Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Holy poo poo I love Adam Scott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cameron Diaz is doing her best 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' impression

She looks like my hippy side-cut with obnoxiously huge earrings ex, not like some brooding goth, get your poo poo straight.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Grand Theft Auto Loading Screen Characters: The Movie.

I actually love the Grand Theft Auto character collages, I'd like to see more posters painted like that.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

JebanyPedal posted:

She looks like my hippy side-cut with obnoxiously huge earrings ex, not like some brooding goth, get your poo poo straight.

Nobody said it was a good impression.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vagabundo posted:

It's astounding that sub-Reboot level poo poo is being made in the year of our lord, 2013.

"Thanks for doing this job for us, Sir Sean. It means a lot."

"Happy to help. I'm glad you let me have a look at the work print."

"Work print?"

"I know, it's a little rough but I'm sure the final animation will look fantastic!"

"Yes... the final animation..."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm pretty sure that, with Amy Poehler involved, the design of that poster was like that Upright Citizens' Brigade sketch where they design the subway and billboard ads to with graffiti vandals in mind and have the subject making gestures where they could draw ejaculating penises and the like.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Young Freud posted:

I'm pretty sure that, with Amy Poehler involved, the design of that poster was like that Upright Citizens' Brigade sketch where they design the subway and billboard ads to with graffiti vandals in mind and have the subject making gestures where they could draw ejaculating penises and the like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxs-Ap68BNA

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

"Thanks for doing this job for us, Sir Sean. It means a lot."

"Happy to help. I'm glad you let me have a look at the work print."

"Work print?"

"I know, it's a little rough but I'm sure the final animation will look fantastic!"

"Yes... the final animation..."

Connery would have recorded his vocal part before there were even any animations to look at.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jedit posted:

Connery would have recorded his vocal part before there were even any animations to look at.

I'm not so sure, I think they broadcast this one live.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm not so sure, I think they broadcast this one live.

I somehow doubt they said "OK, Mr Connery, we'll start it rolling, if you can do your best to lip sync".

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dillbag posted:

Apparently he had his hair styled as a homage to producer Brian Glazer.

the thumbnail of this looked like a porcupine eating dried fruit

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cameron Diaz is doing her best 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' impression

She has some earrings and a side cut. You're the squarest person in the whole world if you think that equals Lisbeth Salander.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Someone posted these in the Whedon thread of TVIV

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-Parte-1/7000079
http://www.behance.net/gallery/Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-Parte-2/7000757

These are bad right? I'm looking at these, and they look like the same minimalist crap I've seen in this thread, yet some are saying they're really good.

Seriously? Black art on a black background?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Posters like that throw out normal aesthetic considerations and replace them with muted cryptograms that can be decoded by the diehard fans and baffle everyone else, so of course the thread like them. I'd say that, for their type, they're pretty good, but would add that that type can gently caress right off.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Davros1 posted:

These are bad right? I'm looking at these, and they look like the same minimalist crap I've seen in this thread, yet some are saying they're really good.

I'm confused. Which member of the Scooby Gang was in the KKK?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Speaking of, Reboot is being remade.

Had to look this up to confirm, seems you are right! I also learned that it's the 20th anniversary of the original show. :gonk: Holy poo poo, I'm old.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I've seen every episode of Buffy (not recently, but still) and I don't even have a single goddamn clue what half of those are.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sirotan posted:

Had to look this up to confirm, seems you are right! I also learned that it's the 20th anniversary of the original show. :gonk: Holy poo poo, I'm old.

Rainmaker/Mainframe/whatever else they've called themselves trot that out every couple of years to keep up interest in the property but so far nothing has ever come of it.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

muscles like this? posted:

Rainmaker/Mainframe/whatever else they've called themselves trot that out every couple of years to keep up interest in the property but so far nothing has ever come of it.

Yeah, there was supposed to be a trilogy of movies a few years ago if I remember correctly.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Jedit posted:

I somehow doubt they said "OK, Mr Connery, we'll start it rolling, if you can do your best to lip sync".

Seriously? Wow.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I doubt anyone anywhere would hang them on their wall(cuz they ugly), but a few of them are cute and clever references.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

There are a few I smiled at or thought had a clever conceit, but more because it was in-jokey and not because the design was that strong. Faith's looks like a black dildo, Tara's seems offensively reductive, Spike's tries really hard yet fails due to contrast, Dawn's is lazy, and a dozen more I immediately looked at and went "sorry, no."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Phone posting so I'm not sure if the resolution on these got butchered, but I'm loving these American Hustle posters.

Jeremy Renner :allears:

I want Jeremy Renner to play a young David Lynch if they ever do a bipiopic.

Or hell, if they ever bother with that Twin Peaks remake, he can play Agent Cole.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

Davros1 posted:

Out of all of them, I think Riley's is the best. It's a silly image that captures the bravado and the structure of this character perfectly. You see it, and you can't help but think it's over the top.

edit: yes I watched Buffy gently caress off.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Fat Lou posted:

Yeah, there was supposed to be a trilogy of movies a few years ago if I remember correctly.

There were two movies but we never got a third. And after a cliffhanger too :argh:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A Reboot reboot wouldn't work, anyway. It's just not Reboot without the lovely 90s CGI.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cleretic posted:

A Reboot reboot wouldn't work, anyway. It's just not Reboot without the lovely 90s CGI.

Then it's time to go 2D. Pixel art that poo poo, baby.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Pretty sure lovely 90s 3D is still doable, and probably a lot cheaper. Look at Sir Billi.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Pretty sure lovely 90s 3D is still doable, and probably a lot cheaper. Look at Sir Billi.

Or Beware the Batman.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Cleretic posted:

If it's going to be made by Mainframe, then you're in luck! They still kind of suck at CG.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

edit: yes I watched Buffy gently caress off.

Don't be ashamed. Buffy was awesome.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

mind the walrus posted:

Don't be ashamed. Buffy was awesome.

Hell yeah, Donald Sutherland is always cool.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The only one of those Buffy posters I thought was at all clever was the Willow one. And even then only in a "ha, I get it," way.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I like Cordelia and Oz... but yeah, for the most part, total crap.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

feedmyleg posted:

Then it's time to go 2D. Pixel art that poo poo, baby.

Tony Jay is still dead though. :(

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
What's Buffy's supposed to be? Just a floral print stake?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Saw the poster for About Time on a bus shelter - a good example of why using publicity photos as the main sell for the movie often misfires.

Here's the original image, nothing too wrong, you have the two leads, some action...I think they're in snow...it's perfect for the back of the DVD or the press packet.

The two leads are new, so there's been no real effort to title them, the selling focus is purely on the creator's provenance. I have no idea who the male lead is, because he's actually out of focus.
She doesn't fare much better as the pose and cropping looks like she's trying to keep her jaw from falling off.

Ramping the saturation and turning it into a sunny tone, while adding rain makes it look really weird when the umbrella is out of shot. I get it's a "caught out in the rain feel-good moment" but it's so overdriven.
Also someone noticed the framing caused by the tagline and the title on her cleavage so that's been severely reduced.

Plus some pretty lazy font work that gets eaten up by being too wispy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It also suffers from the fact that they didn't really do much to distinguish the actual title of the movie from the previous works. So at a glance its hard to tell what the movie is actually called.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

muscles like this? posted:

It also suffers from the fact that they didn't really do much to distinguish the actual title of the movie from the previous works. So at a glance its hard to tell what the movie is actually called.

That's true only for those people who live in the fabled land where Notting Hill, Love Actually and Four Weddings and a Funeral aren't the most recognizable romcoms ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That isn't Rachel McAdams? All right.

Edit: Oh, it is. She's not new.

Wendell fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 8, 2013