Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is the second time he's pulled this.

Then again, the press is in full on feeding frenzy mode. We thought there was blood in the water after the Khans, but right now, there's a ship dumping chum in by the dumptruck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

That'll just strengthen his base...

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Upon careful analysis it appears that Don is shook as gently caress

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Spaced God posted:

That'll just strengthen his base...

No.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Why wait until October? To give all of you time to hitch yourselves to the wagon, Ted.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Why would anyone in the Trump campaign think a complete media blackout is a good idea? Like, what on earth would make them think letting everyone else control the narrative is a good idea?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

This loving election.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

David Duke is so excited right now.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FuturePastNow posted:

Why wait until October? To give all of you time to hitch yourselves to the wagon, Ted.

yeah, nbc knew they had it monday, cruz endorsed thursday, wapo leaked friday

:perfect:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Could the Clinton campaign donate the leak fee to whoever leaks this stuff? As a campaign ad or something?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's all going to end like this, right?

"Et tu, Pence?"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This is good for Trump because

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well, harden, at least.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Im having flashbacks to season one of The Apprentice and Omarosa accusing another person of referring to her as such and there was adamant denials all around.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Burnett what? Leak fee? Are they holding it ransom? Who do they expect will pay?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Yes, this is definitely the perfect time to continually antagonize the press.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He picks the worst possible times to piss them off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

yeah, nbc knew they had it monday, cruz endorsed thursday, wapo leaked friday

:perfect:

Cruz endorsed prior to that, but he was campaigning for him on Thursday.

Either way.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Here's my only arzy about tonight. The reluctant Trump endorsers have been predictably wrong and off tempo the entire election. Just watch them all end up on the wrong side of abandonment. Trump wins (the debate, not the election. he's hosed there.) and then they all have to slink back to him miserably.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Trump pre debate prep:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Color Gray posted:

Some of the Twitter links earlier in this thread had "lang=de" ("Language = German") in the URL like this one, and Twitter remembers your language by setting a cookie, so that's why you're seeing every page in German. Using "lang=en" instead will set it back to English. Here's that same link with "lang" changed to "en" that should fix it for you: click me.

:tipshat: all I could think of to try was hl=en

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Mantis42 posted:

Well, harden, at least.

This is more what I meant.
Both ideologically and sexually

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

trash person posted:

Why would anyone in the Trump campaign think a complete media blackout is a good idea? Like, what on earth would make them think letting everyone else control the narrative is a good idea?

Nothing Trump could do or say at a press conference would be spectacular enough to change the narrative, not right now. Trying to defend it at all just makes the hole deeper, and trying to change the topic will just get ignored.

I think the debate actually works in his favor. He will have to confront the question, but at some point hte moderator will be obligated to move on to other topics. Not so for a press feeding frenzy. And there's always a chance that a massive Hillary flub will creating competing narratives, or just that Trump will go full metal WHY IS YOUR HUSBAND SUCH A CHEATER HUH?, which isn't a great narrative for Trump but it's still better than the current one.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sensible Thursday posted:

Burnett what? Leak fee? Are they holding it ransom? Who do they expect will pay?

"Leak fee" probably means the contractual penalty for leaking poo poo.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Does Trump understand that he will not be the next President of the United States? Or does he genuinely believe he still has a chance?

Normal people have no way of knowing what he is thinking, but I'm curious.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Luigi Thirty posted:

Well, it's good for trump because no one is willing to leak it so this can't damage him even more.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Well, harden, at least.

Yeah, if you continue to chop off all the bits that are less hard, whatever's left will be harder I guess.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

In a just world this is the kind of poo poo Wikileaks would go after. But they would happily pay 5 million dollars to delete it forever.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Probably an NDA set up with Trump prior to filming that basically prevents anything that wasn't approved for the final cut from getting out.

That guy is paranoid, remember? To even volunteer for his campaign you have to sign an NDA.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 17, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Nothing Trump could do or say at a press conference would be spectacular enough to change the narrative, not right now. Trying to defend it at all just makes the hole deeper, and trying to change the topic will just get ignored.

I think the debate actually works in his favor. He will have to confront the question, but at some point hte moderator will be obligated to move on to other topics. Not so for a press feeding frenzy. And there's always a chance that a massive Hillary flub will creating competing narratives, or just that Trump will go full metal WHY IS YOUR HUSBAND SUCH A CHEATER HUH?, which isn't a great narrative for Trump but it's still better than the current one.
Going after Hillary for Bill's infidelities is actually a worse narrative, yes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

El Mero Mero posted:

Here's my only arzy about tonight. The reluctant Trump endorsers have been predictably wrong and off tempo the entire election. Just watch them all end up on the wrong side of abandonment. Trump wins (the debate, not the election. he's hosed there.) and then they all have to slink back to him miserably.

They're wrong, possibly, about who runs the party but they were basically never wrong about how hosed he was going to be in the general under real scrutiny. Their more likely miscalculation is that dumping him will end up hurting the GOP more than it helps, not so much that Trump is hosed.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Eschers Basement posted:

Igrab Cuntra Affair

:lol:

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

iospace posted:

Probably an NDA set up with Trump prior to filming that basically prevents anything that wasn't approved for the final cut from getting out.

That guy is paranoid, remember? To even volunteer for his campaign you have to sign an NDA.

Somebody's just gonna leak it anonymously and it'll be good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
My two cents on the hand shake.

Clinton's uses death glare and pre-wins the debate. Note DG might be a massive eye laser. RIP the stuff and buildings behind Donnie. Also Clinton paid the sound people to play the music when Vegeta uses the Final Flash on Cell.

fake edit: Omega Effect and it targets all the GOP. The Kochs live forever on a hypersonic plane followed by a red laser that "taunts" them.

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE

Lid posted:

Im having flashbacks to season one of The Apprentice and Omarosa accusing another person of referring to her as such and there was adamant denials all around.

I believe one of the producers said something along the lines of "Believe me, if that footage existed, we would have shown it". Referring to one of the contestants saying it.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

The fee for breach of contract when you violate the NDA, presumably.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mark Burnett is the producer of The Apprentice. The contracts that the crew signed presumably had a $5 million fine for breaking the NDA, so whoever has the tape won't leak it without $5 million to pay the fine.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

My two cents on the hand shake.

Clinton's uses death glare and pre-wins the debate. Note DG might be a massive eye laser. RIP the stuff and buildings behind Donnie. Also Clinton paid the sound people to play the music when Vegeta uses the Final Flash on Cell.

fake edit: Omega Effect and it targets all the GOP. The Kochs live forever on a hypersonic plane followed by a red laser that "taunts" them.

I uh, hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

sarmhan posted:

Going after Hillary for Bill's infidelities is actually a worse narrative, yes.

It won't even be a separate narrative. It'll just work into the same narrative. "Trump is a woman-hating sex fiend who flails about accusing a woman of her husband's infidelities."

• Locked thread