System Message

Secondary database maintenance is underway. Some features will be briefly unavailable.
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

welcome to hell posted:

How did you get over your SOs sexual past?

Unless they were during the current relationship I don't know how you can be that insecure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Right, two-hundred, that's easy!

"No sir, just two."

2?! How can you only have 2?! I can't do the math on just 2, that's way too hard!

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i was about to make a joke about meeting twins named baratheon and targaryen but then i remembered there's been at least one /r/ about someone's husband wanting to name their newborn twins jaime and cersei

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

welcome to hell posted:

Holy poo poo lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Admiral Ray posted:

I live in the American Pizza Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Pizza Cheeseman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while eating my pepperoni bunches. I can eat a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a wood-fired cleanser oven. In the shower I use a grease activated gel cleanser, then a marinara cashew body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating basil scrub. Then I apply an deep-dish facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no flour, because gluten dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye dough followed by a final mozzarella protective lotion. There is an idea of a Pizza Cheeseman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only a recipe. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cheese glaze, and you can shake my hand and feel stuffed crust gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our baking styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

therobit posted:

Unless they were during the current relationship I don't know how you can be that insecure.

just a hunch: conservative religious upbringing

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

just a hunch: conservative religious upbringing

Possibly just extreme insecurity.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Necros posted:

Possibly just extreme insecurity.

Possibly, but the fact that this is coming up with them already engaged makes me think he's been saving himself for marriage and is suddenly terrified she'll compare his performance to her previous partners.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Where was Fight Man's latest adventure posted? Is there a subreddit that he hasn't been banned from?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for accadently telling my friend he is annoying, and kinda loving out relationship up.

quote:

so one of my good friends is slightly annoying.

we where talking about noodles and what type we would buy for dinner, I then had to endure a 5 minute talk about how prisoners only get noodles and how the prison system is hosed. it's like that with EVERYTHING.

he is super passionate about the prison system and will add it into conversations any chance he can.

he also has to have an opinion on everything, he believes that modern cartoons are bad because they skimp on the animation and only make cartoons to appeal to kids.

he also watched 2 YouTube videos on eating healthy and now tells me how you can loose weight and acts like he has a degree in science.

image this with everything he says.

we decided to hang out and he drowns on about the prison system and I just said oh god your annoying can we talk about something else, he walked off and wont talk to me.

AITA

i feel I'm the rear end in a top hat but want your judgment.

this happend last week

I'm 22 and he is 24

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Haha. Cartoons these days suck they’re just geared towards kids. Not like cartoons when I was a kid

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Haifisch posted:

AITA for accadently telling my friend he is annoying, and kinda loving out relationship up.

What's his forum name?

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

Possibly, but the fact that this is coming up with them already engaged makes me think he's been saving himself for marriage and is suddenly terrified she'll compare his performance to her previous partners.
Apparently not.

commenter posted:

Are you two part of a conservative community/very religious? Are you your partner's first?

OP posted:

We aren’t and no he’s been with others too, but in relationships

OP posted:

He’s had a one night stand before, I accept it
My past

quote:

We are a little rocky for other reasons ( DB) Prior to our relationship, I had a very conservative sex life. I had, however, one FWB who I have expressed to my boyf I had feelings for. To me it was a lot more than a fwb. But my fiancé can’t help but feel as though this guy is laughing at him for ‘ paying for what he got for free ‘. He has mentioned it 3 times in our 1.3 year relationship but it just hurts so badly to hear and makes me feel really, really cheap. He apologises each time but today it made me cry as we are already rocky. He’s slept with a few more people than me but they were in committed relationships. Is this always going to be in the back of his mind? How can I help? Should I call quits? He’s 31 I’m 27. This is a hugeeeee insecurity for me because I’ve always wanted to save it for marriage however I made a stupid mistake and if I could turn back time I would. It haunts me Atleast once a day and I feel so bad for not waiting a little longer to meet my love

Tl;dr my past bothers me and it obviously bothers my fiancé. Sick of thinking of it and I feel awful about it.

Our wedding is soon.. will this spill into it?
"paying for what he got for free" ew

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

I live in the American Pizza Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Pizza Cheeseman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while eating my pepperoni bunches. I can eat a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a wood-fired cleanser oven. In the shower I use a grease activated gel cleanser, then a marinara cashew body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating basil scrub. Then I apply an deep-dish facial masque which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no flour, because gluten dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye dough followed by a final mozzarella protective lotion. There is an idea of a Pizza Cheeseman. Some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me. Only a recipe. Something illusory. And though I can hide my cheese glaze, and you can shake my hand and feel stuffed crust gripping yours, and maybe you can even sense our baking styles are probably comparable, I simply am not there.

This changed me.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So I’ve been going down the rabbit hole the “estranged parent community” and ooh boy is it some of the most concentrated boomer sadbrains you can find on the Internet. A taste

[url posted:

https://www.rejectedparents.net/forums/topic/it-takes-two/[/url]]
We had a few conversations , he always phoned me, from work, in his break. Those conversations were hard for me, I was literally walking on eggshells. I thought before I spoke, I showed interest in his life which I knew nothing about, I talked about his wife, and his son, my grandson, now one year old and whom I have never seen. I worked really hard to rebuild, because I want it so much. It’s true to say, he made no effort at all. He never asked about my own life, my husband, his step father who was so good to him. No reference to his grandparents who worshipped him, they blotted their copy book at his wedding, apparently, because they expressed their displeasure at the way we were all treated.
More recently he told me his wife says I hate her. I had to field that one, frankly, there’s nothing to like or admire, she’s deliberately ignored me for years, even on their wedding day, and at least partly responsible for estrangement. I said I don’t hate anyone, but the relationship did require work, which I am prepared to do, if she is. That my love for my child will always be greater than my differences and anyway, what would be the point of hating his wife?

Admiral Ray posted:

I live in the American Pizza Building on West 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Pizza Cheeseman. I’m 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while eating my pepperoni bunches. I can eat a thousand now.

:ck5:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

welcome to hell posted:

lmao. america evangelicals really did a number on everyone huh

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

nankeen posted:

My (25/F) roommate (26/M) doesn't want me taking out the garbage because of his extreme fear of opossums.

:mad:

I will not stand for this besmirchment of the humble and loyal possum.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (26m) want laser hair removal, but my girlfriend (22f) is fighting me.

I have gotten a full Brazilian wax + butt cheeks for the last few years because I personally like how it feels. Over time, though, it adds up, at around $50 a month, and I'd like to get laser hair removal over the areas I currently wax. But, my girlfriend is fighting me on it. We've tried talking about it a few times, and every time she tells me she isn't against me doing it, but that now isn't the right time. If I try to press further about when the right time will be, she gets frustrated and says she's tired of having the same discussion. At first she told me it she was worried it wasn't safe, and I showed her that it was. Then, it was a money issue, but when I pointed out that it wasn't THAT expensive, her reasons changed to, 'you should go see a dermatologist before you get it, etc' because it's too serious in her mind for me to choose to do without medical advise. I've watched Groupons come and go, and I'm just wondering, what can I do?

Tl;DR I want to zap off my pubes, gf seems to be blocking me, what should I/we do?
she should probably just admit she likes pubes because without he looks like a prepubescent boy or something and its a turn off.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Admiral Ray posted:

I did not want this to go unnoticed

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I should go get my rear end waxed some time

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://www.rejectedparents.net/forums/topic/i-am-💯-finished/

Golly can’t imagine why she didn’t instantly respond to her psycho mom’s email

Ruby66 posted:

Hi everyone, I thought I would try one more thing and then if that didn’t work I was definitely finished. I wrote my married ED a one line email that read ; We want to wish you a wonderful first Mother’s Day. I got not even a thank you. Just completely ignored. I know I shouldn’t have done it but I thought I would give it one more shot. Well now my 2 ED’s will NEVER EVER hear a word from me again. I made up my mind that they are incapable of any love and they have a heart of stone. I also made up my mind that the one ED’s child means nothing to me and she will be raised by an evil witch. We are done and I am done with crying one tear over them. I really despise both of them and I made up my mind that I will no longer have them existing in my life.
They don’t exist and I’m moving on without them for good.
Ruby66

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My girl ruby66 two weeks earlier:

quote:

I just received an email from my oldest ED
Who is 42 years old and a social worker. If I wouldn’t go to jail I
Would literally strangle her. This the worst I have ever gotten.
My other ED with the newborn is just as bad.
My oldest said she hopes and prays that I am going
Insane and crazy because I’ll never see my grandchild and it makes her happy. She said they have been living in peace for 3 years and they are happy to get rid of us.
When my husband had a heart issue last May and he was in ICU
For 5 days I texted them to let them know,
They did nothing.My husband told them he
Could have died. Their answer we were
Prepared. They already have us dead. I want
To answer the email but I don’t want to get
another knife in my back, but I cannot
Hold back. I want to tell them that they are
Disowned and they should all go straight to hell.
What would you do? I must do something because
It’s eatimg me up. I can’t eat or sleep until
I make a move. Please help with your opinions.
I’m really stuck. I really despise them both.
Thank you Ruby66

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

https://www.rejectedparents.net/forums/topic/i-am-💯-finished/

Golly can’t imagine why she didn’t instantly respond to her psycho mom’s email

I wonder if she even got the email from missmillie666666@aol.com or if it got filtered as spam.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

My girl ruby66 two weeks earlier:

if baby bombers werent such unilaterally poo poo people that emotionally/physically abused and control-freaked their children, and keep saying poo poo like bombing n raping brown children is good bc they're gunna grow up to be criminals bc they're brown and thats what browns do, then i would almost have a shred of sympathy for them

instead

nope

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This Sheri McGregor lady and her website and community is like an abusers support forum, it’s a fascinating look into the boomer lifestyle.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Has anyone posted that cliche Sarte quote ITT because lol its true

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Trust me, this one is better than the title suggests.

I'm [F34] pregnant and struggling with my husband's [M35] lack of support regarding my in-laws behaviour. How can I improve the situation?

quote:

Sorry for the length, I've explained this on r/AITA but since the common opinion is that I'm not at fault, I was told to look for advice elsewhere.

SOME INFO: I've been happily married for 10 years now. I'm still very much in love and he's my best friend and we normally never argue! I'm not even sure if this was an argument but it left me feeling lonely, unsupported and isolated from his side of the family.

The relationship with his parents has been strained. They own a number of mouse figurines; they are made from different materials and one is a giant papier-maché one called Timothy. Each of them has a whole character profile with backstories, personal preferences, family relations etc. and all of them are seen as part of the family (Timothy even as my in-laws’ grandchild).

What unsettles me, is that they constantly talk as them with other mice or each other/guests. They’ll use a high-pitched tone and they’ll talk in a manner that little children would use. For instance, my husband’s father will squeakingly say “My tummy hurts, I am hungry!” while wiggling a mouse plushie in my face. I’m then expected to answer the mouse and get it, not him, something to eat. They do this constantly. In fact, most of the time, the mice are talking, not them.

Til now, I’ve never said anything judgy but I usually avoid talking to the mice and instead address the person talking. I’ve never talked as a mouse. His parents have noticed this and have often tried forcing me into it. They are visibly upset that I won’t participate and have “gifted me” mice figurines on several occasions that I haven't used. I understand that it’s probably them welcoming me into the family but I’m just too creeped out by it. When they visit us, they force me to get them out of the closet and display them and I feel invaded by that. (At the same time, I feel silly about feeling invaded by inanimate objects.)

Today, it escalated when we announced that I am pregnant and my father-in-law replied that it would be wonderful “to soon have two grandchildren” (by the first, he meant Timothy). For the first time, I got angry and said that he didn’t have a grandchild yet and that my child wasn’t comparable to a papier-maché mouse. They got very angry and I got screamed at as Timothy for disrespecting him. He called me stupid.

This is the conflict I need advice for:

Instead of supporting me, my husband stayed silent the whole time and later told me that many people's stuffed animals talk and that he can’t understand how I am so tolerant in everything but this. I was crying at this point but he didn't comfort me which is very unlike him and how I know that he is truly upset as well.

I've been very sad as I'm a family-oriented person and I've always regretted that I don't feel included in his side of the family. His parents have always acted cold towards me although I've made an effort to take a genuine interest in their lives and to build a bond with them. After my outburst, it’s obviously even worse. I feel lonely and unsure and I don’t know how to act anymore or how to make him understand that I need him to do something! I don't even know what I want him to do exactly. I'm scared that he will reject me for being "difficult" and putting him in an uncomfortable position but at the same time I feel like I can't stand this anymore. I'm scared that they'll do this to our child or make them feel unloved.

So, I'm looking for advice on how to deal with this situation.

Should I press the issue or accept the situation and try to avoid them? How should I deal with this once our child is born?

TL;dr My in-laws communicate as and via mouse figurines who they see as family members. I don’t want to participate and told them my child would be different from and more important than a mouse grandchild. They got really angry and, instead of supporting me, my husband thinks I should be more tolerant.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Propaniac posted:

I'm [F34] pregnant and struggling with my husband's [M35] lack of support regarding my in-laws behaviour. How can I improve the situation?

Buy a papier-maché cat named Horace and have it meet Timothy. Get into it. Have it befriend him. Woo him. Gain his trust. Then set him on fire. Everyone knows you can't trust a cat, but you in your eagerness to be involved, did. A flaw we all share.

This won't help fix whatever is broken inside your in-law's heads , that tulpa is there to stay. But it will be very, very funny.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Propaniac posted:

They're insane and husband doesn't realize it because he was raised by these people. When they die their floorboards will be peeled back to reveal the giant psychic rat king they worship. Hope that helps.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

This is what furries were before the Internet.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Tythas posted:

AITA if I ask my GF to shower daily?

There are millions of woman in this world that have already solved the problem of "how do I clean myself but not get my hair wet", GF is just a digusting idiot.

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xik posted:

There are millions of woman in this world that have already solved the problem of "how do I clean myself but not get my hair wet", GF is just a digusting idiot.

loving billions even.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Propaniac posted:

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCK

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Propaniac posted:

Invite the parents over a long, drunken night of drama where you slowly kill off every every mouse plushie they've given you over the years, ending with the revelation that Timmy died decades ago in the Gulf War. Watch Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf for inspiration.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for selling my daughter's car after discovering her texting & driving?

When my daughter was 14, wife and I decided we would buy a car for her to use on her 16th if she proved herself to be responsible, got good grades, etc. There would be a "contract" of sorts to ensure we were all on the same page. The stipulations were continuing good grades, good attitude, she could only bring one friend with her somewhere (to begin with), we had to know where she was, and the obvious two: don't drink & drive, and don't text and drive.

We made it clear that we were buying the car, but it was for her to use. We got the car, a 2012 Honda Civic. She has a summer job right now, it's summer break so she's out doing stuff with her friends, etc. In a few months she will be off to college. Everything was going swimmingly. Until someone on that NextDoor app started posting pictures and videos of bad drivers in the area. And lo and behold, my daughter was posted with her face down as she texted and rolled through a stop sign. Once with her face down in her phone at a stoplight. I was livid. My wife was the one who showed it to me. We found out there were more instances (from her Instagram Stories) and we decided... no.

Wife and I up and sold the car. We didn't lose very much in the process, except of course our daughter completely came unraveled. It's so unfair, I didn't hurt anyone, everyone's doing it, how am I supposed to get to work, what about when I go to college? Well, we said no, it's not unfair, you hurt us by being a lovely, irresponsible driver, no, not everyone's doing it, you can walk, ride your bike, or take the bus, and as for college, you don't need the car to get to and from classes, and again, ride your bike or walk. She tried to play the "how can you send your daughter to college without her safety in mind?" card and I said "Well, well, well, now you're concerned about safety?" and she just up and screamed.

This has everyone in our life up in arms and divided. Her grandparents think we're being over the top and awful, that grounding her would have sufficed. They've threatened that THEY will buy her a car again if we try to send her to college without one.

The car is already sold, so there's no going back. I think what we did was absolutely correct, that actions have consequences and we would be in the wrong to pull back from that. In terms of her going to college? Well, she made that choice. She had a car, it came with certain stipulations, she disobeyed us, and now she pays the price.

So AITA?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

I've just discovered /r/saneorpsycho exists.

Is being attracted to psycho psycho?

I think this issue is self-correcting.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Propaniac posted:

This would make a great horror movie.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I hire people with learning disabilities for their illiteracy?

Was talking about this with my SO recently, she thinks my idea is exploitative whereas I think it's giving a steady job to people that traditionally have trouble finding work.

I'm not going to be exact with details, but my business deals with transport of corporate documents. Very private documents.

After reading an article about how a similar business operated abroad and an employee had Down's Syndrome but his illiteracy became his strength in the privacy business, I realized that I hadn't ever considered that avenue of data protection. What if I could guarantee clients that my own employees wouldn't read those documents, while also giving jobs to people with illiteracy? Seemed like a win-win in my book.

(This is probably important: they would be paid a full wage, equal to current workers; I think it's disgusting that people with mental or physical disabilities can be paid less than minimum wage. Also I don't think all people with mental disabilities are illiterate, but illiteracy is a trait I would specifically look for.)

I ran this idea by my SO and she looked kinda disgusted and said I would be exploiting people with learning disabilities. I mean...kinda? I don't know. I need an outside opinion.

So reddit, would I be the rear end in a top hat for using employee's illiteracy as a selling point for my business?

EDIT: cool, so there's a general consensus that I'm NTA. I'll take that to mean I should look towards moving this idea to the next stage. Thank you all who replied, I've read every single comment.

pretend i posted the nathan for you with the guaranteed asexual computer repair

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for selling my daughter's car after discovering her texting & driving?

When my daughter was 14, wife and I decided we would buy a car for her to use on her 16th if she proved herself to be responsible, got good grades, etc. There would be a "contract" of sorts to ensure we were all on the same page. The stipulations were continuing good grades, good attitude, she could only bring one friend with her somewhere (to begin with), we had to know where she was, and the obvious two: don't drink & drive, and don't text and drive.

We made it clear that we were buying the car, but it was for her to use. We got the car, a 2012 Honda Civic. She has a summer job right now, it's summer break so she's out doing stuff with her friends, etc. In a few months she will be off to college. Everything was going swimmingly. Until someone on that NextDoor app started posting pictures and videos of bad drivers in the area. And lo and behold, my daughter was posted with her face down as she texted and rolled through a stop sign. Once with her face down in her phone at a stoplight. I was livid. My wife was the one who showed it to me. We found out there were more instances (from her Instagram Stories) and we decided... no.

Wife and I up and sold the car. We didn't lose very much in the process, except of course our daughter completely came unraveled. It's so unfair, I didn't hurt anyone, everyone's doing it, how am I supposed to get to work, what about when I go to college? Well, we said no, it's not unfair, you hurt us by being a lovely, irresponsible driver, no, not everyone's doing it, you can walk, ride your bike, or take the bus, and as for college, you don't need the car to get to and from classes, and again, ride your bike or walk. She tried to play the "how can you send your daughter to college without her safety in mind?" card and I said "Well, well, well, now you're concerned about safety?" and she just up and screamed.

This has everyone in our life up in arms and divided. Her grandparents think we're being over the top and awful, that grounding her would have sufficed. They've threatened that THEY will buy her a car again if we try to send her to college without one.

The car is already sold, so there's no going back. I think what we did was absolutely correct, that actions have consequences and we would be in the wrong to pull back from that. In terms of her going to college? Well, she made that choice. She had a car, it came with certain stipulations, she disobeyed us, and now she pays the price.

So AITA?

Texting and driving is more dangerous than drunk driving so while this sounds extreme it's probably fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Propaniac posted:

WOW