Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

That DICK! posted:

lets try to keep things on topic please? on the murder pedophile company that we all watch. can you believe their latest blunder?

I don't get this bit where you assume people posting in this thread are obligated to watch the WWF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I can't tell you how often, time and time again, I hear someone chime in "Peeeee-ewwww, That Dick stinks, open a god drat window"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ad by Khad posted:

i think darkstar is the only person in this thread that watches still

and suffers tremendously for it

ohhh i think you're all secretly watching it behind my back... secretly watching it in your little chatroom.... posting emotes about the latest braun strowman news! im the only one actually not watching it, and you all know it!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

RGL said that???

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Having a great time not watching WWE with all my friends. They’re just out of frame, not watching WWE too.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

As someone who just started a Paramount Plus trial for one specific show, this is so true. Love to scroll through a single row of all the shows in a section in alphabetical order instead of something more sane like a grid that takes up my whole screen. Fuckin' bozos.

We also just got the Paramount+ trial for Drag Race.

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Peacock’s comedy originals, but man should that app be smart enough to know that if I made it to the credits of the last episode of something, I’m going to want to watch the next episode the next time I spin the thing up and not the rest of the credits.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

ohhh i think you're all secretly watching it behind my back... secretly watching it in your little chatroom.... posting emotes about the latest braun strowman news! im the only one actually not watching it, and you all know it!
nice meltdown

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

DLC Inc posted:

was thinking about this earlier while watching some stuff about the "Reign of Terror" era-----what's been the worst booking decision from WWE in modern history in your opinion? Like, in terms of something that, if it had gone the other way, would have radically altered the course of the company for the better or hoisted up a way better worker towards success. I'm forever hung up on HHH going over Booker T at Wrestlemania, I think---would have really been a huge win and course correction. I'm sure there are others more memorable in terms of CM Punk matches or Brock pinning Kofi in 10 seconds (which I can't even put near the top because it was such a random rear end but expected thing)

Depends on what you are calling modern I suppose. Obliterating CM Punk at the knees in 2011 was bad. Same for Bryan in 2013/2014. Then Ambrose in 2014/2015 is when I knew it just wasn't there. I'll also throw in the obliteration of Bayley, a license to print money as a face, that they managed to get booed and now her best main roster work is as a heel.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Michael Corleone posted:

How much money did WWE lose out on from PPV's by going to the Network and giving away all the Big 4 for 10 bux. Had to have been quite a bit, they got half of 60 bucks, 30 for each order. People were going to order at least Mania and the Rumble, and hardcores would order more. I guess in a sense it stopped casuals like me from looking for streams for a PPV I wanted to see, but they would need to do, well it would be algebra where the breakeven point btwn selling for 30 and 10 was found. Plus all the other content, seems like it was a good idea and the fans benefit but the company lost out on money. And what are they getting now after selling to Peacock, they still produce all the content, what does NBC pay them?

There is a chart I saw where one Blood Money show was worth like… the equivalent of 7 Wrestlemania or something stupid high.

You could be more profitable by putting on a good show, letting them watch PPVs for dirt cheap, and growing your audience. I was more invested in WWE when the Network launched and it was like… finally I can watch all these shows live! But then you get to a point where I am paying $1.25/mo for Peacock and had zero interest in the last PPV.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

like the last five years I actually turned it on the TV or subbed to the network, it was just background noise and I was only checking out the gifs because nothing loving matters. They ripped out a dude's eye and it grew back. Why the gently caress would I watch this poo poo beyond a mocking social media interation.

Every time John Cena threw the ring steps like Donkey Kong was the coolest poo poo. They never talked about it tho. Like brought it up when talking up Cena.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 25, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nobody knows how much money WWE gave up by going all in on streaming, and with the PPV's mostly being dog poo poo I doubt buy rates would be high......but just look at what ESPN is doing with UFC PPV's and you can see the kinda of money WWE lost.

They really should kept the big 4 as PPV's and put the rest on the network

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I watch WWE every day of my life and if you read this I'll make you watch it too

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

coconono posted:

It would have made sense for WWE to build a new Undertaker, but instead we have people yelling at Bix that Alexa is a cheese pizza.

Bray Wyatt looked and talked like a knock off Waylon Mercy; there is no way he should've ever have been built up as a new Undertaker. The Fiend gimmick might have worked if they stuck the crappy mask on someone who was physically intimidating, instead of a guy who, at best, could be described as "round".

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
the rotund rotunda

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DLC Inc posted:

was thinking about this earlier while watching some stuff about the "Reign of Terror" era-----what's been the worst booking decision from WWE in modern history in your opinion?

I think that Cena did no one any favors by not fully investing in Nexus.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DLC Inc posted:

was thinking about this earlier while watching some stuff about the "Reign of Terror" era-----what's been the worst booking decision from WWE in modern history in your opinion? Like, in terms of something that, if it had gone the other way, would have radically altered the course of the company for the better or hoisted up a way better worker towards success. I'm forever hung up on HHH going over Booker T at Wrestlemania, I think---would have really been a huge win and course correction. I'm sure there are others more memorable in terms of CM Punk matches or Brock pinning Kofi in 10 seconds (which I can't even put near the top because it was such a random rear end but expected thing)

In addition to HHH going over Booker (which should never have happened), but the night Jericho beat HHH for the WWF title, only for HHH to get it back because he later threatened the ref into reversing the decision was one god awful decision.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NXT UK is teasing a new lady debuting named Blair Davenport. It's probably Bea Preistley since she was rumored a few months ago to being going to nxt uk.

listen to this lack of reaction to Cena teasing a return to WWE on Jimmy Fallon show.

https://twitter.com/FallonTonight/status/1407911778739183622

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Going to laugh very hard if Cena just no-sells Bray's kayfabe erasure.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

God I hope Cena doesn't come back, they don't deserve him

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

KungFu Grip posted:

NXT UK is teasing a new lady debuting named Blair Davenport. It's probably Bea Preistley since she was rumored a few months ago to being going to nxt uk.

So is Will joining her or are they not together or is he really physically not able to go?

Cena became what he hated along: a part time wrestler that only comes back to perhaps promote his movies.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://youtu.be/96BduIRmfWg

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Breaking the Shield up probably is the biggest modern booking error followed by refusing to push Moxley as a top guy

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

instead of ramming super-face Roman down everyone's throats for years and trying to mute the crowds roundly booing him and pretending like he was beloved, they could have gone with the flow and flipped him heel a long time ago and probably not chased off a ton of viewers

like, I don't think what they are doing with him now is great, but if they had done it back when he was at the height of everyone despising his face run, it would have been such a great course correction

instead they just broadcasted to fans for years that the company hates them and doesn't care about what they want to see

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I think that Cena did no one any favors by not fully investing in Nexus.
There are entire generations of wrestlers lost to time between the start of the Super Cena era still basically ongoing today because they just never put anyone over Cena or Lesner long-term. Randy Orton has been on TV for over 20 years as a main eventer, think about how much time that capsules in the pre-Cena eras. Christ. Think about what even Hogan had done from Wrestlemania 1 until 20.

The rise of Hulkamania, the jump to WCW, the NWO, the return to WWE and the NWO, Hulkamania faceturn against The Rock and at 19 he beat Vince McMahon and left again

Randy Orton went from cocky prick, Evolution, Legend Killer, and then spent the last idk, 10 or so years as the same person with different face/heel alignments.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

TV Zombie posted:

So is Will joining her or are they not together or is he really physically not able to go?

Will is still under NJPW contract and expected to return later this year. He's not going anywhere.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

God I hope Cena doesn't come back, Taiwan deserves better.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I misread the question cuz I'd just woken up from a nap but I think phasing Cena down the card so early was awfully dumb. Maybe not the biggest blunder but I have to think it hastened the decline

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The worst booking decision in modern WWE was having Rollins cash in at Mania 31. It killed Reigns' potential as a babyface and took the belt off one heel who didn't put over anyone to put it on another heel who would go on to not put over anyone and injure people he worked with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The worst booking decision was the Jinder title run. Him going from jobber to champ in 3 weeks destroyed the company's credibility

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Benne posted:

Will is still under NJPW contract and expected to return later this year. He's not going anywhere.
I thought his back was as bad as Edge's when he retired, why would he come back so soon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact WWE wasted Cena tying their version of Flair's title record with no build says everything about modern WWE booking

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The fact WWE wasted Cena tying their version of Flair's title record with no build says everything about modern WWE booking
Don't worry, they've got Flair's own daughter to bury the momentum of anyone who shares the same brand as her now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

I thought his back was as bad as Edge's when he retired, why would he come back so soon

Will is not a smart man

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RealFoxy posted:

Because Bad Billy is a crazy person.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

Because he's very stupid

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
The worst booking decision will always be the Invasion for me. Other terrible decisions since then have lost their fanbase, but the Invasion prevented a growth that could have dwarfed anything they'd done previously. All they had to do was not treat the opposition like a joke and a sideline to the never-ending McMahon family drama.

But drat there have been some awful decisions in the 20 years since the Invasion. The Reigns of Terra, Cena and Reigns. The treatment of crowd favourites like Danielson. Their complete and utter refusal to push anyone who hasn't been mandated as a corporate favourite. Breaking up popular teams and groups, including managers, for no other reason than they want singles stars above all else. Brock Lesnar: making everyone else on the roster a jobber to the star. Treating most legends as useless old has-beens, unless it's one of those episodes where the old guys physically or verbally make the current roster look like a bunch of absolute chumps. The endless 50/50 booking that makes everyone involved look worse. Signing so many TV deals that they just have to keep churning out content that doesn't have any booking behind it, just matches for the sake of matches. The Rise and Fall of the Women's Division. Baron Corbin: Angle Killer (in more ways than one). Apart from a couple of occasions, turning the Royal Rumble into a predictable chore by only ever pushing one wrestler as the possible winner. Getting rid of the Survivor Series elimination matches, or worse using them as some lame Raw vs SmackDown bitter rivalry blowoff between guys who were usually on the same roster weeks earlier.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

When they blew up Vince's limo they should have had him in it.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Sheamus over Bryan in 18 seconds at WM28 was what made me quit WWE for good, I don't know nearly enough about this poo poo to call that the worst booking decision ever but it was enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

the other video of his entrance got taken down, so here it is again for anyone who missed it

also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n3va7kl-qg

lmao