Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The problem with the fake blood is that you're asking people who live make believe lives to make believe in the same way you do. i bet someone who thinks they're a vampire is pretty resistant to outside change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010

Phanatic posted:

This guy wants people to pay for his moving expenses to Portland and they get mad and then he gets upset:

http://www.gofundme.com/fuzt6zgk

loving white people - a white dude.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Deathface posted:

loving white people - a white dude.

did he pay milllions of dollars into a game that will never come out?
No?
Then he has some room to laugh

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I think the Star Citizen thread is over in Games or YOSPOS.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Wedemeyer posted:

The face of a vampire who's going to stir some corn syrup for you.

I’m a vampire, and I breathe clouds suck robodick.

He could do with being in his coffin more and :airquote:feeding:airquote: less.

Is it weird that these assholes are starting to make normal cigarette smokers look cooler? They were sort of going out of style, with health awareness at an all time high. But with these dumb kids huffing glycerol it makes me want to take up smoking tobacco just to blow it in their fat faces.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't go in the sun ever -> I'm a vampire

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Phanatic posted:

This guy wants people to pay for his moving expenses to Portland and they get mad and then he gets upset:

http://www.gofundme.com/fuzt6zgk

Indiegogo is usually chock full of people begging for help to move to a better place or just move away from a lovely place which is loving up their health. Quite often they're desperate and have run out of options and the difference from this guy is that they haven't arranged for family and friends to help them out and they often end up with zero pledges. It's the saddest, most pathetic thing.

There's also always a bunch of people begging for money so they can afford a medical procedure for themselves, or a medical procedure for their pet so they can save its life and not have to put it down.

I'd go find a few examples but scrolling through dozens and dozens of those projects is really depressing. :smith:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Indiegogo is usually chock full of people begging for help to move to a better place or just move away from a lovely place which is loving up their health. Quite often they're desperate and have run out of options and the difference from this guy is that they haven't arranged for family and friends to help them out and they often end up with zero pledges. It's the saddest, most pathetic thing.

The good thing about that is that it seems like friends and co-workers of his family are making donations, as well. It's one of those things were a family member can share that link among their own social media and have someone drop a spare $5 or $10 to help out someone's nephew in a time of need.

There's also always a bunch of people begging for money so they can afford a medical procedure for themselves, or a medical procedure for their pet so they can save its life and not have to put it down.

I'd go find a few examples but scrolling through dozens and dozens of those projects is really depressing. :smith:

I know of two people who have used crowdfunding for medical expenses and recovery from bouts of cancer. I pretty sure that GoFundMe was founded for reasons like that, since it seems less like "fund this hot new product" and more "I need help getting through this emergency".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Young Freud posted:

I know of two people who have used crowdfunding for medical expenses and recovery from bouts of cancer. I pretty sure that GoFundMe was founded for reasons like that, since it seems less like "fund this hot new product" and more "I need help getting through this emergency".

Yeah I've got an artist friend who had pretty much all her art supplies stolen from her workshop and another friend created a GoFundMe page for her and put it on Facebook and her friends donated thousands of dollars within a few days. For the right people in the right situation it can be a lifesaver.

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/saent-be-less-distracted#/story

If you need an actual physical button sitting beside you that forcibly makes you work instead of just closing facebook yourself, I don't know what to tell you.
And yes, it's flexible funding.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Spinach? Lettuce? gently caress off. Either ante up to some arugula and $8 raw whole grain mustard or just roll around in pig poo poo and diseases like the depraved godless savages you are. Seriously if you aren't a locopaleofreegonomist at this point you might as well knot your intestines into a rope and hang yourself with them. Locopaleofreegonomy is the ONLY way to prevent overpopulation while also increasing lateral access to self-actualizing "heal-thoughts" which will help save us from another dull-rear end tangent about fuckin' hamburgers.

Don't even get me STARTED on people who don't bake their own buns. You get pre-packaged rolls from the grocery store? That's child abuse. Your children should be taken from you and launched into space so they at least have a fighting chance. You can bootstrap oxygen out of a diaper and some sponges, astronauts do it all the time, but gluten? Gluten is a class 3 hypoglycemix intoxicator. You might as well stuff your child's prefrontal cortex into a blender, because that's what gluten does to our precious angelic children. I am literally shaking with rage when I read about how you goons treat your bodies, and the bodies of your children.

Now, have any of you heard about this website Kickstarter? I'm releasing a how-to book on Locopaleofreegonomy if you, like me, want to join the Elect:

[urlhttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69...420/locogangamstyle?gently caress=off_with_burgerchat_you_nerds[/url]

This is from pages and pages back but I'm catching up and this is fantastic.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ce gars posted:

If you need an actual physical button sitting beside you that forcibly makes you work instead of just closing facebook yourself, I don't know what to tell you.
Even better, there's a "premium" subscription version but they haven't actually figured out what they're going to remove from the free version to make people pay more for their "i'm a giant baby who can't pay attention unless you give me achievements" button.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ce gars posted:

"Lock yourself out of distractions" applications and products are pretty pointless. You can't force willpower. If someone wants to browse Facebook or whatever and they have this thing on, they will turn it off and browse Facebook. It just adds an extra step to getting TO the distractions, a step which is unnecessary because the only step you should even need in the first place is "just don't go on Facebook".

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

CJacobs posted:

"Lock yourself out of distractions" applications and products are pretty pointless. You can't force willpower. If someone wants to browse Facebook or whatever and they have this thing on, they will turn it off and browse Facebook. It just adds an extra step to getting TO the distractions, a step which is unnecessary because the only step you should even need in the first place is "just don't go on Facebook".

Eh, when I was coming off of a 6 month vacation and starting work on my resumé, I couldn't focus for poo poo.

I used an app called SelfControl for a week or so - it works at a deep enough level in the OS that turning it off is frankly harder than just starting working - and that was the kicker that I needed.

And, as far as 'forcing' willpower, you're wrong. It's like a muscle, it gets better with practice. When you're first really starting to build discipline, tools to help make it stronger are useful and helpful, unlike your posting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with tools to help build better habits. The thing is most of those are simple and cheap, and just making yourself use them is the big hurdle. It's not something that requires any particularly fancy products.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

ce gars posted:

The idea behind this is OK but yeah gently caress them for making money out of something that already exists for free:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/strict-workflow/cgmnfnmlficgeijcalkgnnkigkefkbhd

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Funnily enough I used to work with a guy who wrote an app to remind himself to *stop* working. It would just shut down his work VPN access for ten minutes every two hours, as well as for a lunch hour and 8 hours sleep. He was a home worker who lived on his own and loved his job so much that I don't think we'd have had to pay him in anything more than food and shelter. He had on more than one occasion worked himself to the point of collapse and had to be threatened with disciplinary action to make him actually take some time off.

(Then the poor bugger died of a heart attack while on one of those app-enforced breaks :smith:)

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Wedemeyer posted:

The face of a vampire who's going to stir some corn syrup for you.

I’m a vampire, and I breathe clouds.

This guy's strange face shape is very similar to another "internet famous" vampire who got trolled hard a few years back due to his post event psychic predictions (he'd see things that happened in the world then say he predicted them and totally made them happen). Possibly not the guy in question, but if phrenology is a dependable science (and it is) this guy has the correct skull dimension of a loving lunatic vampire. :suspense:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597538543/the-worlds-best-travel-jacket-with-15-features-bau?ref=fundedtoday

lmao it has a drink pocket

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The thing that got me was the inflatable neck pillow.

Oh, and the Blazer model :wtc:

I guess the guy on the left lives in that black-and-white TV infomercial land where nothing ever goes right.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

ah. a rape canteen

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I like how at least 12 of the revolutionary 15 features are latently present in any cheap hoodie.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Why is this even a thing:

quote:

Your zipper is now smart, useful and social. It's a 1 inch pen that extends to 4 inches - great way for making new friends.

"Oh darn I forgot to get my zip...pen back from that nice lady. Guess I'm trapped forever in my hell jacket. At least I have cold soda."

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I would wear that coat.

Edit: to finally be able to live my fantasy of being a square enix character

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
I want a blazer style hoodie, but covered in buckles and weed leaves so I can pretend to be fifteen again.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

prahanormal posted:

I would wear that coat.

Edit: to finally be able to live my fantasy of being a square enix character

Man, it has nowhere near enough zippers and belts for that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

5 million dollars.

Stop this ride I want to get off.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Young Freud posted:

The thing that got me was the inflatable neck pillow.

Oh, and the Blazer model :wtc:

I guess the guy on the left lives in that black-and-white TV infomercial land where nothing ever goes right.

David Lynch looking smug about his pillow blazer

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

5 million dollars.

Stop this ride I want to get off.
Foederatarum Civitatum Americae delenda est.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Looks like one of those smaller airline sodas to me.

I'm surprised they didn't show a large picture with all the pockets utilized and full of poo poo. Instead they just show pictures of people wearing it like a regular (ie; cheap) sweatshirt jacket.

edit: certainly not going to get a goony XXL Double Dew in that thing, that's for sure.

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Aug 17, 2015

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

KiddieGrinder posted:

I'm surprised they didn't show a large picture with all the pockets utilized and full of poo poo. Instead they just show pictures of people wearing it like a regular (ie; cheap) sweatshirt jacket.

edit: certainly not going to get a goony XXL Double Dew in that thing, that's for sure.

Just kickstart a pocket insert to accommodate larger beverages.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm looking for an old-rear end Kickstarter. I think it was made not long after the whole crowdfunding thing got traction. It was made by a guy who had won $50 millions in the lottery and decided to put in 1(?) million towards an MMORPG and wanted another 100 or something from a kickstarter. The game had the usual feature bloat with crafting, raiding, massive world, housing etc etc. Essentially the WoW-killer game we've seen again and again, accompanied by pictures stolen from a game-maker software. The guy's head look like a pear, no joke. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Foxhound posted:

I'm looking for an old-rear end Kickstarter. I think it was made not long after the whole crowdfunding thing got traction. It was made by a guy who had won $50 millions in the lottery and decided to put in 1(?) million towards an MMORPG and wanted another 100 or something from a kickstarter. The game had the usual feature bloat with crafting, raiding, massive world, housing etc etc. Essentially the WoW-killer game we've seen again and again, accompanied by pictures stolen from a game-maker software. The guy's head look like a pear, no joke. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

A pear, you say?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world

I found it by using "hookerbots" as one of my google search terms

Edit: Here is an old thread about that project

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:27 on Aug 17, 2015

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

A pear, you say?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120873716/your-world

I found it by using "hookerbots" as one of my google search terms

I got the numbers wrong, but that's the one yeah. Thanks.

Pear indeed.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poor elf ate too much lembas bread

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

He tried another failed Kickstarter too.

Also the mock-up of blackjack was done by someone who doesn't understand the concept of the game at all.

KiddieGrinder has a new favorite as of 13:09 on Aug 17, 2015

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
"Hit me."

"Sir, you have 29. Everyone has 29!"

"I like to live dangerously."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KiddieGrinder posted:

That just seems like a good way to get soda all over your coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

muscles like this? posted:

That just seems like a good way to get soda all over your coat.

They should have included a holder for a straw (or, even better, one of those TITANIUM straws!)

Or had a straw built in! drat they should hire me.