Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

Christ, it's like TERFs and their one joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Everyone who likes or dislikes the Adam Cole jokes needs to post how tall they are for a project I’m working on

Jokes? Didn't realise there was more than one.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What do TERFS have to do with a height joke

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

edogawa rando posted:

Jokes? Didn't realise there was more than one.

It’s a short list

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

RealFoxy posted:

What do TERFS have to do with a height joke

i think he meant SMURFs

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Aug 2, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

edogawa rando posted:

Christ, it's like TERFs and their one joke.

This joke is funny though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

listen. the adam cole joke is not funny. it never was. the video was funny because of the man's reaction to the pictures shown. and that man wasn't even originally talking about those images; it was co-opted from something else if you can believe that. now when i posted the image of a tiny man about to step onto a large hand, it was in my mind a transformative work in the sense that it took the terrible joke to an absurd level, thereby referencing and making fun of itself in the process. i didn't have others best interest in mind, and didn't warn anyone of what was coming. just because everyone in a thread is talking about a wrestler, a movie, a musician, their favorite food, or a youtube video, that doesn't give anyone carte blanche to act the way i did and expect not to get called out. now let's talk WWE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dsriggs posted:

It’s a short list

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If AEW were going to bring in Adam Cole I'd rather he came in as a friend to Hangman rather than an enemy. The Bucks vs The Adams would be a pretty great match.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

HerraS posted:

the wider public doesnt know who the gently caress adam cole is lmao

This is correct, but it is like the guy in the pipeline - way overdue - that can be a top guy if not the top guy. Who else do they have?

I wish there was no longer non-competes because this seems like it could be a Radicalz exodus of the important future but we all know everything now so the surprise doesn't exist.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Adam Cole has a very wholesome Twitch stream where one viewer has donated over $100k in bits (real money) cumulatively.

Speaking of which, maybe his wonky contract status is why he's been able to stream?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

If AEW were going to bring in Adam Cole I'd rather he came in as a friend to Hangman rather than an enemy. The Bucks vs The Adams would be a pretty great match.

I think he'd be a fun shiny new toy for Callis & the Bucks once Kenny loses the belt. Maybe have him rack some wins up while Kenny is losing his belts, one by one, then after things come to a head, Cole puts Kenny out so he can go get surgery.

I'm suggesting it go down this way because I think Cole is mostly great performer but is considerably better as a heel.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shayna Baszler posted:

i think he meant SMURFs

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I just tried to think of who is their future... Drew McIntyre was the only name I could come up with, and he is so much better as Drew Galloway in any other company including when he was in NXT.

Bobby is the same age now as Ric Flair was in 1994. Also shocking Randy Orton is four years younger.

We have to respect the privacy of Keith Lee.

Baron Corbin's doing the best work of his career but he's never an ace.

Roman was their ordained ace for so long that now that he's finally doing well it's after his push sunk the ship and directly lead to the rise of AEW by people begging to be listened to rather than ignored.

Karrion Kross, lol.

Seth Rollins is Marc Mero.

AND THEY CUT BRAY WYATT ONE OF THEIR YOUNG ESTABLISHED MAIN EVENTERS.

Am I missing anyone if Adam Cole leaves? WALTER?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

They're absolutely making cuts to afford more adrenochrome for The Undertaker.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Vince would've rebranded Adam Cole as Shorty C and put him in a tag tean with Gable, he was never going to be a big star in WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

ThePariah posted:

Vince would've rebranded Adam Cole as Shorty C and put him in a tag tean with Gable, he was never going to be a big star in WWE.

You're right, AEW us built partially on the backs of their main eventers who were iconic for being so clear top stars bit misused or misunderstood.

Brodie Lee
Miro
Jon Moxley

And two of the most iconic people pushes in WWE history in Punk and Bryan.

So lets just hand over Bray and Adam Cole too.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

Adam Cole going over to AEW would be loving enormous right? like Bryan Danielson and CM Punk are big, but this would be the NXT Champion, the direct competition for the better part of a year and a half jumping ship

Hefty Leftist posted:

that's the quality i think makes it bigger in some ways. Adam Cole is one of NXT's biggest stars, assets and longest reigining champion throughout the period where NXT was directly competing with AEW. it's a really huge sign that WWE is just completely failing to the wider public

But far more people know who Punk and Bryan are, and it'd be a much bigger sign to those people that these two guys who were big-name main eventers when WWE was doing better are coming back to wrestling but not for WWE. Cole could show up on RAW tonight and largely get a "wait, who is this guy again?" reaction from the crowd.

That's not to say it would be meaningless to see him jump; if nothing else, AEW fans seem to be more familiar with other wrestlers, so he'd certainly get a better reaction showing up on Dynamite than on RAW. But he would be a lot closer to, say, Haku showing up in the Royal Rumble a week after winning the WCW Hardcore title than he would be to Danielson or Punk showing up.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Daniel Bryan main evented Wrestlemania four months ago, I think him jumping ship is a pretty big deal.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lid posted:

I just tried to think of who is their future... Drew McIntyre was the only name I could come up with, and he is so much better as Drew Galloway in any other company including when he was in NXT.

Bobby is the same age now as Ric Flair was in 1994. Also shocking Randy Orton is four years younger.

We have to respect the privacy of Keith Lee.

Baron Corbin's doing the best work of his career but he's never an ace.

Roman was their ordained ace for so long that now that he's finally doing well it's after his push sunk the ship and directly lead to the rise of AEW by people begging to be listened to rather than ignored.

Karrion Kross, lol.

Seth Rollins is Marc Mero.

AND THEY CUT BRAY WYATT ONE OF THEIR YOUNG ESTABLISHED MAIN EVENTERS.

Am I missing anyone if Adam Cole leaves? WALTER?

I think Omos is the only <30 male on the main roster that is protected. Every other young talent is jobbed out. For the 30-40 crowd everyone’s been around for so long and not gotten over to a point where they could carry the company.

There’s really no super-hot prospects in nxt anymore. There’s some decent talent for sure, but no one that everyone’s clamouring to see on the main roster or anything. Plus no one there really seems to get booked strong anymore (aside from Kross, and we saw what happened there).

The women’s side is still pretty strong. They have some of the most popular women in North America on the main roster and a solid roster in NXT. But, every time they’ve pushed women as the main event it feels more experimental and almost obligatory rather than a long term business change.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

Roman may have found a character that people on twitter don't hate but he's still sinking the ratings basically every week.

Granted everybody sinks the ratings but it's shocking how consistent it is that when the show is built around this dude it goes straight down.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Alaois posted:

but who is going to bring him back to life in BTE canon

Abadon.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
In the upcoming years Roman Reigns is going to be the debate if if hes a Hall of Famer and its going to be fascinating. He was a main eventer forever, pushed as the guy, can work, clearly very very talented but held back by a stubborn refusal to let him be a charismatic villain he so clearly was, and on his watch the company death spiralled. Its going to be the American version of Big Daddy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I remember correctly the current Roman push started about a year ago and for that year it's been stuck in the same old rut. I can't think of even one moment of change or character growth in his entire heel run, he's just demolished everybody in pretty much the exact same fashion since then.

So it's no wonder that people are getting tired of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lid posted:

In the upcoming years Roman Reigns is going to be the debate if if hes a Hall of Famer and its going to be fascinating. He was a main eventer forever, pushed as the guy, can work, clearly very very talented but held back by a stubborn refusal to let him be a charismatic villain he so clearly was, and on his watch the company death spiralled. Its going to be the American version of Big Daddy.

I just can't get behind it. As much as people have been throwing roses at him for the last year, the dude has never had a MotY-level match, has never cut a truly great promo, has never influenced anything and has never drawn money in his life and that heel turn everybody has spent years clamoring for happened and, like, it's not very good? And the ratings have kept falling when the show was built around him. You can argue he was never put in a position to do any of those things because he was so micro-managed, but there are guys who have shined through WWE's muck and he's never managed to do that.

Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't WM32 ticket sales, the thing that should be the feather in his cap, doing really poorly until Undertaker/Shane was announced?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

it's funny because they could have done this head of the table stuff years ago when people were booing the poo poo out of him and it would have worked, like pull the trigger during that raw after wrestlemania where he literally can't even speak he's getting booed so loudly.

like, 2017 at the latest. he would have had a solid run even before taking time off for the leukemia diagnosis but hindsight is 20/20, etc.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Destroy My Sweater posted:

it's funny because they could have done this head of the table stuff years ago when people were booing the poo poo out of him and it would have worked, like pull the trigger during that raw after wrestlemania where he literally can't even speak he's getting booed so loudly.

like, 2017 at the latest. he would have had a solid run even before taking time off for the leukemia diagnosis but hindsight is 20/20, etc.

They acknowledged the boos for one week and then literally the very next episode he was the underdog babyface against Braun again. Good lord.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

MJeff posted:

They acknowledged the boos for one week and then literally the very next episode he was the underdog babyface against Braun again. Good lord.

Exactly. Totally bizarre. He was getting so much HEAT.

lol I forgot about Braun. I remember people were finally warming up to him after killing jobbers forever and flipping busses and then they just completely killed his momentum, I don't recall how. Fed to Reigns and then became a train IIRC

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea but he’s the Rock’s cousin, did you think about that?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Braun got released only a few weeks... months? Ago. That was out of the blue then but doesn't hold a candle to letting Bray go and losing Adam Cole in the same week.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Roman Reigns has to be a big deal for a lot of people because if he isn’t then the last, six? seven? years of WWE were a complete waste. (They were lol)

He’s an okay wrestler who has always been the least interesting part of the main event scene. If you booked Shawn Spears the same way for 7 years eventually you could arrive at where we are now with Roman.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Everything is fine. AEW is not competition. NXT is doing great. We aren't bleeding talent or fans. See look! Meltzer just said we sold out the John Cena tour!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't know if Roman deserves a hall of Fame spot but he's definitely more deserving of it then Big Daddy.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

RealFoxy posted:

Everything is fine. AEW is not competition. NXT is doing great. We aren't bleeding talent or fans. See look! Meltzer just said we sold out the John Cena tour!

Strong Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff to TNA vibes.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Exactly. Totally bizarre. He was getting so much HEAT.

lol I forgot about Braun. I remember people were finally warming up to him after killing jobbers forever and flipping busses and then they just completely killed his momentum, I don't recall how. Fed to Reigns and then became a train IIRC

I think any braun momentum was killed dead when he had one fo the stupidest cash in attempts ever during the brock vs roman match at summerslam 2017(?). Came out, stood there for a while, cashed in, got beaten up by brock then Roman used the distraction to win - can’t remember who was pinned. Then they pissed on the grave when they had the hell in a cell match between him and Roman that ended in a brock run in and a DQ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Man I can't believe Adam Cole's contract was shorter than WWE billed it as all this time...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Britt hands her a twenty to bring her boyfriend back to life. Suggests she could fix up Abadon's teeth who just glares and Britt walks away. For the next month of BTE, Adam is a zombie arm candy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Then had Roman beat Bray and Braun, who were both recently universal champions, with some lovely run in crap and then expunged them both from the main event

then later the company

When you look at the most fed, overprotected guy in AEW he hasn't received a tenth what Roman has. He's the definition of sunk cost in a wrestler, even if I think he's doing fine now, they should have cut the experiment years ago.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Edge & Christian posted:

It would be super weird for Marvel to promote a different publisher's comic, but I also can't tell if this is sarcasm.

Someone was saying WWE never promoted WWE comics. I was saying I've never even see marvel promote a comic either. Never saw an ad before a marvel movie saying "go buy comics!". Never saw a comic event advertised on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

its extremely funny that apparently wwe doesn't even know what their contracts for their workers say