Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
“Grab them by the p---y,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

PhazonLink posted:

You mean the group that invented the Christian sidehug and chaste belt/underwear?

Yes indeed. (It's called sarcasm.)

Pretty sure chastity belts are just fetish wear though.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

Not to distract from the latest bombshell, but what does SWIM mean?

"Someone who isn't me" something idiots say when confessing things online as if it has magical legal power

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

haveblue posted:

"Someone who isn't me," basically a way to tell a story about something you totally did without anything incriminating being traceable to you.
Except it's all totally traceable to you.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Also, Trump on Days of Our Lives because why not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFneEUeZQVY&t=420s

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

So what's gonna happen in 2020 when Hillary runs against someone who (probably) isn't just daily slam dunks? This is what keeps me up at night at this point.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Just wanted to chime and say I predicted this exact freaking scenario more than a week ago itt.

e:

Minimalist Program posted:

According to every source ever, there's hour after hour of footage of the old Trumpster saying the gently caress-word and touching the asses and tits of women on his show w. the specific knowledge that it would be edited out. Somebody's leaked that and the dem camp is gonna mail it anonymously to the news outlets five days before the election I will almost toxx myself for this.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

haveblue posted:

"Someone Who Is not Me," usually seen where the poster is talking about a personal experience but doesn't want to incriminate themselves--I've personally only seen it when people are talking about drug use and I doubt it would be a very effective cover if the post got used as evidence

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

RevKrule posted:

So what's gonna happen in 2020 when Hillary runs against someone who (probably) isn't just daily slam dunks? This is what keeps me up at night at this point.
The GOP is going to be more disorganized than ever, Hillary is more popular in office than when out of office, and unseating an incumbent is hard.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

RevKrule posted:

We hope changing demographics are enough to make up for it and pray that Obama Hari Seldoned up the economy enough to get us through four years of Republican rule.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a black man with an M60 firing into a crowd of Klansman.

https://twitter.com/Direct2Drive/status/784462320873242624

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Re: Luke Cage discussion

socialsecurity posted:

The series is a right wing wet dream, black people protesting the police in the show are doing it because a corrupt black politician is tricking them for her own advantage/to sow violence. They did do cop on black violence too but it was a black cop who was upset because his partner was killed and was punished right away reasonably but the black lives matter people still protest.

Lololol you think the cop was punished reasonably (suspended without pay) after committing multiple felonies such as:
- kidnapping of a minor
- multiple civil rights violations
- assault of a minor
- battery of a minor
- also you get to tack on the "under the color of authority" enhancements and now you're talking federal charges, especially with the kidnapping charge.

But yeah, not getting paid for a bit is appropriate for that. /sarcasm

They should have burned that goddamn police station down for that poo poo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Hillary Cultists: what's your preferred response to the "any low level soldier/employee who handled classified information like Hillary did would have gotten court-martialed/arrested" argument.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sensible Thursday posted:

So uh we can call this now, right? :fork:

It was discovered George W Bush had A DUI mere days before the 2000 election. The fact is voters don't really care about this personal character poo poo from ten years ago. Anyone who does was voting for Hillary anyway. If there's a :fork:, it's because of everything else that has already happened this month. This is just bonus silverware.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

sarmhan posted:

Yep. This is beyond his normal level of vile. He's literally talking about raping women.

The caveat to that is that it's not rape to him because he's famous and he thinks famous guys get to do whatever they want to women. Rape is a pleb crime.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trump is wrong. Do not grab women by the pussy, please.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i just listened to the tape and that's... pretty bad.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Hillary Cultists: what's your preferred response to the "any low level soldier/employee who handled classified information like Hillary did would have gotten court-martialed/arrested" argument.

It's a load of bullshit. If you didn't actually have intent to distribute it to America's enemies, you'd most likely get a slap on the wrist or some security training, if it even got noticed/cared about to begin with.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

RevKrule posted:

You get a bunch of dumb goons to toxx that she only won this year because she was facing Trump.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

haveblue posted:

Someone Who Isn't Me

edit: I was very slow with this one.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Trump is wrong. Do not grab women by the pussy, please.

so much conflicting advice

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

RevKrule posted:

The magic of democracy is that no one side can keep power forever. Usually the parties alternate every one or two presidencies. After Clinton (one or two terms) everyone will be blaming everything bad that ever happened to them (12-16 years is a long time) on the Democrats, and we are probably due another recession. The Republicans would have to be running a candidate worse than Donald Trump to lose next time, and I can't think of anyone worse. If Hillary wins, the next president will be a Republican.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Le Saboteur posted:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Brony Car posted:

That it simply isn't true. Ask anyone who has actually done it, they got disciplined, retraining and a bad performance review. It happens all the loving time(not their own private servers, but outside email or accidentally taking work home).

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

i just listened to the tape and that's... pretty bad.

The audio is way way worse than the text and this part in particular will be epic in ads

quote:

“I’ve gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” Trump says.“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

“And when you’re a star they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s.

The way he connects his fame to his ability to assault women and the way he says "you can do anything" while the homeboys giggle...drat.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RevKrule posted:

Obviously, it depends on what happens in those 4 years. A recession is likely to happen, just based on the boom/bust cycle, but hopefully it will not be 2009 level bad. Assuming she leads a Obama-like first term, she probably has much higher favorability ratings in the next election and probably wins assuming the GOP hasn't found a way to resurrect Reagan.

BarbarianElephant posted:

The magic of democracy is that no one side can keep power forever. Usually the parties alternate every one or two presidencies. After Clinton (one or two terms) everyone will be blaming everything bad that ever happened to them (12-16 years is a long time) on the Democrats, and we are probably due another recession. The Republicans would have to be running a candidate worse than Donald Trump to lose next time, and I can't think of anyone worse. If Hillary wins, the next president will be a Republican.

Ted Cruz would lose to her, and he's the most likely option at this point.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

A recession won't mean poo poo when your electorate is increasingly non-white and one party is explicitly white supremacist.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

It was discovered George W Bush had A DUI mere days before the 2000 election. The fact is voters don't really care about this personal character poo poo from ten years ago. Anyone who does was voting for Hillary anyway. If there's a :fork:, it's because of everything else that has already happened this month. This is just bonus silverware.

The DUI didn't do much because there's millions of people with DUIs and most people with DUIs only have one, and don't think they should be judged as a bad person forever based on it, AND everyone seems to know a friend they like that has one, so they didn't judge him negatively based on it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think we all know why Trump's hands are tiny now.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So David Fahrenthold is pretty much a shoo-in for the Pulitzer right?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

WampaLord posted:

Obviously, it depends on what happens in those 4 years. A recession is likely to happen, just based on the boom/bust cycle, but hopefully it will not be 2009 level bad. Assuming she leads a Obama-like first term, she probably has much higher favorability ratings in the next election and probably wins assuming the GOP hasn't found a way to resurrect Reagan.

Ted Cruz would lose to her, and he's the most likely option at this point.

Only problem is she'd need a Democratic House and Senate to have an Obama-like first term.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The crack in this theory is that Republicans might cause recessions.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I hope someone brings up the tape at the debate to bait him into another meltdown.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Brony Car posted:

if a low-level employee did something similar they'd get a writeup and a talking to from DSS

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

So David Fahrenthold is pretty much a shoo-in for the Pulitzer right?

I think so, maybe NYT has a ton more of his tax info tho.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I mean some poo poo Trump says is kinda ridiculous but it comes off worse because of the halo of poo poo effect surrounding him, but "yeah bro grab her by the pussy" is pretty unspinnable imho

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

That it simply isn't true. Ask anyone who has actually done it, they got disciplined, retraining and a bad performance review. It happens all the loving time(not their own private servers, but outside email or accidentally taking work home).

Funny you say that, because I was Intel in the Marines and worked in a G-2, and the people whose minor fuckups like accidentally transmitting something that was supposed to be classified but improperly marked got nothing but a talking to and maybe sent back to retraining. There was a E-5 that did it a week before his promotion and still got his E-6. No A15 or nothing.

Now if you're already on a shitlist, then you might get nailed to the wall for it, but that's because they were already looking for something to nail you on.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

RuanGacho posted:

The crack in this theory is that Republicans might cause recessions.

Who actually caused the recession can be immaterial.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Brony Car posted:

Soldiers are subject to military rules and regulations which are significantly stricter and less specific than the civilian equivalent. Hillary Clinton is not subject to the military rules and regulations because she was the head of a civilian branch of government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

gfsincere posted:

The DUI didn't do much because there's millions of people with DUIs and most people with DUIs only have one, and don't think they should be judged as a bad person forever based on it, AND everyone seems to know a friend they like that has one, so they didn't judge him negatively based on it.

Also because it was immediately framed as a "really minor" DUI and no one challenged it. His campaign staff said Bush was just barely over the limit and was pulled over for "driving too slowly," like he was actually being a really courteous drunk driver, and also he was just a dumb kid at the time.

In reality since it was in 1976 he probably had a BAC of like 1.2 and was charged after driving off the road and crashing into a hedge, and he was 30.

• Locked thread