Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm a millennial who doesn't own a house. I'm building one though. :smugdog:

Grover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://youtu.be/O4hE2F8diEk

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Mustached Demon posted:

A pillow fort in your parents basement doesn't count :rimshot:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

No I hired a professional sorry friends.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Solaris 2.0 posted:

So what? They still vote Democratic. So what if they have generational wealth? Whatever, liberal purity tests as often displayed in this thread is why we lose.

not all youths vote democrat.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm a millennial who owns 1/3 of two houses but only because I was left it in a will. I didn't earn poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm a millennial who owns 1/3 of two houses but only because I was left it in a will. I didn't earn poo poo.

BURN THE HERETIC!

Earn your keep bitch.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Here's a fun read on Trump. Nothing particularly new, salacious or interesting but it's entertaining.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/

quote:

It was a mid-December morning in 2007 — the start of an interrogation unlike anything else in the public record of Trump’s life.

Trump had brought it on himself. He had sued a reporter, accusing him of being reckless and dishonest in a book that raised questions about Trump’s net worth. The reporter’s attorneys turned the tables and brought Trump in for a deposition.

For two straight days, they asked Trump question after question that touched on the same theme: Trump’s honesty.

The lawyers confronted the mogul with his past statements — and with his company’s internal documents, which often showed those statements had been incorrect or invented. The lawyers were relentless. Trump, the bigger-than-life mogul, was vulnerable — cornered, out-prepared and under oath.

Thirty times, they caught him.

Trump had misstated sales at his condo buildings. Inflated the price of membership at one of his golf clubs. Overstated the depth of his past debts and the number of his employees.

That deposition — 170 transcribed pages — offers extraordinary insights into Trump’s relationship with the truth. Trump’s falsehoods were unstrategic — needless, highly specific, easy to disprove. When caught, Trump sometimes blamed others for the error or explained that the untrue thing really was true, in his mind, because he saw the situation more positively than others did.

quote:

Another one. In O’Brien’s book, Trump had been quoted saying: “I had zero borrowings from [my father’s] estate. . . . I give you my word.”

Under oath:

“Mr. Trump, have you ever borrowed money from your father’s estate?”

“I think a small amount a long time ago,” Trump said. “I think it was like in the $9 million range.”

Another one. In one of his own books, Trump had said about one of his golf courses: “Membership costs $300,000. I think it’s a bargain.”

Under oath:

“In fact, your memberships were not selling at $300,000 at that time, correct?”

“We’ve sold many for two hundred” thousand, Trump said. Then, Trump pushed it upward: “We’ve sold many for, I think, two-fifty.”

But this was not the place to push it.

The lawyer had an internal Trump document that showed the true figure — “$200,000 per membership,” Ceresney said.

“Correct,” Trump acknowledged. “Right.”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

BURN THE HERETIC!

Earn your keep bitch.

I gladly paid my taxes on everything I inherited so at least I'm ahead of a bunch of assholes.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

double nine posted:

Here's a fun read on Trump. Nothing particularly new, salacious or interesting but it's entertaining.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-lies/

People voted to elect a CEO to run the country. Instead they got the bosses idiot brother who keeps grabbing the secretary's rear end.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Unless "any item over $2000" doesn't include cars, 40% seems really low.

A lot of us drive trashcan cars that we can't afford to fix or upgrade.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Retro42 posted:

People voted to elect a CEO to run the country. Instead they got the bosses idiot brother who keeps grabbing the secretary's rear end.

So a CEO then.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

iirc he is also going to release his tax returns

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I gladly paid my taxes on everything I inherited so at least I'm ahead of a bunch of assholes.

Don't you have to pay inheritance tax only if it's over $5 million?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
if the trump trial doesn't play out like an Ace Attorney trial then I will be disappointed enough to finally leave the US forever

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's about time we started running America like a business!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

enraged_camel posted:

He probably means property tax

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Night10194 posted:

So a CEO then.

I was going to say an incompetent fuckstick who doesn't know the first thing about the organization he is trying to "lead" while grifting as much as he humanly from the organization sounds exactly like a CEO.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/873229691385020416

I think I need to start learning French.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

It wasn't an inheritance tax, a bunch of other stuff. Also state stuff.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dick Trauma posted:

It's about time we started running America like a business!

Speak English.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mustached Demon posted:

Well maybe you'd build it faster if you set down the avocado toast. :colbert:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

theflyingorc posted:

It's probably good because the idea that millennials are ALL buried under debt and have no jobs isn't true, it's just that the percentage is higher than the last generation.

It's also that "a generation" is really long. I'm a millennial born in 1981. I went to college and got college loans that had 2.5% interest with that being a special punishment rate because I missed some payments and it raised my 2.3% a little. Someone going to college today has a rate between 6 and 8% and that basically means no one will ever pay them off again, like from the start to the end of the millennial generation is night and day.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lord Hydronium posted:

Well maybe you'd build it faster if you set down the avocado toast. :colbert:

Texting my builder this now. It's slow, stressful, and holy gently caress do you have to pick out everything.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How do you make toast out of an avocado? Will it void your toaster's warranty? :ohdear:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Dick Trauma posted:

How do you make toast out of an avocado? Will it void your toaster's warranty? :ohdear:

You spread the avocado on toast. It's like French toast but with less cannibalism.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/SenateDems/status/873001941521108992

re-posting because it's worth watching

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473

Sorry if this has been talked about to death, but I just realized what's hilarious about the "I hope isn't a command" defense James Risch was trying yesterday. It's that we have an example from Trump himself using "hope" as a threat. Or are his defenders going to next argue that Trump's tweet isn't an implied threat that a tape exists disproving Comey, and merely Trump's stated wish that a such a tape could exist.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Groovelord Neato posted:

did anyone mention the reporter he bodyslammed was being a shitter about the election yesterday? maybe gianforte was right...

He was known as a jerk before the incident too. It doesn't justify physical assault.

Qualtrics panel surveys aren't a remotely reliable source, especially without methods info. I, too, am curious how more millenials can own homes than "any item over $2000".

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 10, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/lloydblankfein/status/873288013224267776

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

same here

Macron's still a wiener

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

same here

Macron's still a wiener

I believe the French for "weiner" is "Charles X"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

They'll teach you. For free.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Night10194 posted:

The fact that Cillizza said Comey's testimony was bad for Trump is no poo poo one of the reasons I was wondering how bad it really was for him. That fucker is like, Bill Kristol levels of wrong about everything.

Stopped watch, blah blah blah.

Cillizza is definitely wrong about most things, but this isn't one of them. Particularly since the audience that matters here isn't the American public; it's legislators, and the intelligence community.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

:lol: one of the first replies is the actor who plays Bobby on Supernatural wanting to get on that boat

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Siracha sauce: 16 percent

I'm going to start building the guillotine

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Discendo Vox posted:

He was known as a jerk before the incident too. It doesn't justify physical assault.

Qualtrics panel surveys aren't a remotely reliable source, especially without methods info. I, too, am curious how more millenials can own homes than "any item over $2000".

Living in cardboard boxes under the bridge is very "in" right now.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

It only takes 1% of the population to build guillotines to get the point across.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Jaxyon posted:

I've recently wondered how much it would cost to rent out a first floor frontage in view of Wall Street and pay an appropriately angry looking old craftsman to slowly build a lovingly hand crafted guillotine over the course of a month or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Jaxyon posted:

The? Son we're gonna need a spinning death wheel of guillotines. Sort of like one of those river boat paddle wheels but guillotines instead.

• Locked thread