Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Andorra posted:

Sent a request to Roxxon Oil. Name in the game is Best Loser

I gotcha. We should hopefully be done with Round 4 tonight, but Sinister Six is more generous than the other Alliance events. We've been getting up to Round 6 done lately, but I'd like to get things going to Round 7 completions again. I can make room for 3 or 4 more people as needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
drat, my alliance kicked it into over drive, <12 hours in a lot of us have hit personal progression, and some time before noon tomorrow we'll hit alliance progression (2.8 million remaining in round 8)

(they have a rule only single boss hits for rounds 1 and 2, to maximize the boss hits, doesn't take much/long to flip to round 3, and then the points start adding up quickly)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

what do you mean by 'only single boss hits'

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Ignite Memories posted:

what do you mean by 'only single boss hits'

I haven't played in 6 months or so, I hit 1000 days and just got tired of the game, but they're trying to maximize points and refresh utilization I'm guessing. So I haven't played this event, but previous boss events would allow 6 boss attacks per 8 hours or so. 1 to start and then 5 more after beating the other nodes. Generally everyone is unorganized and just hits until they can't anymore, which works, but can lead to someone using 6 turns to earn a low number of points and stunting their personal progression. . If everyone just hits the boss node 1 time at the beginning you save your refreshes until points are higher in later rounds, you get to the personal progression faster.

The events usually last long enough that everyone hits the progression regardless though, so there might be other motivation there.

Not sure if anyone else plays Marvel Strike Force, but if anyone needs an alliance let me know and next time we have an opening I could probably get you in.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I joined PvP on a whim this season after not having bothered for a longass time (only really do DPDs, and even then I skip the 2* nodes), and I'm somehow Top 300 with 1k total points.

Did I just get into a lax seasonal pool or is the game sorta devoid of players at the moment?

OldNorthBridge
Jul 23, 2003

Take your medicine!

I haven't checked PvP in so long. I wonder if most people just play PvE now so you don't have to go up against all high level gimmick / impossible teams?

If anyone needs an alliance, Bone Rangers has spots. We have about 10 members that play daily and in Alliance events.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
These days, I pretty much just do DDP and PVP, plus whenever the big events pop up. I grind up to sixteen wins for the Command Points, maybe a rank or two higher if I'm on a roll, then ditch out. PVE is just too repetitive for me.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

God it really is impressive how unpleasant the team comps and restrictions for ostensibly a Christmas reward event are. Throw some underleveled GoG characters into a Thanos/Medusa/Venom murdercomp! Eat poo poo forever for nothing!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I tried PVP a week ago and loving hated it.

If I see Medusa, Bishop, R&G, or JJ I just refresh, and I refresh a LOT.

Back to just doing Deadpool Dailies.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

does anyone know if the current sale that gives 4* and 5* shards pays out the same amount of shards for EACH of your favorited heroes, or does it divide the total between the number of favorited heroes at each tier? because getting 250 4* shard for every 4* character for $20 seems like a steal, but it probably doesn't work that way right?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Freaking Crumbum posted:

does anyone know if the current sale that gives 4* and 5* shards pays out the same amount of shards for EACH of your favorited heroes, or does it divide the total between the number of favorited heroes at each tier? because getting 250 4* shard for every 4* character for $20 seems like a steal, but it probably doesn't work that way right?
It’s total, otherwise you could abuse the hell out of it.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Are there any somewhat active groups yet? The one I'm in now is down to 7 or 8 people

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Cadiem posted:

Are there any somewhat active groups yet? The one I'm in now is down to 7 or 8 people

Ours seem to be down to 11 or 12, so maybe a consolidation is in order?

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
It looks like we will end up having 7 people in the event. Maybe once it is over we can look at merging

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
8 so far for us, so yeah, it might be a good idea.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Should we look into making a new group, or try to free up space in an existing one?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Cadiem posted:

Should we look into making a new group, or try to free up space in an existing one?

I'm up for whatever, but inactive commanders are sometimes hard to deal with. If you want to compare, my current group has 18, with 2 long term inactive and at least 3/6 commanders that haven't taken part in an event in months.

It shows 10 - 13 active daily.

If you make a new one, limit to a couple of commanders at most.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Pizza Dog has too many actives to really merge with anyone else. There’s a total of two long term inactive non-commanders and two empty slots so that’s room to add four more. Most of the others are actively playing.

Seems likely we’d lose more than we’d gain trying to shut down and transfer to another guild.

Edit: Booted the 2 month and 11 month inactives so room for four if anyone wants in.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 18, 2020

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

LorneReams posted:

If you make a new one, limit to a couple of commanders at most.

Yeah, I never promoted anyone when I became de facto commander for that reason. We've (Roxxon Oil) got 10 active today, highest I've seen lately is 11. It appears both commanders are currently active. Maybe merge into Roxxon Oil and anyone left over can go to Pizza Dog? I think I can safely open up 8 spots.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Pizza Dog has too many actives to really merge with anyone else. There’s a total of two long term inactive non-commanders and two empty slots so that’s room to add four more. Most of the others are actively playing.

Seems likely we’d lose more than we’d gain trying to shut down and transfer to another guild.

Edit: Booted the 2 month and 11 month inactives so room for four if anyone wants in.
Just booted two inactive commanders as well (with a little help from D3Go), so we've got room for six now.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

HAY GUYS

If you’re still playing and want to connect with goons, Pizza Dog still has six slots. We are very much a casual alliance, and there’s no expectation or requirement to participate in every little thing; even if you’re just doing the Deadpool Dailys, that’s cool. What with the whole “Something Awful collapsing” thing, it might be a good time to join?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bob Socko posted:

even if you’re just doing the Deadpool Dailys, that’s cool.

Can confirm this is indeed cool! It’s what I’ve done 90% of my time in Pizza Dog.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Would the other members of Bone Rangers be up for this merge? After this latest alliance event, definitely would like to have more people playing it. P. S. I'm also usually a Deadpool Daily only person, except for team events.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Think its time to leave Bone Rangers. This event barely half the members participated. If we manage to get to that first 4* cover reward I'll be surprised. Wasn't that great of a showing last event either.

Any spots left elsewhere? Not looking for a serious player group, but it'd be nice to get a few of those 4* covers in these alliance events. Daily player, mostly PvE

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
It looks like Roxxon Oil has 7 spots open

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Pizza Dog has 8 spots or so; we tend to do well during the team events, even with our current active members.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Request sent to Pizza Dogs - SomeguyBCS. Thanks

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Request sent to Pizza Dogs - SomeguyBCS. Thanks

You’re in.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

BGrifter posted:

You’re in.

Also sent a request to Pizza Dog

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

J33uk posted:

Also sent a request to Pizza Dog

Approved. Four slots left.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

BGrifter posted:

Approved. Four slots left.

Excited to be here and do some damage with you fine folks

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
Just applied to pizza dog as slap hop and eok (my WIFE)

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

Applying to Pizza Dog as PBJ, Goonery didn't do so hot in the last couple alliance events.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Approved all three. One last slot available. Someone named Omega15 applied but I don’t see a post in the thread with that name so I left it.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Sent a request in pizza dog as Thrice1982

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

New Wave Jose posted:

Sent a request in pizza dog as Thrice1982

You’re in. That makes 20/20.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

:woop:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Bone Rangers is dead. Roxxon Oil could you let me in ? The name is Skippy Rat Boy

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I gotcha. We've still got 6 available slots in Roxxon Oil, so so if anyone wants in, let us know. The members we have are pretty active currently and participate in the Alliance events.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
warning! Warning! Do not bring Gritty into AIM FORCE/MECHA Nodes. You will thank me for this warning if it saves you. Let my team be the Polish Mine Detector for you.

why?

Two mook types found so far. 1 of them (AIM FORCE) blows up any attack strike defend (ASD) tiles in the right most column. And then moves any remaining ASD tiles one column to the right. (the initial node has three of them. You can imagine my "joy" at discovering this.

Then there's AIM MECHA, who send out repeating tiles whose mission is to hunt out any ASD tiles the FORCE haven't already killed and blowing them up.

Other than Bishop or WorthyCap, it's probably the hardest Gritty counter, even as a mook.