Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Scipiotik posted:

The company making it is known for bugs and constantly changing the meta to force people to spend money.

I didn't realize it was going to be what it was even lol, oh well. Archero's pretty good but boy your character's hitbox is gigantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zarlog posted:

Buriedbornes: i don't fully understand labs yet. If i stick one on my character, is it permanent or can i remove it when something better comes along?
Sort of. It costs (soulstones?) to add and remove parts, but there's a tiny microtransaction that is absolutely worth it which removes the cost, so you can add and remove them for free as often as you like.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sort of. It costs (soulstones?) to add and remove parts, but there's a tiny microtransaction that is absolutely worth it which removes the cost, so you can add and remove them for free as often as you like.

Oh awesome! Got it, I'm glad it was only $3, and it killed the ads too. Thanks for that tip, I never would have thought about buying gold shards if you hadn't told me about it.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Zarlog posted:

Buriedbornes: i don't fully understand labs yet. If i stick one on my character, is it permanent or can i remove it when something better comes along?

You can remove them, but there's a cost in doing so. If you're enjoying the game, consider spending a couple bucks to buy the remove lab costs option. Spending any money on this game has the added benefit of removing ads as well.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bandire posted:

You can remove them, but there's a cost in doing so. If you're enjoying the game, consider spending a couple bucks to buy the remove lab costs option. Spending any money on this game has the added benefit of removing ads as well.

Yes, everyone playing this should spend the 3 bux, as it is basic functionality and removes the ads forever.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it did. They adjusted the balance for Sydney and above. The mobs have more health and everything costs more to upgrade.

Oh gez they really did. I went from Arizona floor 30 to Sydney floor 30. And that is with a whole new artifact and +200% total damage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shwqa posted:

Oh gez they really did. I went from Arizona floor 30 to Sydney floor 30. And that is with a whole new artifact and +200% total damage.

Can't wait to grind out to Sydney level 60 eight times a day to get a new artifact.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I'm enjoying Archero a lot, so thanks for bringing it up! Is there something I should be using my gems on?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm enjoying Archero a lot, so thanks for bringing it up! Is there something I should be using my gems on?

Apparently the cost of chests is reduced by 30 if you buy them consecutively twice, so you should save 840 gems to buy three obsidian chests.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
...huh. Energy doesn't seem to accumulate in Archero if it's running in the background. I had to restart the app to get it to show the correct amount.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Just FYI for Archero: Bosses are randomly assigned. You can quit out of a boss fight, and come back to a different boss. Really useful for cheesing past that awful jumping tree boss in zone 4.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't realize it was going to be what it was even lol, oh well. Archero's pretty good but boy your character's hitbox is gigantic

the hitbox is weird, sometimesi think im in the clear and get tagged and other times the shots seem to go straight through me

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

overseer07 posted:

Just FYI for Archero: Bosses are randomly assigned. You can quit out of a boss fight, and come back to a different boss. Really useful for cheesing past that awful jumping tree boss in zone 4.

Wait you can quit a boss fight? So I never have to fight that awful tornado guy in zone two ever again?!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

holy lol, through the wall is the best devil deal

e: okay, i've just died from hubris. it's not the invincibility i thought it was as those stupid bombermen explosives will still hit you. preeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure non AOE projectiles won't though

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 31, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have a really hard time with enemies who lob things. I feel like I can never get out of the way. Some projectiles are fine, but those flying-skull-bomb-throwers can gently caress right off.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Leaf posted:

I have a really hard time with enemies who lob things. I feel like I can never get out of the way. Some projectiles are fine, but those flying-skull-bomb-throwers can gently caress right off.

Oh my god, same. Especially the ones that leave the flame patches. :argh:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

my experience is enough projectiles/enemies and i'm probably going to be hit by something, unless there's a noticeable delay between some of them. put down two rock tossers and a couple other types and it's too much

worst boss is the splitter, if you have front arrows, multishot, and ricochet you'll melt it fine but otherwise unless you run around carefully or get lucky with autotarget you'll split it too much to avoid taking hits. the tornado and jumping tree are both very manageable at extreme ranges

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
theres various enemies that fire projectiles that can pass through walls, i assume they will hit you if you are standing in a wall.

one thing ive noticed is it seems you get a guaranteed devil if you kill a boss without taking a hit. worth keeping in mind if youve already bargained your health down a bit or if you wnat to try and get your 5 daily spins from the lucky wheel done

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I get hit the most when there is a bunch of seed shooters screened with swarm assholes. I'm so busy trying to keep bats or whatever at bay that I ignore the projectiles

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

quite stretched out posted:

5 daily spins from the lucky wheel done

What's this about?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

one thing ive noticed is it seems you get a guaranteed devil if you kill a boss without taking a hit.

Yep.

This game is all about learning your enemies. Skeletons and laser eyes in 5 are ridiculous. I sorta feel like 5 is where the paywall starts, but learning patterns is still key.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Man, I really want this D&D game to be good, but it is just nakedly an awful cash grab in every way. Boo.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Man, I really want this mobile game to be good, but it is just nakedly an awful cash grab in every way. Boo.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Man, I really want this D&D game to be good, but it is just nakedly an awful cash grab in every way. Boo.

What game is this?

mem
Sep 1, 2005

NinjaDebugger posted:

What game is this?

Warriors of Waterdeep.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

hooah posted:

What's this about?

on killing bosses, either the lucky wheel or the devil will appear. after you spin the lucky wheel and get your tokens/perk/heal you're offered a chance to watch a video to get a spin of a wheel that has tokens and gems in hte slots, you get 5 of those spins a day.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

on killing bosses, either the lucky wheel or the devil will appear. after you spin the lucky wheel and get your tokens/perk/heal you're offered a chance to watch a video to get a spin of a wheel that has tokens and gems in hte slots, you get 5 of those spins a day.

Oh, ok. I haven't doing those because gently caress ads, but this game is enjoyable enough that I should probably help the devs out.

I couldn't figure out how to quit a boss, though, whoever mentioned that. Nothing in th pause menu looks applicable.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

hooah posted:

Oh, ok. I haven't doing those because gently caress ads, but this game is enjoyable enough that I should probably help the devs out.

I couldn't figure out how to quit a boss, though, whoever mentioned that. Nothing in th pause menu looks applicable.

the same way you'd kill an app. when you reload the game it will ask if you want to resume your progress

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vulpes posted:

Seems lacking depth. Is there any content beyond just the progression stages? I didn't hang around long enough to find out.

I've played it up to lvl 4 and it's pretty shallow on top of a terrible equipment system where you cannot compare things it's awkward to workout what's happening. Arena is also a bit of a joke, I only have 5 dudes who are all lvl 4 and most of my Arena fights are against all lvl 1 dudes for some reason.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

hooah posted:

But why wouldn't you want to watch the same ad for the game RAID over and over again?

I swear all some of these ads do is make me despise whatever they're advertising.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

hooah posted:

Wait you can quit a boss fight? So I never have to fight that awful tornado guy in zone two ever again?!

For tornado boss: if you stand against a corner and don't move, very few tornadoes will hit you cause they tend to hit a wall instead.

New Leaf posted:

But why wouldn't you want to watch the same ad for the game RAID over and over again?

I swear all some of these ads do is make me despise whatever they're advertising.

Same but AFK arena

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Mine is for some Tetris clone. At the very least it's calming to watch.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

and the claw won! posted:

For tornado boss: if you stand against a corner and don't move, very few tornadoes will hit you cause they tend to hit a wall instead.

Same but AFK arena

SAVE or KILL?

-save-

YOU HAVE GAINED 60 LEVELS

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Level 1 Girl
Level 15 Girlfriend
Level 99 Wife

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
That's how mafia works

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

explosivo posted:

SAVE or KILL?

-save-

YOU HAVE GAINED 60 LEVELS

It's amazing because AFK Arena is decent (I enjoy it, mostly because it's lightweight and the art style is fun. I've spent a grand total of $1 on the game) but they love doing ads that have absolutely no connection to what the game is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dragongem posted:

It's amazing because AFK Arena is decent (I enjoy it, mostly because it's lightweight and the art style is fun. I've spent a grand total of $1 on the game) but they love doing ads that have absolutely no connection to what the game is.

This is 90% of game ads

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I have seen 3 different ads for AFK Arena and none of them showed the same gameplay as any of the others.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

I have seen 3 different ads for AFK Arena and none of them showed the same gameplay as any of the others.

I'm tempted to download it just to find out what this game actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

just got on buriedbornes, killed the ancient king, and now it's asking me if i wanna register for karma, should i? dunno what it does

edit : got impatient and said yes, it turns out to be some sort of pvp mode where you fight other buriedbornes (player data i guess?)

Artelier fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 31, 2019