Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Andrast posted:

Tech X seems to have a lot of variance. Sometimes it's amazing and sometimes it just makes things worse.

Tech X + Monstro's Lung = room clearing shotgun blast of laser rings.

Volt Catfish posted:

I have a new least favorite item: Marked

Marked on the other hand is an interesting idea that is utter garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
You know whats really poo poo Tech X + Soy Milk just got that from a d6 room. You can shoot rings like a machine gun if you hammer fire but they still do garbage damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aww did they fix using We Need to Go Deeper on The Chest to bring you to another chest?

Also Bumbo is quite good but be careful if you've got a lot of bomb upgrades. He likes to drop lives one often, and sometimes not even when you're fighting something.

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's bugged. (Despite some people thinking it's fixed.) It's supposed to fire 30 tears per second, which doubles Isaac's DPS, but is actually capped at 15 tears per second, meaning that it's always a DPS downgrade unless you have Libra or Explosivo.

Yeah Soy Milk with Explosivo is quite good.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

RatHat posted:

Also Bumbo is quite good but be careful if you've got a lot of bomb upgrades. He likes to drop lives one often, and sometimes not even when you're fighting something.

Unless you're a Pyromaniac where it wraps back around to awesome again :)

One of my latest runs I had curse of the tower + safety scissors. Whenever I got hit, ton of free bombs!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

BJPaskoff posted:

Either Undefined got patched so it can no longer teleport you to the Error Room in The Chest, or I got exceedingly unlucky with 30+ batteries. I just wanted to do The Chest over and over until Dad's Key spawned. :(

Far as I can tell error rooms straight out don't exist on the chest/dark room now, because being able to infinitely loop the end floor for giggles was too much fun I guess. Even using teleport 2.0 with the floor completely cleared including the devil deal room, can't force you into one.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 24, 2015

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Zark the Damned posted:

One of my latest runs I had curse of the tower + safety scissors. Whenever I got hit, ton of free bombs!

My last was pyro+curse of the tower+midas touch+sad bombs. Don't care, gently caress this game, just run straight into every enemy all the way to the lamb.

I was a little salty about starting (as eden) with pretty much the worst tears stats possible.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is the host hat bugged with azazel or something, I got it and now even after letting go of the fire button at full charge I don't shoot the brimstone beam.

Saigyouji posted:

It's got a new unlock method. You have to die in a sacrifice room with the Missing Poster now.

I can't tell if you're making this up or not.

senrath posted:

Yeah, apparently Edmund only considers a room "unavoidable damage" if the damage will always happen no matter what stats and/or items you have. Those spike rooms are totally fine because you definitely can always dodge the spikes with enough skill :jerkbag:

Mask of Infamy is also pretty dumb

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 24, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bumbo is alright in my books since he killed the Hush for me when I was hiding and being a stone statue as the lost.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Anatharon posted:

I can't tell if you're making this up or not.

They're serious. That is actually the new unlock method. You can't use seeds to do that one though, so you have to find the Missing Poster on a regular run.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RatHat posted:

Yeah Soy Milk with Explosivo is quite good.

Chocolate Milk + Explosivo is hilarious. "Oh god, how big is it gonna get?" :gonk:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Andrast posted:

Bumbo is alright in my books since he killed the Hush for me when I was hiding and being a stone statue as the lost.

I was about to give up on fighting Hush as the Lost(on that run) but then I found a Chaos card. Easiest Hush ever.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's bugged. (Despite some people thinking it's fixed.) It's supposed to fire 30 tears per second, which doubles Isaac's DPS, but is actually capped at 15 tears per second, meaning that it's always a DPS downgrade unless you have Libra or Explosivo.

didn't this get fixed at some point? or no?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Dr. Fetus posted:

lmao

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

VineST posted:

didn't this get fixed at some point? or no?

The devs CLAIMED they fixed it. They actually didn't, as people who actually tested it for themselves found out.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Fetus posted:

The devs CLAIMED they fixed it. They actually didn't, as people who actually tested it for themselves found out.

What a bunch of loving clowns. Hell, I bet they do that instead of fixing their own game.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

Zark the Damned posted:

Bumbo helped win a Hush run for me. Had Sad Bombs + The item that makes your bombs drop bombs + curse of the tower + pyromaniac + max level bumbo. Not only that, but I had Cricket's Body and the weird chemical thing.

It was a glorious non-stop barrage of explosions carpetting the entire arena in toxic green goo.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

They're serious. That is actually the new unlock method. You can't use seeds to do that one though, so you have to find the Missing Poster on a regular run.
I got Mom's Box on a run and farmed trinkets from it.

Didn't get missing poster until the Womb, at which point I stopped seeing sacrifice rooms :negative:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Whoops.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jibo posted:

Whoops.

No Hard Boss Rush.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I didn't have hardmode Eden Satan and Dark Room completion marks, and none of the new ones, either. Time to get to the Dark Room!
So i started an Eden run where i started with Chocolate Milk - neat! Then found Book of Revelations and got meat cube, also neat!
Didn't find any damage items, though, so when my very first devil room was Krampus and i didn't even get Lump of Coal, i was kinda starting to feel my anemic output in the caves. Relied a lot on my meat cube (which i upgraded to lv 2 in the caves).

Then, of course, i get an Angel Room on Caves 1. :what: With... Sacred Heart :aaa:
Okay, time to get to Mega Satan, then! Did the trick where i quit and reload the game to bomb the Angel Statue again, to guarantee getting the key. You never know if you'll see another Angel Room again. (Guess what the only thing i'd be seeing for the rest of the run was - yep, Angel Rooms)
I then picked up the Sad Onion and some Tears Up pills, the Dead Onion for extra Bigness and giant piercing spectral tears, then got Shielded Tears for good measure and to completely trivialize the Mom's Heart fight. With just under a second of charge time, my tears were p. fukken big, piercing and homing. Easy cruising.

Best part, when i got to Hush one of the golden chests had the D20 and the shop had Sackboy. :haw:
Ten minutes of rerolls and a shitton of golden chest items later, i had picked up some nice damage items, became Guppy, had visited another Angel Room on the blue womb via Joker card (Holy Mantle, yoink), got myself a Chaos Card for extra easy Hush and added Death's Touch to my already enormous tears for gigantic slowly spinning scythes.

But then, when i got to the Dark Room... i finally made an almost lethal mistake. Oh hey, Proptosis from a chest! I have enough range, let's see how hilariously big my tears can get! Answer, room-wide. THEN, i picked up Fire Mind.

Well

Did you know, that Firemind explosions occur whenever the edge of your giant room-filling spectral piercing tear clips the edge of an enemy
Did you ALSO know that Firemind explosions are the same size as your tear

Literally, unavoidable self-inflicted damage on every room. Shoot a tear, you instantly explode. And everything else, to be fair. If i hadn't picked up Holy Mantle from that Angel Room before, i wouldn't even have made it through the Dark Room, and that would have been real embarrassing after even opening the Mega Satan door...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

man pills are in such a sorry state even the phd isn't worth getting

also rag man is kind of a poo poo if you get him on the very first floor and the first floor item sucked

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Rag Man is poo poo regardless.

I think Little Horn is the only new boss I enjoy fighting.
Forsaken is alright too, definitely better than the Haunt.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like Forsaken in the boss rush because his laser wipes out the other boss.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The forsaken spawns skeletons

i'd rather fight double haunt

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
He spawns 1 at the start and you have plenty of time to kill it before he spawns another.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Angel room spawns replace devil rooms, right? So I have to continue to earn devil rooms (not take red heart damage) on floors after my initial devil deal in order for angel rooms to have a chance to replace the devil room?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

graynull posted:

Angel room spawns replace devil rooms, right? So I have to continue to earn devil rooms (not take red heart damage) on floors after my initial devil deal in order for angel rooms to have a chance to replace the devil room?

Yep.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Correct. The first time a devil door appears, it cannot be an angel room. If you go into that devil room and leave without buying anything, every devil room thereafter will have a 50% chance to be an angel room until such a time as you do make a purchase from the devil, at which point angel rooms cease to appear for the rest of the run. That 50% chance can be increased by various means such as putting money into donation machines and holding certain holy items.

Note that if it's key pieces you're after you can get both from a single angel room. Just defeat the angel, grab the piece, quit continue, and a new statue will have replaced the missing one.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I see people are starting to finish 1001% and I'm not clear on what I am missing. I have 275/276 secrets (1001% being the missing one I assume) and my item total is 438. I don't see any blank spots on my item list unless I am missing one. Is that the right number?

I've also completed all post-its on hard and finished every challenge.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
438 is all of em. I have no idea what you're missing.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
My only guess at this point is I got them all before the patch that fixed the achievement and it somehow did not retroactively give it to me.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

13/f/cali posted:

My only guess at this point is I got them all before the patch that fixed the achievement and it somehow did not retroactively give it to me.

Yeah, if you met the requirements before the patch came out, you can't currently get 1001%.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
XXXXXL is by far the most unfun 1-2 hours I ever spent with this game. "Look guys, let me show you just this once what this game would have been like if I completely hosed rewards pacing beyond all sanity! It'll be fun, I promise!"

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Toadsmash posted:

XXXXXL is by far the most unfun 1-2 hours I ever spent with this game. "Look guys, let me show you just this once what this game would have been like if I completely hosed rewards pacing beyond all sanity! It'll be fun, I promise!"

At least it's easy. Most of the challenges are an unfun 1-2 hours for far different reasons.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Saigyouji posted:

Yeah, if you met the requirements before the patch came out, you can't currently get 1001%.

Amazing. I mean, it doesn't really matter but that still feels like a letdown.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
pictured: a thing that can happen

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Got Hush down to 20% as keeper and then died to a stray bullet from being careless. gently caress me

Anyone have any tips for this?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Update: Had a chaos card, got shot twice in the same second by a laser eyeball against It Lives. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

nerdbot posted:

At least it's easy. Most of the challenges are an unfun 1-2 hours for far different reasons.

I really hate that some items are unnecessarily locked behind mind numbingly awful challenges. Lost items too. gently caress playing as the Lost. Nothings more fun than rerolling for a devil room dead cat then praying for a shield for an hour and a half before you even get to start the run that you'll inevitably lose due to random inevitable damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Well, the Lost got a lot better if you're willing to sit through Greed mode long enough to unlock him starting with the Holy Mantle.