Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

quote:

“Trump is just doing what the law is,” Jabiro’s father, Amir Kassab, 74, explained. “He can’t create a new law.”

Kassab said he plans to vote for Trump again if the economy continues to do well.

Chuds are a universal constant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

so that ice agent had a lifelong dream to get into that line of work because he liked the “air of authority”, and after his marriage broke down he gets together with someone who used to pretend that immigration police were coming for other kids in her neighbourhood so she could see them panic and flee. sounds like a real pair of winners here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

lol that daughter is fuckin' ice cold, i love it

Holy lol I hope my daughter is that cold if I ever get brain worms.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

quote:

In his early years as an officer, an English-speaking teenager walked up to him on the bridge from the Mexican side. Quiet and alert, the kid was not unlike Rodriguez had been at that age, except for his lack of papers. He admitted that he’d been living illegally in the U.S. most of his life; he needed to return to continue high school. Rodriguez asked why he had risked a trip to Mexico if he knew he wouldn’t be allowed back into the U.S. The boy explained that his grandmother had died and he’d gone to pay his respects before she was buried. “I wanted to see her one last time,” he said. Rodriguez told him his best hope for returning was to one day marry a U.S. citizen. But for now, Rodriguez had little doubt about the rules. He sent the teen back to Mexico.

That night, the boy attempted to swim across the Rio Grande. Agents found his body floating beneath the bridge the next morning.

what a loving piece of poo poo

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Could have been a hero, chose to be a zero.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Crazy Achmed posted:

so that ice agent had a lifelong dream to get into that line of work because he liked the “air of authority”, and after his marriage broke down he gets together with someone who used to pretend that immigration police were coming for other kids in her neighbourhood so she could see them panic and flee. sounds like a real pair of winners here.

It's almost like he was mentally pre-dispositioned to see authoritarianism as a good thing.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1229115192484802561

not mentioned directly but the group throwing bricks through windows is you-know-who

hmmm

quote:

In “Sexual Consent and the Adolescent Male, or What Can We Learn From the Greeks,” Hubbard portrays pederasty in unfailingly glowing terms and suggests that it be a model for thinking about current ages of consent. He believes that the U.S. should bring its laws more in line with teens’ actual sexual activity and with most other countries, where the age of sexual consent generally ranges from 14 to 16 (in Texas, it is 17). He proposes that boys be free to express their “natural and powerful sexual urges,” including with older partners. Yet — just as he neglects to place pederasty in the context of a slave-holding, woman-subjugating society — he dismisses feminist “preoccupation” with legal gender neutrality as “quaint” and says girls need to be “protected” until 17 or 18, because they are “easily pressured” and might get pregnant.

hmmmmmmmmmm

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

in the words of mike gravel, push ICE down the stairs

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Hillary 2020 posted:

Chuds are a universal constant.

One thing I LOVE is that “chud” is a universal descriptor for brain damaged forum mods.

People I know that are absolutely NOT online use it and I am happy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

hmmm

hmmmmmmmmmm

The nazis would love him if he swapped his arguments vis a vis teen boys and teen girls.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

god yes, a panacea for the soul

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Imagine playing Papers Please but choosing all the inhumane options not because your family is freezing to death, but because you enjoy it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
They say that when you love your job, you don't work a day in your life

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

when you love your job, you don't work a day in your life for fair compensation

cmerepaul
Nov 28, 2005
That's not chapstick!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

"i don't pay my taxes so this freeloader can get food stamps!" - me a non-white.

even when he is being denied his services he still has to pull the "i'm being unfairly treated due to being white and male" and not because his turd of a president voted to remove him from foodstamps.

every god drat time, these chuds hear "christian" but forgetting the silent part that precedes it, "white"

who knew the racist guy would do racist things and not care? and the fact that some people will still vote for him... lol why would trump care at all?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

This is the good poo poo. Still pissed SSI and food stamps are being cut to fund the deficit gap created by that loving tax cut. You bet if Biden, Buttegig, or Klob gets in it'll stay permanent.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's always amusing that when white people confront the reality of the welfare system - how threadbare and meager and unreliable it is - after spending their whole lives believing that being on welfare is essentially a paid permanent luxury vacation for Those People. Rather than realizing that they've been lied to their entire lives, they shift to believing that there's a second, hidden, secret welfare system just for Those People that they are being denied access to, and it makes them vote for Republicans even harder.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FMguru posted:

It's always amusing that when white people confront the reality of the welfare system - how threadbare and meager and unreliable it is - after spending their whole lives believing that being on welfare is essentially a paid permanent luxury vacation for Those People. Rather than realizing that they've been lied to their entire lives, they shift to believing that there's a second, hidden, secret welfare system just for Those People that they are being denied access to, and it makes them vote for Republicans even harder.

Yeah somebody find the quote about this from that Kansas lady in the classic story from years ago.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
THE BIGGEST FAN OF TRUMP’S STEEL TARIFFS IS SUING OVER THEM

John Hritz, president and chief executive officer of JSW Steel USA Inc., put on a big smile and a Texas flag pin for his television spot on Fox Business in March 2018. “It’s a special day,” he told his host, then told her again: “It’s a special day.” JSW Steel’s India-based parent company, JSW Group, had announced it would invest $500 million and create 500 jobs at its steel mill in Baytown, Texas. “We’re going to make history,” Hritz said.
“We are following right down the road where the administration wants things to go … to completely overhaul the steel industry in this country.” But the revolution has been delayed by a bureaucratic morass at the U.S. Department of Commerce and, possibly, political weight thrown around by two of steel’s heaviest heavies: United States Steel Corp. and Nucor Corp.
JSW’s waiver requests faced objections from Nucor, U.S. Steel, and AK Steel. JSW’s Washington lobbyists at the Vogel Group repeatedly met with Commerce officials to point out that the objectors couldn’t possibly meet the com­pany’s needs. In April and May, the department nevertheless issued two batches of almost identical denials, saying U.S. com­panies produced the slab JSW needed in “a sufficient and reasonably available amount” of “satisfactory quality.” JSW has now paid about $50 million in tariffs.
On July 25, Hritz and a Mingo Junction worker joined a large group that gathered with Trump at the White House to mark the anniversary of a pledge for U.S. businesses to create more jobs. Hritz praised Trump’s “bold leadership on tax reform, a smart regulatory agenda, and investing in American workers.” Five days later, JSW sued the administration in the U.S. Court of International Trade.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

it's that durn deep state at it again!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

its not even that, they were importing steel and assumed they would be exempt from the tariffs because they supported trump

edit: lol

quote:

an expected upswing in infrastructure spending. (The latter has yet to materialize.)

duz has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Feb 17, 2020

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Right into my veins

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Jesus lol they built their business model around loving over competitors with tarrifs while having an exemption for themselves. And then they didn't get the exemption.

Owned

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This certainly sheds some light on why they consider Trump such an excellent businessman.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Power Khan posted:

Right into my veins

gently caress yes

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I am kinda surprised their waivers were turned down. That chud has a point, if the point if the steel tariffs were to help steel mills why sit by and watch them all get hosed. As far as I can tell that doesn't benefit Trump in any way.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

FMguru posted:

“He's not hurting the people he needs to be”

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Thundercracker posted:

I am kinda surprised their waivers were turned down. That chud has a point, if the point if the steel tariffs were to help steel mills why sit by and watch them all get hosed. As far as I can tell that doesn't benefit Trump in any way.

it’s not so much that it benefits trump as he just doesn’t care enough to make sure his policy is effective, and like the farmers, the smaller companies are getting hosed bc the big competitors are better at lobbying

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

it’s not so much that it benefits trump as he just doesn’t care enough to make sure his policy is effective, and like the farmers, the smaller companies are getting hosed bc the big competitors are better at lobbying
Yeah, it sounds like the big steel companies (Alcor, USX) got waivers while the small fry (like this guy) didn't. Trump hobnobs with the super rich big steel CEOs, he has no time for penny ante small operators like that guy.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

that is dirty

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I'm sure the benefits and profits will trickle down from the big steel companies to the little ones. That how it works, right?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Let's not let this steel mill story overshadow the food stamps guy unironically using GEOTUS in place of POTUS.

On Presidents' Day

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

FMguru posted:

it's just the moonie cult in a different context. people that spend their entire lives constructing an elaborate fantasy world for themselves often double down even harder on their beliefs even when confronted with objective, incontrovertible evidence to the contrary

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I am loving business magnates actually believing the promises of the brainless pathological liar who's notorious for bankrupting a bunch of his own companies. The party is rubes from bottom to top lmao

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Groovelord Neato posted:

I am loving business magnates actually believing the promises of the brainless pathological liar who's notorious for bankrupting a bunch of his own companies. The party is rubes from bottom to top lmao

if you own a business but you've never spoken to trump personally at a manhattan penthouse party, he doesn't give a poo poo about you and his policies are not intended to benefit you. doesn't stop every dude who is "CEO" of his own business employing 5 total people from acting like they're his best personal friend, but it does make their inevitable flaming tailspin hilarious to watch

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Intelligence is pretty far down the list of traits required to own or manage a business

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Insanity, on the other hand, is terrifyingly high on that list.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Wheeee posted:

Intelligence is pretty far down the list of traits required to own or manage a business

It honestly pisses me off too because these people absolutely do not deserve that level of success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wheeee posted:

Elephant Ambush posted:

It honestly pisses me off too because these people absolutely do not deserve that level of success

Yeah it owns. But I figured these guys running 9-10 figure businesses would at least be smart enough to know they were only getting tax cuts and the rest is bullshit from a man who's a decades-long failure and moron.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Feb 17, 2020