Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The head start is important if you want to ride the initial wave of aoe grinding mobs.

If you ever stop to do quests or life skills in velia , there is something like 40 hours of quests there, and you will probably fall behind the wave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Amergin posted:

I am seriously considering waking up at 1 AM for the 96 hour launch.

This is what happens when my wife is on the other side of the world helping her family. I need a parent.
It kind-of helps that I'm in Europe so I just have to wake up by 9am, but on the other hand I am thinking about some ~20 hour marthon on day one, should the next day schedule allow for it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

If you ever stop to do quests or life skills in velia , there is something like 40 hours of quests there, and you will probably fall behind the wave.

This is what I'm looking forward to the most tbh. I'm not worried about being the first to 50...... but I want to be (among) the first to make my own boat.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I will definitely stop at that first fishing village and do a ton of random stuff before I continue leveling. That's what I had the most fun doing in the beta.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010
I also don't really care about levelling, I found it much more relaxing and interesting doing all the life skill quests in Velia or even just fishing and trading for cash.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I really wish the char creator was still open, probably shoulda spent more time in it. I saved some templates but not any I want to use I think, as it is I'll probably spend like 2 hours in the char creator before playing :v:

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

As much as I love pvp and end-game shenanigans, if I play an MMO I generally enjoy my way there and make the most of the other systems in the game. I got stuck in Velia for most of CB2 just doing all the poo poo in and around town, and it was awesome.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rift and GW2 are good games for these guys to look at to fix their model.

Rift went f2p and put their costumes at too high of a price point and ended up losing money and players because of it
GW2 has a great dye system that they should try to mirror as much as possible since being able to play dress up with dolls is a huge reason people keep playing it

But normally this is not within a regional teams control. They have to ask the main developer to do any changes and they may refuse to do it.

Rift now has gear slots (earring slots) locked behind the paywall and you can no longer grind them out with in game currency. You used to be able to but Trion decided they wanted more money from their remaining players so they changed it.

Daum copying Rift's cash shop model now would be a pretty bad thing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I went back to try out rift awhile ago when they released that single city and new continent. Game was alright for the most part as a f2p game but I wouldn't touch their cash shop prices at all.

That and age of wushu has ruined me where rifts attacking animations look god awful.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What day is the head start for 96 hours? I thought the game officially launches on the 7th, meaning that the 96 hour head start was Thursday the 3rd.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

What day is the head start for 96 hours? I thought the game officially launches on the 7th, meaning that the 96 hour head start was Thursday the 3rd.

The game officially launches on the 3rd, so the 96hr head start will bring it up to Feb 28th.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/58

quote:

28.02 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Conqueror’s Package will begin
• Claiming process for Pre-Order Packages will begin

01.03 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Explorer’s Package will begin

02.03 | 08:00 UTC
• Soft Launch for Early Access who pre-ordered the Traveler’s Package will begin

03.03| 08:00 UTC
• Hard Launch for everyone who purchased the game will begin
• Cash Shop will be opened

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

I'm a dirty poor so it looks like it's just the 24 hour head start for me. I had way too much fun in this game in the cbt. I'm still torn between playing a witch or a sorceress though. So many decisions.....

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I turned down the $100 pack

I'll stay with the $30

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Another $100 sperg.
I'll have some weird play hours so I'll forgo a slot if we're going to be tight.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stormgale posted:

Kimsemus convince me to go NA, probably gently caress my sleep schedule and deal with lag.

If you go NA, you'll be with Sperg Team Actual, taking down mans and turning over carts and stabbing horses from day one!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Stormgale posted:

Kimsemus convince me to go NA, probably gently caress my sleep schedule and deal with lag.

Don't. We're gonna play it for two weeks and quit. At least make your two weeks bearable.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

I created a strawpoll to see what everyone's main class is going to be because I'm interested

http://www.strawpoll.me/6903210

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Don't. We're gonna play it for two weeks and quit. At least make your two weeks bearable.

Dude, be optimistic, it will probably make it two months before we all burn out and quit!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

designing logos right now in mumble

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

designing logos right now in mumble

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Current winning design

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

God I hope someone has a decent idea before the launch comes.

Meanwhile on reddit. :classiclol:

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Guild name: Hype Squad

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Current winning design

goddammit please credit

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Wow do you have to pay money for skill resets as well in this regressive as gently caress money pit chinalike gaem?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Yes. There is effectively no skill level cap though.

You keep earning skill points but you will run out of skills to spend them on.

Then awakening forms come out and there are even more skills.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Probad posted:

Guild name: Hype Squad

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
gonna be one quick burning little garbage fire of a game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I hope they are on our server.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

kalstrams posted:

I hope they are on our server.

Oh poo poo....

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That thread is pretty dramatic.

Edit: :laffo:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 24, 2016

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Let the splintering and lovely alliances begin. Archeage reunion thread.

Or did we already splinter? what was the outcome of the VOIP wars?

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 24, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DirtyFalcon posted:

Time to find a paedophile, I guess. Any Elin players around, by chance?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'll go wherever Discord is. I was recently introduced to it and I like it.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

DirtyFalcon posted:

Or did we already splinter? what was the outcome of the VOIP wars?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Hey Kim why is your discord so dead? Its just me and YOTC talking in here.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbNZGYdwlc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to play berserker

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU