Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I await the alt-right Weird Al with great anticipation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It's been 179 days since Trump last held a press conference. You know what that means:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/737785114239864832

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Nazi's are all anyone wants to talk about guys.

Maybe not the best timing eh?

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

BioThermo posted:

I'm the guy in the Wu Tang shirt kicking the statue.

How easy is it for civilians to procure Thermite for the purpose of rendering fallen statues unrecognizable, in the event that they don't fold like Mr Gray here?

Well since it's powdered aluminum and rust, pretty easy.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/tomperriello/status/897248886410096640

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also try to not do the thermite thing because have fun if you gently caress up with any of that.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
People were saying earlier that Obama should make a speech in Charlottesville to calm everyone down since Trump clearly has no interest in being a leader, but I have a better idea... Obama and George W Bush make a joint appearance and each make a speech against hatred.

I mean, gently caress Bush and all, but I think that would send a hell of a message, much more than just Obama doing it.

That's my fanfiction

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Holy poo poo, walking around Amsterdam early morning so I can get some exercise without traffic, and a loving Russian started stalking me, yelling at me "What you don't support Trump?" and telling me about Charlottesville and how the antifa are "loving fascists". He followed me for about three blocks before I finally found and pointed to a CCTV camera. That was scary.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm guessing he found Neo-Folk too gay.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

boner confessor posted:

aside from that the other weird aspect of goonish sherman worship is that people don't credit him for being a skilled general so much as being a destroyer of property, which is by far the lesser of his accomplishments during the war

Sherman was effective. Which put him in the upper echelon among Union generals.

He also looked good in photos. Beyond that, he was a terrible loving person.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It's been 179 days since Trump last held a press conference. You know what that means:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/737785114239864832

He's got to be trolling us at this point. Some pretty impressive 4th-dimensional chess.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

More fun Lincoln facts: He is beloved by the Deaf community in America for founding what is now known as Gallaudet University, the first and foremost college in the US focused on spreading American Sign Language, and providing higher education for Deaf students. The hands on the Lincoln Memorial are carved in the ASL letters A and L, for Abraham Lincoln's initials.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Holy poo poo, walking around Amsterdam early morning so I can get some exercise without traffic, and a loving Russian started stalking me, yelling at me "What you don't support Trump?" and telling me about Charlottesville and how the antifa are "loving fascists". He followed me for about three blocks before I finally found and pointed to a CCTV camera. That was scary.

I am so sorry, you don't deserve this. Trump is really bolstering this weird kind of relationship with Russia that is inverse with the pattern of history, and no one knows how to function appropriately in it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yardbomb posted:

Also try to not do the thermite thing because have fun if you gently caress up with any of that.

No seriously listen to this poster. Thermite will turn your flesh to a glowing hunk of iron and ash.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/897121208793272320

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

This is quite scary and worth a watch.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I can't stop laughing at this.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Dirt posted:

Nazi's are all anyone wants to talk about guys.

Maybe not the best timing eh?

Feel like people are probably going to scroll past this so just to reiterate, Trump retweeted this. He's real fuckin' mad he had to make that second statement.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

TRUMP

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Goddammit which one of you was he

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Goddammit which one of you was he

Prorat hasn't posted in a while...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Was he ranting against the song One Tin Soldier?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I mean we knew about those FBI reports. The whole sad thing about this is it wasn't a surprise, it was very much seen coming.

gently caress yeah, Durham. Make these "heritage" fuckers interested in voting to remove the statues, (so they can be put in a shame museum,) because otherwise they're going to be defaced, vandalized, and destroyed. They don't belong on our corners, and it's time to get them removed.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Phoix posted:

Feel like people are probably going to scroll past this so just to reiterate, Trump retweeted this. He's real fuckin' mad he had to make that second statement.

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/897300363530850305

You can't make this poo poo up.

Trump is retweeting a Nazi or at the least a Nazi-aligned idiot two days later

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/bydanielvictor/status/897202298463637504

Careful with the doxxing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, so was the "big announcement" that Trump was planning just the Charlottesville statement? Were the rumors of harsher trade measures against China false? Or is he just pushing the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to some other day.

Kale
May 14, 2010

the black husserl posted:

Abraham Lincoln would have done anything to save the Union, including sacrificing his only son, Willie Lincoln, to Satan. Which he of course did, although everybody says it was an illness :rolleyes:

Too soon dude

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I await the alt-right Weird Al with great anticipation
When Conservatives attempt humor, it's always painfully unfunny, with a signature blend of lazy and smug. Weird-Alt Yankovic would just be a guy playing a loop of someone else's accordion album in the background as he shouts "friend of the family!" over it for the first twenty seconds, then spends the next three minutes telling you how awesome he is for writing that song all by himself. Track 2 will be identical, except he's shouting "Fag!" now.

It would go at least gold, because that would trigger those fuckin' libs.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mistaya posted:

gently caress yeah, Durham. Make these "heritage" fuckers interested in voting to remove the statues, (so they can be put in a shame museum,) because otherwise they're going to be defaced, vandalized, and destroyed. They don't belong on our corners, and it's time to get them removed.

north carolina law prevents local governments from removing memorials. sadly the county is legally required to replace the statute

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Dirt posted:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/897300363530850305

You can't make this poo poo up.

Trump is retweeting a Nazi or at the least a Nazi-aligned idiot two days later

Posobeic also tried to false flag anti-Trump protesters with a "rape Melania" sign and promoted Pizzagate.

HOLY poo poo that's the guy who was promoting the fake Macron leaks right when they came out.

Dmitri-9 fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 15, 2017

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Could we get some more of those obnoxious mouthy goons in here to explain why punching Nazi's is bad and how better outreach to the disaffected is the only viable solution right now? Because I need to slam them in the face with the final interview in this video.

Kale
May 14, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so was the "big announcement" that Trump was planning just the Charlottesville statement? Were the rumors of harsher trade measures against China false? Or is he just pushing the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT to some other day.

I feel like this would be a trump super mad tantrums everywhere tearing up and possibly chewing the white house furniture because of somebody being murdered stole a day in the spotlight away from him.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

boner confessor posted:

north carolina law prevents local governments from removing memorials. sadly the county is legally required to replace the statute

Then, tear it down again and again and again until North Carolina's central government gets the hint.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Covok posted:

Then, tear it down again and again and again until North Carolina's central government gets the hint.

dont quote me covok you unstable weirdo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Charlottesville is all Donald had today, and he literally responded with "fake news" when asked what happened to the statement they said was supposed to happen today. With Donald it could be that there was never a statement to begin with, that it was a profoundly stupid statement that his aides talked him out of, or it could be that he straight up loving forgot or changed his mind on the most random whim.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Covok posted:

Yeah make an event out of it. Turn the memorial into a weekly pinata.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also yeah trump is mad today because he was supposed to make empty threats at china and look like a big tough man president but instead he got yelled at for being too racist and not racist enough at the same time and this is really loving with his narcissism

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you ever get into a fight with a Russian shithead like that, you can always yell "bey fashistov", it means punch/kill fascists and it's a pretty well known phrase in Russia, stretching back the glorious war of the fatherland.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kevyn posted:

People were saying earlier that Obama should make a speech in Charlottesville to calm everyone down since Trump clearly has no interest in being a leader, but I have a better idea... Obama and George W Bush make a joint appearance and each make a speech against hatred.

I mean, gently caress Bush and all, but I think that would send a hell of a message, much more than just Obama doing it.

That's my fanfiction

Didn't they already do a public talk together at a university? They seem to have alright chemistry

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

Yeah make an event out of it. Turn the memorial into a weekly pinata.

they'll just wait for the protests to die down and attention to go elsewhere then replace the statue at taxpayer expense

this sort of political vandalism is cathartic but it doesn't really change much without political change as well, which in the state of north carolina has been blocked for now by state government decree

i mean best case scenario durham parks department or whoever drags their feet on replacing the thing for years

e: lmao

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mahoning posted:

All Confederate statues in the state of Georgia should be replaced with statues of William Tecumseh Sherman.

Go with Grant, sure his presidency was pretty corrupt, but the guy knew how to deal with the KKK, created Yellowstone National Park, and was pretty reasonable to Natives compared to most American Presidents

• Locked thread