Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

regulargonzalez posted:

So yes, it makes forum posts but that's just a means to an end, which is to get your items visible on that site.
Thought it might be even lighter weight these days, just hitting an endpoint on poe.trade with IGN/item json.

redneck nazgul posted:

Should be allowed to Blade Flurry provided you have no weapon nor shield and it should loudly play ATATATATATATATATATATATATA
"Why are you so in love with Death?"
"Why are you already dead..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I'm running a lacerate gladiator build right now, which I thought would be cheap but apparently Soul Taker is expensive as poo poo this league. Am I retarded for running lacerate instead of cleave with the new threshold jewel?

Also, which is more important to get first - the 70-80c Soul Taker, or would I be better off spending some of the 35c I have now and get the Bringer of Rain?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Wait wait wait, so I could just edit items on my premium stash, would the item be updated on poe.trade or do I still need to edit my forum post?

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

how were the chieftain nerfs? do they matter at all for uber lab farming?

Were there chieftain nerfs? Or do you mean chieftain was indirectly nerfed by something else? I tried googling it but didn't find anything.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
There's no forum invovled with premium stash trading - set the tab to public, right click the item, set the price, and poe.trade auto scrapes it. Takes maybe 10 minutes to update. It's pretty sweet.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dramatika posted:

I'm running a lacerate gladiator build right now, which I thought would be cheap but apparently Soul Taker is expensive as poo poo this league. Am I retarded for running lacerate instead of cleave with the new threshold jewel?

Also, which is more important to get first - the 70-80c Soul Taker, or would I be better off spending some of the 35c I have now and get the Bringer of Rain?
I think the bringer is a better investment upfront, given how much cheaper it is. Soul Taker just lets you run all 3 auras and an extra life flask/not need mana leech (I've been running glad cleave).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Esoteric Scientist posted:

Were there chieftain nerfs? Or do you mean chieftain was indirectly nerfed by something else? I tried googling it but didn't find anything.

Chieftain nodes haven't been touched since 2.3, and those were all buffs, so...:confused:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

Dramatika posted:

There's no forum invovled with premium stash trading - set the tab to public, right click the item, set the price, and poe.trade auto scrapes it. Takes maybe 10 minutes to update. It's pretty sweet.

Oh drat, my life is a lie

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I think the bringer is a better investment upfront, given how much cheaper it is. Soul Taker just lets you run all 3 auras and an extra life flask/not need mana leech (I've been running glad cleave).

Sweet, I'm gonna pick one up. Those overwhelming odds jewels are cheap as hell to so I guess I'll switch over just to check it out.

I've been running clarity to keep mana reasonable because I'm bad at hitting flask charges regularly :buddy:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

BitterAvatar posted:

Bandit rewards are accurate, and if changed would only make the difference in levels greater.

Did you forget a skill point quest or three?

jerichojx posted:

Wait wait wait, so I could just edit items on my premium stash, would the item be updated on poe.trade or do I still need to edit my forum post?

With premium tabs you don't need a forum post at all.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Magus42 posted:

Did you forget a skill point quest or three?

A good time to remind people about /passives. Using it when I learned about it I found an un-cashed bandit skill point at lv90 on my Oro flicker guy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I consider it a personal accomplishment whenever I remember all the passive rewards on the first go-around.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah. Let's calculate all the options of flat damage

Helmet slot:
Deidbellow: 15p
Bringer of Rain: 25p
Abyssus: 50p

Amulet slot:
Flaring prefix: 20.5p max

2x Ring:
Annealed prefix: 19.5p max

Shield:
Great Old One's Ward: 16p
Haku craft: 5.5p

Belt:
Meginord's Girdle: 10p

So you can theoretically get a maximum of 135.5 flat physical damage with max rolls on every slot (though that's not really realistic, you usually need to sacrifice some uniques/flat prefix in order to relieve suffix pressure for resists). Multiply that by 9 for a max roll non-legacy facebreakers, and you realize: you effectively have a weapon that deals 1219.5 physical damage.

This is the appeal of facebreakers.

And if you're insane, you can go crit with facebreakers. I put one together a few leagues ago, had to also sacrifice for suffixes with accuracy, and I calculate that I still had a 855 physical damage weapon.

You forgot steel rings and the unarmed base attack also the warband boots.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Kild posted:

You forgot steel rings and the unarmed base attack also the warband boots.

Oops, I should have elaborated that the ring damage refers to annealed steel rings. Though I did miss the base unarmed damage and the redblade tramplers. Though lol if you could combined all those together and cap resists and have a decent amount of life.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

So I have never played this before, what is the difference between standard and legacy?
Edit: And which should I play?

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 9, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pick legacy

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Found an ancient reliquary key. Not sure what it is, but my item filter shattered my ear drums and it was giant and red when it dropped.

poe trade seems to not be working right now, and reading the wiki I have no idea what any of the possible outcomes for this thing are.
Leaning towards selling it once the trade site is back up and I can price it. Is there some massive possible upshot to using it myself? I'm guessing the expected value on these things is only positive in bulk.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you could get a legacy vinktars or kaoms.

you will probably get something that is completely worthless.

always gamble

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cool, I'm in the legacy one as a duelist.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Peachfart posted:

So I have never played this before, what is the difference between standard and legacy?

Legacy is the current league. Standard is the graveyard for old characters, mostly played by the ultra-videogame-wealthy. Playing on the former gives you a healthier player economy, the ability to ask for help from goons, and access to the league gimmick.
Also, the game is complex; join the guild so you can ask questions about the basics in guild chat.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Peachfart posted:

So this game has 4 different realms going at once: Standard, League and the Hardcore version of each. Leagues run for ~3 months and have some sort of gimmick that adds a new wrinkle to gameplay. Legacy is the current league, and its gimmick is literally all of the other past league gimmicks (one last hurrah before 3.0 and OMG 10 ACTS). Everyone starts fresh at the beginning of the league, which also means that the economy also starts fresh (more on that in a bit).

Once the league has finished, characters/stashes/etc. get thrown into the permanent realms (Standard for softcore league, Hardcore for...hardcore league; if you die during hardcore league your character gets thrown into Standard). Because the permanent realms are the dumping ground of all these past leagues, the economy is super hosed up compared to leagues, but it's a good place to try out different build ideas (assuming you don't immediately delete your characters once the league is done).

tl;dr

Awesome! posted:

pick legacy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Peachfart posted:

Cool, I'm in the legacy one as a duelist.

i would say to join the guild but i think its full right now unfortunately

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Also important to remember re: league economy is that this is currently the 6th day of the league. Basic things will be out of whack for another week or so before stuff settles down and becomes more predictable. With all the leagues being available with leaguestones and the presence of foil uniques don't be surprised at how things cost at any point.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

Multiply that by 9 for a max roll non-legacy facebreakers, and you realize: you effectively have a weapon that deals 1219.5 physical damage.

Also it's one-handed and you can use a shield with it.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Awesome! posted:

always gamble

I'm a coward :)

Even more questions, if you have one of the upgrade item prophecies, do the stats on the base item matter?
eg: blackheart -> voidheart

I got the prophecy for that and it seems like I can buy blackheart for cheap, but wondering if the stats on the blackheart matter or if everything gets rerolled with the prophecy.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

What's the advantage of running CwC Firestorm on SR as opposed to just running SR? Seems like you'd get more damage out of just SR with those gem slots (and the burning damage nodes out by Avatar of Fire)

So far my SR MoM inquisitor guy is doing well but he's only 41ish, no idea yet if it's gonna hold up

Both builds can do pretty much anything and to some extent it's personal preference. I'm still level 61 on my MoM inquisitor on a 3 link SR-CWC-Firestorm so can't comment that much yet on how it will pan out in maps. Clear speed is about the same, but rare/boss killing seems much better than straight SR was.

Also the thing to consider the SR in this CWC setup really is for pack clearing and doesn't actually need that many gem links to fit that purpose. The single target damage is from the firestorm, and to some extent its better to think of this as a firestorm build rather than a SR build. You aren't actually wasting any gem links technically. SR is a pseudo-more modifier for firestorm as it has up to a 24% fire penetration debuff. CWC is also a HUGE more multiplier for firestorm; it scales to I believe ?9% more damage, but the main selling point is the cast speed. Firestorm base cast speed (modified by your cast speed) is 0.9 seconds; the base cast speed on CWC is 0.44 and goes down to 0.34 or so, so that 1 gem is basically 100% "more" firestorm.

The biggest overall difference is also the nature of the damage as well. SR is a degen and does not hit. It is not affected by penetration at all and no damage conversion is possible. As well no double dipping is possible. You don't have to worry about reflect on SR, but with firestorm you can convert a large chunk of the damage to chaos to avoid that as well. Since you can then get poison, and will have a ridiculous number of stacks due to the constant hitting if firestorm, which you can then double dip with things like area damage. The ignite damage shouldn't matter much because the overall hits are fairly small.

Once I get a 5-6 link I can then add in like a controlled destruction which scales both spells. Also because firestorm hits so often even with a low base crit chance elemental overload will be up near 100% of the time without the need to use a separate ability like orb of storms. Don't think you can easily use elemental equilibrium but as a lot of the damage will be poison it won't matter.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

animatorZed posted:

I'm a coward :)

Even more questions, if you have one of the upgrade item prophecies, do the stats on the base item matter?
eg: blackheart -> voidheart

I got the prophecy for that and it seems like I can buy blackheart for cheap, but wondering if the stats on the blackheart matter or if everything gets rerolled with the prophecy.

90% sure stats don't get re-rolled.

For Voidheart life is nice, but the important stats are the new ones.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Can I get an invite to the guild, please? Character name is WuTangMeatballsLEG.
Bump.

Also, for my Molten Strike Raider, I'm wondering if I should go the phasing route or the onslaught route. My initial thought was to go onslaught, for the benefits of hitting as much as possible and gaining all that tasty leech and life gain on hit, but Avatar of the Veil is incredibly tempting. It's basically that one Pathfinder ability, but without the annoying flask part. And I will be doing full ele conversion, so with the damage bonus and the increased movespeed, it's basically equivalent to onslaught, kind of? It's tough.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I am very tempted to make this my next build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BtuKGYU_g

I've even got the required gear for it already.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guild's full yo

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

DaveWoo posted:

I am very tempted to make this my next build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BtuKGYU_g

I've even got the required gear for it already.

lol price jumped to like 30c for this mace now.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
god, finding a unique you can use in ssf is the greatest feeling

i didnt have a 5-link and was feeling down on damage but then a nyctas lantern dropped for more or less 5-link damage sr cwc firestorm

also, mouse-only hcssf character finally made it to maps :toot:

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

karrethuun posted:

Lots of words about Scorching Ray CWC Firestorm
This is basically correct. I'd also add that Firestorm can leech, which means you can run Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark and/or a Life Leech gem and facetank most things.

I've been doing ray cwc icestorm (converting 100% cold to fire), and it is easily the strongest build I've ever started a league with.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I run wither firestorm with 2 consuming darks and a 6L infernal mantle with pretty much every item suiting that build except for a 40% firestorm hat (mine is 25%)

It has been a very smooth curve leveling up. I started with essence crafted wands plus scorching ray, going with wither after buying one CD. Basically everything I focus now dies incredibly quickly, and I clear t8 (don't have higher maps) with 2 casts of my 4L firestorm link.

Issue is life. I currently have 5.6k with a swap for 6k (rotund talisman, for use on poo poo like devourer bosses) and the possibility of getting 6.7-7k life at lv92 or so.
It's hard to get this amount because scaling poison means you're going hidden potential pretty much so up to half your items will have 2 affixes max.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Well, I'm officially the worst Path of Exile player in the world:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The leech is one of the things I've been thinking about, yeah. I'm gonna have to see how well the sanctuary ascendancy stuff helps my survivability before I come to a conclusion on whether I want to respec from SR into SR CWC Firestorm, though (I'd have to drop EE and a Burning cluster at least, haven't thought about what else).

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I cannot recommend SR CWC Icestorm enough; my gear is worth maybe 1.5 ex max and I can facetank Uber Izaro with all buffs up.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

scuz posted:

Hi thread, long-time-ago player, first-time poster. Looking for some feedback on my berserker build idea, trying for dual-wield axes using dual-strike/cleave/frenzy/life-gain-on-hit. I have no idea what I'm doing, clearly. I just wanna chop heads and bathe in blood IS THAT SO HARD?!

If that's what you want I suggest this build guide. I did it last league and just sorta smashed every things face in.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

So I got a 15% leap slam attack speed enchant on my Devoto's, I guess I'll just keep it for now and try for a better enchantment when I can buy another one for cheap.

I guess I'll start enchanting Hubris, anyone got a list of good Hubris enchants? Also, the only ilvl 84 one I got is magic, does it matter? Should I scour it first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Esoteric Scientist posted:

whypick1 posted:

Chieftain nodes haven't been touched since 2.3, and those were all buffs, so...:confused:

I'm an idiot, I was thinking of the AoE nerfs somehow affecting the build because...reasons?

• Locked thread