Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Get raided! Ignore that it has the same plot as the Jem movie except with tombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndhidEmUbI

Also people are arguing that it is actually Alicia Vikander's neck in that poster and I am now a bully who body shames her because a poster looks photoshopped.
There's some cringeworthy stuffnin there but for the most part it captures the action and aesthetic of the new games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

http://theideas.wikia.com/wiki/The_Idea_Wiki

be thankful these aren't the people who actually get to make movies.

quote:

Andrea Banes: 'Ever since Megatron got unfrozen for 12 years....You're the best friend I ever had, Andrew. And If I had to sacrfice everything to save you, I wanted my Family to be happy. I wish...that Optimus, Magnus and Rodimus would help me fill your heart. Because you and my daughter Mikaela are my Family's Treasure'

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

There's some cringeworthy stuffnin there but for the most part it captures the action and aesthetic of the new games.

The "Academy Award Winner" title gave me a Catwoman vibe. Granted it doesn't look *that* bad but it's still far from good.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Happy to see Walter Goggins getting work, always been a fan.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Doflamingo posted:

The "Academy Award Winner" title gave me a Catwoman vibe. Granted it doesn't look *that* bad but it's still far from good.
She doesn't have the number of flops under her belt that Halle has so I'm trying to stay positive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neither did Halle at that point did she? All I can really think of is the horror movie she did and the last Brosnan James Bond which was a flop critically but did find at the box office.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Kanish posted:

Happy to see Walter Goggins getting work, always been a fan.

I, too, am a big fan of Wilter Googines

(it's Walton)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MonsieurChoc posted:

No way was Aliens better than Alien in any way.

I forget that some people have SMG oppinions

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Neither did Halle at that point did she? All I can really think of is the horror movie she did and the last Brosnan James Bond which was a flop critically but did find at the box office.
The Flintstones, B*A*P*S, Swordfish, Die Another Day, Gothika. The space between her Academy Award and the point that her career really started going down hill, Catwoman, isn't very long.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Swordfish and Die Another Day and Flintstones weren't flops though? Or was this the second Flintstones without John Goodman?

Gothika is the flop I was thinking about

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Iron Crowned posted:

I forget that some people have SMG oppinions

They are two very different movies, Alien is a horror movie and Aliens is an action movie. It's not that SMG to think someone would prefer one genre to another.

I also think Alien is better.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

FishBulb posted:

They are two very different movies, Alien is a horror movie and Aliens is an action movie. It's not that SMG to think someone would prefer one genre to another.

I also think Alien is better.

Alien has Harry Dean Stanton while Aliens has Bill Paxton, so in fact they are both perfect in every way.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Alien is so, so much better than Aliens, which is a big dumb empty action movie that looks like garbage.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Alien is so, so much better than Aliens, which is a big dumb empty action movie that looks like garbage.

You look like garbage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

Alien has Harry Dean Stanton while Aliens has Bill Paxton, so in fact they are both perfect in every way.

Our world has neither though.

feedmyleg posted:

It's fine to prefer one to the other but lol at the idea that Aliens is empty.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fffttt lol Aliens as empty. LOL. Looks like garbage? El-0-EHL.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

Agreed, same with Terminator v Terminator 2

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

Agreed, same with Terminator v Terminator 2

Agreed.

Though I'd watch T2 over Aliens any day.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I also prefer Alien over Aliens but they're both masterpieces in their own way. Calling Aliens garbage is just... wow.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Aliens is very good for being the fourth-best movie in the franchise.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Swordfish and Die Another Day and Flintstones weren't flops though? Or was this the second Flintstones without John Goodman?

No, she wasn't in the one with Stephen Baldwin. I was thinking more along the lines of critical flops rather than financial too. I always confuse Gothika with that Angelina Jolie movie where she's an FBI profiler who gets her ideas from lying in the bottoms of graves. Vikander will be a much better Lara Croft than Jolie. That I'm certain of.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Cameron was on record saying he didn't think Wonder Woman was a properly feminist or inspiring film for women, or something to the effect that it doesnt accomplish a vision of female empowerment equivalent to the praise it was getting

Jenkins very politely told him to stuff it since he wasnt a woman.

So since Cameron is an incredibly petty dick, he's probably thinking he'll relaunch Terminator (which at its heart aside from being a Terror of Japanese Industry 80s flick is also a movie about a woman surviving an embodiment of male rage as a stalker as all good slasher films wind up being), only he'll include Old Sarah as an empowered Woman and then do a multigenerational exploration of Female Agency. One his revenue surpasses WW's, he can crow about how his film did it right and didnt have to cast a statuesque model to it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's amazing how James Cameron, academy award winning director and visionary/explorer still gets into beefs with other directors.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

feedmyleg posted:

I sincerely thought I was the only one who felt this way on the internet

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I heard Tom loving Arnold telling the story about him being cast for True Lies, and how Roseanne tried to block it by threatening the studio but Cameron told the execs he'd walk if they blocked him. He said it like "he felt that strongly about me being in his movie" but it's almost definitely like "James Cameron doesn't like being told what to do and decided to get into a pissing match about it because he's petty and vindictive."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Swordfish was kind of a flop, wasn't it? It came out just after 9/11 which was not a great time to have a movie in theaters, especially with explosions in it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Baron von Eevl posted:

I heard Tom loving Arnold telling the story about him being cast for True Lies, and how Roseanne tried to block it by threatening the studio but Cameron told the execs he'd walk if they blocked him. He said it like "he felt that strongly about me being in his movie" but it's almost definitely like "James Cameron doesn't like being told what to do and decided to get into a pissing match about it because he's petty and vindictive."
I don't have a high opinion of Cameron but apparently no o e could stand working with Roseanne by the end of the show. I'm surprised it's getting a revival.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Roseanne is loving nuts. She's a TERF too.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Cameron was on record saying he didn't think Wonder Woman was a properly feminist or inspiring film for women, or something to the effect that it doesnt accomplish a vision of female empowerment equivalent to the praise it was getting

Jenkins very politely told him to stuff it since he wasnt a woman.

So since Cameron is an incredibly petty dick, he's probably thinking he'll relaunch Terminator (which at its heart aside from being a Terror of Japanese Industry 80s flick is also a movie about a woman surviving an embodiment of male rage as a stalker as all good slasher films wind up being), only he'll include Old Sarah as an empowered Woman and then do a multigenerational exploration of Female Agency. One his revenue surpasses WW's, he can crow about how his film did it right and didnt have to cast a statuesque model to it.
Well, he would genuinely be doing something big for feminist action movies.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vegetable posted:

Well, he would genuinely be doing something big for feminist action movies.
The irony of making a huge feminist action movie because a lady was uppity and hurt his little boy feels is perfect for 2017, too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Roseanne is loving nuts. She's a TERF too.
I really don't get it. She's nuts and just about everyone else who was on the show is doing fine or outstanding in their careers.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

I really don't get it. She's nuts and just about everyone else who was on the show is doing fine or outstanding in their careers.

Are you referring to anyone other than John Goodman?

edit: or Sarah Chalke

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I read that Darlene was basically her stand-in for a lot of issues she experienced growing up, so probably a lot of unresolved issues stemming from that.

It probably didnt help that her quaint sitcom about an authentic struggling almost-middle class family made her mega rich.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

Also, Johnny Galecki, David Healy on Roseanne, who is currently making $1 million an episode on The Big Bang Theory.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sir Kodiak posted:

Also, Johnny Galecki, David Healy on Roseanne, who is currently making $1 million an episode on The Big Bang Theory.
Even the smaller fish are probably living comfortably on residuals.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ALFbrot posted:

John Goodman had the best trajectory. He's Been Working since the show and has had a good few years recently (from being on SNL regularly to 10 Cloverfield Lane and whatnot).

Johnny Galecki, Darlene's boyfriend, popped up again thanks to the Big Bang Theory and he's pretty much set for life thanks to that. BBT also had guest spots for Laurie Metcalf and Sarah Gilbert.

Chalke snagged a spot on Scrubs and did OK for herself popping up in How I Met Your Mother and now on Rick and Morty.

Martin Mull is a character actor so he's in a bunch of random stuff (Danny Phantom?!).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

davidspackage posted:

Swordfish was kind of a flop, wasn't it? It came out just after 9/11 which was not a great time to have a movie in theaters, especially with explosions in it.

It's great fun at least, i got the dvd asap

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

davidspackage posted:

Anyone talking about it referenced either Jackman as Not Wolverine or Hallie Berry's Berries being on display for 1/15 of a second.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Sarah Gilbert was in High Fidelity and uhh that Simpsons where she makes out with Jimbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Anyone talking about it referenced either Jackman as Not Wolverine or Hallie Berry's Berries being on display for 1/15 of a second.
Travolta's career died right about that time. Battlefield Earth was the year before.

• Locked thread