Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Decided to solo Tam Tam Deepcroft (hard), and I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have read these notes or seen the blood.

That was a surprisingly sad ending for the dungeon too. The way your char doesn't even do their little "Yeah!" At the dungeon clear but shaking their head in regret? Sadness? was perfect and totally unexpected. Sad way to see an admiring fan go, even if she was a crazy one.

I hope other dungeons in the game have that level of detail put into them, that was great. The bosses were cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

At the very least, the ending cutscene for Wanderer's Palace Hard is more than worth the trip. :v:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yeah dungeons going to be nice.

You might want to check into Palace of the Dead stuff if you havn't cause it continues the story of That dungeon although not as atmospheric as you'd hope seeing on how its more of an arcade thing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bad Breath in this game might as well cause instant death considering the debuffs it hits you with.

there were some morbols in ffxi for which this was literally the case, except had no marker just like everything else in ffxi and was functionally instant

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rastan Beeza posted:

Decided to solo Tam Tam Deepcroft (hard), and I'm glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have read these notes or seen the blood.

You can use Return to go back and check stuff like that. Though, you do run the risk of bumping into any mobs the team didn't pull.

World War Mammories posted:

there were some morbols in ffxi for which this was literally the case, except had no marker just like everything else in ffxi and was functionally instant

Sounds fun.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Rastan Beeza posted:

That was a surprisingly sad ending for the dungeon too. The way your char doesn't even do their little "Yeah!" At the dungeon clear but shaking their head in regret? Sadness? was perfect and totally unexpected. Sad way to see an admiring fan go, even if she was a crazy one.

I hope other dungeons in the game have that level of detail put into them, that was great. The bosses were cool too.

Yeah, I did dusk vigil solo for WT and stopped to read the notes before the second boss. Gonna have to do more of these.

I've been on a real solo kick lately. Did T1-T5, started on the extreme primals, etc.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

What if the 4.x Relic storyline is writing a Drakenier-style weapon story? :unsmigghh:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
There are a few dungeons where you don't do the victory salute at the end, it's a nice touch. If nothing else, FFXIV has a lot of great detail added.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Bad Breath in this game might as well cause instant death considering the debuffs it hits you with.

In solo content yeah, but in a group you can usually muddle through (especially if you have a healer who remembers they have esuna). Getting bad breath'd in a dungeon is mostly just a mark of shame

SirPhoebos posted:

What if the 4.x Relic storyline is writing a Drakenier-style weapon story? :unsmigghh:

poo poo, I'd actually play it if they did that

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ainsley McTree posted:

(especially if you have a healer who remembers they have esuna).

10,000 deaths are not enough for healers who refuse to take Esuna in roulettes. I get that it's optimal to switch it out for cleric stance in dungeons with no/insignificant status effects, but people never actually bother swapping it back on when it's actually needed.

Also I found a blunderbuss and now I am the best fanservicey pirate elf girl. :hawksin:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Also I found a blunderbuss and now I am the best fanservicey pirate elf girl. :hawksin:

For some reason I immediately though "NOW I HAVE A BLUNDERBUSS HO-HO-HO"

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

A catgirl met a rogaeden man by the side of the road.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
He said he was looking for his lost brother, who had run away from
home after an argument with his parents.
She agreed to help him and they set off towards Limsa Lominsa.
They both died in the Calamity but continue their search to this day.
They both died in the Calamity. A nearby Ascian laughed and removed
his mask, revealing the lost brother's face.

e: original was insufficiently tragic.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 24, 2017

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

10,000 deaths are not enough for healers who refuse to take Esuna in roulettes. I get that it's optimal to switch it out for cleric stance in dungeons with no/insignificant status effects, but people never actually bother swapping it back on when it's actually needed.

esuna is cancer

it shall never grace my bars

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Ran Shivex with some friends from another server, and I was able to get my diamond rapier, to complete my luxurious glam.

Sarrisan posted:

esuna cures cancer

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 24, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Esuna,,, is good

I haven't put Cleric Stance back on my bars once :cawg:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

What is with you people removing Esuna in favor of Cleric Stance when it is Protect that you should be ditching.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
As a healer is there a way to target an enemy for offensive spells but automatically send heals to the target of that enemy? I'm going through the noobie training missions and it's annoying trying to switch back and forth between targeting an enemy and targeting an ally, especially since the allies don't show up in the party menu.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dick Trauma posted:

As a healer is there a way to target an enemy for offensive spells but automatically send heals to the target of that enemy? I'm going through the noobie training missions and it's annoying trying to switch back and forth between targeting an enemy and targeting an ally, especially since the allies don't show up in the party menu.

You could macro it using the target's target command but it might be a bit much for macros.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quote is not edit

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's a crude fix, but on the rare occasions I heal I use a macro for /assist to quickly target swap. Target monster, assist -> heal, assist -> DPS. One upside is that it lets me quickly refocus when the monster switches targets without me having to gently caress around with the party or agro lists.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Okay, so serious question for any PS4 Healers, how do I make it so I target party members instead of literally everything else with my spells?

Is there a button trick I'm missing or do I need to fiddle with the settings so I can actually heal my party without bumbling to target them and then have that "target y, then return to targeting x" happen? I hope I'm not the only who has/had this problem..

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Thundarr posted:

What is with you people removing Esuna in favor of Cleric Stance when it is Protect that you should be ditching.

Cleric, Lucid, Swiftcast, Largess, Eye for an Eye

a macro that swaps Swiftcast for Protect, casts it, then swaps swift back

occasionally, Eye for an Eye gets swapped for Surecast or Rescue if the fight benefits from it.

if a fight requires Esuna...

that's why you have a co-healer.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Rastan Beeza posted:

Okay, so serious question for any PS4 Healers, how do I make it so I target party members instead of literally everything else with my spells?

Is there a button trick I'm missing or do I need to fiddle with the settings so I can actually heal my party without bumbling to target them and then have that "target y, then return to targeting x" happen? I hope I'm not the only who has/had this problem..

Up and down on the dpad should go through your party by default. It'll highlight them. If you hit X it'll target the person so your heal spells hit them.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 24, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Just cleared the Nadaam. I will say, this game is very good at "Here is an event that's a big deal, so here's some absurdly hype music to get your excited."

Though, I'll have to pause for a bit since I'm not near Level 67 and I know the next quest when I get back to Yanxia won't start until I hit that point.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The nadaam was a really cool solo instance and I hope they do more stuff like that in later patches.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Though, I'll have to pause for a bit since I'm not near Level 67 and I know the next quest when I get back to Yanxia won't start until I hit that point.

Bardam's is an extremely cool and good dungeon to grind on at least. So is Shisui and it gives you tiny bikinis (or speedos and a towel to hang over your shoulders) to boot. There's some issues with SB for sure but the dungeons are almost all good. Sorry, Temple of the Fist.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Temple is good.
I don't like Bardam because I'm too stupid for that one boss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't want to do that dungeon again. I kept failing the stuff on the second "boss fight" and the boss was all "You loving suck. Look at how bad he sucks everyone. Look at him and laugh.".

It was embarrassing and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I got no commendations even though I did well everywhere else. :negative:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So...is eureka and relics gonna be in 4.1 or what

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't want to do that dungeon again. I kept failing the stuff on the second "boss fight" and the boss was all "You loving suck. Look at how bad he sucks everyone. Look at him and laugh.".

It was embarrassing and I'm pretty sure it's the reason I got no commendations even though I did well everywhere else. :negative:

Just watch a guide for it before you go again, they're all really common mechanics you'll see a few times in later content, so think of it as practice with no real consequences! And now that you've seen them in game once a guide will be familiar enough to really sink in.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Don't stand in the orange areas.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Don't stand in the orange areas.

Sometimes stand in the orange areas.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Thundarr posted:

It's a crude fix, but on the rare occasions I heal I use a macro for /assist to quickly target swap. Target monster, assist -> heal, assist -> DPS. One upside is that it lets me quickly refocus when the monster switches targets without me having to gently caress around with the party or agro lists.

if you're not using a controller you can just press T for assist.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

WrightOfWay posted:

Sometimes stand in the orange areas.

As long as you leave before they stop being orange.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Griz posted:

if you're not using a controller you can just press T for assist.
You can also just assign one of the stick clicks to assist, not like you need to do target lock anyway

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

As long as you leave before they stop being orange.

The towers are orange, I mean.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

meiram posted:

Yeah, I did dusk vigil solo for WT and stopped to read the notes before the second boss. Gonna have to do more of these.

I've been on a real solo kick lately. Did T1-T5, started on the extreme primals, etc.

What classes are you using to solo?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The second boss fight of Bardam is cool the first time and terrible boring bullshit every time after, so I'd say it's a really bad dungeon for grinding. Maybe if the mechanics were random, but as it is I'm pretty sure I could set up an autohotkey script for it.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Fister Roboto posted:

The second boss fight of Bardam is cool the first time and terrible boring bullshit every time after, so I'd say it's a really bad dungeon for grinding. Maybe if the mechanics were random, but as it is I'm pretty sure I could set up an autohotkey script for it.

Boring probably, terrible bullshit no because of two factors: It's really freaking short (it's a 2-3 min encounter) unless you somehow manage to wipe against it and aside from the towers only one person has to get through all of the mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Could this not be said of just about any dungeon boss