Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Depending on how they mean this, this might be a good thing. If they mean " they will be no events, just series running their normal course", that would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If everything is an event, then nothing is an event. So fans get their wish I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Syndrome's doing good as the new CEO.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

Syndrome's doing good as the new CEO.

Not just that but he would be the guy to have an issue with the Fantastic Four...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Covok posted:

Depending on how they mean this, this might be a good thing. If they mean " they will be no events, just series running their normal course", that would be perfect.

I read that as Marvel saying all their books will be telling big, compelling stories. A little bit of Smilin' Stan style hyperbole.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If a story like the Dark Phoenix Saga happened today, I reckon it'd have been an event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gatts posted:

Annual events when well done are good. Like Infinity.

Events can be good.

Having them rigidly annual/seasonal/etc. has no effect on that.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Biannual. Semiannual is literally the opposite of what you want.

Ah, thanks. Words are weird sometimes.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder if your post giving me a semi means I'm bi.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Biannual and semiannual mean the same thing!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

This is also not correct. "Biannual" and "semiannual" both mean twice a year. "Biennial" means every two years.

http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2009/03/30/grammar-101-biannual-semiannual-biennial/

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

howe_sam posted:

read that as Marvel saying all their books will be telling big, compelling stories. A little bit of Smilin' Stan style hyperbole.
Given everything they've announced and solicited, the only books that won't be self-contained for the first arcs' worth of Legacy will be Waid having the Avengers and Champions crossover, and X-Men Blue/Gold crossing over in a Mojoworld story. I'm guessing it's hyperbole and maybe a slightly perverse "guys you buy event comics pleaaaaaase buy everything, they're all events? Ha? Please? *wipes flop sweat*"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Biennials are killing comic stores.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

Biennials are killing comic stores.

I got this joke and lol'd

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

El Tortuga posted:

They still need to show the 1,000,000 B.C. Ghost Rider, and that is very, very exciting.

It's just Johnny Blaze again.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ghost rider is a flinstones car or no deal

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Fuuuuuuccckkkkk, I really need to see this happen now.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ghost Rider on Devil Dinosaur and they both have flaming skulls.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

rantmo posted:

Ghost Rider on Devil Dinosaur and they both have flaming skulls.

At some point Devil Dinosaur looks at the reader, shrugs and says "It's a living."

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
My mind went right to a flaming woolly mammoth, but really, all of these ideas are okay.

head58 posted:

At some point Devil Dinosaur looks at the reader, shrugs and says "It's a living."

This comic better have multiple instances of Ghost Rider having to repair the canopy on top of the car after Devil Dinosaur keeps sticking his head through it every time they go to the drive-in.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 28, 2017

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Manatee Cannon posted:

This would be amazing.

Also in the intro, Mr. Slate pulls on Sauron's tail as the bell to end the day's work shift.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

*Ghost Rider bangs on door after Devil Dinosaur locks him out*

GR: DANNYYYYYYY!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just saw they're retitling 2017 Hulk to She-Hulk for the trade. Weak.

edit: And that image is a lot less interesting or evocative than any of the single issue covers.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 28, 2017

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I'm sorry but the correct answer was Ghost Rider on a Woolly Mammoth

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

This is also not correct. "Biannual" and "semiannual" both mean twice a year. "Biennial" means every two years.

http://btr.michaelkwan.com/2009/03/30/grammar-101-biannual-semiannual-biennial/

I am glad I have learned something useful during this tangent. Words are still weird.

Back to the current topic, flaming Devil Dinosaur gets my vote.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

She's a regular good guy SHIELD agent who Steve's kept around him un-arrested/executed.
She didn't escape, but did just try to stab him in the neck with a piece of wood after the Black Widow thing.

edit: I've only been reading the main series, so if she's spying for the resistance or something in other comics, I dunno.

No, in the Cap run before Spencer when she was trapped in Dimension Z and got old, it was revealed that she had been brainwashed. Seems like that's been dropped? But I also think I remember her being all evil and plotty recently before this clusterfuck started.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just saw they're retitling 2017 Hulk to She-Hulk for the trade. Weak.

edit: And that image is a lot less interesting or evocative than any of the single issue covers.

I think this is part of it getting re-titled/numbered for Legacy but agreed, should have left it Hulk for this one at least

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gatts posted:

Annual events when well done are good. Like Infinity.

Nah.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

El Tortuga posted:

They still need to show the 1,000,000 B.C. Ghost Rider, and that is very, very exciting.

well guess what

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ElNarez posted:

well guess what

Okay, I'm all in on this now.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm unreasonably excited for Avengers BC entirely based on how much I enjoyed the same thing when Justice League did it during The Obsidian Age.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ElNarez posted:

well guess what

It's... so god damned beautiful...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ElNarez posted:

well guess what

It's still Johnny Blaze, though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

No, in the Cap run before Spencer when she was trapped in Dimension Z and got old, it was revealed that she had been brainwashed. Seems like that's been dropped? But I also think I remember her being all evil and plotty recently before this clusterfuck started.

Was that confirmed? I thought she came back and everyone thought "that seems suspicious" and it was never really brought up again.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's still Johnny Blaze, though.

I guess that explains that the skull is on a human body? I thought it was a complete skeleton in gear. Skull faced Wooly Mammoth would have been icing but it's still great

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rochallor posted:

With how delayed the past several big summer events have been, we're in Event Mode like 6-7 months out of the year, if you count the Prelude/Road to… stuff. That doesn't even factor in the smaller things like Standoff.

I doubt it would be as big of an issue if it weren't happening All The Time.

At least Fascist Captain America has kept this train event on time though.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

X-O posted:

At least Fascist Captain America has kept this train event on time though.

It feels like it's been a long time, but I think that's mostly factoring in all the time since the "HAIL HYDRA" reveal. I'm not following the event, but it's about over already, right? So barring surprise delays, it'll "only" be four months. And then Generations (which you could pooh-pooh but it doesn't sound all that event-y). And then at last a break.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/jasonaaron/status/891049931758342144

:black101:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

TwoPair posted:

Was that confirmed? I thought she came back and everyone thought "that seems suspicious" and it was never really brought up again.

There was a scene after she'd come back from Zola's HYDRA-dimension where a HOODED FIGURE(TM) shows up at a Hydra meeting and gloats how "They'll never suspect that I'M Hydra!"

People put the obvious clues together and figured it was probably Sharon, but Remender came off the book soon after and it was never explicitly revealed one way or the other. I doubt any other writer is gonna bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That should just be the regular Thor, right?

Isn't he tens of thousands of years old?

• Locked thread