Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The Fantasy Trip's on Kickstarter. I'd back it, but shipping to the UK is estimated at $71, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The Fantasy Trip's on Kickstarter. I'd back it, but shipping to the UK is estimated at $71, so

I never played these when they were out the first time. Anybody have impressions they can share?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
The Expanse RPG is up on Kickstarter, and is blowing past stretch goals already.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

homullus posted:

I never played these when they were out the first time. Anybody have impressions they can share?

We played them extensively in grade school. They're a quick-playing set of dungeon crawl rules with tactical combat on a hex grid. Only 3 stats, Strength Dexterity, and Intelligence. Skill checks and attacks are resolved by rolling under your stat on 3d6. There are skills and spells. In short, proto-GURPS.

TFT itself was based on two purely tactical games, Melee and the followup, Wizard. These were nice, simple tactical games. The real hook was they released a line of pre-programmed adventures for them. The classic 'read a paragraph, make a choice' kind of gamecock adventures, many of which were notoriously hard (Death Test) and some were very involved; Grail Quest was a really good Arthurian adventure.

The $30 tier will get you some good gaming.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The Expanse RPG is up on Kickstarter, and is blowing past stretch goals already.

What are the Modern AGE rules it's built on like?

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I have literally never been excited about a special edition hardcover or a stretch goal before but drat if I don't want that minimalist cover and the solar system map.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

What are the Modern AGE rules it's built on like?

They have a link to a quickstart guide in the KS. They looked like respectable mid-range complexity rules. Nowadays, though, I really only want really tactical (like Strike! or D&D 4e) or more free-form (PbtA), so I decided to pass.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwickpresents/war-of-the-cross-a-7th-sea-strategy-board-game-rel

The 7th Sea board game kickstarter is back up again. I wonder how much truth to my friends conspiracy theory that they have ran out of money and are trying to get all their RPG stuff produced by running other kickstarters. It is certainly something that I can see being true.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

homullus posted:

They have a link to a quickstart guide in the KS. They looked like respectable mid-range complexity rules. Nowadays, though, I really only want really tactical (like Strike! or D&D 4e) or more free-form (PbtA), so I decided to pass.

I have no standard by which to judge, because the only RPGs I own sit on the shelf/in a pdf folder and mock me for just having friends only interested in their small children and things related to their small children

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oh huh, I literally started reading book 1 today. I don't think I'm into it enough yet to back this.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/johnwickpresents/war-of-the-cross-a-7th-sea-strategy-board-game-rel

The 7th Sea board game kickstarter is back up again. I wonder how much truth to my friends conspiracy theory that they have ran out of money and are trying to get all their RPG stuff produced by running other kickstarters. It is certainly something that I can see being true.

I'm kinda surprised that it failed originally, since the RPG stuff has been doing pretty well on Kickstarter, hasn't it? Like, they're pretty aggressively priced, but I'll take it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Given they've been more than willing to run other Kickstarters for the RPG (see also: Khitai), I doubt it. On the other hand, their book production values are pretty high and they've been a little too free with promising books as stretch goals.

e: okay yeah no way this KS is doing that. The miniature quality is too high, all the bits and bobs too good-looking, and the 40k price point is too low. They're looking to maybe break even on this, and their only real money save is a lot of the art's already been made for the RPG.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mors Rattus posted:

Given they've been more than willing to run other Kickstarters for the RPG (see also: Khitai), I doubt it. On the other hand, their book production values are pretty high and they've been a little too free with promising books as stretch goals.

I can see it going both ways though. I have backed both rpg kickstarters at the all pdf level, but I would have bought every book they produced so far for 10 bucks each easy. It is certainly possible they sold all the dedicated fans from first edition all their output way below what it could have made, and the strange new system with divisive combat rules keeps new players out cutting into sales beyond the kickstarter.

They have all been beautiful books so far, if a little sparce with info at times. I can only read so much about npcs when the individual countries seem to be assuming you know a lot about them from first edition.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices • FreeLogoServices

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

I just wonder how someone can be interested in making a game, know about kickstarter, decide to use it, and still be so completely oblivious to reality.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So, there's no way to actually get a product?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

rydiafan posted:

So, there's no way to actually get a product?
The product is the custom miniatures line and cards Kyle wants. Presumably you'll be able to buy them eventually!

I'm on my phone right now so could someone please download the zip of rules and stuff, upload basher.png from the card images folder to imgur or somewhere, and post it in this thread. This is important. Thanks.

E: Rare version of cards will be hidden in blind packs and will be made with special effects on the card face and hold a unique perk or different attack, abillity or something else entirely

Also he left this in the rtf describing his card layout: hi there i just saw your work and was curious about getting you onboard to design some 3d models for printing for me, im starting a new type of board game and have some pretty decent backing atm, problem is i cant find a reasonably priced way to get someone to make me the designs and stl files, ill attach one picture and would like a quote on how much to make me a blank 3d model for printing. the image is of a gun slinger that needs to be changed to avoid copy right issues and needs more detail anyway, i look forward to hearing from you, regards kyle.

It's kind of sad.

90s Cringe Rock fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 24, 2018

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The product is the custom miniatures line and cards Kyle wants. Presumably you'll be able to buy them eventually!

I'm on my phone right now so could someone please download the zip of rules and stuff, upload basher.png from the card images folder to imgur or somewhere, and post it in this thread. This is important. Thanks.

Why would I do that when I could upload the identically-named but different image from the Humans folder under the Miniatures folder? Bonus cartoon d20 for scale:

But also who cares, because get a load of Conflicted Alignment Business Santa:

EDIT: Goddamn

All of the Beast cards have the same fireman background…because the base template is that and also it's in here…as a PowerPoint file!?!?

EDIT 2: There's a zip file within the zip file which contains stuff that was already in the top-tier zip file. Glorious.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 24, 2018

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
An assassin from the deadly Turtle clan, with a one in six chance of actually hitting someone with her attack and not just damaging herself.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
The revolutionary game they're considering is basically just Arcane Legions, but worse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

The shipping on this is a joke.

There's been an update on the shipping for Escape Plan. Apparently the person compiling the table got a figure in AU$ and thought it was USD. The actual cost of shipping to .au is $29 US.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Also he left this in the rtf describing his card layout: hi there i just saw your work and was curious about getting you onboard to design some 3d models for printing for me, im starting a new type of board game and have some pretty decent backing atm, problem is i cant find a reasonably priced way to get someone to make me the designs and stl files, ill attach one picture and would like a quote on how much to make me a blank 3d model for printing. the image is of a gun slinger that needs to be changed to avoid copy right issues and needs more detail anyway, i look forward to hearing from you, regards kyle.

challenges i have come across so far are the expenses side of having miniatures created for me, as a result the initial goal from the first project i had up has been increased to compensate for this. We may also run the risk of the funding goal not being enough to cover the whole project in which we will actively seek alternative methods for completion, however from quotes we have received, this amount should be adequate.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

the deadly turtle dan

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nuns with Guns posted:

the deadly turtle dan

3rd Dan in Deadly Turtle style.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mors Rattus posted:

challenges i have come across so far are the expenses side of having miniatures created for me, as a result the initial goal from the first project i had up has been increased to compensate for this. We may also run the risk of the funding goal not being enough to cover the whole project in which we will actively seek alternative methods for completion, however from quotes we have received, this amount should be adequate.

quote:

All points made are valid I agree, however we have examples of cards and miniatures available in the link, but after a dispute with the manufacturer we are no longer allowed to use the board or the miniatures and all pictures of the nights we tested are of those items. It was an unfortunate incident that occurred. However there is no need for the negativity you have provided and your feedback was not received In a friendly manner as it may have intended to be. Once again we ask if you have no interest then please move on and allow us to continue with our project.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > TG Kickstarter Thread 3: It was an unfortunate incident that occured

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I'm a 24yr old Male that has the highest hopes for Mankind an Technology to evolve together and be side by side with everything.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Our new card game Radiant: Offline Battle Arena is now up on Kickstarter!

quote:

Radiant: Offline Battle Arena is a head-to-head, two-player card game that brings the excitement and strategic challenge of the MOBA genre to the tabletop. ROBA pits two teams of fantasy heroes against one another in a struggle for dominance.

Radiant is one of the fastest-playing card games I’ve ever tried. Each player deploys their team of three heroes across three lanes, with an opponent’s shrines at the end of each lane. Heroes clash with skill cards and talents in an attempt to KO one-another and defend their shrines from attack. Destroy your opponent’s shrines to force their deity, a special super-powered hero, to manifest. Defeat their deity, and you win!

Deck building is easy: there are nine Heroes with ten unique skill cards per hero. You pick three heroes and shuffle all their cards together to form a 30-card deck. Then you secretly pick a deity, three items (attach them to your hero to make them better), and you’re done!

The game really shines in a draft format. Each player takes turns picking and banning heroes, then builds their deck as normal. I find that once you understand the game,

You can try out the game for free by using the print-and-play demo here.

I worked on this game for just over three years of its development, and I’m really pleased to see it on Kickstarter. I hope you’ll give it a look! Thank you!

Spookyelectric fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 24, 2018

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Y'all are either making fun of a child or a disabled individual.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

ItBreathes posted:

Y'all are either making fun of a child or a disabled individual.

Actually he's just Australian

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It is possible to post this kind of thing without being a child or disabled. E-diagnosis based on a Kickstarter or Google Doc is dumb. The man is clearly cognizant enough to use Kickstarter not just once but twice, has prepared all the materials he thinks he needs, and so on.

He's just got no idea what he's doing.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
From a better kickstarter:

For our sixth stretch goal, we'll be adding alternate Trogdor Meeples based on the designs by Coach Z, Strong Mad, Strong Sad, and Strong Bad to the game.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

For our sixth stretch goal, we'll be adding alternate Trogdor Meeples based on the designs by Coach Z, Strong Mad, Strong Sad, and Strong Bad to the game.

This is loving great.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

The_Doctor posted:

Tim Fowers' new game, Sabotage launches Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/tfowers/status/1020717251392024577

This is up now. I'm real torn, it sounds up my alley but Im not sure how often I'd have 3 others who'd be into it. Though that app to make it a 2 pllayer co-op is tempting me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It doesn’t help that it feels like Fowers is churning out a game every couple of months.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Spookyelectric posted:

Our new card game Radiant: Offline Battle Arena is now up on Kickstarter!

Radiant is one of the fastest-playing card games I’ve ever tried. Each player deploys their team of three heroes across three lanes, with an opponent’s shrines at the end of each lane. Heroes clash with skill cards and talents in an attempt to KO one-another and defend their shrines from attack. Destroy your opponent’s shrines to force their deity, a special super-powered hero, to manifest. Defeat their deity, and you win!

Deck building is easy: there are nine Heroes with ten unique skill cards per hero. You pick three heroes and shuffle all their cards together to form a 30-card deck. Then you secretly pick a deity, three items (attach them to your hero to make them better), and you’re done!

The game really shines in a draft format. Each player takes turns picking and banning heroes, then builds their deck as normal. I find that once you understand the game,

You can try out the game for free by using the print-and-play demo here.

I worked on this game for just over three years of its development, and I’m really pleased to see it on Kickstarter. I hope you’ll give it a look! Thank you!

I'm broke, but < $50 Kickstarter board/card games are always easy to justify....

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

90s Cringe Rock posted:

That's rad as gently caress. Among the best freebie stretch goals of all time.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Will I pay $40 for a Trogdor co-op game? Probably not.

Will I pay $40 for a 'The S is for Sucks' dagron meeple that comes with a gratis Trogdor co-op game? A much more appealing proposition.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Will I pay $40 for a Trogdor co-op game? Probably not.

Will I pay $40 for a 'The S is for Sucks' dagron meeple that comes with a gratis Trogdor co-op game? A much more appealing proposition.

I like how all the stretch goals are "don't pledge the extra 20 dollars for the minis because we're loading this poo poo up with cool meeples"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Yeah I love how the meeples whip rear end and the plastic mans are appropriately lovely.