Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If anyone could be counted on to double down on the "lol Hawaii isn't a real state" thing it's Coulter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

3/10 Next time try Mars-a-lago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

santanotreal posted:

Seriously shut up. This is not homophobia. Stating that two politicians are in bed with each other is not some new concept. The fact they are two men does not somehow make it homophobic. You're either projecting or seriously an idiot.

It's "haha gay sex is funny and bad". It's homophobic and you're a loving moron.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's "haha gay sex is funny and bad". It's homophobic and you're a loving moron.

No, it's "Putin keeps his dick warm in this person," and if Trump was female it'd be misogynistic. It's the definition of a problematic statement, and people aren't morons for not seeing it, just blind.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Anidav posted:

It's a broken image for me.

Fix'd

lmao what a loving moron

Cock Soup
Oct 15, 2006

Yes, exactly. The fact that they are two affluent politicians and public figure and that one position implies submission is completely irrelevant.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Vulgarity is offensive, news at 11.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

21 Muns posted:

How the hell would you explain this image to someone who'd recently come out of a coma?

gently caress. I actually like this cartoon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Duckbag posted:

Vulgarity is offensive, news at 11.

You can be vulgar without being homophobic you poo poo gargling cum golem

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

loquacius posted:

If anyone could be counted on to double down on the "lol Hawaii isn't a real state" thing it's Coulter

I mean, Obama was born there. Ergo...

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

What if you switched the order to cum gargling poo poo golem?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

BlueBlazer posted:

It would depend on whose cum they're gargling

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could have sworn it was either this thread or the Trump Admin thread that cheered on the mural of Trump and Putin making out.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Okay Stephen Colbert is Problematic, can we loving move on jesus christ.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Triggered!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

21 Muns posted:

How the hell would you explain this image to someone who'd recently come out of a coma?

loving pathetic. Of course he bitched when his art got co-opted but doesn't care when it happens to another artist.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress you, duck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_Sarkeesian#Harassment

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
This is amazing but it's Mr. Fish-like in my ability to make sense of it and knowing the artist, there's a good chance it's hateful.
A Spanish last name yet no easy "Puerto Pobre" joke?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

:lol:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MelvinBison posted:

Garrison's never going to mention Le Pen again, is he?

who?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You know this makes me wonder, when was the last time a place like Liberty University or whatever has invited, say, Bill Maher or someone like that to speak?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Spirit animal.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

is zelda's breakfast an entire loaf of bread?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Like. I. Said. Spirit animal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Anidav posted:

It's a broken image for me.

Fix'd

Like...

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

:discourse:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is it the case that every garrison can be turned into a kelly with minimal changes? Because it seems like it might be

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Since it's already been mentioned, I'm going to ignore that Garrison is endorsing a stolen character from someone's passionate creative work being repurposed for white supremacy. Instead I'll just point out that Furie "killing" Pepe the Frog is just his way of expressing a personal regret and detachment from a character he made who's come to be tied to so much that he hates.
Furie didn't kill him off because he thought "well now that he's officially dead no one is going to use him anymore", you loving narcissistic clown.

Also drawing the character as a sophisticated, "too busy to care" upper class rich guy completely misses the entire point of Pepe both as Furie's character and as a memetic character. You might as well draw a refined and dismissive Patrick Star.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Is it the case that every garrison can be turned into a kelly with minimal changes? Because it seems like it might be

This one's especially bad with the "b-but" and the pepe literally dressed like a fancy gentleman.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

21 Muns posted:

What a hypocritical sack of poo poo.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill

Vib Rib posted:

Since it's already been mentioned, I'm going to ignore that Garrison is endorsing a stolen character from someone's passionate creative work being repurposed for white supremacy. Instead I'll just point out that Furie "killing" Pepe the Frog is just his way of expressing a personal regret and detachment from a character he made who's come to be tied to so much that he hates.
Furie didn't kill him off because he thought "well now that he's officially dead no one is going to use him anymore", you loving narcissistic clown.

Also drawing the character as a sophisticated, "too busy to care" upper class rich guy completely misses the entire point of Pepe both as Furie's character and as a memetic character. You might as well draw a refined and dismissive Patrick Star.

I agree with this but actually art today isn't really beholden to the creator very much. Furie may have meant to disown himself from what the character has become but it won't kill off his presence in sub culture. And the sad fact is imitators have brought the character to higher prominence than the original comic and the creator ever did. This will likely continue.

I don't actually think Garrison actually thought about all this though.

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

You made a cum joke towards a male poster, obviously this is a homophobic comment and as such *shoots self in head*

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Garrison doesn't "get" metaphor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

I agree with this but actually art today isn't really beholden to the creator very much. Furie may have meant to disown himself from what the character has become but it won't kill off his presence in sub culture.

Well duh. Pepe's funeral was him giving up on the idea of ever reclaiming the character. The Pepe he created is dead, and the alt-right icon will live on.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
When in a movie a character says to another character "you're dead to me" it doesn't actually kill them

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

BlueBlazer posted:

I mean, we're all cum golems if you think about it

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Two Inch Bee posted:

I mean, we're all cum golems if you think about it

I consider myself more of a cum homonculus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Erenthal posted:

I consider myself more of a cum homonculus.

The last time I dealt with a Homonculus, I had to travel through time, then got run over by a drunk driver.

• Locked thread