Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So then, raising corporate taxes would successfully entice them to remain in country, despite the fact that even with this relatively low corporate tax rate you still see outsourcing going on at increasing volumes?

maybe the corporate tax rate on profits has gently caress-all to do with 'out-sourcing' and is rather an inevitable outcome of economic globalization where there are no controls on capital.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

empty whippet box posted:

man he looks shittier and shittier every time I see him.

Why do you have a portrait of Steve Bannon in your bedroom?

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

lol jeff sessions

hey idiot if lie detectors were actually 100% reliable we wouldnt have lawyers and courts

He knows they don't work, it doesn't matter.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

....wait, he's another fishmech alt?

Nah, fishmech's posts are sincere.

And not as bad.

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe
I still can't get over the part where he said that mass production was something that ought to be eliminated.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

If Trump actually wanted DACA he could have just not killed it. You do understand that, right?

Exactly. This was a decision that Trump made of his own volition. There was no previous deadline or anything of the sort that I'm aware that absolutely FORCED him to act on it.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

evilweasel posted:

fishmech is way smarter than he is

stone cold posted:

fishmech isn't a raging bigot

Ugh. Look, I was just trying to make a joke. But now that the (((tolerant left))) is making fun of me for my attempts, I guess I have no choice but to become racist not racist, but have you noticed how these rootless cosmopolitan elites are trying to censor my video games and give our women away to the teeming hordes of foreign invaders?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

sudo rm -rf posted:

maybe the corporate tax rate on profits has gently caress-all to do with 'out-sourcing' and is rather an inevitable outcome of economic globalization where there are no controls on capital.

its not some natural function of globalization that there are no controls on capital. we just need to stop recognizing tax havens and agree with other developed nations on an effective capital control regime. if someone claims to be controlled by an offshore company in barbados, i guess that they're now the property of the state!

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

QuarkJets posted:

If Trump actually wanted DACA he could have just not killed it. You do understand that, right?

look man, it was 'legally questionable'. he had no choice but to gently caress over hundreds of thousands of people.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Like, scream about racism until you are blue in the face, but Trump's most racist policies, enforcing strict immigration laws and ending DACA, have resulted in a lot of good things.

I agree that Trump's racist policies ain't that bad, in my opinion. Not racist though.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

evilweasel posted:

its not some natural function of globalization that there are no controls on capital. we just need to stop recognizing tax havens and agree with other developed nations on an effective capital control regime. if someone claims to be controlled by an offshore company in barbados, i guess that they're now the property of the state!

i know, which is why lack of capital controls was a qualifier.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

look man, it was 'legally questionable'. he had no choice but to gently caress over hundreds of thousands of people.

he only passed it out of spite, too

spitefully refusing to deport hundreds of thousands of people who committed no crime

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

No, you're defending overtly racist things. They are very obviously racist, and you know it. You're just too chickenshit to admit that your actual motivation for arguing these things is either that you're just a bad faith troll or you're a nazi sympathizer. You're falling back to arguments like 'oooooh is that all you got, calling me a RACIST :smug: ' when you are in fact being incredibly racist. gently caress you, gently caress off. I see racism in everything you're saying because everything you are saying is racist you dumb loving piece of dog poo poo

Trump tweeting ONE SINGLE TIME about 'legalizing' daca does not undo literal months of him campaigning on deporting brown people. It doesn't undo his actions on immigration which have been devastating to immigrant communities already. gently caress you for defending it.

Argue all you want that Trump somehow won on the backs of an apparently massive amount of white supremacy; that didn't work this past election, but I guess if you keep insisting people you disagree with are Nazi sympathizers, the I dunno what to tell you. I can't really understand what possible definition of racist you're using here; if you are saying that any policy short of open borders is racist, then there's no possible middle ground to be made. If you're saying it is racist to deport people who are living in this country as undocumented immigrants, then I also think that's also a hard position to meet with.

If you have a country which has a division between legal and illegal immigrants, then should it not enforce that division? Do you think it's fair to the legal immigrants, who paid money, studied hard and had to do a number of rather obnoxiously difficult things to get their legal status, to just say "oh, but the ones who didn't do that also get a pass"? Like I've lived in predominantly Hispanic areas, I've spoken with people whose grandparents came from Mexico and they're downright hostile and hateful towards illegal immigrants; they seem them as lazy and workshy and all sorts of awful things. Are they racist as well? Is it fundamentally racist to even make a law pertaining to immigration? How's that line drawn?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This also seems like a case of someone starting off with the belief that they are not racist, therefore nothing they say or believe could ever be racist, because they are not racist.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So then, raising corporate taxes would successfully entice them to remain in country, despite the fact that even with this relatively low corporate tax rate you still see outsourcing going on at increasing volumes?

Racing to the bottom against outsourcing/automation by dropping corporate tax rates/deporting immigrants/cutting social programs/lowering the minimum wages/eliminating regulations/destroying environmental protections is literally a battle you will never win... while hurting labor, the environment and people in general in the process. The only answers are to tax hard, negotiate en masse for certain goods, nationalize key industries/services and eventually turn the means of production over to the citizens.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

boner confessor posted:

he only passed it out of spite, too

spitefully refusing to deport hundreds of thousands of people who committed no crime

*in extremely 8-bit voice* well how can you prove it was out of spite it might just have been out of a sincere belief that mexicans are inferior, scientifically speaking, and genetically prone to crimes

huh 8-bit voice sounds a lot like jeff sessions

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If you have a country which has a division between legal and illegal immigrants, then should it not enforce that division?

No.

This isn't hard.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Paracaidas posted:

Ugh. Look, I was just trying to make a joke. But now that the (((tolerant left))) is making fun of me for my attempts, I guess I have no choice but to become racist not racist, but have you noticed how these rootless cosmopolitan elites are trying to censor my video games and give our women away to the teeming hordes of foreign invaders?

needs more zazz

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

This also seems like a case of someone starting off with the belief that they are not racist, therefore nothing they say or believe could ever be racist, because they are not racist.

yes, and also you only call him a racist because you disagree with him and not because he keeps saying racist things. he has no actual agency, he is just a posting spectre who wanders through the forums and is called racist at every turn through no fault of his own. he simultaneously wishes to express to us the power of his ideas while also knowing it is pointless because we are all lost causes who cannot be reached by logic or reason. it's a tragic tale

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Argue all you want that Trump somehow won on the backs of an apparently massive amount of white supremacy; that didn't work this past election, but I guess if you keep insisting people you disagree with are Nazi sympathizers, the I dunno what to tell you. I can't really understand what possible definition of racist you're using here; if you are saying that any policy short of open borders is racist, then there's no possible middle ground to be made. If you're saying it is racist to deport people who are living in this country as undocumented immigrants, then I also think that's also a hard position to meet with.

If you have a country which has a division between legal and illegal immigrants, then should it not enforce that division? Do you think it's fair to the legal immigrants, who paid money, studied hard and had to do a number of rather obnoxiously difficult things to get their legal status, to just say "oh, but the ones who didn't do that also get a pass"? Like I've lived in predominantly Hispanic areas, I've spoken with people whose grandparents came from Mexico and they're downright hostile and hateful towards illegal immigrants; they seem them as lazy and workshy and all sorts of awful things. Are they racist as well? Is it fundamentally racist to even make a law pertaining to immigration? How's that line drawn?

Are some of your best friends Hispanic?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPXHRX8Q2hs

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

8-Bit Scholar posted:

"im not racist! im not racist!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into jeff sessions

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

8-Bit Scholar posted:

why were 'whiteness' and racial resentment one of the strongest indicators of support for donald trump?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Lol the easiest way to get a green card is to be related to a US citizen. It was put in '65 because a points system would make 90% white America brown too quickly and family unification would theoretically preserve the white majority forever.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Racial animus was literally the strongest motivator for voting trump.

And yes, anything short of open borders is racist. Whites enjoyed open borders for their own people for centuries before slamming the door shut on the Chinese in 1882 and the rest of the non-european world in 1924. It wasn't until 1965 that they abolished national origins quotas.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You're a nazi sympathizer because you're currently here championing the same cause as the nazis. You want them to do what they want to do, you just claim to have benevolent reasons for them wanting to do it. No poo poo you don't understand what the definition of racist is, you obviously don't understand much of anything.

And of course you brought out the '[x minority] said the same thing I said, that means it's not racist' play. Of course you did. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you also think that because there are some black people that wave confederate flags around, that that means the confederate flag isn't racist.

also yes, immigration laws are by definition racist.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

These arguments mirror those made by anti-abolitionists in the 19th century: that abolishing slavery would be unfair to the already-freed slaves who had to work tirelessly to escape their former conditions.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Young Freud posted:

Man, that's too expensive. Instead, I'd round them up, put them on container ships, which I would then ram into the Siberian coast of Russia. If Papa Putin wants to support them, he can do it in his own loving country.

I'd dub it the "Walk A Thousand Miles In Their Shoes: A Concrete Lesson In Empathy For Refugees and Immigrants" Act

Wouldn't that just actually do Putin a solid and give him PR of taking in terrible refugees and have enough morons they can overwork/rob/lock in gulag that will offset their shrinking population for maybe a year or two?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I know you're not posting in good faith but: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/10/the-first-white-president-ta-nehisi-coates/537909/ Get yourself some educating.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

stone cold posted:

needs more zazz

HOW DARE YOU HECKLE ME, A WHITE MAN?

ohshitohshitohshitohshit

I'd like to apologize. While in a heated gaming moment....

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You're a nazi sympathizer because you're currently here championing the same cause as the nazis. You want them to do what they want to do, you just claim to have benevolent reasons for them wanting to do it. No poo poo you don't understand what the definition of racist is, you obviously don't understand much of anything.

And of course you brought out the '[x minority] said the same thing I said, that means it's not racist' play. Of course you did.

also yes, immigration laws are by definition racist.

He never called people niggers and he uses big words like he does on /r/asktrumpsupporters. You're the real bigot, bigot!!!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Paracaidas posted:

HOW DARE YOU HECKLE ME, A WHITE MAN?

ohshitohshitohshitohshit

I'd like to apologize. While in a heated gaming moment....

your impression needs just a bit more workshopping bucko, i really need to feel more contempt for the character

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

QuarkJets posted:

These arguments mirror those made by anti-abolitionists in the 19th century: that abolishing slavery would be unfair to the already-freed slaves who had to work tirelessly to escape their former conditions.

it even undercuts the 'they have to get in the back of the line' argument you often hear. recognizing the disparity in costs for legal immigration makes it simply impossible for the kind of people that are literally jumping the border. the bottom line is that there is no line, the vast majority of illegal immigrants have no legal path to citizenship, period.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

. I can't really understand what possible definition of racist you're using here; if you are saying that any policy short of open borders is racist, then there's no possible middle ground to be made.

How does "hey, let's not deport innocent children to a country they don't even remember" sound like "OPEN BORDERS OR NOTHING!" to you?

quote:

If you're saying it is racist to deport people who are living in this country as undocumented immigrants, then I also think that's also a hard position to meet with.

It IS racist if the people who are being deported are of almost entirely one race/ethnicity.

quote:

If you have a country which has a division between legal and illegal immigrants, then should it not enforce that division?

Not if it means we waste resources to go after people who are otherwise not causing any harm to society.

quote:

Do you think it's fair to the legal immigrants, who paid money, studied hard and had to do a number of rather obnoxiously difficult things to get their legal status, to just say "oh, but the ones who didn't do that also get a pass"?

As someone who is a legalized immigrant (but not a citizen), I don't mind this at all.

quote:

Like I've lived in predominantly Hispanic areas, I've spoken with people whose grandparents came from Mexico and they're downright hostile and hateful towards illegal immigrants; they seem them as lazy and workshy and all sorts of awful things. Are they racist as well?

Yes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Can we please stop talking to and about 8bs and talk about, say, the whole Florida hurricane thing?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sudo rm -rf posted:

it even undercuts the 'they have to get in the back of the line' argument you often hear. recognizing the disparity in costs for legal immigration makes it simply impossible for the kind of people that are literally jumping the border. the bottom line is that there is no line, the vast majority of illegal immigrants have no legal path to citizenship, period.

It's almost as though... libertarians don't respect facts and just make poo poo up on the fly?

William Contraalto
Aug 23, 2017

by Smythe
Look, I've known a lot of Republicans that have told me, in the utmost confidence, that they enjoy having their tires slashed and their houses broken into.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hello. i can mod the forum again. stay on topic or get probated big time.

i am also sanctioning the creation of a new uspol thread. whoever wants to can make an op and post the thing and that'll be our new wild west catchall for dumb bullshit happening in the united states. make trump-related posts in the trump thread. stop being derailing dipshits in any thread. thank you

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
look, i've lived in predominantly republican areas and i've spoken to people who eat poo poo for dinner. they cook turds in the oven and mash the turds together and just go to town like starving hogs. it's horrifying. anyway, are you telling me they are wrong to vote for donald trump?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

R. Guyovich posted:

i am also sanctioning the creation of a new uspol thread. whoever wants to can make an op and post the thing and that'll be our new wild west catchall for dumb bullshit happening in the united states. make trump-related posts in the trump thread. stop being derailing dipshits in any thread. thank you

hell yeah uspol is back baby

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
e: ugh, mods and masters have returned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

For a Stalinist, you're really lax about this whole command economy moderating thing. :p

• Locked thread