Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Also Adam’s best friends were either recently fired by the company or are EVPs in the competing company, as well as his significant other being a cornerstone of the promotion.

Adam Cole got some real considerations to make, how much money is worth accepting that you’ll only hit a certain level where you are now unless you somehow slip past the glass ceiling when the odds are greatly against you, your biggest booster has lost a lot of his power in the company in a matter of months, you’re stagnating in your current position but you’re safe, meanwhile the guys you palled around Japan and the US with are having the time of their lives and doing basketball goofs on TV and a bunch of guys are working PWG and New Japan and indies and having a blast.

If it was me, it’d probably have to be a lot of money. Money at the level that the WWE doesn’t want to offer anyone who isn’t Roman or Charlotte or Becky or Seth anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

KungFu Grip posted:

https://twitter.com/RajGiri_303/status/1422072155705991172

shane i guess. only one i can think of still on a part time contract.

I cannot imagine anything funnier than Shane McMahon asking for his release from his WWE performer’s contract.

That said, I could see it being someone asking to be released from their legends contract.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Its gonna be trips

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wwe and the entire world know Adam Cole would be instasigned by his old buddies so I have to imagine they'd back a truck filled with money to his house next month

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DLC Inc posted:

wwe and the entire world know Adam Cole would be instasigned by his old buddies so I have to imagine they'd back a truck filled with money to his house next month

Nick Khan sold the money truck.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Nick Khan sold the money truck.

Hunter managed to swipe a hubcap at the last minute that he fills with what money he is allowed to offer people.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

tweet makes it sound like this is the desired result by the fans?

What the gently caress?!

shock people can have fun at wrestling shows, even wwe ones

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Isn't this Raj Giri the same journalist who claimed that Hikaru Shida got into AEW by sleeping with Kenny Omega or whatever? Dunno if I'd really trust that guy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe Cole is comfortable and content doing what he's doing with WWE now.

What's up with WWE's administrative department with these lapses in contract stuff?

Not sure if it’s true or not but supposedly WWE let the rocks contract lapse in 04

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Drakkel posted:

Isn't this Raj Giri the same journalist who claimed that Hikaru Shida got into AEW by sleeping with Kenny Omega or whatever? Dunno if I'd really trust that guy.

If Sapp has it too, I’m inclined to give it more credence.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If Sapp has it too, I’m inclined to give it more credence.
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1422070887398920192?s=20

SRS is someone I actually trust, so it looks like Adam Cole is getting reunited with his girlfriend BAY BAY

e:

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1422063008080093187?s=20

It seems that Adam Cole was the ramification he was hinting at, but at the time everyone thought his contract was up in December.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 2, 2021

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the big/part time name that asked for their release is apparently not an active wrestler so its someone on a legends deal, probably Flair?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

KungFu Grip posted:

the big/part time name that asked for their release is apparently not an active wrestler so its someone on a legends deal, probably Flair?

The Four Horsemen are gonna reunite and bury Hangman Adam Page brother

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Does Bret have a legends deal?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Hefty Leftist posted:

The Four Horsemen are gonna reunite and bury Hangman Adam Page brother

I can't believe CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Adam Cole, and Ric Flair are all going to debut at All Out and pin Kenny Omega to become co-champions while Hangman Page gets relegated to AEW Jakked or whatever people seem to have convinced themselves is gonna happen

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus I can't even imagine what AEW looks like in a year

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What's Cole Michaels doing in the Dynamite Zone???

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He’s lucky that impact doesn’t shoot at a theme park anymore, he couldn’t get on the rides

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What's the status on reDRagon's contracts? Didn't they get signed at the same time as Cole? It'd be cool to see them do another New Japan run.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I can't help but feel if WWE lets Cole walk their edict is to let AEW possibly overextend through sheer weight.

It makes sense in a sheer overloading the roster way.

It makes no sense in a WWE has no one to pick up the slack of letting them walk.

Please just release all of NXT UK so the UK scene can bounce back.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Lid posted:

I can't help but feel if WWE lets Cole walk their edict is to let AEW possibly overextend through sheer weight.

If this is their actual strategy it seems like a bad one to me

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

What a ten days it’s been

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lid posted:

It makes sense in a sheer overloading the roster way.

It makes no sense in a WWE has no one to pick up the slack of letting them walk.

Please just release all of NXT UK so the UK scene can bounce back.

aew is better at using and rotating their guys than wwe has ever been, and aew isnt gonna sign all these dudes so hopefully other places will pick them up and be bigger deals because of it. wwe cutting big names and popular acts will only hurt them, but hopefully raise the stock of wrestling companies outside of wwe.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

after Rampage gets going it'll be easier than ever to cycle through people, especially as guys get burned out/hurt/need breaks, or want to do excursions in PWG/Impact/Japan/other indies as a constant possibility. The sheer fact that most of them can still do indie stuff alone is a guarantee people working in AEW will likely be happier and always have other avenues to play with. So if the strategy employed here is "lol let them sign everyone, get bloated, and explode" then I gotta say it's a really stupid loving strategy.

without a 2nd show/permission to pursue work with other feds, it would maybe be a realistic scenario. But as of right now---and especially with the recent stuff happening in Impact and PWG--it doesn't seem like thing will get stale if people sign with AEW.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I know TEW isn't real life, but I gotta say, the scenario I play most often is a current day real world database, where I'm creating a new promotion, and I'm slotting in just below the Impact level, about at NWA's size, and trying to grow, and when I can afford to sign popular WWE guys, that's when I'm really able to grow quickly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Generico posted:

I know TEW isn't real life

Tell that to Tony Khan

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

after Rampage gets going it'll be easier than ever to cycle through people, especially as guys get burned out/hurt/need breaks, or want to do excursions in PWG/Impact/Japan/other indies as a constant possibility. The sheer fact that most of them can still do indie stuff alone is a guarantee people working in AEW will likely be happier and always have other avenues to play with. So if the strategy employed here is "lol let them sign everyone, get bloated, and explode" then I gotta say it's a really stupid loving strategy.

without a 2nd show/permission to pursue work with other feds, it would maybe be a realistic scenario. But as of right now---and especially with the recent stuff happening in Impact and PWG--it doesn't seem like thing will get stale if people sign with AEW.

as long as aew is allowing people to actually take outside dates as well as using them often enough the wrestlers should be getting paid a decent amount i think. That's just doing whatever indies every week or so. if we're including the ones doing impact or njpw, specially new japan, the guys in aew would hopefully be making a decent living as long as all the promotions get along well unlike wwe. It is still amazing AEW and NJPW smoothed things out sooner than i think a lot of people expected.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Adam Cole going over to AEW would be loving enormous right? like Bryan Danielson and CM Punk are big, but this would be the NXT Champion, the direct competition for the better part of a year and a half jumping ship

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hefty Leftist posted:

Adam Cole going over to AEW would be loving enormous right? like Bryan Danielson and CM Punk are big, but this would be the NXT Champion, the direct competition for the better part of a year and a half jumping ship

It wouldn't be Bryan Danielson or CM Punk big, but it would definitely look like a top guy leaving the sinking ship.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

It wouldn't be Bryan Danielson or CM Punk big, but it would definitely look like a top guy leaving the sinking ship.

that's the quality i think makes it bigger in some ways. Adam Cole is one of NXT's biggest stars, assets and longest reigining champion throughout the period where NXT was directly competing with AEW. it's a really huge sign that WWE is just completely failing to the wider public

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the wider public doesnt know who the gently caress adam cole is lmao

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

HerraS posted:

the wider public doesnt know who the gently caress adam cole is lmao

it's still real to me drat it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sucks that the third man is spoiled now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too late to fix thge term foot stomp. don't look at it

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

too late to fix thge term foot stomp. don't look at it
he is stomping with his foot. it's ok. good even.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If you’re in WWE and feeling like the grass is greener in AEW I imagine you’re getting pretty anxious about missing the boat with all these big signings right now

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hefty Leftist posted:

that's the quality i think makes it bigger in some ways. Adam Cole is one of NXT's biggest stars, assets and longest reigining champion throughout the period where NXT was directly competing with AEW. it's a really huge sign that WWE is just completely failing to the wider public

I'm almost convinced that Cole is leaving but mainly because we're about due for another Humiliation for Loser Hunter and losing his golden boy would be p lolworthy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

Nah, I'd say it's more along the lines of Sean Waltman or Chris Jericho leaving WCW for WWF during the Attitude Era. Neither were Hogan or Savage level big name departures, but ended up being pivotal defections more for what they represented.

Christ, it's like TERFs and their one joke.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Everyone who likes or dislikes the Adam Cole jokes needs to post how tall they are for a project I’m working on