Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Terrific Accident posted:

This is like if you were a smash bros player and had never played on Final Destination

When I played with my friends years ago we played custom maps for fun, then when I bought CSGO dust2 had just rotated out. Never came up in the queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Jamuraan posted:

Sensitivity numbers won't help you much because there are multiple variables associated with your mouse speed. You have your OS mouse speed, any drivers you have may affect your DPI or sens depending on the manufacturer, plus mouse accel, and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

IMO it's best to download an aim map and practice your flicks, or go into a DM server until you feel comfortable with the speed. You want it to be slow enough you have pinpoint accuracy, but fast enough you can do a full 180 degree turn (or really I like to be able to turn about 270 in case I'm wrong). Anything higher than that and you're hurting yourself.

I just switched from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 and while it takes some getting used to, I actually feel like I'm getting better hit reg. I understand this might be placebo effect, but I'm happy I'm back to getting 20+ kills every game. For a stretch I was getting single digit kills and it always felt like my aim was on but I couldn't get anything to connect. Like ghost bullets phasing through people.

The sens thing is basically a thread meme. (1.21 @400) It's also generally assumed you're using 6/11 on the Windows mouse speed like a civilized human being. Mostly people consider mouse accel a bad dumb thing, so that also generally doesn't come up in the conversation, although there are a few people around here that use it, I recently switched to a low exponent with m_customaccel 3.

Photex knows how to practice his aim, although he could certainly use some more time doing it :smugdog:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Jamuraan posted:

It's THE CS map honestly.

I feel like I remember your name, assuming you used the same name back then - what teams were you on? I was a mid tier CAL-m scrub with no chance of ever making invite back in like '01-'04ish so it's entirely possible I got wrecked by you at some point. Now I mostly just play MM and goonmans just for fun in CSGO, haven't played on a real team since probably 2004. Ranked LE at the moment but I feel like I'll never ever be close to as good at this (or any) game as I was when I was a teenager.

I feel like there was a real pride in grinding your way up back then that I'm not sure really exists anymore. But I'm not really a part of it, so who knows.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 27, 2017

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

surc posted:

The sens thing is basically a thread meme. (1.21 @400) It's also generally assumed you're using 6/11 on the Windows mouse speed like a civilized human being. Mostly people consider mouse accel a bad dumb thing, so that also generally doesn't come up in the conversation, although there are a few people around here that use it, I recently switched to a low exponent with m_customaccel 3.

Photex knows how to practice his aim, although he could certainly use some more time doing it :smugdog:

I'm using a lovely Logitech g402 with the logitech drivers, and I'm using 800 DPI. 1.21@400 wouldn't even be enough to do a 180 with the length of my mousepad (it's a relatively small funcpad, compared to those huge mega cloth pads) so I don't know how the gently caress y'all play like that.
6/11 is where I'm at, no mouse accel, but I dunno what m_customaccel even does.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

real dilemma posted:

I feel like I remember your name, assuming you used the same name back then - what teams were you on? I was a mid tier CAL-m scrub with no chance of ever making invite back in like '01-'04ish so it's entirely possible I got wrecked by you at some point. Now I mostly just play MM and goonmans just for fun in CSGO, haven't played on a real team since probably 2004. Ranked LE at the moment but I feel like I'll never ever be close to as good at this (or any) game as I was when I was a teenager.

same name since 1999, so yeah probably me. I played for a few teams, started in CAL-IM with a friendly team Yinyang, moved into CAL-P with Sweat in the inaugural season, and I played in CAL-I with TEAMTX, IWA, and later with a "remake" of BIO.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Jamuraan posted:

It's THE CS map honestly.

It's actually a DE map.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Alighieri posted:

It's actually a DE map.

I got de_stroyed :(

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 minutes!
Clapping Larry

Jamuraan posted:

so I don't know how the gently caress y'all play like that.

wall to wall mousepad carpeting, generally

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Bohemian Nights posted:

wall to wall mousepad carpeting, generally

yeah p-much: https://www.amazon.com/Reflex-Lab-E...ouse%2Bpad&th=1

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I just ditched the pad and I'm playing straight on my desk.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

That'd actually be dope if you could take it outside and give it a wash from time to time.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Do you wash your regular mousepad

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I put my mouse pad in the laundry with my jorts and big johnson tees.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Still not enough room to do a 360 with low sens imo.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

if you don't have to wash your mouse pad you either 1) are a billionaire who replaces them way to often 2) don't realize that the reason your mouse randomly skips because of it or 3) aren't using it correctly.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
why are you nerds using mouse pads in tyool 2017 anyway

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't even use a mouse, I physically pick up my monitor and move it around to aim

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't even use a mouse, I physically pick up my monitor and move it around to aim

just learn to channel your rage in to a usb port. Just make sure to be HID compliant.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Thank you for the report, I got to see the Mr. Pink videos again :D

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ima post this here too in honour of inappropriate nova purchases by a certain someone

i dont care that this was a full eco so dont remind me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTLGORzVJao

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/890967583553409026

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Up Circle posted:

ima post this here too in honour of inappropriate nova purchases by a certain someone

ecoing teams running a train into your waiting shotfun is the best thing in this dumb game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZiVI1uIEk4

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Ok. Can anyone recommend a decent mouse that works on a USB-C? Mine needs to be replaced.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Soulex posted:

Ok. Can anyone recommend a decent mouse that works on a USB-C? Mine needs to be replaced.

Probably best off buying a usb c->usb female dongle. I can't imagine a worthwhile usb-c gaming mouse.

Maybe a Bluetooth Logitech?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkA4NO_VDnQ

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

That's a skill shot according to valve

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I request a link to mr pinks ice cream truck ringtone video

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

it's the 4th one

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
New high score in a goonman. I got nine kills, mostly thanks to my team telling me what to do. My team literally had to tell me to shoot a guy whose hand was sticking out of some smoke.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sleppy posted:

it's the 4th one

Lmao.
Particularly a fan of seeing the ct's head, and backing off as if nothing happened

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I liked making people laugh, even if they thought I was being stupid on purpose :( that will be the part I remember.

Answering texts and crap like that during goonmans is plain disrespectful to everybody, how did I think that was ok.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Michael Scott posted:

I liked making people laugh, even if they thought I was being stupid on purpose :( that will be the part I remember.

Answering texts and crap like that during goonmans is plain disrespectful to everybody, how did I think that was ok.

Never change.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Michael Scott posted:

Real talk: documenting and compiling a playlist of how much you hate one particular person is creepy and goony as gently caress. Some sad high school bully poo poo, honestly.

That said, it's obvious these people treat you like poo poo, so why do you bother apologizing to them incessantly?? It's sad and annoying.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 30, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've read and watched as much as still exists 11 years later but I can't find out how the Michael Scott/Mr. Pink account got connected to the kid who stole his moms credit card.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Michael Scott posted:

Shut the gently caress up already

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Let the man goonman

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I enjoy playing with new guy he's very friendly makes callouts chit chats has good vibes i'd swipe right again

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

I had fun goonmanning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

stump collector posted:

Shut the gently caress up already

Let me goonman and I will, can't you see how fun it is? (granted it may be because I'm not screwin around)

CSGO is a good game.