Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

MightyJoe36 posted:

Don't you mean Mike Pence?

No mention of horses; theory unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Palemdromes posted:

No mention of horses; theory unlikely.

Guess I'm not current on my knowledge of uptight Republicans.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

MightyJoe36 posted:

Guess I'm not current on my knowledge of uptight Republicans.

American vice president Mike Pence fucks and gets hosed by horses.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

tactlessbastard posted:

If you think Mirthless was bad have you got a journey ahead of you

Exciting!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Haifisch posted:

My boyfriend [23m] is a huge stickler for rules and laws. I'm [22f] the opposite

"My boyfriend is a fuckin nerd and I kick rear end, what do I do?"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Business Gorillas posted:

"My boyfriend is a fuckin nerd and I kick rear end, what do I do?"

How do these couples get together is what I don't understand. What is the minimal commonality that they have that starts them dating and keeps them for a length of time?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Let Bruce and Selina live their lives you fucks

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

tactlessbastard posted:

That's normal

It's even expected

So did you read any of this post or did you string a couple words together and jump to a conclusion?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

How do these couples get together is what I don't understand. What is the minimal commonality that they have that starts them dating and keeps them for a length of time?

The dazzling kaleidoscope of mild attraction and the void of loneliness that lurks on the edge of their blinded vision.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

So did you read any of this post or did you string a couple words together and jump to a conclusion?

Don't literacy shame

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chippy posted:

I'm on page 2061 I just found this, and I'm determined to get to the end so I'm posting to say hi to my future self and also to say that Pick owns and I hope she still posts in this thread.

Also stfu Mirthless, Three Olives.

I sure do!

Anyway wow, I wonder how far back that is, time-wise, like 1,500 pages? Eight days? Nine? Crazy.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

quote:

(Other poster),

I wrote a couple of posts describing my life as a child used as a pawn to inflict pain on others and was a witness to both sides. It is common knowledge that grandchildren are usually treated like kings and queens as compared to the upbringing of their parents … it is a fact of life. So if your estranged son wants to deny this relationship, you know exactly what he is. If you need to do something for his children, pray for them because for all of the things he accuses you of, he will be 10 times worse to them!

Family = People who accept you as you are and you matter them. Family is not necessarily relatives.

I don’t buy all your son’s false bravado about protecting his children because the value of family ceases to exist in him. I am afraid that his value is more interested in inflicting pain and knowing that you are suffering. Charles Manson was kinder to his mother.

(Other poster), you do not have to remain in this situation. You can leave his sorry butt behind and your only loss is a poor excuse for a son, which is equal to a gain. I can only thank God almighty that I was spared the gut wrenching pain that you are enduring. I will not miss or long for a grandchild that I do not and will not know.

I am so sorry (Other poster) 🙁

The other poster never said a thing about her child protecting her grandchildren, and in fact made it clear that the adult child she was estranged from was her daughter, so nice reading I guess this was real helpful

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Haifisch posted:

My boyfriend [23m] is a huge stickler for rules and laws. I'm [22f] the opposite

The lady is Socrates and her boyfriend is Hobbes

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

The husband claims there’s no sex happening and no money changing hands and that his friend is a straight sex worker anyway... so why even mention that he’s a sex worker? Hmmmmmmmmmm

I suspect that 'male sex worker who won't have sex with men' is a faaaairly slim demographic tbh

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

feedmegin posted:

I suspect that 'male sex worker who won't have sex with men' is a faaaairly slim demographic tbh

Midnight Cowboy was a pretty depressing movie

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

feedmegin posted:

You mean nonexistent.

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july

Splicer posted:

I screwed up and I'm about to lose everything [NY]

This guy is such an absolute sack of poo poo. I had to go to the post to see if anyone was dunking on his rear end, and get a load of this:

"Don't judge me! I was perfectly happy with the prenup when it was her that was getting screwed over!"

Guy bought his mistress a car. He's more concerned about his mistress losing her car and him losing his money than he is about losing his marriage and his kids. I hope he gets absolutely demolished in court

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

I'm kinda bothered that the horses don't face the same way as the arrows in the second diagram. Unless it's supposed to be some sort of horse treadmill where they push it behind them? Is his the level of engineering were subjecting our horses to???

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MightyJoe36 posted:

Don't you mean Mike Pence?

romney pence shlomney schpence they all the same

but you're right, pence is the dude that calls his wife "mother" and makes women extremely uncomfortable by telling them he can't be alone with them at any time

awkward_turtle posted:

I'm kinda bothered that the horses don't face the same way as the arrows in the second diagram. Is this the level of engineering were subjecting our horses to???

the horses walk backwards. you jackass. you absolute fool

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Play posted:

romney pence shlomney schpence they all the same

but you're right, pence is the dude that calls his wife "mother" and makes women extremely uncomfortable by telling them he can't be alone with them at any time

Yeah, rich, old white republicans tend to be so much alike it's hard to keep them straight.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Their wives have the same problem.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

Their wives have the same problem.

:vince:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Nobody will ever be impressed by or care about how you did your boring weddings 'correctly', or your "pro-tips", goons. Not even if they involve lizard loving.

Me [36F] with my husband [40M] Husband has been seeing a male prostitute for friendship? Need help understanding.

Befriend me deep in my bud hole. Put your companionship deep inside me.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Back at it again reading r/childfree. Here is a dispatch from a dad who hates that his wife has become....a mom

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/8ptqr1/cautionary_tale_from_someone_whose_wife_became_a/

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

Back at it again reading r/childfree. Here is a dispatch from a dad who hates that his wife has become....a mom

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/8ptqr1/cautionary_tale_from_someone_whose_wife_became_a/

Yeah, I think the mom is a little overboard on the mom thing there TBH. She won't leave the 3 year old with grandparents so they can go on a date, and is withholding sex from him because he won't get his vasectomy reversed, after they had previously agreed on "one and done."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

And the comments section thinks the mom is a narcissist because she's trying to get OP to pay some attention to the kid's needs instead of constantly bitching and moaning about letting the literal 3 year old watch cartoons and taking her to kid-friendly events:

quote:

[–]HenriLennui 353 points 4 months ago
Also, it seems clear that your wife sees the child not as a little person in her own right, but as an extension of herself. Your wife doesn't want to watch football with you, then of course your child doesn't either.

This is a red flag. If she tries to merge completely with the child, the child will not be able to grow up into an independent, mature person. It's a hell of a burden to put on a kid when the expectation is that the "cute baby" will fulfill all of Mommy's emotional needs.

[–]optoutsidethenorm 71 points 4 months ago
Seriously OP - PLEASE listen to this person. My mother did this to me and I'm still dealing with the psychological bullshit. PLEASE. Come on over to r/raisedbynarcissists and read a few stories if you need some convincing.

[–][deleted] 46 points 4 months ago
This made me think of codependency and r/raisedbynarcissists. I'm so sure that my mom was one of those people bc she won't even let me admire a man without telling me "he looks creepy" or "careful he doesn't rape you" which of course makes me too worried to consider dating without thinking of her ill-intentioned words. And she wonders why I'm never having children.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

If no money is changing hands and no sex is happening, dude is just friends with a gigolo. Nothing wrong with that. Just a bro with a funny job.

I don't actually believe the no money and no sex part, though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
How to stop sister-in-law (24/F) from being a spoilsport.

quote:

Some background: My family has a long history of good spirited pranks for birthdays and Christmas. I'm not talking awful stuff where someone is the victim. Most of it is gift giving, and you usually know if you're the recipient of a prank, it's going to be a good gift.

To give a few examples, I got an XBox 360 that had been tucked inside a vacuum cleaner box (with the whole family talking about how nice it would be for me to be able to clean my apartment before suggesting I open it and "try it out"). My siblings and I often give presents wrapped in zip ties, duct tape and once even in a block of ice. My sister got her first iPhone that we put in the largest shipping box we could find, stuffed with crumbled up paper and packing peanuts that she had to dig through. We have a history of surprise parties as kids and as adults we often have surprise guests. Last year aunt secretly flew in for Thanksgiving and hid until she suddenly was sitting at the table when mom brought out the turkey. When my sister became pregnant with my parents first grandchild, she revealled it to the family via an acapella group. Like I said, this is all just good spirited fun, and no one has ever walked away hurt.

Soon after my brother became serious with the woman he eventually married, we came together to buy my brother a new motorcyle for his birthday. He was over the moon, but the actual key was in a box with two dozen fake keys. He was laughing the whole time he tried for the real one, but his girlfriend was appalled. She kept saying how mean this was. No matter how he explained it, she just thought we were bullying him. He loved it, and made Christmas ornaments out of the fake keys that year to give to each of us.

We have made a point not to include her in any pranks or surprises, but she still hates when we do it among ourselves.

She's so outspoken about hating pranks, she has just gone out of her way to ruin surprises. Thankfully, she isn't there for most holidays, so it hasn't been too profound. The worst was one of my nephews family birthday party. We left a note that his presents had been stolen by Bluebeard the pirate, and that he would have to unravel Bluebeards pirate map. This was going to lead to a series of puzzles, challenges and scavenger hunt activities that would take up the day... except she decided to ruin it. She took my nephew straight to his presents, saying we were mean to keep them from him. Instead of happy, he was devastated. We had done something similar for his sister, and he was looking forward to this. He still went through the challenges, but only after tears and it was half hearted without the prize at the end.

She doesn't get why what she did was wrong. ("He got his gifts and didn't need to do all that stuff!")

Which brings us to current date. My parents have retired, and we decided to do a huge family vacation to celebrate, and "give" them it for Christmas. This probably will be the most expensive thing we have done as a family. Obviously, we are booking now and arranging work schedules and passports. The plan is that we will each give them a present that's a "clue" to the big present and see if they can solve the riddle. Except, when my sister in law got wind of this, she said the day we book she is going to call my parents and tell them the whole thing. My brother is furious. My other siblings are furious. I've outright said if she ruins this surprise, she is dead to me. She is passive aggressively posting on Facebook about how we want to give an old couple a heart attack and she's the only kind one.

I don't know what words to use, how to make her get she is wrong here. Help?

Tl;dr: sister in law wants to spoil Christmas surprise. How do you stop a grinch?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Haifisch posted:

You'd think that making an actual child cry actual tears would clue you in that maybe you just don't understand a family tradition and are doing something wrong

but I guess not

At any rate they can easily just tell their parents "hey, don't answer any call from Sister-In-Law on this day", they'd know something was happening then but they still wouldn't know what

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Fun scavenger hunts are abuse.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Haifisch posted:

Why would you want to keep someone like this in a family full of people that actively love this sort of thing?

poo poo, when my spouse turned thirty, I got her a Wacom drawing tablet that she had wanted for years, but I turned it into a scavenger hunt. She still talks about it to this day. I know it's not for everyone, but you have to be able to understand that some people love it, especially an entire family that grew up that way.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

on the day you're booking the tickets just distract her with an infant with candy she can take, declaring she is saving them from diabetes and tooth decay. Bam boom simple.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Taima posted:

Wait you're like 70 and post in the r/relationships thread? lol

I'm nowhere near 70, sweetie. We got married young.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Young, dumb, and full of Khazar-Khum.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Ferret King posted:

"Did my friend drug my husband?" I ask, as I post from my office on Reddit instead of from the emergency room where I took my presumably poisoned husband because I'm so genuinely concerned for his physical and mental health.

Have these people never heard of hospitals.

We've heard of them, we just can't- damnit, beat to it. Alternatively: We're scared that our husband who's having a violent reaction might get shot if he has that reaction anywhere near a member of law enforcement.

Blade Runner posted:

Let Bruce and Selina live their lives you fucks

Bruce would totally turn a blind eye to this kind of lawbreaking.

Haifisch posted:

This is a perfectly fine way to prank. It's not the kind of prank that's just mean or lovely, it is a game that ends in a sweet gift. That is fine.

Sister in law is a piece of poo poo.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 2, 2018

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Khazar-khum posted:

I'm nowhere near 70, sweetie. We got married young.

At least if you were 70 there'd be a simple explanation for your being such a sanctimonious twat.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I imagine toddler wedding's gonna mess you up pretty good too though

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Here's a trick, I kicked you in the head and told you to stop being such a prick about our fun games!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

How does she handle pinatas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Haifisch posted:

When the post started by talking about how the family loves pranks I was expecting to be on the sister-in-law's side but this family actually owns and I can't believe that one of them married an actual fun-hater