Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

thomawesome posted:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/3544768239.html
Also, I love how they post a picture of what it should look like new, but won't post what shape theirs is in, or mention it.

The speedometer is what makes the picture series. Bizarro 80's RV universe, here we come!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
eBay gold:

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/04/impressive-euro-1984-bmw-m635csi/

If I didn't have my M3 right now I would be hitting "Buy It Now" and purchasing a one-way ticket to Georgetown, TX.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

thomawesome posted:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/3544768239.html

Electric bar that automatically measures out shots for you?

Also, I love how they post a picture of what it should look like new, but won't post what shape theirs is in, or mention it.

I would not want to go through that thing with a UV lamp.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Actual, gold.

'91 4runner manual 3.4L swap, other mods of questionable necessity and taste, $5k.

So. Much. Want.

quote:

1991 Toyota 4Runner 150,000 miles Has $5,000 motor swap changing it from the 3.0 to the newer 3.4 motor. Motor has about 65,000 miles on it came out of a 2000 Tacoma. Cold Air Intake. Manual trans. Upgraded front hubs from full time locked to manual locking which helps for better gas mileage. Airbags in the rear.17" helo max black and silver wheels with bfg all terrains and matching spare. Custom exhaust with Magnaflow muffler. No rust which is a miracle for these toyota's. sunroof , stereo with 8" subs. Ac Blows cold everything works
Great deal for this truck with all these upgrades.
Asking $5,000 OBO

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I thought they meant the GM 3.4l OHV V6. That sure would have been something.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Kenshin posted:

eBay gold:

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/04/impressive-euro-1984-bmw-m635csi/

If I didn't have my M3 right now I would be hitting "Buy It Now" and purchasing a one-way ticket to Georgetown, TX.

As much as I have a hard on for those things, reliability isn't strong point. The rebuild look amazing, but the electronics are what you will have to fear. My neighbor has been through 3 ECUs in the last 5 years.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

I am going to test drive and look over the 83 300Sd tomorrow. The guy said the vacuum system was solid and the injector hoses had a small leak as well as the flashers not working. anything specific I need to look out for?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm trying to find reasons to not drain the savings account and fly across the country to buy this.

I'm not doing too well.

Please tell me your the reason the CL add says pending sale, because I am tempted to fly out and road trip back to seattle with it. I want a v8 volvo sooo bad.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Negromancer posted:

Please tell me your the reason the CL add says pending sale, because I am tempted to fly out and road trip back to seattle with it. I want a v8 volvo sooo bad.
If you bring it back to Seattle I would love to see it in person.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
240sx, 1989 - $3500 (corsicana area)

quote:

Well, the times are tough bug has struck again...lol I have a 1989 240sx for sale that was going to be used in both Drift and Drag racing. I have over $4000 invested. The car is a 9 out of a 10 in condition. The engine is a 1969 chevelle 307 that I bought from a drag chevy S-10 truck that lost control at the drag strip and hit the wall and rolled.. The tranny is a new rebuilt 2 speed power glide. ($1000). This car is not finished. For a good mechanic it would take maybe two weekends to complete.

What needs to be finished:

The engine motormount is a straight plate that bolts on to the front of the engine and then bolts to brackets mounted on the frame. Needs completing.

The custom drive shaft needs finished

It needs a starter.

needs a battery

needs exhaust from shorty header out the back ( I was only going to use glass packs with turned down tips)

Edlebrock carb may need rebuilding since it hasn't been run yet.

If interested please send me your offer, but low ballers won't be entertained. SORRY NO TRADES

The car was going to be used in the "Beat The Heat" safe driving program and if you do the same the police lights will go with the car.

Before you get too excited those are not turbos and the car is far from complete enough to drive around and look stupid.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I don't think the E36 ever came in AWD, let alone a 318i.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3601166457.html

Let alone its a pretty ratty 318i and the price is high. But it has "new motor" and a bunch of other crap that is "new"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3581964680.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
This literally hurt my brain. Then I laughed.
Thank you.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I posted that a bunch of pages back, that car has been for sale for a long time. Wonder why.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

When winter comes, you can fold it up for easy storage.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Citycop posted:

240sx, 1989 - $3500 (corsicana area)

Before you get too excited those are not turbos and the car is far from complete enough to drive around and look stupid.
This seems like an amazing way to go to prison.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

leica posted:

I posted that a bunch of pages back, that car has been for sale for a long time. Wonder why.

The latest link appears to be from Best-of-Craigslist, so it's probably not still for sale... right?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Harmburger posted:

I am going to test drive and look over the 83 300Sd tomorrow. The guy said the vacuum system was solid and the injector hoses had a small leak as well as the flashers not working. anything specific I need to look out for?

Injector hoses? The lines from the injection pump to the injectors in the head are solid. They sometimes leak at the fittings and sometimes at the injection pump, but that's usually a sign they are loose and just need tightening. A leak here might be a bitch to deal with if it's not a loose fitting.

There are also little rubber return lines linking each injector to each other, they are low pressure and take excess fuel back to the lift pump. If they leak it can be fixe for under $15. Just buy a couple of feet of the appropriate hose and cut to length.

The flashers usually quit working because the emergency flasher switch gets gummed up. Just remove it, carefully disassemble, clean out and put it back together. You'll note it has bearings inside. They really don't need grease though.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

This looks surprisingly well done (from the pics at least). It's like a full-size golf cart.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So for a while now I've been wanting a big ol' Chevy truck, specifically, a 6400, and what I do see on Ebay today?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6400-/321067953509?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619&forcev4exp=true

$200, it's in terrible shape, I have no place or all of the proper tools to work on it, and no way to tow it. Yet, I'm more than ready to jump in my Jeep and drive up to South Carolina.

koollook124
Jan 15, 2008
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/3588390635.html

Even with the issues the OP has listed and the tasteless mods, this might be actual gold in my area for this car. People just seem to think these cars are worth a fortune in poo poo condition in CNY.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Land-Rov...S:B:SHOP:AU:101

eBay auction posted:

No reserve starting at $0.99
1998 Land Rover Discovery 4WD Diesel

Has engine issues will start, run and drive but not running well - strange sounds coming from engine, possibly a dropped cylinder or 2. Requires attention. Suit restoration.

Has some rust in drivers side sill and interior as per photos. Seats and interior in good condition for age of the vehicle. Electrics are working. Missing speakers for stereo.

Drivers door side panel has been removed,but will be supplied with vehicle.

It's on $202.50 currently. Is it gold or kryptonite? I don't know poo poo about Land Rover diesels.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
IIRC, it's got some stupid cyclonic fuel filter which routinely fills the fuel system with molten plastic.

For $200, it might be worth it for the scrap value of the steel.

e: I not recall correctly; if it's an early 5 cylinder it may be a bit tempremental but you could replace it with another mill easily enough.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 9, 2013

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Falkenbok posted:

IIRC, it's got some stupid cyclonic fuel filter which routinely fills the fuel system with molten plastic.

For $200, it might be worth it for the scrap value of the steel.

It's about 300km away from me, and if it were no good it'd be another 100km to the scrap metal place. Trailer hire both times so definitely not worth the trip if it was scrap. I do like diesels but I don't like broken diesels at all.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This seems like it would probably drive like poo poo and be remarkably not-that-fast, and yet, still kinda worth it.

The Big Jesus posted:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/3569576322.html

1979 Datsun 280ZX - $2600 (Atlanta)

Oh god I promised myself I would wait until I got a house with a garage to work on a project but I don't know if I can do it.

You'll be working on it all right, but that's because the ignition is poo poo and the fuel injection is even worse. It's got a loving rat's nest from hell under there that has a million points where fuel or vacuum can and will leak. Oh, and it makes about as much power as a 1.8L Miata. A 280ZX is only worth it if you for some reason prefer the body styling to the earlier Z-cars, or you are planning some form of crazy rear end engine build/swap that ditches the stock fuel and spark, but you're too lazy to swap the better brakes / rear end into an early Z.

Citycop posted:

I would also reiterate that these are everywhere and when you want to sell it your going to want it to be a short bed. The manual brakes are going to give you a workout and potentially even be a safety point at some junction if you forget to leave room for stopping.

On top of this, as a '69 it's got four wheel drum brakes. If you do get it, either leave enough room in front of you for an aircraft carrier, or plan on a front disc and power booster swap.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

This seems like it would probably drive like poo poo and be remarkably not-that-fast, and yet, still kinda worth it.

But, but, but, it was in a hot rod magazine in the early 90s! That totally adds value!
In all seriousness I wonder what has happened to a lot of those 80s/90s era magazine cars. Do they ever get driven? Have they been repainted? Or are they just sitting in some garage rotting away? (It's probably the later.)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

G-Mach posted:

But, but, but, it was in a hot rod magazine in the early 90s! That totally adds value!
In all seriousness I wonder what has happened to a lot of those 80s/90s era magazine cars. Do they ever get driven? Have they been repainted? Or are they just sitting in some garage rotting away? (It's probably the later.)

I see a good portion of them every year at the Woodward Dream Cruise :v:. The owners are older and don't give as many shits about magazine entries.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
1979 Lincoln Mark V Classic Car - $18500

Howabout almost twenty grand, in cash, for a huge old Lincoln with no power?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Sir Tonk posted:

1979 Lincoln Mark V Classic Car - $18500

Howabout almost twenty grand, in cash, for a huge old Lincoln with no power?

That interior looks like poo poo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2-vehicles-for-sale-cheap-W0QQAdIdZ453248705

Lazy guy can't be bothered to even check the year of the car.

quote:

I have a 1992ish (can't exactly remember year) Mazda rx-7. Put a new engine in last summer (700$) but the injectors do not work now, so I have lost interest and would like to sell to someone who wants to invest the time, very fun car when running. 500$

I also have a 1992 GMC Sierra 1500 that has spun a connecting rod bearing and I don't have the time to repair it. It's a 5.7l (350) and the drive train is all in good condition, has the usual GM rust. 350$

:effort:

Both might actually be a good deal.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
1992 was the first year of the FD so the RX-7 is probably from before 1992. :effort:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Fucknag posted:

Hell, even some domestics weren't immune:

A Cosworth Foxbody?! Thats the hottest thing I have ever seen.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Preoptopus posted:

A Cosworth Foxbody?!

Yeah, no. 2.3 turbo again.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
gently caress :smith:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Preoptopus posted:

A Cosworth Foxbody?! Thats the hottest thing I have ever seen.

I hope that's sarcasm. It looks like one of the cars I used to assemble out of leftover bits from other model cars.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

slidebite posted:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2-vehicles-for-sale-cheap-W0QQAdIdZ453248705

Lazy guy can't be bothered to even check the year of the car.

:effort:

Both might actually be a good deal.

That's an early second-gen (series 4, 1986-88). It is the absolute most basic model you could buy, down to the 4-lug wheels. No power and poor brakes. Basically a V6 Mustang RX-7

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So I went ahead and bought one of the Mark VII's around town. After owning an '89 Mustang for almost fifteen years, I've got a bit of experience with the fox body, but this is a totally different monster. I'm amazed at how well it handles and how many buttons are on the dash.

It was from the original owner, well this guy bought it from him a few months ago and is forced to sell it due to unforeseen circumstance, but it was owned by the same guy its whole life and was garaged almost all the time. Paint looks amazing and the interior is about as good as I could hope for with a car this old (slight tear and wear in driver's seat). Everything works except the cruise control and... that's about it. Air suspension is functioning as expected and the AOD appears to be doing fine for 160k miles. Only real trouble is that the AC was never converted to r134 and they didn't keep any maintenance records/receipts.

And it's in the ideal 80's color for a luxury car, grey.

edit, buttons.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 10, 2013

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Needs more buttons.... you can never have enough to push!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'll see your buttons and raise you a few :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Sir Tonk posted:

Only real trouble is that the AC was never converted to r134

That's a feature. It means your AC will actually cool when you aren't doing more then 35 MPH.

R12 isn't THAT expensive if you buy it as you find it (on eBay and CL). I converted my Porsche BACK to R12 so it would cool properly. And now it's gloriously cold as I drive around punching holes in the ozone.