Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

where did all of the admins go

admin heaven *pat pat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
NO MODS NO MASTERS

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I miss ozma though

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hate it when people with avs I like are turds.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I miss ozma though

i liked admin ozma a lot so this is huge bummer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thora posted:

Ok but first I have some questions about your av which is part of the snupocalypse suitability screening protocol.

1. It appears the matador is attempting to bonk the Iberian Death Bull on the head with a large black whiffleball bat. Is this the case?
2. Why does it look like the bull has half of an upside-down skateboard protruding from his shoulders?
3. Where is his cape? (The matador, not the bull.)
4. Why are the socks pink? Or is this a photoshop because IMO the socks should match the cape lining or be black like other dress socks.

Grammar counts because I say so. Thank you in advance for participation.

Edit: Because "grammar counts" goes both ways so that last sentence should say "Thank you in advance for you're participationing."

Both of the items are crudely photoshopped dildos covering up a pair of banderillas in the banderillero's hands and a banderilla that has already been harpooned in the bull's shoulders. The idea came from a red-text someone gave me where they photoshopped that same dildo (first gis result) onto a picture of me in lieu of a tie. I thought it was hilarious and I then later thought up this av idea to go along with a name change to something I came up with in college to piss off homophobic kids in Xbox live.

That's one and two; three is because that man's a banderillero. A banderilla (literally little flag) is a harpoon covered in bright paper mâché. The end's about 15cm long if I remember and 6 of them are stabbed into the bull as part of the second phase of the fight. I'm on my phone but I can make a thread about bullfighting later to explain further what all this ancient crap means. But he does not use a cape. Btw the red cape used in the last third of the fight is literally called a crutch.

4. Tradition. The idea was to wear the most garish thing possible (the suit itself is made from heavy brocade woven with golden thread) as a sign of arrogance and it's just stuck since the 18th century.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 31, 2014

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

where did all of the admins go

they're not here right now, they died

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
i look away for a chem exam and when i look back BAM crazy drama and i missed all the deets

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Spanish Manlove posted:

banderilleros!

Entertaining, informative, provides historical perspective, and just the right amount of crude humor. *puts in round 2 pile*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also matadors all wear ballet flats, have a squire, and have rat tails that are cut off when the bullfighter retires or dies. It's literally the gayest thing I know and it's awesome.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

vaguely posted:

excuse me we have the best Indian food outside of actual India

motherfucking karahi chicken gently caress yes

I legit just finished a Karahi chicken and it was kinda disappointing. I'm gonna give them a pass since they seem busy tonight with all the Chinese's being closed. Lamb Jalfrezi was still good though *falls into food coma*

Someone give a run down of mod drama, I pretty much only read this thread and the Idiots of Social Media one now that the Feminism thread is terrible.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Thora posted:

Ok but first I have some questions about your av which is part of the snupocalypse suitability screening protocol.

1. It appears the matador is attempting to bonk the Iberian Death Bull on the head with a large black whiffleball bat. Is this the case?
2. Why does it look like the bull has half of an upside-down skateboard protruding from his shoulders?
3. Where is his cape? (The matador, not the bull.)
4. Why are the socks pink? Or is this a photoshop because IMO the socks should match the cape lining or be black like other dress socks.

Grammar counts because I say so. Thank you in advance for participation.

Edit: Because "grammar counts" goes both ways so that last sentence should say "Thank you in advance for you're participationing."

The repugnant spanish tradition of bullfighting has three stages.
The first one , tercio de varas features matadores with pink capes.They try to direct the bull to it and avoid being gored to death meanwhile they study the bull so they can decide how many time are they going to be piked in neck.
Next the second phase is the tercio de varas , in which supporting matadores try to stab the bull in the neck with banderillas.
The last one is the tercio de muerte:the main bullfighter torea the bull with a red cape and then kills it.

Every single thing about is repugnant.Death to spain.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
woodchuck just quit in the feminism thread. ozma has other stuff to do? tehloki got perma probated. fistgrrl gone, not sure if EPG is still around

lowtax said some stuff in QCS but i still dont get what happened

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is it racist to defend something like bullfighting by saying it's part of their culture?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Not really but I've learned through time to be objective and funny about things and let the reader decide for themselves what they think about the subject manner.

True harmony comes from loving and hating something equally.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lamadrid posted:

The first one , tercio de varas features matadores with pink capes.They try to direct the bull to it and avoid being gored to death meanwhile they study the bull so they can decide how many time are they going to be piked in neck.
Next the second phase is the tercio de varas , in which supporting matadores try to stab the bull in the neck with banderillas.
The last one is the tercio de muerte:the main bullfighter torea the bull with a red cape and then kills it.

Very mechanical and informative but C- because no humor to this as.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

woodchuck just quit in the feminism thread. ozma has other stuff to do? tehloki got perma probated. fistgrrl gone, not sure if EPG is still around

lowtax said some stuff in QCS but i still dont get what happened

Like what precipitated all this? There's always been yahoos whining and moaning about how much the forums suck. Why is there all this drama now? Did something happen (other than aartrek being a pedo)?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Spanish Manlove posted:

Very mechanical and informative but C- because no humor to this as.

Also, av is standard "Stupid Newbie". I'm sorry, you do not proceed to the next round. However, your criticisms were well thought out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lamadrid posted:

both of ur posts in thsi thread are retarded as hell

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 4, 2014

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
I always thought "offal" was poo poo so I was confused by all the posters in this thread eating it

like, is vegan not enough now? No eating plants, either? Is this the new trend?

... is eating animal poop vegan

why are you eating poop

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

i've said it before and i'll say it again men should be run down like dogs and shot in the streets and we can keep a couple choice specimens for artificial insemination

the puppy pics are basically long term apocalypse prep for me, but i think my dislike of cats may end up with me getting to know a bullet

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Serious Cephalopod posted:

I always thought "offal" was poo poo so I was confused by all the posters in this thread eating it

like, is vegan not enough now? No eating plants, either? Is this the new trend?

... is eating animal poop vegan

why are you eating poop

If eating honey is not vegan than eating animal poo poo isn't vegan by the same logic.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
In case anyone was wondering, honey is bee vomit mixed with pollen.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
so i got home from college yesterday afternoon and it was a really hot day and the stairwell in my building stunk horribly and i was like 'wow it smells like something died' and i was really tired and went to bed. my mum just woke up and told me, yp, the cops came last night and found a dead body in one of the flats. so now i know what dead rotting human smells like and let me tell you dead humans smell GROSS

thats my story

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If he was in there long enough to start stinking That means no one cares enough about him to care if you go in there and take his stuff.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

VanSandman posted:

the puppy pics are basically long term apocalypse prep for me, but i think my dislike of cats may end up with me getting to know a bullet

well on second thought i don't see why we can't keep some suitably submissive men as puppy tender slaves

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
yeah i thought it takes like days for them to start stinking. poor whoever it was, unless they were a jerk. then screw em

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

VanSandman posted:

you get to live...as long as you provide the goods

Spanish Manlove posted:

If eating honey is not vegan than eating animal poo poo isn't vegan by the same logic.

that assumes there is logic to not eating honey

...wait does that mean we have to eat poop now too

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fruity Gordo posted:

so i got home from college yesterday afternoon and it was a really hot day and the stairwell in my building stunk horribly and i was like 'wow it smells like something died' and i was really tired and went to bed. my mum just woke up and told me, yp, the cops came last night and found a dead body in one of the flats. so now i know what dead rotting human smells like and let me tell you dead humans smell GROSS
the western suburbs *clutches pearls*

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wildlife Analysis posted:

Daddy Long-Legs are cool. They were the only [e:not] spiders I didn't hate as a kid.

Same

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
gods own country :australia:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Enfys posted:

you get to live...as long as you provide the goods

that assumes there is logic to not eating honey

...wait does that mean we have to eat poop now too

Idk but I saw in a GWS vegan cooking thread that the OP had a big scary looking paragraph saying "stop arguing about honey, it's not vegan" and I've been laughing at that forever.

Also you have eaten poop if you've never cleaned a shrimp properly :greenangel:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

NO MODS NO MASTERS

Did something happen with the mods in the past 24 hours I wasn't here?

i eat liver, i heard that the innards have lots more vitamins and stuff than meat. where should i get it, how should i cook it
Liver smells so bad when cooked. Its got this weird funk that lingers if you pan fry it.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
lol that axemaniac and fiery fatty always watching are still mods tho

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fruity Gordo posted:

yeah i thought it takes like days for them to start stinking. poor whoever it was, unless they were a jerk. then screw em

stuff starts to stink fast :/

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my bandwidth is capped and i need to apply for internships

have you ever tried to open several dozen graphic design studio homesites on 24.4kps? jesus loving christ

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Avshalom posted:

my bandwidth is capped and i need to apply for internships

have you ever tried to open several dozen graphic design studio homesites on 24.4kps? jesus loving christ

Stop all the downloads! Help computer.

Whats your net cap? Mine is like 250gigs I never even get close to that a month.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

suitably submissive

That's what I aspire to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Al Borland posted:

Whats your net cap? Mine is like 250gigs I never even get close to that a month.

8 gigs

that's not a typo

• Locked thread