Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Duscat posted:

this got posted in the toooorpm therad and it occurred to me that you should add a few letters that are not in any modern alphabet to your calligraphy, especially in the Names of Trump

if there's a certain logic to it where it's often present in particular contexts, but also kinda randomly, it will drive future historians mad

the inter-trumipular semicolon : scholars differ on its significance, its meaning, and the causes of its rise and fall of its popularity in common trupmerian parlance. in this thesis paper i wi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
ፖᚱਪᙏႼ

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Duscat posted:

this got posted in the toooorpm therad and it occurred to me that you should add a few letters that are not in any modern alphabet to your calligraphy, especially in the Names of Trump

if there's a certain logic to it where it's often present in particular contexts, but also kinda randomly, it will drive future historians mad

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

yeah, that's what I meant actually, I will send you a giant pack of really nice ones

I said cookies because I assume that most people don't know what a stroopwafel is

They're getting pretty common in the US these days, happily.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm not gonna quote every post above me but this is great idea. The real trick will be to replicate the same character in lettertype so I can include it in the printing press

I have been quite busy lately. I thimk I made some art in the past days in the trump thread but haven't posted here

Today there was an event where a bunch of actual professional artists were opening their studios to the public and I had some good discussions with them about materials and stuff

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nite Crew tormenting day crew

twoday
May 4, 2005

Who's that in the sky?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

twoday posted:

Who's that in the sky?

TRUMP

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
this but tromp!

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

twoday posted:

Who's that in the sky?
looks like the dang mods to me!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tainen posted:

this but tromp!

me every morning trying to get out of bed. Eventually I can get skin, meat, and skelly to agree on a single direction

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Since we're on the topic of art like this:

[Not me but it's a quote of someone in an archive thread, so hard to attribute]

quote:

Salvator Rosa (the artist who painted that) was kinda...messed up even by Renaissance art standards. Dude was obsessed with witches and bitched about other artists constantly depicting saints as half-naked. Also born four hundred years too early, 'cause he missed his chance to do art for Cannibal Corpse or something. He also had the good fortune to be essentially an independent artist rather than becoming dependent on his patrons, so he just made whatever he personally wanted to create.

when you're in the mosh pit and the lead guitar starts shredding

closing time at the witches coven

wicca sucks, what's up with the skyclad ceremonies and handfasting, they need to get back to their roots summoning evil bone creatures from the depths of hell

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Bonus Temptation of Saint Anthony:

Looking up St. Anthony, he was a religious hermit who I think would get so under-stimulated his mind would just start blasting hallucinations at him just to not die of boredom

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nebakenezzer posted:

Looking up St. Anthony, he was a religious hermit who I think would get so under-stimulated his mind would just start blasting hallucinations at him just to not die of boredom

TFW you devote your entire artistic career to dealing with that time some :females: looked at you funny in the market square

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Buck Wildman posted:

TFW you devote your entire artistic career to dealing with that time some :females: looked at you funny in the market square

Republican Gothic

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

Wow, this is great, I never heard of this artist before. I'm a big fan of medieval monsters and such, as you know, though outside of random illustrations the only two artists I can think of that did it consistently are Hieronymous Bosch and François Desprez

This also reminds me of Blase, the blaspheming artist who repaints old renaissances paintings that look like this with modern additions

I have been too busy to even post lately, let alone make art, but hopefully I will have some time again soon

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday posted:

But when you're right you're right

I was going to do "Brexit - What does that mean??" but the original is just too good

It was still better in my head, might redo it

twoday has issued a correction as of 23:56 on Jun 3, 2019

twoday
May 4, 2005

it's poorly executed, wasteful, and noticeably too far towards the right

twoday
May 4, 2005

My fingers are covered in ink, I look like I voted seven times in an Iraqi election, and scrubbing it last night with hand soap, dish soap, and even a household cleaning product that I use to clean my countertop did nothing, but this morning after a shower I made a hardboiled egg, took off the shell, and it sucked up all the ink like a sponge. So that's a lifehack I guess, but the egg didn't taste very nice

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

A place that sells automotive stuff will have hand cleaner that will get rid of those stains

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

My fingers are covered in ink, I look like I voted seven times in an Iraqi election, and scrubbing it last night with hand soap, dish soap, and even a household cleaning product that I use to clean my countertop did nothing, but this morning after a shower I made a hardboiled egg, took off the shell, and it sucked up all the ink like a sponge. So that's a lifehack I guess, but the egg didn't taste very nice

get some of that orange pumice soap

twoday
May 4, 2005

I’ve got plenty of eggs already

twoday
May 4, 2005

I got some more poster size prints of English stuff, going to try to make a few more in this series. I might try to write neatly next time, not sure.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Epic High Five posted:

that stuff works wonders, you should have it even if you dont work on cars/machinery

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Epic High Five posted:

This man knows what's up

twoday
May 4, 2005

I am unfamiliar with this product

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

twoday posted:

Go to home Depot or car parts store and ask for orange soap. It's granular and helps rub off oils and other stuff. It's used in auto shops and machine shops cause it works so well

Edit ask for Fast Orange or something similar to it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

twoday posted:

https://www.amazon.com/NATURAL-ORANGE-Pumice-Industrial-Cleaner/dp/B000CCOK6Q

strong soap with little bits of pumice/abrasives in it to scrape your flesh clean, normal soap doesn't do poo poo to most things because it isn't designed to do much more than make germs slippery

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

You can also buy disposal wipes but the soap is 100% better

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

probably don't buy from that link tho, looks like the shipper is watering it down, which isn't very smart with a product that is largely used only by professionals who will actually be able to tell when it isn't working

just go to a hardware store and yell ORANGE! while rubbing your hands, it's a universal product

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

twoday posted:

In a similar vein: Lava soap, yo. That poo poo'll clean anything off.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In a similar vein: Lava soap, yo. That poo poo'll clean anything off.

yep same thing, there's a bunch of brands but they're all basically the same thing

edit - lava's what I've always used because I don't have a shop and have no room for like the huge gallon jugs the other stuff come in lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

This sounds very useful, I often have problems with getting pine tar off my skin and I just thought there was no way to get it off except waiting

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

twoday posted:

This sounds very useful, I often have problems with getting pine tar off my skin and I just thought there was no way to get it off except waiting

a knife

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

don't think cutting your hands off is a valid solution

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

for when you absolutely must get whatever it is off of your hands

and maybe a lil bit of cancer to go with

twoday
May 4, 2005

Usually if something is stuck to something, I try soap, then dish soap, then maybe some kind of liquor, then give up

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

twoday posted:

the popular name brand is 'fast orange'

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

fabergay egg posted:

for when you absolutely must get whatever it is off of your hands

and maybe a lil bit of cancer to go with

holy poo poo lol

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Haha, I haven't caught up on this thread in ages and the return of the Remember Sailor block is genuinely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

I heard from the person recently, it's been delayed but it is still on its way