Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

LordCo posted:

Well now, somebody's just a little bitter:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24173661&postcount=1

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24170981&postcount=77

And just because the posts won't survive long enough for anyone to see them:

Huh, they were not deleted, the first thread was only closed, second one is still open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

faxmachine posted:

One of the many degenerates from Drozana that took offense to party poppers and disco balls. Ran HOBO, had a huge meltdown over NoPPS because he was charging millions of EC for starbase access. Maxed out numerous credit lines to get the HOBO starbase to T5. Massive source of entertainment.

whoooooosh

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So, now that I'm T4 in all of the reps, what are the best rep traits to slot?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Speaking of bad people, look who decided to come back to STO:

And it didn't take long for him to try and maneuver his way back to relevancy:

Holy poo poo. I might just start playing again just to piss this dude off.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Isn't that Poison Ivy?

If that brand of crazy is logging in again, then I might have to re-install.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r69dvJBkF0

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
^^^Glorious.

That's Mina Lia, Lina Mia? Both? Whatever. That's the guy who had three different accounts do the tonic dance on the bar and said he modeled his characters after his mother.

I ran into him a few days ago, because I log in every now in then to literally play with my fireworks that Cryptic tried to bribe me back with, and saw him. Make sure to ask him how he'll cope with not having anyone left in his fleet to do his life's work of having max fleet holdings if a new one comes out. He got really defensive and went on a rant about how he still has the best PvPer (Zelda) in his pocket or something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I remember Zelda. Anyone who killed him in PVP was kicked from HOBO fleet immediately for "cheating".

Truly a lofty standard we all hope to attain one day.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: Corporations or American Citizens are not subjugated to fines, leins, or taxes.
[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: In the US only people who are under the SSN system or US Ctizen are able to be tax, fine, or have leins.
[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: In the US there are two citizens a US Citizen and and American Citizen.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

hakimashou posted:

[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: Corporations or American Citizens are not subjugated to fines, leins, or taxes.
[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: In the US only people who are under the SSN system or US Ctizen are able to be tax, fine, or have leins.
[Zone #17] Klytemnestra@Klytemnestra: In the US there are two citizens a US Citizen and and American Citizen.

Holy poo poo I was hoping this particular ball of crazy would come back for summer.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

hakimashou posted:

WHAT AM I? WHAT AM I??????

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

hakimashou posted:

Is that the one who made the creepy CGI video about being "harassed" on Risa? If so, aren't they also in the Navy or Coast Guard or something? Because that would make this whole sovereign citizen thing they're doing extra hilarious.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Soviet Commubot posted:

Is that the one who made the creepy CGI video about being "harassed" on Risa? If so, aren't they also in the Navy or Coast Guard or something? Because that would make this whole sovereign citizen thing they're doing extra hilarious.

I hope there's a way to clarify this because I'm confused as hell. There's no way there are 2 types of citizens.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BombermanX posted:

I hope there's a way to clarify this because I'm confused as hell. There's no way there are 2 types of citizens.

Sovereign citizens are crazy and their beliefs are bullshit, yes.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
To fully prepare myself for making a return to the disco dancing, extinguisher blasting, pubbie shaming delights of STO, please may I have wiki access? I registered as Pork Pie Hat over there. Cheers.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

BombermanX posted:

That pubbie is the crazy person I thought they were, although I'm not going to sit through 20 minutes of their garbage to see if they're the one that was in the Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

And sovereign citizens are hilariously insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mLY9EbDmzY

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Soviet Commubot posted:

That pubbie is the crazy person I thought they were, although I'm not going to sit through 20 minutes of their garbage to see if they're the one that was in the Navy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

And sovereign citizens are hilariously insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mLY9EbDmzY

So people like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBgkAmJUn0

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread.

Also that cop was extremely patient for a Texas cop. Here they would have smash someone's window and arrested someone, probably very violently, after the first refusal.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 6, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
So we have batshit Lina AND Klytemnstra back in the game, and on top of it, I have word that Poison Ivey is in fact back on STO with a toon named Clara. I believe he is still using his wraithraptor account.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Seriously folks it's a great time to come back. We're running Race Enhancement ops on Risa and the crazy pubbies are out in force. Lots of fun to be had without actually playing this stupid game.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DonDoodles posted:

So we have batshit Lina AND Klytemnstra back in the game, and on top of it, I have word that Poison Ivey is in fact back on STO with a toon named Clara. I believe he is still using his wraithraptor account.

Wow, lots of old names coming back.

It's almost as the the secret to getting people to log in was offering a viable non-cash path to endgame-tier ships.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Seriously folks it's a great time to come back. We're running Race Enhancement ops on Risa and the crazy pubbies are out in force. Lots of fun to be had without actually playing this stupid game.

I believe there is already one thread on the forums bitching about cover shields on the ramps. Not sure if that was any of you, but let's keep it up!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Wow, lots of old names coming back.

It's almost as the the secret to getting people to log in was offering a viable non-cash path to endgame-tier ships.
The holiday event ships have always been really unique and often fairly underrated, and the fact they're T6 level now is just icing on the cake yeah.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

The corvette remains, in my opinion, the best ship in the game; definitely in its tier, and even better than a lot of T6 ships.

I'm still convinced a T6 version would be the best thing since Sisko socking Q.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Trebuchet King posted:

The corvette remains, in my opinion, the best ship in the game; definitely in its tier, and even better than a lot of T6 ships.

I'm still convinced a T6 version would be the best thing since Sisko socking Q.

A T6 Pilot version would redeem everything.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

bubbles depo posted:

Holy poo poo I was hoping this particular ball of crazy would come back for summer.

Klytmenstral never really left. You just had to know where he was hiding out. He likes to skulk around in the TTS channel, pretending anyone actually listens to him.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

THE poison ivey?

This one?

Oh yes.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yep, check for Clara@wraithraptor...probably hanging around trek radio parties.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Pork Pie Hat posted:

To fully prepare myself for making a return to the disco dancing, extinguisher blasting, pubbie shaming delights of STO, please may I have wiki access? I registered as Pork Pie Hat over there. Cheers.

You're in.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Lagomorphic posted:

Not going to fall for this. :v:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Atrayonis posted:

Not going to fall for this. :v:

He's right though, you can just boot it up and camp at the finish line and drop shields every 18 minutes or something.

And it never gets old watching people all crash into them.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Korgan posted:

You're in.

Neat thanks!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
So I made a new character because I'd pretty much forgotten everything, may I have an invite to he fleet please? Inez@slideceramic. Thanks!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Haha gently caress, I hit T5 Delta today and discovered that to unlock armour options in the tailor, you need to own all three pieces of a ground set now.

Back to grinding Argala I guess.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

So I made a new character because I'd pretty much forgotten everything, may I have an invite to he fleet please? Inez@slideceramic. Thanks!

The missions actually look a bit nicer than they used to. Just fyi.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
This is becoming a pretty good thread. Complaints about zone chat transitioning into more bitching about the Nimoy memorial, cover shields during the race, and someone REALLY loves Druk.

- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24207801&postcount=37

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Quick and dirty video of some fun on Risa. Now with Triolic Pattern Enhancers.

Also a couple of test drops at the start line.

The enhancers seem to add to the confusion nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlywmui3L4

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

SKY COQ posted:

Haha gently caress, I hit T5 Delta today and discovered that to unlock armour options in the tailor, you need to own all three pieces of a ground set now.

Back to grinding Argala I guess.

To cap off a great day, I've just discovered that boffs from the embassy can't wear Romulan uniforms. Brilliant.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SKY COQ posted:

To cap off a great day, I've just discovered that boffs from the embassy can't wear Romulan uniforms. Brilliant.

Pretty sure mine can. At least the 22nd century ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They can wear veteran uniforms and purchased romulan uniforms but not the default republic/faction ones. :downs:

• Locked thread