Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shy posted:

It's nice! But the balls are too small.

ball slider when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

ball slider when

When they add the tanuki beast tribe

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mango Polo posted:

I specifically gave up on BRD because of all the procs flashing everywhere :shobon:

If MCH is steadier that'd suit me fine.

imagine if, every time you attacked, you had a 50% chance to proc your next attack in the combo

this is life as a MCH

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

imagine if, every time you attacked, you had a 50% chance to proc your next attack in the combo

this is life as a MCH

I mean yeah, I know the basic combo is reliant on procs, but the rest of the class itself isn't... right? BRD was basically "sing this, watch these procs, sing that now watch for different procs, and also there's some more procs" and that got a bit tiring.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I managed to rip aggro on the first boss of VA as a summoner.

I have several questions for everyone involved.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BRD is good and fun

It should have more procs imo

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Did you have titan out

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No because I foolishly thought with 23 other people someone would be able to hold aggro.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Arist posted:

BRD is good and fun

It should have more procs imo

It'll probably be the next thing I level to 70 as soon as I can stomach doing PotD the requisite 20 times or so get it from 52-60.

Admittedly, I only leveled it at all initially because I wanted to jam out on my harp in the middle of a city and be obnoxious as possible.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well, I only tried Sephirot, but the PF party wiped twice and then I went to work.

Well no ilevel amount can stop people from falling off. I figure it's that or colors. Since both of those are just movement, you just need a group that is less bad.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Saint Freak posted:

There's two types of dumb tanks in 24-person content. The first kind is bound and determined to be the main tank no matter what, to the point of doing Provoke and Shirk shenanigans to rip aggro off of any other tank that might dare to steal their job. The second kind reckon they're a DPS with an extra side of badass and refuse to even think about going into tank stance ever. This can lead to a lot of FUN if you get two or three of the former, or three of the latter, which is what it sounds like you got! If it makes you feel better, I had three of the first type in World of Darkness a couple of days ago, and they didn't even have the decency to get into position before Provoking. So some asshat PLD would provoke, Angra Whatever would spin around 90 degrees, cleave everyone, and I'd have four or five people to Ressurect.

Also also, SMN is actually one of, if not the highest-parsing DPS jobs right now. That's level 70 of course, but it does bring some pretty serious damage output right now. If your tanks aren't, like, tanking, and you have i340 fancy raider gear while everyone else is in whatever, it's not surprising that you could pull that off. Of course, that means you should have used Lucid Dreaming or Diversion to keep from getting aggroed. :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SonicRulez posted:

Well no ilevel amount can stop people from falling off. I figure it's that or colors. Since both of those are just movement, you just need a group that is less bad.

Colors were the issue, yeah. The edge wasn't calling tonight. This time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

As I'm tanking various thing on my Warrior I'm noticing a shitload of other tanks want to MT really goddamn badly, and I have no clue why. Like knock yourself the gently caress out dude I'm gonna sit in Deliverance and fell cleave the poo poo out of this dude instead

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Saint Freak posted:

Well, I think I like Summoner a little better now.

If you didn't read the notes Ruin 1 is gone, Ruin 2 now becomes 4 on proc (still instant), Ruin 3 is now your default with a normal mp cost that becomes instant during dwt, and tri-bind is actually worth using in dwt.
Somebody likes tri-bind.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

But is bahamut still awkward to use?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bolow posted:

As I'm tanking various thing on my Warrior I'm noticing a shitload of other tanks want to MT really goddamn badly, and I have no clue why. Like knock yourself the gently caress out dude I'm gonna sit in Deliverance and fell cleave the poo poo out of this dude instead

Yeah, big dick tanking is nice and all, but letting your hair down and dpsing as a tank is a fun treat too

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Bolow posted:

As a PLD nothing gives me greater joy than tallying up the amount of damage I haven't taken thanks to Hallowed Ground.

I have yet to see any Fell cleaves reach the 800k mark :v:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

There's two types of dumb tanks in 24-person content. The first kind is bound and determined to be the main tank no matter what, to the point of doing Provoke and Shirk shenanigans to rip aggro off of any other tank that might dare to steal their job. The second kind reckon they're a DPS with an extra side of badass and refuse to even think about going into tank stance ever. This can lead to a lot of FUN if you get two or three of the former, or three of the latter, which is what it sounds like you got! If it makes you feel better, I had three of the first type in World of Darkness a couple of days ago, and they didn't even have the decency to get into position before Provoking. So some asshat PLD would provoke, Angra Whatever would spin around 90 degrees, cleave everyone, and I'd have four or five people to Ressurect.

Also also, SMN is actually one of, if not the highest-parsing DPS jobs right now. That's level 70 of course, but it does bring some pretty serious damage output right now. If your tanks aren't, like, tanking, and you have i340 fancy raider gear while everyone else is in whatever, it's not surprising that you could pull that off. Of course, that means you should have used Lucid Dreaming or Diversion to keep from getting aggroed. :colbert:

You forgot about the tanks who have no intention of main tanking, but never leave tank stance for any reason whatsoever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Then you have tanks who try to steal Bone Dragon away from you in order to take him to the north, the bastards

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Jay Rust posted:

Then you have tanks who try to steal Bone Dragon away from you in order to take him to the north, the bastards

Wait, as opposed to the center? BONE ZONE 4 lyfe

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Wait, as opposed to the center? BONE ZONE 4 lyfe

I found out this morning that they nerfed the Bone Zone when I pulled the dragon to the center. The skeletons exploding do so little damage that everyone will survive even if they're not stacked for heals. People still got pissy about it though.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Is there way for my apartment to have the Armoire and Cutscene viewing items that are present in the inn?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Mango Polo posted:

I mean yeah, I know the basic combo is reliant on procs, but the rest of the class itself isn't... right? BRD was basically "sing this, watch these procs, sing that now watch for different procs, and also there's some more procs" and that got a bit tiring.

The way MCH flows is you have your Wildfire phase where it's time to buckle the gently caress up and nail a very tight rotation where bads who drop GCDs need not wander, then you get a breather for a while until you're ready to go again. Harder content is mostly about figuring out when you can just barely squeeze your wildfire rotation in before a mechanic and when you have to wait for the mechanic to pass first. Other than the coinflip shot system which you either love or hate, there's no real randomness to the class. You just try to keep your 60 second cycles as tight as possible.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

yes. Either buy them from the MB, or get someone to make one for you. The cutscene viewing journal is called The Unending Journey, and you already know what the armoire is called.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shinryu EX might be my favorite fight in the game now. It's real loving good.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Where's the alchemist leve that you can just throw HQ potions at?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Hra Mormo posted:

The way MCH flows is you have your Wildfire phase where it's time to buckle the gently caress up and nail a very tight rotation where bads who drop GCDs need not wander, then you get a breather for a while until you're ready to go again. Harder content is mostly about figuring out when you can just barely squeeze your wildfire rotation in before a mechanic and when you have to wait for the mechanic to pass first. Other than the coinflip shot system which you either love or hate, there's no real randomness to the class. You just try to keep your 60 second cycles as tight as possible.
Honestly this is my main issue with MCH right now. I really want to like it, but basically all the complexity in the class is squeezed into the wildfire window and it's shallow and simple outside of that. I would have much preferred juggling heat like at launch than having to deal with it. Wildfire is a horrible ability and needs to either be revamped or go away, especially in an era when other classes are getting big 600+ potency flashy finale nukes. :shrug:

Unrelatedly... assuming I'm an idiot player, which should be easy because I am, what the hell do you spend Poetics and Verity on when you have all the armor sets you'll ever bother to use? I even grabbed the various orchestrion rolls and the like, and I'm guessing excess Verity is pointless since the mats you can buy are worthless on the market board, but what about Poetics? I'm sort of spinning my wheels buying some umbrite in case I ever want to level another anima weapons (I won't), but I'll run out of that excuse eventually and I'm sure there has to be some better use for them.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://i.imgur.com/aoLLTvt.mp4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My very first Shinryu party back on Tuesday made it to adds within a single lockout

I haven't seen them again since then

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Asimo posted:

Unrelatedly... assuming I'm an idiot player, which should be easy because I am, what the hell do you spend Poetics and Verity on when you have all the armor sets you'll ever bother to use? I even grabbed the various orchestrion rolls and the like, and I'm guessing excess Verity is pointless since the mats you can buy are worthless on the market board, but what about Poetics? I'm sort of spinning my wheels buying some umbrite in case I ever want to level another anima weapons (I won't), but I'll run out of that excuse eventually and I'm sure there has to be some better use for them.

For Poetics, you can use them to do your Anima weapon. I think I only need like 15,000 more :shepicide:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

That reminds me, is there a guide somewhere for how to do an opener as MCH? I assume it's just 'hot shot, hit bstab, gauss barrell, reload, wildfire, do the usual keymash' and you don't overheat until the second wildfire but maybe there's something different?

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

vOv posted:

That reminds me, is there a guide somewhere for how to do an opener as MCH? I assume it's just 'hot shot, hit bstab, gauss barrell, reload, wildfire, do the usual keymash' and you don't overheat until the second wildfire but maybe there's something different?

The version I've been doing after reading it somewhere:
(Start with 3) Hypercharge, Hot Shot, Quick, 1 - 2 - 1, Reassemble, Rapid Fire, Flamethrower to overheat, WF, 3 (Reload) - 2 (Gauss) - 3 (Rico), CD until overheat ends, use stabilizer to get back to 50.

Kobata fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 15, 2017

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Guys, I'm really happy with how my apartment turned out. :neckbeard:

I can still add a few more doodads and things, probably to the walls, but it feels pretty cozy for a cheap little place away from my house in the Shroud.

Excal, Shirogane Ward 1 Subdivision, Apartment 7 if you want to come and visit.

Now, if I could just find a RDM glam I'm satisfied with. :argh:

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 15, 2017

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!

I like your clever use of space. It's cramped yet roomy.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

My very first Shinryu party back on Tuesday made it to adds within a single lockout

I haven't seen them again since then

It took me 3 days and 100+ pulls of exclusively add phase progression or clear parties before I got back to the add phase. Party Finder people are incredibly bad at this fight. The good news is the last two phases are super easy and will probably only take 2 or 3 pulls at most.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Leofish posted:

I can still add a few more doodads and things, probably to the walls, but it feels pretty cozy for a cheap little place away from my house in the Shroud.

I'm going to have to creep into your apartment sometime because I desperately, desperately need some inspiration for my FC house room.

It's part of the end game and it lets you add a bit of character to your, uh, character, and I've been ignoring it this whole time until I got a stuffed Khloe from Wondrous Tails.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Need inspiration for what to do with a small space? Look no further than the Shitpost Cottage.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Leofish posted:

do the paper walls slide open?

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011
I like it Leofish :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

What's that grassy floor you have? I've never seen it before and now I want it in my FC room.