Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I hope she hates her dad. He deserves her hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I'm actually not making a capitalist argument at all, or any argument.

You may not "be a capitalist" but I have no doubt that you participate fully and enthusiastically in the capitalist economy so...

Being born into a system and having to participate in it to live doesn't imply condoning it as it is. Or are we not allowed to want to fix problems?

I don't have a problem with sports. I have a problem with the sports industry.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Boon posted:

Seriously. What the gently caress is up with Wisconsin's weird obsession for lovely country music? It even pervades Milwaukee.

I grew in up in a rural WI town, and now I live in Green Bay. The amount of confederate flags and other weird "redneck pride" poo poo you see around here is staggering.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Turns out Milo is coming to UMD College Park on the 26th.

That should be fun.

http://www.dbknews.com/2016/10/06/milo-yiannopoulos-campus-speaker-ban-free-speech/

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

iospace posted:

They pretty much are. The funding for the major renovations was on the ballot instead of some person in a council saying "lol, we're doing this. suck it poors". They have one of the few stadiums where you can make a legitimate argument that boosts the surrounding community even when there isn't a game going on. Then again, it is arguably the most legendary NFL stadium ever, which helps its appeal.

e: oh, and the players rid kids' bikes to practice. They've been doing that since the 50s

Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/784415030955511808

"Boohoo, I can't write whatever amount of BS I want anymore before I get cyberbullied by the meanies on the internet!"

This is why the media is largely disregarded and considered dumb and gullible in most internet culture circles. And largely why they consistently troll you idiots to the end of the earth, because you all eat it up.

Perhaps you should try objectivity, Kurt, instead of pandering to simple minded people who blindly follow everything you write as if it was set in stone dogma.

Or, perhaps, this is what you were going for the entire time.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
i'm an Americaaan SOOOOLDIER. I'm an AmERICAAAAAAAAAAAAN SOOOOOOLD-DIIIEEER he must be voting Trump too

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Boon posted:

Seriously. What the gently caress is up with Wisconsin's weird obsession for lovely country music? It even pervades Milwaukee.

Everyone around here is trying to accelerate our transformation into a corncob/the South.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

"Boohoo, I can't write whatever amount of BS I want anymore before I get cyberbullied by the meanies on the internet!"

This is why the media is largely disregarded and considered dumb and gullible in most internet culture circles. And largely why they consistently troll you idiots to the end of the earth, because you all eat it up.

Perhaps you should try objectivity, Kurt, instead of pandering to simple minded people who blindly follow everything you write as if it was set in stone dogma.

Did you read the article? The guy intentionally tried to trigger an epileptic seizure, it wasn't just mean words.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Trabisnikof posted:

Cyber-bullied = sending videos that can cause actual physical harm to a person apparently.

How about we not act like literal fascists and attack the media

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Trabisnikof posted:

Source your quotes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Source your quotes

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Goatman Sacks posted:

Did you read the article? The guy intentionally tried to trigger an epileptic seizure, it wasn't just mean words.

I'm guessing Trab is quoting some idiot from r/the_donald or something like that.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Trabisnikof posted:

edit: why you gotta troll us by not attributing stupid internet comments to their authors?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Source your quotes

The comments section of course http://www.newsweek.com/epileptogenic-pepe-video-507417?fb_comment_id=1232879823438530_1232913523435160

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Solvency posted:

Cyber-bullied = sending videos that can cause actual physical harm to a person apparently.

How about we not act like literal fascists and attack the media

The media was pretty garbage for most of the election and deserves to be criticized for taking Donald Trump seriously as a candidate for the sake of ad revenue.

Edit: not related to whatever that wall of text is saying, mind you.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

We don't need any more Lottery of Babylons.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Lamb Chowder posted:

i'm an Americaaan SOOOOLDIER. I'm an AmERICAAAAAAAAAAAAN SOOOOOOLD-DIIIEEER he must be voting Trump too

I can't find poo poo about who he supports for president. Only thing I can find is lovely music.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rused again!

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Lightning Knight posted:

The media was pretty garbage for most of the election and deserves to be criticized for taking Donald Trump seriously as a candidate for the sake of ad revenue.

Edit: not related to whatever that wall of text is saying, mind you.

Oh don't get me wrong, criticizing the media is fine, and calling them out when they are terrible is also fine. Physically attacking them is what I am referring too.

:argh:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Barudak posted:

Typically the get repuroposed where possible but to be frank their so big and few are proper domes that many simply lay dormant outside of 8 weekends a year especially in the winter. If soccer drew bigger crowds across the us it'd be less of an issue since they could be made dual use without the same issues that dual use baseball/football stadiums faced.

Now basketball/hockey stadiums those can work for other smaller venues.

The first big event in the Vikings' new stadium was a Metallica concert and I think an MLS match. The Metrodome used to have monster truck rallies, I think. Probably because you can do whatever the gently caress you want on an artificial surface without having to wait weeks for stuff to grow back.

The 'dome was originally dual-use, too. Only Twins game I've bothered to go to was in it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So about the Trump conversation with the Border Patrol council from this morning, where he stated they claimed illegals are all rapists, drug dealers and vote democrat, there was a clarification (naturally):

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/784424835715915776

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/784426352829206528

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

McAlister posted:

At the beginning I credited him with having a good heart just low social intelligence making him an ineffective vehicle for translating good intentions into policy. Also with a penchant for letting perfect be the enemy of good. Both great people but Clinton is the one who can change the world for the better, even against a GOP held house. I don't believe that about him anymore. I've learned to much about him.

Can you expand on how Clinton will handle the current GOP house more effectively than Bernie? My assumption has been that the actual Democrat nominee wasn't really important, given that the GOP house and senate have gone full blown obstructionist. The Democrats could have nominated an empty paper bag, still go on to beat Trump and then sit in the oval office for 4+ years vetoing terrible legislation. The vitriol over the nomination is pathetic in this light, it's not like either candidate could hope to accomplish much (although the primary was pretty tame overall).

However I'm open to hearing how Hillary might be able to deal with the house! Especially, what can she do that Obama can't?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
If y'all are going to talk about stadiums, please wait till I can actually join the debate.

Instead let's talk about :

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/784425792084307968

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh goodie another Bernie derail.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If y'all are going to talk about stadiums, please wait till I can actually join the debate.

Trump is literally incapable of admitting he is wrong. But we knew that already.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Goatman Sacks posted:

Weird, Breitbart News Daily on Sirius/XM was telling me that since there are far more absentee ballot requests this year in Florida, Hillary is already screwed.

Reminder that Florida has a few weeks of in person early voting, and absentee ballots amount to slightly more than gently caress all comparatively. Also by the time early voting ends half or more of the votes will have already been cast.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nocturtle posted:

Can you expand on how Clinton will handle the current GOP house more effectively than Bernie? My assumption has been that the actual Democrat nominee wasn't really important, given that the GOP house and senate have gone full blown obstructionist. The Democrats could have nominated an empty paper bag, still go on to beat Trump and then sit in the oval office for 4+ years vetoing terrible legislation. The vitriol over the nomination is pathetic in this light, it's not like either candidate could hope to accomplish much (although the primary was pretty tame overall).

However I'm open to hearing how Hillary might be able to deal with the house! Especially, what can she do that Obama can't?

Well to start Sanders has a reputation of being hard to work with and aloof in the senate while Clinton has a reputation of being able to work across the aisle.

Her plan of getting moderate republicans drunk in the White House then getting them to agree to deals seems pretty workable to me.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Hmmmm what's this about?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/784439194982682624

Bonus: let's talk about the loving MAILS SOME MORE:

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/784439442505367553

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Please let them think they have it wrapped up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/784439194982682624

Itsnotgonnahappen.jpg

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

It's funny because if anything, Hillary probably started prepping even harder after the first debate so that she can maximize her chances at having the town hall go as well for her. She knows anything less than a very solid performance could stall the momentum she's gained after the first debate and she's always known than loving up a debate would be disastrous like it was when Obama was caught flat-footed by Romney lying his rear end off in their first debate.

It's be fun to see the Central Park 5 get brought up at the town hall to see how much worse he can do with minorities and white people who aren't neo-nazis or firmly in his camp.

Phone posted:

He bought an ad back in 1989, he was asked about it this week since the Central Park 5 were wrongly accused, convicted, and imprisoned (city paid out a settlement of close to $50 million).

It's the same stuff as always: Trump says or does something completely reprehensible and then double downs when it turns out that he's on the wrong side.

The settlement probably made him even more pissed. Not only were they released but they were paid millions by the city that hosed up their lives.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
What is Central Park 5?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's been a long time since I saw the Central Park 5 documentary, but they confessed under duress and were basically forced into it. They were kept in cells for over 12 hours without food or outside contact until they "came clean".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NickRiccardi/status/784438755306471424

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

canepazzo posted:

Bonus: let's talk about the loving MAILS SOME MORE:

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/784439442505367553

quote:

The FBI flagged State to about 5,600 messages investigators thought were potentially new, but lawyers representing State in a flurry of Freedom of Information Act lawsuits have said that about half of those messages are actually duplicates or near-duplicates, such as previously-released messages with a new application of Clinton's trademark request to her aides: "Pls print."

Friday's document dump is the first of four court court-ordered disclosures of sets of the Clinton messages between now and Election Day.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

What is Central Park 5?

five kids in the early 90's late 80's who were accused of beating and raping a woman. because of panic about superpredators and wilding teens these kids were railroaded. donald trump took out a full page ad in a new york newspaper calling for the death penalty specifically to put down these heinous thugs. turns out none of them were guilty, another guy later confessed to the crime and they proved it with dna evidence. all five were released after years of imprisonment and won fat settlments from nyc

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So did drudge end up being right about the false flag hurricane?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Lightning Knight posted:

What is Central Park 5?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/reality-check-donald-trump-central-park-5/

tl;dr: Four black men and a Hispanic wrongly convicted of a brutal rape that Donald took out a full page ad advocating for their execution. They were exonerated when the real rapist was arrested for a separate crime and admitted to it, and DNA evidence connected him to the crime.

Donny still thinks we should have roasted them.

edit: drat it boner confessor :argh:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:laffo: now they're just trolling the gently caress out of people.

boner confessor posted:

five kids in the early 90's who were accused of beating and raping a woman. because of panic about superpredators and wilding teens these kids were railroaded. donald trump took out a full page ad in a new york newspaper calling for the death penalty. turns out none of them were guilty, another guy later confessed to the crime and they proved it with dna evidence. all five were released after years of imprisonment and won fat settlments from nyc

Huh. I've never heard of this. What an rear end in a top hat.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Given that it's a court and not the police who determine guilt, I'm really dying for someone to ask Trump basic civics questions in a debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Crain posted:

Turns out Milo is coming to UMD College Park on the 26th.

That should be fun.

http://www.dbknews.com/2016/10/06/milo-yiannopoulos-campus-speaker-ban-free-speech/
Can his visa be denied in the future since he's an extremist?

• Locked thread