Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Imagine dating someone for a year and it's starting to get serious. You then find out they're a shook rear end bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I was thinking the gf called the cops and was pointing them to where she planted something. The whole thing is weird. Don't cooperate with cops ever.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yo if someone tries to get the fascist boot put on your throat you're at least allowed to throw a real boot at them, right?

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

teardrop posted:

The point isn’t that a lock can stop an assault team with breaching charges from stealing your stuff, because that doesn’t happen in real life. The point is that you avoid becoming a target because there is a type of opportunistic criminal that won’t take a fire axe to a random door but will try a bunch of doorknobs in passing. Testing doors is no risk because they can say a friend invited them over and they thought this was the house. The problem is if they see something to steal and get caught taking it, or see a sleeping woman, they may commit more crimes than just theft. Crimes which could have been prevented by locking the drat door in the first place to keep them out, the literal purpose of the door. Do you take the guards off your saw also to make it lighter?

I think your miss understanding the sticks, there are no criminals that try a bunch of doorknobs because there is only one house ever 5 miles at best. You don't get robbed by some guy walking down the street looking for an easy target you get robbed by 2-3 guys in a pickup track with a bed full of tools who hit every house that doesn't have a car in the driveway on a 50 mile stretch of road. Yah totally if you anywhere with anything that can be considered a population density or if you just don't feel comfortable lock your doors. However, when your closest neighbors wouldn't be able to tell if someone blew up your house with giant cartoon barrels of gun powder your 2-inch deadbolt in a wood framed door isn't going to stop anyone or really even slow them down.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
My post that destroying the Hitler painting had been a good act was removed for "encouraging violence"

Reddit mods are literally Nazis

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ad090 posted:

My [29m] girlfriend [24f] tried to throw me under the bus when the police searched my house

Dump your garbage girlfriend.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pinecone Sample posted:

My post that destroying the Hitler painting had been a good act was removed for "encouraging violence"

Reddit mods are literally Nazis

Why do you post on the Nazi-forums, Nazi?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Hagop posted:

I think your miss understanding the sticks, there are no criminals that try a bunch of doorknobs because there is only one house ever 5 miles at best. You don't get robbed by some guy walking down the street looking for an easy target you get robbed by 2-3 guys in a pickup track with a bed full of tools who hit every house that doesn't have a car in the driveway on a 50 mile stretch of road. Yah totally if you anywhere with anything that can be considered a population density or if you just don't feel comfortable lock your doors. However, when your closest neighbors wouldn't be able to tell if someone blew up your house with giant cartoon barrels of gun powder your 2-inch deadbolt in a wood framed door isn't going to stop anyone or really even slow them down.

None of which applies if you're living in a small town, the actual subject at hand.

Locks may or may not deter burglars but they will definitely deter drunks wandering in.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Hagop posted:

drat redneck catburglars! :argh:

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Straight White Shark posted:

None of which applies if you're living in a small town, the actual subject at hand.

Locks may or may not deter burglars but they will definitely deter drunks wandering in.
There's no such thing as a lock that can stop a drunk person, idiot. There no such thing as a lock that can stop anything, everyone knows that the only effective detterent to crime is being sure that nothing bad will happen

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Hagop posted:

I think your miss understanding the sticks

Sick auto correct.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Why close the front door at all?

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I knew the doors and windows off my house to show how not racist I am.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for telling a woman of color to be careful walking in the dark

quote:

Last night in my city it was cloudy with no moonlight shining. I was leaving a parking lot to turn onto a busy street when I saw a dark form in front of my car crossing the path I was just about to drive through. I hit the brakes, which is good, because otherwise I would have hit this person. There are few street lights in this area. When the person got nearer my car, I saw it was a woman of color holding a grocery bag in one hand and talking on the phone. She was wearing black pants, a black jacket, and dark shoes. I rolled down my window, called her over and she walked up to my car smiling. I said, “Hi, I just want to tell you to be careful walking along this busy road. I almost didn’t see because you’re wearing all that black.” She immediately lost the smile and said to me in an unfriendly tone, “Well, I don’t have money to buy new clothes and I have to get my groceries home.” I started to tell her to just make sure to stay away from the edge of the road, but she cut me off to say, “You’re not taking me home, are you? I’m going to miss my bus,” in a super mean voice, and then strolled away. When I looked in my rear view mirror, I could barely see only the light grocery sack. I could not see her at all in the dark.

No one called me an a-hole, but I felt like one when I drove off and wondered if what i said was somehow offensive enough that IATA?

I’m truly at a loss for words with how goddamn inept this person is.

Like I get being friendly and “hey be safe!”, but rolling down your window to talk to a woman you do not know in the dark is loving terrifying please do not ever do it.

Indicating that she isn’t white is the loving cherry on top.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Edit: missed a bit, too dark

Piell fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 3, 2019

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Criminal sodomy? Uhhh.....

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Twelve Batmans posted:

Why do you post on the Nazi-forums, Nazi?

He was just following orders subreddit guidelines!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wish we could go back to the halcyon days of punching all dogs.

AITA for being pissed at my parents?

quote:

Context- I am 27, I have three other sisters. Oldest is 36, she and I are my mother's kids but not stepdad's. We have two younger siblings, 16 and 19, that are my mom and stepdad's, that still live with them.

The issue: Oldest and I are grown. Mom didn't marry stepdad until I was 4 and she 13. But since then, youngest two siblings have gotten the best of the best. One currently goes to a private school for $500 a month, another has two horses and a purebred German Shepherd, a new car, and gets her nails done every two weeks on the dot so she doesn't bite them. Both of course still live at home and neither have a job. I was told at 16 to get a job and paid my own gas and school lunches since then.

Oldest makes good money now, having not had children and gotten an RN degree, but I am a single mother and am flat broke. Choosing between medicine and food broke. I work full time and go to school but I don't qualify for any government assistance so I struggle every single day.

I just think to myself how unfair it is that our younger sisters get everything they could ever want and if my parents have so much money they could help me out. My mom says most of the extravagant expenses are my stepdad's doing so I also feel like they are being favored.

I know I'm probably being petty. What do you think?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Palate cleanser.

How do I (21M) tell my gf (20F) that I have changed

quote:

The standard people know my reddit so I made an alt

So basically when I started dating my girlfriend I was honestly a scum bag, I treated women horribly I only cared about my head count and getting with as many women as possible. However all this changes when I started dating my gf, she is honestly the best thing to ever happen to me. She turned around my life, I stopped trying to fool around with women, I started getting serious with our relationship. She even made me a better person a lot more empathetic, caring and kind towards others.

Sorry if this was a rant basically what I want to ask is how can I tell my gf thanks for making me want to change for wanting to be a better person.

TLDR: how can I tell my gf thanks for making me want to be better

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Darkrenown posted:

The context of the story was "Woman doesn't realise couple are trying to get her in a threesome". You popped in to say something along the lines of "I was in a similar situation with my boss and a coworker and it was not about sex, so it's silly to worry about!" which I found odd when you had just been talking about being uncomfortable about a couple trying to get you in a threesome. Like you're dismissing that such a thing could happen while also posting about a very similar thing happening to you.
I definitely wasn't dismissing that such a thing could happen -- of course there are tons of predatory shitheads everywhere. I was saying that she wasn't doing anything wrong by going to the celebratory dinner because that does happen in totally normal, appropriate situations, too. It wouldn't have been silly to worry if she did worry (if, for example, she was getting weird vibes from her boss), I was saying the dinner wouldn't necessarily have set off red flags, as it didn't for me in my similar, perfectly professional work situation. It wasn't like she was a moron for not being worried.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

I wish we could go back to the halcyon days of punching all dogs.

AITA for being pissed at my parents?

My parents were making a lot more money when my youngest siblings were being raised, too. Thems the breaks :shrug:

Piell posted:

My ex-husband kidnapped our son, and now I found mugshots showing him in jail with felony charges. He has primary custody, how do I get my child?

quote:

redacted

Jesus, dude.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

Palate cleanser.

How do I (21M) tell my gf (20F) that I have changed

Use your words, idiot.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The way my [21F] BF [23M] treats his mother concerns me but I can't tell if it's a cultural barrier.

quote:

I've been dating my BF for about 2 months now. Everything about him is amazing, I love him a lot and he treats me better than I thought anyone ever could.

The thing is, he speaks to his mom in a way than when I first heard it I was like, "Woah, what?" When she calls him (whether that be in person or on the phone, doesn't matter) he answers saying "What?!" in a speak-yell manner in a very exasperated tone, like it's a chore to be talking to her. He's very brief and no matter what they're talking about it's always in the same exasperated way. I've never heard him talk to her nicely.

But, it's not one-sided. She basically talks to him the same way (but in a mom-way I guess?). Like "_____, did you take out the trash?! Yeah, right, of course not. What was I even thinking." Just things like that. It's also just not my BF that talks to her like this, but his sisters as well (21F and 18F). They all speak to her in a way that carries a constant attitude and annoyance. Like the other night, I was at his house, we were sitting in his room while he played xbox and he had his headset in, and the door was open so I could hear what was going on in the kitchen. His youngest sister apparently had to fill something out, but was getting frustrated and just kinda snapped and said to their mom "I'm done! You can fill out the rest, don't call me for the rest of the night" then stormed to her room and slammed the door. Again, his sisters are so sweet and nice (granted, to me). But they all have a decent and close-knit friend group, good grades, etc.

I know a big red-flag is looking out for the way you S.O. treats their parents, but I don't know how it applies here? They are White (Italian and Greek) and I am Asian, I know that if I ever spoke to my mother that way I'd be beaten to within an inch of my life lol. It's also not just their mom, but their dad travels a lot for work so he's not really around the house. I've never heard my BF talk to his dad in the same exasperated way, but I have seen him ignore his dad's phone calls. Also, we were playing a question game once, and one of the questions was like "how would you rate your relationship with your parents?" and he rated it quite high. His mother does also seem like the type to complain a lot (on Easter, she was wearing heels, and while getting ready she kept saying "I sound like a frickin horse stomping around, I swear I'm gonna fall on my rear end with these things.")

TL;DR: My sweet and caring BF talks to his mother like he's ready to start a fight, but his mom talks back in the same way. His sisters also talk to her this way. It blows my mind. Is this a cultural barrier I'm not accustomed to?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

teen witch posted:

AITA for telling a woman of color to be careful walking in the dark

I’m truly at a loss for words with how goddamn inept this person is.

Like I get being friendly and “hey be safe!”, but rolling down your window to talk to a woman you do not know in the dark is loving terrifying please do not ever do it.

Indicating that she isn’t white is the loving cherry on top.

I work the night shift and I run into this all the time. Walking from the parking garage to the building, or sometimes I have to walk between buildings at like 3:30 AM and if I encounter a woman at random during this there's a pretty high chance they're going to get visibly scared and walk away quickly. A couple of times they've literally just run away on sight. Women working alone even inside in a locked building that you need card access to get into will jump so high they'll pretty much hit the ceiling and need a minute to recover if I don't remember to make some kind of noise as I approach and they only realize I'm there when I'm like 5 feet away. It's honestly pretty sad to me, I don't know how you function being that scared all the time.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Beachcomber posted:

The way my [21F] BF [23M] treats his mother concerns me but I can't tell if it's a cultural barrier.

When me and my (Greek) now wife were doing some long distance chats after she went back to her country early on, we did a lot of skyping. I hadn't met her family in person yet.
Anyway I remember one skype call where it sounded like a horrible "call the cops" level domestic dispute or something was going on in the background. She looked calm as can be, but it really sounded kinda scary.
When I asked her what was going on, with a carefree expression on she explained that her parents, and aunts, and uncles ...were playing poker downstairs.

So yes indeed, to answer your question Asian girl, this is a cultural barrier lol.

Grape fucked around with this message at 20:13 on May 3, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
All the same OP

My (22nb) bf (25m) yells at me in his sleep

quote:

He snores, lays half on top of me, and pushes me to the edge of the bed very frequently. I’m a very light sleeper and these things always wake me up and I’m unable to sleep. He’s incredibly deep sleeper. I say “babe can you move over 2 inches please” he either doesn’t reply, grunts in reply, or swears and yells at me.

Last night for 20 minutes I had to repeatedly say his name to try to wake him enough to actually hear my request. Every few times I did this he’d angrily say “what?!?” And id repeat my request. He’d again not reply or say some nonsense.

Or he’d yell. “What the gently caress?!? What the gently caress babe??? Of course when I’m loving comfortable,” and not even move. If he does it’s always angrily, yanking the blankets and turning over, complaining “you know if I lay on this ear (it’s pierced) it’s uncomfortable” and I tell him I didn’t say lay on that ear , just move over a bit. I even tried saying “babe open your eyes and look how close to falling off the bed I am.” He blinks and says nonsense. I’d resign to laying there staring at the ceiling and sigh “ugh please wake up” and he’d even say “funny thing is I’m awake” in a really angry tone. And I’d say “ok could you move over a bit then?” And no. He was asleep the whole time.

I got 3 hours of sleep last night. I always end up going in the other room and sleeping on the floor. Why the other room? Cuz of his snoring.

In the morning he remembers none of it. And he often angry that I left the bed. I tried talking to him about this and saying we gotta do something or I can’t sleep in the bed with you. He said maybe I should have comforted him maybe that would have fixed things. He insisted on this for a while, that I should have done something different. That made me so upset because it’s like I was the one doing wrong ??? But he backed off and said no he didn’t mean that. And said it’s not me causing it. He doesn’t know why

Things like this happen a lot and it’s driving me crazy. I just moved in too

Tl;dr: he has sleep issues, snores and gets too close to me in sleep, yells, swears, talks angrily in sleep/if anything “wakes” him (he never remembers it) and it’s hurting my feelings and keeping me awake nightly

Also today

AITA for not touching bf when he doesn’t shower?

quote:

He goes several days, even a week now without showering. He’s otherwise pretty attractive, but when I know he’s this unclean I just preconsciously am not physically attracted to him. He’s had issues with this for a while because the way the water feels bothers his skin, or something like that. When he does shower and practice hygiene he’s almost physically perfect to me. Otherwise, I just don’t feel it. He feels unappreciated because I’ve not been physically affectionate.

54 days ago

My (22f) boyfriend (25m) expects me to read his mind, spends a lot, is stubborn and possibly bipolar, how can I make this work?

quote:

He struggles to verbalize his feelings and I understand that. But he’ll stew for hours silently about something, and I’m completely unaware that he’s angry until it comes to a boil and we argue. His reply is that I should be able to read his body language to know he’s upset, but it’s definitely not as clear as he thinks.

He also spends on random things he desires for fun (dnd sets, iPad apps) and it adds up to tens or twenties of dollars. We don’t share a bank account or anything but I know he’s spending all only credit and money situation is bad to say the least. Not much income. I try to tell him to second guess his choices and be more thrifty but it doesn’t do anything sometimes because he can be sooo stubborn.

He can be so stubborn and nothing gets through to him at times. He admitted when he gets in a certain mood, trying to talk to him is like talking to a wall. I just want to help and he makes it impossible in those times.

Also just in general sometimes he just talks on and on about stuff and I can’t get a word in. Also he just apparently doesn’t hear me sometimes. It’s very frustrating.

He says he may be bipolar. He’s on different medications helping him wth different mental health issues, which is great. But they can of course affect him unpredictability sometimes and I understand that. It’s just hard for me to deal with.

I Love him. I’ve loved him from afar from ten years and we’ve reunited and started dating again 2 months ago which is a dream come true. But these issues are testing me. I want to be with him always... I want to work on these. I am not just blaming him for everything. I want to be able to work with him. Help?

Tl;dr: Hard for BF to talk about feelings, spends a lot, stubborn af, doesn’t let me talk sometimes, unpredictable moods due to medication... how can I make this work

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Any guy that spends 20s of dollars is trouble.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

She loved him from afar but his odor is just too much up close

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
"I laughed along when she was making fun of my bf and then ignored him when we were having sex, what did I do wrong?"

Threesome gone horribly wrong - might get dumped bc of it
My boyfriend (30M) and I (25F) had a threesome with a girl we met off of tinder. Now it took a while of convincing and trust building for me to agree and become okay with the idea of a threesome. I admit that I haven’t had the best self esteem and I get jealous pretty easily so it was a lot of self reflection, self love, and trust in our relationship and trust in him for me to proceed with searching for a third. Surprisingly I got pretty into it once we started getting matches. I was flattered so many beautiful women thought I was attractive. More and more I got into the idea and even thought it was hot, but in the back of my mind I was always nervous of seeing the moment he penetrates someone else.

Would I flip out? Get extremely jealous? Cry? I didn’t know. But the idea of it bothered me less and less and even turned me on some times. And he loved that I was getting into it, saying that it made me even hotter to him. Anyway, I managed to set up a date with this girl. She and I had matched on my tinder and had been chatting already. And so I already knew some things about her that he didn’t. I let them get acquainted and I thought we were having a great time. It ends up with her back at my place and we’re having the threesome. I got super into it, as it was my first time with a girl.

After the act, he got moody left the room so I followed him. He had said I tried to get her to like me more by joking at his expense and throwing him under the bus. She had been teasing him all night, asking me why I was with him etc. and I would just laugh it off because I thought we were just having a goofy and good time. He said I didn’t stand up for him once. Then when we were having sex, I paid 90% of my attention on her and he felt like the was the third partner. The overall experience for him has been ruined as he said he felt like a third wheel and a boy toy.

I don’t know what to do. He thinks that my actions have been highly inconsiderate to him and are mortally insulting. I keep apologizing because I think I should have stood up for him or asked her to tone down the jokes but I genuinely don’t know what I did wrong during sex. I thought we wanted to focus on her so she’d have a good time and want to see us again. I’m so lost, so confused, and so heartbroken that he thinks I would do this to him on purpose.

What should I do?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
Poor baby bf wasn't the center of attention.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cynic Jester posted:

My (F/25) boyfriend (M/24) has a small penis and I can’t deal with it. Am I shallow?
if he can’t meet her needs that’s his problem, not hers.

why do dudes with small dicks even bother to date? surely they must know they’re inadequate on a basic level

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

tactlessbastard posted:

My parents were making a lot more money when my youngest siblings were being raised, too. Thems the breaks :shrug:

Nah gently caress that, even if the stepdad is the one making tons of money and spending it on his kids, the mum at least should be arguing for them to help out a little bit, especially with children involved (OP is a single mother, and it doesn't sound like her financial situation is through any fault of her own). Like, maybe your grandchildren having both food AND medicine should take priority over that second horse. Yes, even if your new, more important daughter really WANTS a second horse!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

Nah gently caress that, even if the stepdad is the one making tons of money and spending it on his kids, the mum at least should be arguing for them to help out a little bit, especially with children involved (OP is a single mother, and it doesn't sound like her financial situation is through any fault of her own). Like, maybe your grandchildren having both food AND medicine should take priority over that second horse. Yes, even if your new, more important daughter really WANTS a second horse!

Presumably she made some choices that lead to her being a single mother and also broke. That doesn't mean she's a bad person but LOL at being an adult and expecting that your parents are going to float you because you can't pay your own way.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Straight White Shark posted:

The latest small town crime spree is to look in the paper and find out what funerals are going on and then rob the families homes when the service is going on and you know no one is home.

Source: My small-rear end hometown

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Power Khan posted:

"I laughed along when she was making fun of my bf and then ignored him when we were having sex, what did I do wrong?"

Threesome gone horribly wrong - might get dumped bc of it

What should I do?

You should dump him and date women. You had fun and she recognized your boyfriend for the schlub piece of poo poo he is. Guys always think threesomes are gonna be two women worshipping their cock and just hanging out when it's busy.

Then holy poo poo, two women realize they can cum as much as they want with each other and don't need to wait around for Mr. Misogyny to get it up again.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

duck trucker posted:

The latest small town crime spree is to look in the paper and find out what funerals are going on and then rob the families homes when the service is going on and you know no one is home.

Source: My small-rear end hometown

That's been a thing for a while. When my grandfather died 16 years ago there was nobody left at his farm and the sherriff advised us not to print an obituary due to the likelihood burglary at a vacant property.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

therobit posted:

Presumably she made some choices that lead to her being a single mother and also broke. That doesn't mean she's a bad person but LOL at being an adult and expecting that your parents are going to float you because you can't pay your own way.

I think if it was as bad as “can afford medicine or food not both” I would help out, but just standard made bad decisions poor probably not

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

I think if it was as bad as “can afford medicine or food not both” I would help out, but just standard made bad decisions poor probably not

I would probably help out my kids too, but she has no right to expect it or feel bitter that they are not financially supporting a 27 year old and her family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Maybe she should stop thinking to herself about how they should help her and actually ask for help first