Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

phasmid posted:

Unfortunately, the emergent culture demands that you shall repeat this same drama year after year forever, for you shall become like Sisyphus.

After loving so many randos, you transform from Sisyphus to Sisphilis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jeza posted:

hands down the most horrendous unintentional boast I think I've ever seen

I mean to be fair my penis is massive

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Ending a relationship at Burning Man owns. At first it seemed traumatic, but you can bounce back and be hooking up with someone literally 10 minutes later.

It wasn't ended AT Burning Man, he just did the stupid thing at Burning Man which lead to the end of their relationship.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

burial posted:

Great. Somewhere around here, I read the phrase “pancake tits” which I don’t - and don’t WANT to - understand and now “makin’ bacon pancake tits” is stuck in my head.

Thanks. Thanks for that, brain.

https://youtu.be/Mm-b5DtyXEs

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

I feel so much better now.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

BF [23M] is mad because I [22M] bought a dildo. He thinks it's a threat to our sex life. Should I give in and throw it away?

I bought it two weeks ago and have been loving it. We frankly don't have sex often because he works long hours and that's usually when I masturbate and use it. Yesterday he rejected me for sex, I was okay with because he just came from work and was doing his own thing. I went to the bedroom and was doing what I have been doing for the past two weeks now, using my dildo. I finished and left on the bed and went to take a shower. When I came back he was mad, like I cheated on him somehow.

He was all like, how could you, you're replacing me with a toy and ruining your sex drive. Then he was basically interrogating me about how much I use it and that I'll get "addicted" to it because somehow won't be able to satisfy me anymore and it will completely destroy or sex life.

I know I have been initiating sex less because he's working till really late but he was blaming me for everything and then he said he doesn't want me to use it, especially if I love him. I got mad at that, we got into a bigger argument and this morning we didn't talk. He's being unreasonable and I don't know what to do now. Obviously he means more to me than the dildo, so should I throw it away or try and convince him otherwise?

So he works 11a to 11p and expects me to wait till he's back from work to have sex but I sleep because I work early in the morning. We have sex during the weekends though.

Tl;dr Boyfriend of one year is mad that bought a dildo. He thinks I'll get addicted to it and won't be satisfied by him anymore and that it will end up ruining our sex life.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I think my [34F] sister [36F] is in an abusive relationship with her husband [34M]. I don’t think she is happy. How do I broach this topic with her?

My sister and her husband have been married five years. Had a baby two and a half years ago. She is a very hard working, reliable person. She has a great job (surgeon) and has worked very hard to build up her practice. She loves their baby behind anything else.

Her husband is an rear end in a top hat. A controlling, childish, selfish dbag. He bullies her and the baby. Everything is about him. She puts so much effort into appeasing him so he doesn’t have a temper tantrum. Her personality is mild, non confrontational. He is an egomaniac with no consideration for anyone else. Very much a “toxic masculinity” subject.

I’ve never liked him but recently they have come to stay with me (I live abroad) and my husband and I have noticed more and more that she deserves much better. Many many incidents have happened in the few days they have been here, but one incident in particular has me really upset:

They recently did a long road trip, driving from New York to Florida. He wouldn’t stop when she had to go pee. He said his dad always made them pee in a cup when they did the trip when he was a kid, so that’s what she has to do. So he made her, IN FRONT of their kid (2.5 years old), pee in a cup while they were driving because he didn’t want to stop. The pee went everywhere. Made a mess. He then gave her the kid’s diapers and said finish up in these. So she had to finish her pee in two other diapers. This is extremely degrading. And to do it in front of the child is horrifying. Very demeaning and also teaches the kid the worst behaviors. To me this is abuse. Am I wrong? My brother in law told this story to my husband, while laughing about it like it was funny. My sister was embarrassed and tried to change the subject multiple times trying to play it off. My husband said it was obvious that she didn’t want him to know about it. We presume because she knows he would tell me, and she knows how hosed up it is.

He also bullies the child. He power trips over the baby. Very controlling. Trying to show “who’s boss” in really weird and unproductive ways.

Side note: he once told me that he has never NOT cheated on his girlfriends, my sister is the first he hasn’t cheated on. Conversely, my sister has ALWAYS been cheated on, it’s how every single one of her relationships have ended.

Anyway. There are more incidents. All of them lead to the same conclusion. This guy is an rear end in a top hat and I’m worried for my sister.

What should I do? Do I bring this up with her? Do I leave it? I’m worried it will drive a wedge between us. I already live abroad and only get to see her every so often. I don’t want her to be embarrassed and visit less because of how he acts and she doesn’t want me to see it. I don’t want her to feel embarrassed and feel like she can’t talk to me about it. I don’t want her to feel trapped. I don’t want it to get in the way of our relationship. But it’s also not cool what is happening. I just don’t know what to do. Do I talk to her about it? If so, how do I do it? It’s a delicate situation.

Help me, Reddit!

TL;DR: my sister’s husband is an rear end in a top hat and I suspect he is emotionally and psychologically abusing her and their child. I don’t know if I should talk to her about it. If I do, how should I go about this?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That's not toxic masculinity. That's full blown psycho.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

BF [23M] is mad because I [22M] bought a dildo. He thinks it's a threat to our sex life. Should I give in and throw it away?

I bought it two weeks ago and have been loving it. We frankly don't have sex often because he works long hours and that's usually when I masturbate and use it. Yesterday he rejected me for sex, I was okay with because he just came from work and was doing his own thing. I went to the bedroom and was doing what I have been doing for the past two weeks now, using my dildo. I finished and left on the bed and went to take a shower. When I came back he was mad, like I cheated on him somehow.

He was all like, how could you, you're replacing me with a toy and ruining your sex drive. Then he was basically interrogating me about how much I use it and that I'll get "addicted" to it because somehow won't be able to satisfy me anymore and it will completely destroy or sex life.

I know I have been initiating sex less because he's working till really late but he was blaming me for everything and then he said he doesn't want me to use it, especially if I love him. I got mad at that, we got into a bigger argument and this morning we didn't talk. He's being unreasonable and I don't know what to do now. Obviously he means more to me than the dildo, so should I throw it away or try and convince him otherwise?

So he works 11a to 11p and expects me to wait till he's back from work to have sex but I sleep because I work early in the morning. We have sex during the weekends though.

Tl;dr Boyfriend of one year is mad that bought a dildo. He thinks I'll get addicted to it and won't be satisfied by him anymore and that it will end up ruining our sex life.

Maybe he should keep an excel spreadsheet of the responses when he asks for sex.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Masculinity: I will taciturnly shed tears for old yeller
Toxic Masculinity: I will not cry at all to old yeller, that makes me weak and gently caress you for asking if Im ok
This Guy: I know you kids wanted a dog but you need to learn this lesson first <hands them a loaded shotgun while playful barking can be heard from the back yard>

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Our son's teacher [30s?F] told our son [5M] that the nickname my wife [33F] and I [27M] gave him is "Offensive." Is she right?

quote:

Hi Reddit,

My wife of six years and I have a five year old son who just entered private school kindergarten. The school has a "head-start" program where kids can enroll and do various activities during summer, before the regular school year actually starts early in September.

My wife is a homemaker and I am a computer engineer.

My kid's name is Douglas, which we've shortened to Doug. But Doug's real, favorite nickname is "Daffy" because he loves the cartoon character Daffy Duck.

My wife started playfully calling him "Daffy Doug" when he was only two, and he absolutely loves the name. Everyone in our family lovingly calls him "Daffy." Even his little friends love to call him "Daffy" far more than they call him "Doug," and no one ever calls him "Douglas" unless my wife is giving him some kind of stern talking-to.

So, my son tells me on the first day of head-start, the new teacher was asking the class if anyone had a preferred nickname other than the legal name on the attendance roster. It was explained to me later that the teacher was simply going over a lesson in identity and how people identify according to different names, and she wasn't necessarily planning on calling them by their nickname if it proved to be inconvenient. According to my wife, who found out later, there are lots of nicknames, and not just shortened versions of names. Such as a boy named Robert who gets called "Bob the Builder" and a girl who likes to be called "The Explorer" because her name is Dora.

Well evidently my son's nickname is offensive to his teacher, because my wife got a call requesting her to meet with the teacher when she came to pick up my son.

My wife tells me that the teacher says our son's nickname is offensive and insulting to people with mental issues and that we should stop calling him "Daffy" because it will ruin his self esteem.

My wife was totally taken aback and texted me while I was at the office, and I replied back "well if they hate his nickname so much they don't have to call him that in class then."

My wife says the teacher said it's not enough for her not to call our son "Daffy" in class but that we, as parents (and the rest of our family) need to stop calling him "Daffy" because it will cause him a lot of mental anguish in his future. She told my wife that for us to continue calling him "Daffy" is an issue for protective services and could get us in a lot of trouble. Especially, she says, since she is a legally mandated reporter for instances of child suffering.

I'm shocked that this is even a thing ("Daffy" being offensive). But I guess our kid's nickname is a "thing" with my kid's teacher now.

Do we really need to stop calling our kid "Daffy," even if he loves the nickname and responds to it with overwhelming positivity?

Is our kid's teacher correct right when she says we are warping him and setting him up for all kinds of mental problems later on?

My wife is terrified that the teacher is right and that we are damaging our son.

**TL;DR: My son's teacher thinks that the nickname my wife and I use for our son is ruining his mental welfare**

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

This is my son, Tard. I love him very much.

edit: the actual nickname is totally cool and a good nickname, teacher is an insane person.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m more worried why she blacks out daffy continuously.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Gonna name my daughter Thuthan

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If you teach and lack the mental armor to survive being the butt of jokes, especially from pissant kids and their shithead parents, you're gonna have a bad time.

Reading fail on my part. Wow, that teacher is dumb as poo poo and can lick me where I fart.

Bogus Adventure fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 25, 2018

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
huh, never knew daffy was slang for a deranged person.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [19F] have a massive crush on an older guy [37M] and my older friend [31F] who used to support me about acting on my feelings for him just started dating him. We’re not talking right now.

quote:

I know what you’re going to say. Yes, I know he’s old and I’m underage. No, there is nothing wrong with crushing on older guys. No, I’m not obsessed with him either. This guy was hired a month ago. He’s pretty new when it comes to getting things done efficiently but is definitely smarter than the other newbies at work. He’s single, lives alone and was a manager at a retail store. He switched jobs to experience a different environment, but we secretly think it’s because we have a promising salary. From the reputation of the store he used to work at, the higher management kind of sucked over there. So yeah. You can tell by now that I like hanging out with older people. My friend is at her 30s and is really nice. She has a car and will sometimes pass by my apartment to pick me up so we can go to work together. We’ve been friends for almost two years and we never really had any major fights in the past. She’s been very supportive about everything, so when I told her about the new guy she started teasing me every time he passed by and asked for help. I was pretty sure he already knew about it and would always shrug it off whenever other people would tease us both. I wasn’t aware of what happened but after a week my friend started talking less about him and two days ago I just saw her change her relationship status on Facebook. With the guy.

Dude. What.

Fast forward I didn’t talk to her the whole day yesterday and she seemed to avoid me too. Today we haven’t talked all day either and I’m still pretty pissed off. I blocked her on all social media sites and I deleted her pictures on my phone. I actually really like the guy but it’s not even the fact that she actually ruined my chance with him. It’s her hiding things from me like a kid and not even feel sorry about it. I would’ve understood if she told me ‘yeah, i like that guy too’. It would be awkward but at least I would know my place and back off. After all, they look good together and the age gap is more acceptable. She should’ve respected what I felt as a friend.

TL;DR: I like an older guy and told my older friend about it. She teased me for several weeks and ended up dating him behind my back. We’re not talking anymore

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ah yes. I Remember the PSAs from the 80's.

"Just say 'NO' to dilDO!"

Dildo:Not even once.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh hey another one:
My Husband[26 M] has recently started kissing, playing with, and groping another girl... in Virtual Reality. I [24 F] can't tell if he's cheating or not.

quote:

My husband recently been playing a game called VR Chat, and he's been having a blast with it. But I came home today and saw him hanging out with another girl in the game. I saw the gameplay on the screen, and he didn't notice I was there but I saw him kissing the girl and doing things that looked like he was groping her. I heard him say things like "Kanna, I want you to suck me off hard babe." and I just got disgusted and left. The girl he was talking to looked like she was 10.

I don't think he noticed. I haven't said anything to him since then, and I just feel really weirded out, and he's been walking around like nothing happened, and I don't know what to do.

Throwaway because he knows my reddit account.

tl;dr: I can't tell if he's cheating on me with a girl through VR. Should I confront him about this or is this normal?

:stare:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Our son's teacher [30s?F] told our son [5M] that the nickname my wife [33F] and I [27M] gave him is "Offensive." Is she right?

loving do it. loving report "They call their kid Daffy Doug when they are playing around and watching cartoons" to CPS. The social workers there need a good laugh.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's weird the anti teacher sentiment. If she's noticing that the kid is being affected by the nickname and kids already look for any reason to start picking each other apart, why not consider changing it

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Bored posted:

Ah yes. I Remember the PSAs from the 80's.

"Just say 'NO' to dilDO!"

Dildo:Not even once.

Dildon’t

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh hey another one:
My Husband[26 M] has recently started kissing, playing with, and groping another girl... in Virtual Reality. I [24 F] can't tell if he's cheating or not.

That post was short, but one hell of a ride. :stonk:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's weird the anti teacher sentiment. If she's noticing that the kid is being affected by the nickname and kids already look for any reason to start picking each other apart, why not consider changing it

Based on what we see in the post, it doesn't look like the kids are making fun of him?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh hey another one:

You know the title promised a thrill ride but it turns out I wasnt ready for the 250 foot sheer drop propelling the roller coaster to over 70 miles an hour in less than 4 seconds giving me the white knuckle ride of a lifetime on Six Flags newest attraction, The Molestor

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 25, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Read the post.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Bogus Adventure posted:

Based on what we see in the post, it doesn't look like the kids are making fun of him?

Yeah it's not stated in the reddit post, my point being if the kid's nickname is daffy and they start using it in class, it's pretty likely going to be a thing with the kids too. The teacher's reasoning has to do with their own reasons for finding it offensive, I have a feeling it's going to be a nickname that draws a lot of poo poo even if they let it slide.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bust Rodd posted:

Ending a relationship at Burning Man owns. At first it seemed traumatic, but you can bounce back and be hooking up with someone literally 10 minutes later.

That idiot ended his relationship when he left during a highly stressful time. Seriously what a loving moron.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yeah it's not stated in the reddit post, my point being if the kid's nickname is daffy and they start using it in class, it's pretty likely going to be a thing with the kids too. The teacher's reasoning has to do with their own reasons for finding it offensive, I have a feeling it's going to be a nickname that draws a lot of poo poo even if they let it slide.

Son, you're not allowed to use this nickname you are perfectly fine with and don't mind. You must use your exact name. I know your classmates are called "Bob the Builder" and "Dora the Explorer", but your nickname is not allowed.

"This is fine," -Ham "Always Wrong" Sandwiches

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh hey another one:

I choose to believe that this woman doesn't even like the guy, but she's jumping in front of the bullet to spare the teenager. Would that we all had such courage.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's ham sandwiches, guys

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Midnight Voyager posted:

Son, you're not allowed to use this nickname you are perfectly fine with and don't mind. You must use your exact name. I know your classmates are called "Bob the Builder" and "Dora the Explorer", but your nickname is not allowed.

"This is fine," -Ham "Always Wrong" Sandwiches

It's weird how you can't chime in on this story without first lecturing me to read the post, then calling me always wrong, like is it really that hard to limit yourself to the content of a reddit post, or are you personally offended that I have different opinions than you

The guy who reads the reddit relationships threads incensed that everyone isn't agreeing with him lmao gently caress off

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh hey another one:

Is it on Twitter, the "men posting in r/relationships ask 'my girlfriend doesn't want to do anal, is that a dealbreaker?', women posting in r/relationships is, 'my boyfriend is a great guy and i love him so much apart from the small fact that he's a pedo'" observation?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The other participant is her husband’s co-worker Carl. Carl lost the office World Cup pool, so it’s his turn in the barrel this month.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I choose to believe that this woman doesn't even like the guy, but she's jumping in front of the bullet to spare the teenager. Would that we all had such courage.

I think you meant to quote the other one I posted, but I agree with you.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

LOL!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think you meant to quote the other one I posted, but I agree with you.

whoops lol. okay pretend that i was referring to a self aware VR robot trying to stop the guy from creeping on teenagers

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

whoops lol. okay pretend that i was referring to a self aware VR robot trying to stop the guy from creeping on teenagers

10 year olds :stare:

She had to use a throw away? Like is this so common he wouldn’t recognize the similarities if he read it?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's weird how you can't chime in on this story without first lecturing me to read the post, then calling me always wrong, like is it really that hard to limit yourself to the content of a reddit post, or are you personally offended that I have different opinions than you

The guy who reads the reddit relationships threads incensed that everyone isn't agreeing with him lmao gently caress off

You’re making poo poo up and hypotheticals that weren’t even brought up by the op. Let it go. And don’t be an rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

shut up daffy