Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Itchy Itchiford posted:

You are now my new favorite AI poster. I want a ute so bad, but the fiance said we can't move to Australia :(

http://www.lefthandutes.com/

Someday....

WHOA $85000 US for a 2010 Maloo. No wonder she wont let you have one haha. Still, I suppose its our payback for having to pay $140000 AU for an american muscle car that you guys pay $40000 US for :argh:
I'm looking at you camaro, trans am and challenger....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

Powershift posted:

You're pretty much going to have to sell the car.

:( I'd kind of be happy to sell it, but good wagons are hard to come by and I'm too broke to take on my dream 240 project right now.

Update: the glass arrived at the shop today, but got hosed in shipping. Apparently it'll take another week to get a replacement.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Apologies for the poo poo images, decided to treat my car to a five or six thousand miles without loving me over award, got drunk and made some amazon orders. Stage 1 is some rain/wind deflectors, I love driving around in winter with the heater roasting my feet and the windows cracked open for fresh air, now I get to do it in comfort- they are better quality than I expected for £18 for the pair, and they really make a difference, I can pelt around without any buffeting while still getting fresh air. They also let me leave my windows open a crack when I'm at work if it's raining. Did a new mount for my G1W and put on some door trim protectors too.

Phase 2? Replace the interior bright white lights with red LED's, and add some near pointless voltmeter and thermometer readouts with switches, switches for the dashcam, phone charger and GPS power too- because I want more buttons to press, and it's an easy thing to get the kids involved on. Just waiting on the ship from China.

Hell, then I might even do something useful like grind off some of the rust and repaint :)

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

Automatic Retard posted:

WHOA $85000 US for a 2010 Maloo. No wonder she wont let you have one haha. Still, I suppose its our payback for having to pay $140000 AU for an american muscle car that you guys pay $40000 US for :argh:
I'm looking at you camaro, trans am and challenger....

Yeah it's just a little nuts for a specialty car that I imagine will cost an equally stupid amount to insure. At least we got the GTO, G8, and the new SS. The good thing about the US is there are still nice 4th gen f-bodies available for $10k or less.

Still, I will always lust after the Holdens. Post more pictures :)

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Itchy Itchiford posted:

Yeah it's just a little nuts for a specialty car that I imagine will cost an equally stupid amount to insure. At least we got the GTO, G8, and the new SS. The good thing about the US is there are still nice 4th gen f-bodies available for $10k or less.

I'll chuck some in the post your ride thread some day

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
Well, hello there!

New pistons and rods, polished crank and bored 0,5mm over.

The head is still at the engine shop getting ported and serviced.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
showoff!

I know you're a showoff because I'm envious right now.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tapped into the CD changer output to hack an aux. in into the C5. Won't miss the changer (lol 2001), and no need to drop the money for a new stereo since other than it being ugly it actually sounds really good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Larrymer posted:

I swapped out the front brake lines and bleeders since they got Michigan'd. Probably original 15 year old lines that made sense to replace as I'm going to be towing with this truck and don't want to blow a line. Bleeders are supposed to be 10mm and a 10 or 9 wouldn't fit on it so out came the vice grips. I couldn't get the rear bleeders to move so I'm going to revisit those to flush the whole system later. Surprisingly they aren't rusted though but I didn't want to round them off since I was feeling a bit rushed. The truck doesn't fit in the garage (too long) so I didn't want to leave it half in there overnight with the door open.

Well, this came back to bite me. Now the hard lines are leaking at the union to the new soft lines. $78 for a full stainless steel hard line kit? gently caress it. It's like Oprah where everyone gets a car, except with brake lines. I noticed this during the front control arm swap on both sides. New uppers and lowers with ball joints and new tie rod ends. And now a new wheel speed sensor since I broke one. :( Too bad this is probably the last time it's going to be warm for 4 months, so good thing I don't really need the truck for awhile...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Earlier today:

Hello darkness my old friend.

You Am I posted:

What are we supposed to notice in that blurry small photo?

IOwnCalculus posted:

ADEQ emissions station, the bane of that orange Beetle's existence.

Fart Pipe posted:

Trying to get that Beetle to pass emissions.
Exactly.

Two hours later:

Welp, gently caress my life

Failed again, and again. And now I'm out of money until Friday so I'm going to take these three boys and build the best carburetor I can from the rubble.

Two hours ago:

Now:

I am a God Damned Wizard

So I now have a (hopefully) working 30 PICT 3, created from Fart Pipe's 30-PICT-3 body he sent me, and the rest of the parts from the 30/31 PICT 3 I ordered in from China that failed in the earlier picture. I know it got close, but that was after two tries, with adjustments to the best I could do. All of the threads on it were graunchy, and nothing fit right. Using it with the genuine German body is the best bet.

I also took the spare jet that came in Fart Pipe's carb, a 122, and put it in the eariler 34-PICT-3, the one I've been running with the past year, and also the one that failed the first seven tests (tests eight and nine were with the new Chinese one). I had the 34-PICT-3 tuned well enough that it was only failing the loaded hydrocarbon test (it's final test was the one mentioned in the "PREVIOUS RESULTS" line on the photo of the test receipt above), and maybe the smaller main, to 122 from 125, may fix things?

I'm 50/50 running with this rebuilt 30, or running with the modified 34, for the next (and hopefully final) test.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Isn't there some additive that you can put in the gas to temporarily improve emissions? :ninja:

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05063-Guaranteed-Emissions-Formula/dp/B000CIPUR8

No experience with the snake oil-ness of this, though.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

Itchy Itchiford posted:

I started a thread. Bit drunk though, so it's gonna have to be done in several installments haha

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I dreamed longingly about a mid engine conversion kit for my cute little Corvair while looking up parts to reseal the transmission, differential, and various leaking engine parts.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
VW parts are cheaper because people only have the attention spans to care about one type of air cooled car :smug:

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

Automatic Retard posted:

I started a thread. Bit drunk though, so it's gonna have to be done in several installments haha

You are now my favorite retard :allears:

Next year when I start dumping stupid amount of money into my Firebird I'll make a thread for you in return.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Made some awesome new floor mats for the Merc, for a grand total of £4 for an offcut of carpet from a local shop. Not sure how long they'll last but for that price, I don't mind making a new set every 6 months.

I've missed having a beater that I can do stupid poo poo to and not have to worry that it looks daft. My time with the Abarth was amazing but it just wasn't the sort of car I could do things like this to.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Would you use it on the floor

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Made some awesome new floor mats for the Merc, for a grand total of £4 for an offcut of carpet from a local shop. Not sure how long they'll last but for that price, I don't mind making a new set every 6 months.

I've missed having a beater that I can do stupid poo poo to and not have to worry that it looks daft. My time with the Abarth was amazing but it just wasn't the sort of car I could do things like this to.

Lacks dickbutt embroidery.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

El Scotch posted:

Lacks dickbutt embroidery.

If that was something I had the talent to do, I'd be all over it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Would you use it on the floor

Is the transtunnel considered part of the floor?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

VolumeOverTalent posted:

My house came with full old people decor and I still some old granny style carpet left in a couple of places which I'm about to remove (the various shades of brown floral style that is really high quality long lasting stuff). I think i'm going to make car mats out of that too.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Registered my Alberta truck in Ontario. Definitely feels like a chapter closing.

Came with a bit of WTF, when I was swapping the rear license plate I found an empty cardboard firework tube that must have been hanging out in that trough under the bumper since before I bought it. I don't know why I didn't find it when I put my Alberta plate on it, 6 months ago.

The front plate doesn't have a place to go, yet, because Alberta doesn't require front plates and my truck has a... thing... on the front that would obscure a plate attached to the bumper by the factory bolts - which are still intact, though very rusty. I know folks 'round here LOVE to talk about front plates, so any suggestions? :v:
SD 144 Topper and Ferry 6 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr
I'm probably going to get some metal banding with holes in it from the hardware store and use that fat horizontal bar as my mount point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Loosely tie it around the top bar with steel zip ties so it slides and flops around.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
My seats were looking a bit grungy so I decided to give em the business today. The store didn't have the meguiers leather juice I usually get so I decided to try Griots 3 in 1 leather conditioner. I'm very pleased with the results.

I used a magic eraser on the front seats and gave the back a decent scrubbing with dish soap and water, then rubbed in the leather juice. That stuff really brings back the glow without a greasy sheen. It smells terrific too. Not quite like new car but sort of like new shoes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Didn't touch the car per say, but got ready for a bit of an overhaul.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Powershift posted:

Loosely tie it around the top bar with steel zip ties so it slides and flops around.
I laughed out loud when I read this, then 5 minutes later I realized that was EXACTLY what I was proposing. I ended up with some big fat "fender" washers (WTF Crappy tire?) on some 2" bolts I had already to secure the bottom of the plate, then plastic zipties to hold the top in place against that fat horizontal bar. The plate is now less-than-flat but seems secure, and in a position where the po-po can see it easily.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Swapped the all-season tires for snow tires and discovered the thermostat housing is leaking onto the brand new a/c belt I just installed. Also going to swap in a correct thermostat as long as its apart, the 160 one was a dumb idea. I'm the terrible car stuff. :saddowns:

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

wash > claybar > chemical guys white light > wax

Also cleaned the black trim up and made it so I can see out of glass. Wanted to get everything coated with some type of protection for the winter before it's too cold for me to care.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ drat, that is sharp.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Drove 300km to a wedding. the last 13km of the trip was dirt (mud) road. Before the trip I replaced my bald Nitto Invos with some Bridgestone RE003s that were on a 4 for the price of 3 deal. kind of glad I did given the conditions.

so I washed it today.

EDIT: also changed the oil and filter and adjusted the seating position so the after market seats are as centred as possible. still about half an inch off the centre of the steering wheel :/

Laserface fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Nov 24, 2015

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Swapped out the 80's donkey dong shifter in my C5 for one from a C6Z and got a new boot. Looks and shifts a million times better.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Very nice. I remember the horse cock shifter on my 1G DSM and it made me chuckle.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Very nice. I remember the horse cock shifter on my 1G DSM and it made me chuckle.

Thanks I never made that connection, my future is so much brighter now.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012
What vehicle is this?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MiNDRiVE posted:

What vehicle is this?

Grand Prix GTP.

MiNDRiVE
Nov 8, 2012

Was this a Holden interior design or standard Pontiac stuff?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MiNDRiVE posted:

Was this a Holden interior design or standard Pontiac stuff?

Neither, rubbermaid.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Laserface posted:

EDIT: also changed the oil and filter and adjusted the seating position so the after market seats are as centred as possible. still about half an inch off the centre of the steering wheel :/

The stock seats are also off-center. Don't tell anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I guess the after market seats with big bolsters just make it more obvious!