Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Drakkel posted:

I literally don't but at this point I guess i've pissed off enough people it's not worth it anymore. Sincerely sorry that I've ruined peoples fun and will just refrain from posting any more.

Just post your poo poo, it's not a big deal lol. Didn't know it was illegal... To comment on your posting!!! I just spent a week crying about the idea of Christian winning and then he won, poo poo happens, don't tuck tail and run the first time you get some pushback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Why is this thread going to poo poo complaining about AEW, the AEW thread already does that?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SonicRulez posted:

Once something is said enough, it gets easy for people to repeat offhand without any further examination. That's just the way discourse goes. It's like people talking about how great The Tribal Chief is even though the entire thing ran out of gas a few months ago.

This is why I must repeatedly bravely and valiantly say that it has actually sucked basically ever since he started feuding with his cousins.

Even the angle where he came back, which was actually cool, still had him talking at Bray for like loving five minutes, instead of just beating him up. Which was a precursor of things to come, I guess!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wow you should sue him for copyright infringement

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Drakkel posted:

I literally don't but at this point I guess i've pissed off enough people it's not worth it anymore. Sincerely sorry that I've ruined peoples fun and will just refrain from posting any more.

“Not trying to make anybody have the worst day at their jobs”

Drakkel, just post - sorry if I seemed extra grumpy I’m having a poo poo morning, you can always just choose to ignore me I won’t be offended

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Well she wanted to see great wrestling for a change.

So SummerSlam is on Saturday not Sunday? TakeOver is Sunday.

And surprisingly they have 8 matches announced for it

Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley Triple Threat match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
Roman Reigns (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) (with MVP) vs. Goldberg Singles match for the WWE Championship
The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Bianca Belair (c) vs. Sasha Banks Singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship
Edge vs. Seth Rollins Singles match
Sheamus (c) vs. Damian Priest Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
Drew McIntyre vs. Jinder Mahal (with Veer and Shanky)

TakeOver has 5 matches
Walter (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov Singles match for the NXT United Kingdom Championship
Karrion Kross (c) (with Scarlett) vs. Samoa Joe Singles match for the NXT Championship
Raquel González (c) vs. Dakota Kai Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship
LA Knight (c) vs. Cameron Grimes (with Ted DiBiase) Singles match for the Million Dollar Championship. If Grimes loses, Ted DiBiase must become Knight’s butler.
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole Two-out-of-three-falls match Fall 1: Singles match Fall 2: Street Fight Fall 3 (if necessary): Steel Cage match

VVV This Saturday

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Is summer fest this Sunday or next or what

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

MJeff posted:

This is why I must repeatedly bravely and valiantly say that it has actually sucked basically ever since he started feuding with his cousins.

Even the angle where he came back, which was actually cool, still had him talking at Bray for like loving five minutes, instead of just beating him up. Which was a precursor of things to come, I guess!

I think I liked that first match with Jey because WHICH ONE ARE YOU was a really good promo and it suckered me in. But that was to diminishing returns and Jimmy's addition to the act didn't make it any better. And WWE by company mandate doesn't have any faces, so Reigns hasn't actually had anything to do in a long time. I don't like his particular brand of main event heel, but I do think there were parts of it that could've worked for longer than it did.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wow you should sue him for copyright infringement

lmfao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

“Not trying to make anybody have the worst day at their jobs”

Drakkel, just post - sorry if I seemed extra grumpy I’m having a poo poo morning, you can always just choose to ignore me I won’t be offended

I mean if you insist I can give you may Hot Takes on Charlotte being unrecog-

No for real I do bitch too much about certain things and should really tone it down. It is all good.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

The incredible and great and awesome Impact Knockout's Division is more something I've just kinda seen people say forever, rather than something I've actually been able to figure like, exists?

i fell for this until i watched the slammiversary 2020 womens gauntlet match

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Drakkel posted:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

folks, gatekeeping works

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

Walter (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov Singles match for the NXT United Kingdom Championship
Karrion Kross (c) (with Scarlett) vs. Samoa Joe Singles match for the NXT Championship
Raquel González (c) vs. Dakota Kai Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

It's p funny that one person in every single one of these matches has been made to look like total loser jabronie leading up to the big important show.

And when I say it's funny it's mainly because HUMILIATION FOR LOSER HUNTER

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

I certainly don't mind Andrade in AEW but I still say that would've been cool.

NWA is a feeder system for the rest of the FORBIDDEN DOOR promotions. That's fine. That's valuable. Ricky Starks came from NWA. I like Ricky Starks. Do you like Ricky Starks? gently caress them for putting a belt on Tyrus, though.

My question is, RoH or MLW?

I say RoH, because they have Slex comma The Business.

MLW feels like a company that books a lot of really cool talent and then pays them poorly so nobody puts effort in and everything ends up being a disappointment. Like the Lucha Bros had a cup of tea there but it was outshined dramatically by what they did in PWG, Impact, and now AEW.

I honestly do not understand MLW. Even including their original run I doubt MLW has anything as good as Gresham vs Mike Bennett from last month, or Bandido vs Flamita from April.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

If by some stretch BBT is able to coax Paul Levesque onto AEW programming after being on the humiliating outs with his father-in-law, that’s a guy I want to see in the Codyverse immediately. Wait, I’m receiving word from my vape pen that this is a really bad idea? poo poo. :justpost:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
How much is Paul gonna charge for an auto at his Starrcade booth

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's p funny that one person in every single one of these matches has been made to look like total loser jabronie leading up to the big important show.

Kai's lost was on Main Event so like 20 people saw that. She beat Sarray just this past week so at least it's a win

What they did to Ilja was just horrible. And :lol: at everything involving Kross. Which I assume Joe wins, Kross disappearing chasing the 24/7 title in 2 weeks and maybe Dunne takes it off Joe?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tato posted:

How much is Paul gonna charge for an auto at his Starrcade booth

150 for his autograph, 300 for a pic of him doing the finger point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

smikey posted:

Why is this thread going to poo poo complaining about AEW, the AEW thread already does that?

The addition of Rampage to the weekly schedule has put extra time stressors on the discourse cycle which now threatens to explode and engulf the entire forum. Rampage must be cancelled in order to ensure PSP can b e saved

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Rarity posted:

The addition of Rampage to the weekly schedule has put extra time stressors on the discourse cycle which now threatens to explode and engulf the entire forum. Rampage must be cancelled in order to ensure PSP can b e saved

Keep rampage :gas: psp IMO

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Cerebral Bore posted:

I predict all 3 of the geeks end up winning their matches

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

Remember how WWE went from having one of the best collective women's rosters in the world outside of Japan to dropping to one of the worst in about the length of AEW's lifespan? That was funny. Then they decided to stop pushing anyone that people wanted to see and now they're going back to the Divas era to spite HHH and so Vince and his goons can bust a nut again

WWE still has, collectively, one of the best women's rosters in the world. There are a lot of issues going on at the moment, but It's just that they're so loving brain dead they would rather split them into 4 brands so that they can run multiple house shows at once. Each show has 1 or 2 top faces/heels, and a bunch of goobers that will never hold the main title but have no mid card title to fight for.

They have 57 women employed between Raw, Smackdown, NXT, and UK. You could pluck the Top 20 names from all four brands and you'd have a loving phenomenal women's division.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Just post, dude. This forum is way too hostile against criticism of AEW. Don't worry about it.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Astro7x posted:

WWE still has, collectively, one of the best women's rosters in the world. There are a lot of issues going on at the moment, but It's just that they're so loving brain dead they would rather split them into 4 brands so that they can run multiple house shows at once. Each show has 1 or 2 top faces/heels, and a bunch of goobers that will never hold the main title but have no mid card title to fight for.

They have 57 women employed between Raw, Smackdown, NXT, and UK. You could pluck the Top 20 names from all four brands and you'd have a loving phenomenal women's division.

I don’t think they can end the split even if they wanted to now, wasn’t a more enforced split part of the deal with fox? Although that doesn’t stop them from jamming the women’s tag team into every show for whatever reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Well she wanted to see great wrestling for a change.

Question: If I only watch one match from AAA, is the Mega or tag title match better?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Summerslam is this Saturday. NXT Takeover is next Sunday :)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

Question: If I only watch one match from AAA, is the Mega or tag title match better?

tag title match hosed IMO

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE has proven time and time again that ending the brand split doesn't actually change anything, ever. It just ends up putting the same people at the top of the card on both shows and then pushing people in the middle off the show entirely and since the writing has gotten even worse since the last time that happened I'm sure we'll all get nostalgic over the Smackdown era that was like 40% RAW recaps, 40% commercials, and an occasional Daniel Bryan match with the IC title because he said he was going to stay on Smackdown for some reason

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They just did poo poo for 15 minutes, it loving ruled.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

KungFu Grip posted:

Summerslam is this Saturday. NXT Takeover is next Sunday :)

SummerSlam is 21st
TakeOver is 22nd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

They just did poo poo for 15 minutes, it loving ruled.

Tag match was great, but Andrade/Kenny had the best moment of the night. And shockingly the match of the night (Which I saw) involved Moose and he was hanging with Ishii

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

RealFoxy posted:

WWE has proven time and time again that ending the brand split doesn't actually change anything, ever. It just ends up putting the same people at the top of the card on both shows and then pushing people in the middle off the show entirely...

This is pretty much exactly what I imagine would happen. Both Raw and Smackdown would revolve entirely around Roman Reigns (kinda like the last time they ended a brand split) and they'd just end up having rematches from Raw on Smackdown that are already rematches from the previous week. They're already doing stuff like having Damien Priest and Morrison wrestle twice in the same night, without a split you'd just see them wrestle 3 to 4 times a week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
oh NOW they wanna make takeover the main event of the weekend after NXT isn't the workrate show anymore

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rarity posted:

WWE booking as if they were wearing blinders and ignoring audience response was actually a way to keep the wrestling commentariat from devouring itself when they had hope of influencing who did or did not deserve a push

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

RealFoxy posted:

WWE has proven time and time again that ending the brand split doesn't actually change anything, ever. It just ends up putting the same people at the top of the card on both shows and then pushing people in the middle off the show entirely and since the writing has gotten even worse since the last time that happened I'm sure we'll all get nostalgic over the Smackdown era that was like 40% RAW recaps, 40% commercials, and an occasional Daniel Bryan match with the IC title because he said he was going to stay on Smackdown for some reason

I mean... that's fine. WWE was pretty great when there was no brand split really and Smackdown was just the 50/50 booking of what happened on Raw.

Like I would be completely fine if the middle of the show dropped off entirely. It's pretty horrible and why the show is not watchable.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Remember the wild card rule where Roman would take up 20 minutes on both shows every week

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Astro7x posted:

I mean... that's fine. WWE was pretty great when there was no brand split really and Smackdown was just the 50/50 booking of what happened on Raw.

Like I would be completely fine if the middle of the show dropped off entirely. It's pretty horrible and why the show is not watchable.
I'm just going to admit that I'm not WWE's target audience anymore so I don't care if they go back to the Super Cena era with a bunch of talent like Carlito and Chris Masters, but trained worse and with worse scripts as long as they release all the talent they've hoarded back into the wild.

But the writing has just been so bad lately that I can't see a brand split and a return to their pre CM Punk/Daniel Brian indie era to be good TV

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I won’t be offended

I don't for a moment believe this considering what happens anytime AEW ever be even slightly hinted at criticized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It was awesome, even though 3 of the 6 people in it were kind of gassed from doing the Marvel match earlier.