Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Hey welcome to the incest joke thread how nice of you to stop by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm..Er...Normal.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
TIme to gas this bad boy.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

I’ve got one for you all: I’m the stupidest motherfucker in the world

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

I'm playing Dragon Quest 11 right now and I'm mostly enjoying it but holy moly is it long. I think I'm somewhere near the end of act II and I'm something like 60-70 hours into the game. Some of that might be time while my Switch was on and I wasn't actively playing, and it's possible I'm just farting around excessively, but even accounting for that it's a lot of game. How long is the third act, compared to the first two? (I would assume there's not a fourth act... dear lord)

edit: sorry, didn't mean to interrupt... whatever the hell is happening here rn

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Please post about dq11, an epic game, as opposed to the weird guy's bad posts.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm playing Dragon Quest 11 right now and I'm mostly enjoying it but holy moly is it long. I think I'm somewhere near the end of act II and I'm something like 60-70 hours into the game. Some of that might be time while my Switch was on and I wasn't actively playing, and it's possible I'm just farting around excessively, but even accounting for that it's a lot of game. How long is the third act, compared to the first two? (I would assume there's not a fourth act... dear lord)

It's shorter, because you have Zoom the whole time, but still substantial.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

It's shorter, because you have Zoom the whole time, but still substantial.

Good to know. I'm gonna play it either way because I have been enjoying the game so far, it's mostly a question of whether I wanna take a break and play something else for a while. I honestly thought I'd give up on the game at some point since I'd heard it was quite long, and I kinda go back and forth on whether DQ games are too basic and a little boring, or charming and nostalgic and great. So far 11 has fallen on the charming/great side of that spectrum, I like the characters a lot (Sylvando is just the best). I could take or leave some of the extra stuff, I'm obsessed with finding all the forging recipes but then end up not even making all the gear sometimes for whatever reason, and I don't care much about filling out the bestiary. I really like the Tickington bits, especially for the other DQ games I've played, they're a cute touch.

NBA FAN !!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2002

Mb on leading off page w post about bad posts. The end of Act 2 in DQ 11 is a great place to place to to take a break for a lot of reasons so maybe finish it and see how you’re feeling

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Having finally beaten Xenoblade 2 I was surprised they didn't make the Grampa in the gang a pervert, a la Master Roshi. The gang already has a pervert, so it would have been redundant.

Edit: Too far.

i am on my hands and knees begging you to stop being so loving weird all the time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm going to purge the last page from the jedi archives

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

with how long it takes for a new mainline Dragon Quest.
they should start making remasters of the earlier games. Would love a modern DQ7-8 remake to bite into

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They already have though

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dragon Quest 3-HD is scheduled to come out sometime never.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GateOfD posted:

they should start making remasters of the earlier games. Would love a modern DQ7-8 remake to bite into

Got a 3DS?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Morpheus posted:

Played too many jrpgs

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Having finally beaten Xenoblade 2 I was surprised they didn't make the Grampa in the gang a pervert, a la Master Roshi. The gang already has a pervert, so it would have been redundant.

Edit: Too far.

why do you post like this.

anyhow rpgs are pretty cool, imo
its the year of the rpg baby!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have not been playing RPGs sorry. Unless Resident Evil counts.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Feels Villeneuve posted:

resident evil playing games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Oh hells yea

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

extremely misleading, do not troll

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GateOfD posted:

what do you want out of a remake that differs from the ps1/ps2/3ds versions?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I freaking hate trolls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looper posted:

extremely misleading, do not troll

If Undertale counts, RE Gaiden counters. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

what do you want out of a remake that differs from the ps1/ps2/3ds versions?

Being able to play on not decades old systems

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

NBA FAN !!!!!!! posted:

Hey welcome to the incest joke thread how nice of you to stop by

working on one about me being scared of bugs and how incest sounds like insects, will be sure to post in the thread when i figure it out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have been playing rpgs all year. since i didn't like kurohyou i'm hoping i will enjoy ishin more, when i play it next month.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sakurazuka posted:

Citra runs them better than the 3ds and can be run on most toaster ovens nowadays

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

umm the 3ds is NOT decades old

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Snooze Cruise posted:

working on one about me being scared of bugs and how incest sounds like insects, will be sure to post in the thread when i figure it out

let not the royal bed of Denmark be a couch for insects

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Decade

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I took a detour to play Control, it's kind of an RPG

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MechaX posted:

I want to take a guess at this

Melfice and Valmar Core?

Had to double check names, but yes.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

objectively, is Sephiroth bad guy? other than the one or two mean things he did

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

Yes, he wants to murder the planet and drink its juices

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

GateOfD posted:

he keeps taunting cloud with instant noodles

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

MockingQuantum posted:

I'm playing Dragon Quest 11 right now and I'm mostly enjoying it but holy moly is it long. I think I'm somewhere near the end of act II and I'm something like 60-70 hours into the game. Some of that might be time while my Switch was on and I wasn't actively playing, and it's possible I'm just farting around excessively, but even accounting for that it's a lot of game.

I've been watching a friend play through the Dragon Quest series and its thrown me a little how short and breezy most of them have been. He finished up DQ5 not too long ago, and while that was a longer title it was still quite a bit shorter than most Final Fantasy games.

It's kind of a shame that didn't keep.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GateOfD posted:

his brain is kind of melted down to the point he barely has a sense of self and he's completely fixated on killing the planet. crisis core kinda makes the situation around characters like him and genesis a bit more sympathetic but seph is too far gone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I do think one interesting thing about Sephiroth is that Jenova brainworming its way into his mind still takes time to completely break him. His initial mindset is "Shinra loving sucks, they are killing the planet, I will reunite with mother and save the planet by killing all the bad humans" and it's only down the line he gets fully corrupted into "I WILL CRACK THE PLANET AND DEVOUR IT, MOTHER" Sephiroth.

He's absolutely too far gone but it kind of emphasizes that Jenova didn't just flip a switch, it needed a moment of weakness and a plausible excuse to break him. I think that goes a good way towards making Jenova scarier than it would be otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jenova is a good villain because I understand its goals to destroy the planet and feast on its innards before launching its spores into space.

Probably one of the more sympathetic villains I can think of off the top of my head. Lavos too.