Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

I'm [20F] studying abroad and miserable
submitted 8 hours ago by baguettebaguettebagu to /r/relationships

Is this just unique to France? My study abroad in the Czech Republic was exactly the opposite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

fruit on the bottom posted:

This article repeats that old saw about how raising the minimum wage would make it impossible for the poor to buy anything so I don't know that their analysis is top-notch here.

And also pipelines and fracking are in fact good

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Eponine posted:

For Americans in France, you either have to be really good or really bad at speaking French and regardless of skill level, willing to humiliate yourself/be humiliated at some point. This is a culture that has still not really gotten over Jerry Lewis. French people get off on the one thing they can do better than anyone else in the world: speak their dumb, mumbly language. So gently caress up a few conjugations! Mispronounce something! Mix up two words that sound nothing alike because you need their help! They'll love you for it. Talk about how American football is awful and soccer is way better. Tell them their McDonalds selection is superior.
Do NOT mention their complicity with the Nazis.

Pretty much, my ex was always amused whenever I'd mispronounced something or made a grammatical mistake. I did a semester at a fairly prestigious French university and pretty much loved it. Didn't really know anyone who had an experience as bad as her though. I'm just glad I sidestepped the whole living with hosts issue and rented an apartment with someone I already knew.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Is this just unique to France? My study abroad in the Czech Republic was exactly the opposite.

You can just get unlucky. I've heard similar stories about people who went to study in the US.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Eponine posted:

For Americans in France, you either have to be really good or really bad at speaking French and regardless of skill level, willing to humiliate yourself/be humiliated at some point. This is a culture that has still not really gotten over Jerry Lewis. French people get off on the one thing they can do better than anyone else in the world: speak their dumb, mumbly language. So gently caress up a few conjugations! Mispronounce something! Mix up two words that sound nothing alike because you need their help! They'll love you for it. Talk about how American football is awful and soccer is way better. Tell them their McDonalds selection is superior.

I think general versions of this advice counts for most countries really. You should generally focus on what you like about their country, rather than trying to explain to the bemused natives about why your own country is superior. Very few people will appreciate you explaining how their countrymen were complicit in war crimes either (and pretty much everyone's countrymen were at some point in history).

As for the deliberate mistakes thing, American's abroad have a reputation for arrogance that easily equals that of the French, so deliberately humbling yourself to show people that you're just a regular person does kind of make sense to me.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Kind of siding with the hi-LA-rious brother in law in this one.

quote:

My [30s] BIL [30s] tried to ruin my wedding. He is upset I cut the stupidity out of my wedding video.Non-Romantic
submitted 8 months ago by PeruvianSpiderSnake
I [34F] got married to my boyfriend Dan [35M]. We have been together for 5 years now. We have been married two months now.
Dan has two siblings. Moira [32F] is great, I love her like my own sister. Smith [30M] is kind of a weird character. He is fun, in small doses. I am not annoyed with him so much as perplexed. He seems stuck in middle school.
My wedding had a lot of small problems. I had a kid throw up on my dress, so I wore my MOH's dress while she changed into her street clothes. I tripped going up the stairs. Dan dropped his ring down the vent. One of my cousin's children knocked over a pile of cupcakes. For the most part, no one did anything on purpose and we have it on tape, which is hilarious.
There was one incident that felt intentionally done to make my day harder for me. It was done by Smith. During the actual vows, when the priest [60sM] asked if anyone protests, forever hold your peace, Smith stood up. He said he was in love with me and didn't think I should marry his brother. Then after a few seconds of silence, he said 'wrong wedding' and walked out. I could hear him laughing about it.
I have a little brother [25M] who was prone to stupid poo poo like this when he was 11. I have learned not to take it personally, I work with kids. I am used to Smith. I just felt it was stupid and made him look bad more than me. I didn't want it in the video and asked the videographer to take it out. I didn't bring it up again, I let Dan handle his family like we have agreed. I think he spoke to Smith about it, I know my MIL [60s] gave him a stern once over.
I let it go. I didn't really think about it much until we got the video and pictures. Smith was over while my cousin Cindy [40F] was. Cindy asked to see the video and pictures. I turned it on, showed her the video. It was hilarious. It was loving and beautiful. It also didn't have Smith doing something stupid.
Smith got upset about it and said we kept all the other bad stuff, why not him. He was part of the wedding excitement. He was funny. Why didn't we keep it in?
I told him I didn't think it was very funny, he did it to piss us off, and I didn't want it in my video. I said no hard feelings, it wasn't funny is all.
Smith left and is actually upset about this. He has been texting Dan saying how I changed him, blah blah.
I am just not sure how to go forward from this. I feel like I am dealing with a toddler. How do I explain to Smith that he could have ruined my wedding, and most women would have flayed him alive and told him to never come into their home? I feel he owes me an apology, but don't really care that Smith thinks he is funny. I just don't want to deal with hissy fits. So what do I do?
TL;DR BIL made a stupid joke during my wedding vows and is upset the guy edited it out. NOt sure what is up?

The BIL was a dick,sure. But jfc lady, were you marrying Mr Bean or something?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Grevling posted:

You can just get unlucky. I've heard similar stories about people who went to study in the US.

god yeah. as a brit i definitely have more culture shock in america than i do when i go to france

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

lmao at this dweeb lets give him a swirlie

quote:

I [13M] threw up at school when I tasted Coke for the first time. My friends think I'm weird

I have never had anything but water or orange juice. No coke, no pepsi, no sprite, no cool aid, Nothing. I have always had water or naturally made orange juice one of my moms squeeze. On the rare occasions my moms would get Maccas, they never got coke or anything like with it. I have had water my entire life and I did not know what coke tasted like until today. My sister is the same.
I was in Science class today and we were doing an experiment with Coke. There was left over the teacher was giving it out to people. We each had a can of it. I said I did not want it and my friends told me to just take it. I told them I never had coke and I don't like it. They said how do you know if you never tried it? It sounded like logic to me.
I took a sip and swallowed it. I had to run to the bathroom and I threw up. Never before have I tasted something some sugary before in my life. It's like my mouth was coated in sugar afterwards. My friends think I'm weird because I can't handle coke.

tl;dr: Friends think I'm weird because I threw up when I had coke.

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 7, 2017

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eponine posted:

The best line in Siege of Jadotville was when an Irish guy was talking to a French mercenary about a Rommel quote. The French guy goes "I don't like German military commanders."

The Irish guy's response was "Of course not. They took over your country in just two weeks..."

:drat:

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Bubblyblubber posted:

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard of someone using the "Just a prank bro!" defense in the middle of someone's wedding ceremony.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Whorelord posted:

lmao at this dweeb lets give him a swirlie

Shun the non-prediabetic! SHUUUUN!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Antivehicular posted:

Who kills a gallon of milk in two days? This dude definitely has a goddamn tapeworm

Time for more oversharing :kamina:

My father in law drinks 7 gallons of milk a week

When we lived with them i was buying all the milk and we were spending more than a hundred dollars a month on it. :cripes: we got him to stop for a couple of years but we went over to their house on sunday and what do you know, there's 7 gallons of milk in their goddamn fridge again. I don't know how he loving does it. He says he drinks it in his coffee, but I know how much milk he puts in and he'd have to be drinking two or three gallons of coffee a day.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yikes. That's not healthy.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

So much about Mirthless's family has now become clear

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I love the idea of an elderly man wholly (skimly?) embracing GOMAD.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I want to enter an open relationship with Mirthless' sister and call her mommy while she watches me play video games all day long.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If it doesn't make your guts riot, GOMAD is a solid way to put on some weight

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
:stare::stare::stare:

quote:

My ex-girlfriend was hiding under my bed for the past 30 hours, needing some advice. (self.legaladvice)
Hi guys,
Long time lurker but first time poster so applying the obligatory "not sure if I am doing this right" statement, any tips or suggestions are most welcome.
So little backstory, I will try to be as concise as possible. I currently reside in Alabama, dated this girl for a few months but then broke it off about a few weeks ago. This past weekend, I was woken up at about 1:30 am by the sound of someone in my living room. Initially I laid in bed trying to convince myself that I was hearing things but then I heard someone open and then close my front door. I went to turn on the kitchen light (that's where my door is located, I reside in an apartment) just in time to see the lock being locked. I grabbed my glasses and opened the door just in time to see someone running down the hall, who looks very much like my ex from the back. I naturally text/call her to confront her but she adamantly denies this, she states that she is at home. Seeing as I had work the next day, I just left it at that and went back to sleep.
Following day, I wake up and I run through the events from the previous night and I conclude that almost certainly it was her. I also had a hunch that she might be back so before I left for work, I set up my laptop to point towards the door, hit the record button and left. Shortly before I am about to get off work, I get this long text from her saying that she doesn't want to see me ever again and that I don't deserve her, etc. and she also says that she has left her spare key under the doormat. A key that she denied having in the first place (when I was accusing her of breaking into my home the night before) and one that I certainly did not give her permission to make. I come home from work and sure enough, not only is there a key under my doormat but my laptop has captured her entering my home and then closing my laptop.
End of story right? No. The laptop incident was Sunday afternoon. I end up going on a date shortly after I come home from work, things progress and my date ends up staying the night. The following morning (Monday) my date leaves and I spend the entire day pretty much on my couch as I wasn't feeling very well. I decide that I will turn in early for the night as I have work early the next morning and as I am getting ready for bed, I look down and notice an elbow protruding from beneath my bed. I immediately stoop down to check and there is my ex hiding beneath my bed. Of course, by this point I am both freaked out and angry that she would do something as crazy as this. I grab my phone because I am contemplating calling the cops but instead I turn on the video recorder so I can document our conversation. I get her to admit that she was indeed in my apartment early that morning as well as hiding under my bed since yesterday (about 30 hours total). I tell her to get out of my apartment and to never contact me again.
I have been tossing and turning all night just trying to process everything that has happened in the past 48 hours. I have never been in this situation and frankly I really didn't know who to turn to so I decided to make a post seeking some advice. At the bare minimum, I would like to file a police report, I don't particularly want to press any charges but I just want some sort of documentation that this has happened and would like to protect myself. I am pretty sure it is within my legal rights to have recorded her on my laptop but was it legal to record the conversation on my phone without her knowledge? Also, other than filing a police report, is there any other action I should take to protect myself?
Sorry, this story became a little more lengthier than I had anticipated, I guess I also just needed a place to vent my frustrations as well as my concerns. Again, I have never experienced anything like this before. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

quote:

CPS is investigating over 'wizard' comment. (self.legaladvice)

Some background, background is important...but shouldn't be. A month and a half ago my wife's friend was evicted from her apartment right before Christmas (no good reason...the new landlords were just looking to renovate and are cleaning out tenants every chance they get...they were late with rent twice). My wife and I offered they stay with us for a year or two as they had no other options. Her friend is married with 4 children aged 7,6,4 and 2 (I think). We have a big house so it's not been a problem. The move meant they had to change schools.
I have a 17 year old son, almost 18. Both myself and the children's' father are stay-at-home dads right now. Occasionally we have my son watch the kids while we do chores and house repairs. There is always an adult here.
We are gamers. I mean we play fantasy role-playing games (D&D) and go to SCA and similar events regularly. We also host pseudo-pagan feasts four times a year on our property. I even have an Alchemy display in the library. We are geeks. I even named my son after a wizard.
One of the girls (I'll call her Mary) likes to play make-believe a lot. She has imaginary friends and everything. She is always trying to get my son to play. She tries to get me too as well and really anyone.
When my son was much younger I use to play wizards. He had a book (we still have it) that was all about how to be a wizard for kids. We made wands, potions etc.
My son has baby sat his niece since she was 2-4 years old one of the games they played was...wizards. So...
Mary was overheard telling other children at school that my son was a wizard who showed her magic tricks and ....his wand (he does have a wand folks).
CPS is called as well as the Sheriff. An interview is conducted at school. Parents called. The officer and CPS didn't seem to think there was anything more to it after that interview with Mary and both the girls were sent home with the father (with CPS FOLLOWING). Then CPS came to the house and interviewed their father, interviewed a friend staying with us, looked at the sleeping arrangements and idk what else...I was sleeping at the time.
Apparently there is also going to be another interview in town with a social worker and Mary.
When the cps worker left our house she told her father "everything looks fine, but expect the worst".
WTF?
I know about leading children. They found nothing in their initial interview. We are all making GBS threads bricks right now. My son is really upset. We are scared and angry (both our families). We can not afford a lawyer.
EDIT: Washington State.

This one sucks because it's clearly just a total accident.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It's too much calcium! Man was not meant to suckle on the cow teat all day like a greedy pig in the wrong pen.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Van Kraken posted:

My (22f) SO (27m) is eating (and wasting) almost all of the food in the house. I can't afford it and I'm always hungry.

:murder:
It sounds like she's not cooking enough food and he's a child who only eats food that is bought and prepared for him. She doesn't give absolute numbers on anything except milk. Two bowls of cereal is 1/4 a gallon, he drank 3/4 a gallon in 2-3 days which is reasonable. I drink 1/4 a day but I also eat another 2000-3000 calories on top of that depending on whether I'm losing or maintaining weight. And heck, I buy chocolate milk. If I am sick or too lazy to meal prep or something I'll easily down more in a day if I have it around because I can hit macro goals off of milk and lazy foods kinda easily. I also usually have 1% milk so whole is a bit different.

Chicken+Rice is another thing where portion is relative. Something like 5lbs of chicken uncooked in 4 breasts and 4 cups of rice uncooked translates into ~4 days of meals for one person if you are eating something else for other meals. If I was just eating chicken+rice that's like 2 days of food.

It's messed up that he eats food set aside for her and feeds his friends if their budget is really that tight. It sounds like they just need to talk about food. The budget for food, the quantity of food, him cooking his own drat food, etc.

Also, re: $/week grocery chat, I spend around $80/wk including water, whey, but I could drop it to $65 or so and regularly do by cutting greek yogurt and buying meats that are on sale. I could probably drop it more by buying a filter for my lead-piped house, going to bargain gorcery stores and buying in larger quantities, but I share my fridge/freezer space and also don't care about my current grocery bill much. I try to keep it around $10/day but cashews, eating out twice per week, greek yogurt shatter this.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 7, 2017

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I found Mirthless's FIL.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Khorne posted:

It sounds like she's not cooking enough food and he's a child who only eats food that is bought and prepared for him. She doesn't give absolute numbers on anything except milk. Two bowls of cereal is 1/4 a gallon, he drank 3/4 a gallon in 2-3 days which is reasonable. I drink 1/4 a day but I also eat another 2200-3000 calories on top of that depending on whether I'm losing or maintaining weight. And heck, I buy chocolate milk. If I am sick or too lazy to meal prep or something I'll easily down more in a day if I have it around because I can hit macro goals off of milk and lazy foods kinda easily.

Chicken+Rice is another thing where portion is relative. Something like 5lbs of chicken uncooked in 4 breasts and 5 cups of rice uncooked translates into ~4 days of meals for one person if you are eating something else for other meals. If I was just eating chicken+rice that's like 2 days of food.

It's messed up that he eats food set aside for her and feeds his friends if their budget is really that tight. It sounds like they just need to talk about food. The budget for food, the quantity of food, him cooking his own drat food, etc.

Also, re: $/week grocery chat, I spend around $80/wk including water, whey, but I could drop it to $65 or so and regularly do by cutting greek yogurt and buying meats that are on sale. I could probably drop it more by going to bargain gorcery stores and buying in larger quantities, but I share my fridge/freezer space and also don't care about my current grocery bill much. I try to keep it around $10/day but cashews, eating out twice per week, greek yogurt shatter this.

I was amazed when I started actually tracking my diet and discovered how calorie-dense whole milk is. The amount that I was drinking was practically a meal in itself.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

54 40 or gently caress posted:

My ex-girlfriend was hiding under my bed for the past 30 hours, needing some advice. (self.legaladvice)

I call bullshit as no bladder would survive that. Unless he ommitted that she pissed herself under his bed.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

Chicken+Rice is another thing where portion is relative. Something like 5lbs of chicken uncooked in 4 breasts and 5 cups of rice uncooked translates into ~4 days of meals for one person if you are eating something else for other meals. If I was just eating chicken+rice that's like 2 days of food.

Are you a weight lifter? 2.5 cups of raw rice is close to 1800kcal of pure starch, which is an absolute gently caress ton to eat in one day. Maybe we have small portions, but 1 cup of rice is enough for 2 large meal portions for me and my GF.

chitoryu12 posted:

I was amazed when I started actually tracking my diet and discovered how calorie-dense whole milk is. The amount that I was drinking was practically a meal in itself.

Pasta was my big shock. I did the math and discovered a plate of home made spaghetti chicken alfredo was like 1200kcal per serving, and half of it came from the Pasta.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gerblyn posted:

Are you a weight lifter? 2.5 cups of raw rice is close to 1800kcal of pure starch, which is an absolute gently caress ton to eat in one day. Maybe we have small portions, but 1 cup of rice is enough for 2 large meal portions for me and my GF.
I estimated wrong. I usually eat 2-3 cups cooked with each breast. 3 cups is ~1 cup uncooked. 1 cup cooked is ~205kcal. So it would be more like 4 cups uncooked. Still a lot. I don't eat more than 1 breast per day, but I also plan out what I'm eating and eat other stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

This one sucks because it's clearly just a total accident.

While this does sound like an overreaction, I'm guessing that someone knew about the living arrangements and/or was already weirded out by the family.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Gadzuko posted:

While this does sound like an overreaction, I'm guessing that someone knew about the living arrangements and/or was already weirded out by the family.

They sound really loving weird.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Holy poo poo that ex under the bed story. I would be terrified for my life!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Khorne posted:

I estimated wrong. I usually eat 2-3 cups cooked with each breast. 3 cups is ~1 cup uncooked. 1 cup cooked is ~205kcal. So it would be more like 4 cups uncooked. Still a lot. I don't eat more than 1 breast per day, but I also plan out what I'm eating and eat other stuff.

That's still a crazy amount of rice for a single person for a single meal, and way too many carbs for somebody who isn't a weight lifter

There's a lot of ways to react to that story, but "if she's so hungry, she should cook more food" isn't one that I was really expecting from anybody

The whole issue is she can't cook enough without it all getting eaten - either they make it through a meal and the leftovers get destroyed, or she makes a meal and he gives it out to his friends. He also eats food directly off her plate. The only way she can eat a full meal is to do it outside of the house.

Helios Grime posted:

I call bullshit as no bladder would survive that. Unless he ommitted that she pissed herself under his bed.

i'm sure he got up and made something to eat at some point, or watched some TV or something. There's so many crazy stories about people having roommates they didn't know about (people living in their attic/crawlspace/etc) sometimes even for months at a time so it's not really that implausible that she managed to go undetected for 30 hours

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 7, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002

quote:

There's a lot of ways to react to that story, but "if she's so hungry, she should cook more food" isn't one that I was really expecting from anybody

The whole issue is she can't cook enough without it all getting eaten - either they make it through a meal and the leftovers get destroyed, or she makes a meal and he gives it out to his friends. He also eats food directly off her plate. The only way she can eat a full meal is to do it outside of the house.
I was pointing out her boyfriend should be buying+making his own food or more food or they should talk and figure something out. I mean, unless he's fat and getting fatter, the issue seems to be twofold. That he's an inconsiderate jerk and the food being made isn't really meeting his caloric intake needs.

Her framing in the post is inconsistent because it's two separate issues. Stuff like him giving food to his friends when they apparently can't afford it, him eating her prepared food or stashed away alcohol, and then there's stuff where she complains about him drinking milk or eating more than her. The latter could easily be a size difference between the two with her acting like he's just being a glutton by eating larger portions. She also uses ambiguous things like "servings". What's a serving to a 5'4 woman is not a serving to a 6'1 man.

I've never had this problem because I cook and get my own drat food and worry about eating stuff someone else might expect to be there later. I have had the issue of someone saying they'll cook for me while I stay with them and there just not being enough food, because "so much food" is in quantity rather than calorie to them and it turns out 1200-1400 kcals in a day is not "so much food".

Mirthless posted:

That's still a crazy amount of rice for a single person for a single meal, and way too many carbs for somebody who isn't a weight lifter
Whether it's a single meal or spread out is irrelevant. I do prefer to eat fewer times in a concentrated time period for my daily caloric intake. I do lift weights 4x per week, but at the same time a meal like that was fine before lifting weights.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 7, 2017

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
She definitely pissed herself, come on guys. Let's not pretend this isn't r/relationships all of a sudden.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Khorne posted:

I mean, unless he's fat and getting fatter

He's just putting on mass!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wizard story: why don't the parents try talking to the OP before they immediately assume wand=penis and involve the cps? They could have come over and asked about the wand and wizard stuff and OP and her son could have just showed them. Now they've created a shitstorm and no matter how it turns out, everyone involved will always have this hanging over them.

Ex hiding under bed: not only did she probably piss herself, she must have listened to OP having sex with his date. Might not be true, but if it is true she's crazy and no wonder he's scared.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Grevling posted:

Ex hiding under bed: not only did she probably piss herself, she must have listened to OP having sex with his date.

Nice

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I assume she was either very dehydrated or wearing an adult diaper. Far fetched sure but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I assume she was either very dehydrated or wearing an adult diaper. Far fetched sure but truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

That crazy astronaut lady had an adult diaper so I assume some of these nuts still manage to hold on to the "planning" part of their faculties.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Bubblyblubber posted:

BIL is lucky he didn't catch several rear end-beatings for that little stunt. Dude needs to get out of the fratboy phase yesterday.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

WampaLord posted:

That crazy astronaut lady had an adult diaper so I assume some of these nuts still manage to hold on to the "planning" part of their faculties.

That's who I was thinking of when people were questioning authenticity hahaha.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

quote:

I let it go. I didn't really think about it much until we got the video and pictures. Smith was over while my cousin Cindy [40F] was. Cindy asked to see the video and pictures. I turned it on, showed her the video. It was hilarious. It was loving and beautiful. It also didn't have Smith doing something stupid.
Smith got upset about it and said we kept all the other bad stuff, why not him. He was part of the wedding excitement. He was funny. Why didn't we keep it in?
I told him I didn't think it was very funny, he did it to piss us off, and I didn't want it in my video. I said no hard feelings, it wasn't funny is all.
Smith left and is actually upset about this. He has been texting Dan saying how I changed him, blah blah.
I am just not sure how to go forward from this. I feel like I am dealing with a toddler. How do I explain to Smith that he could have ruined my wedding, and most women would have flayed him alive and told him to never come into their home? I feel he owes me an apology, but don't really care that Smith thinks he is funny. I just don't want to deal with hissy fits. So what do I do?
TL;DR BIL made a stupid joke during my wedding vows and is upset the guy edited it out. NOt sure what is up?

BIL wasn't joking when he said he loved her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

quote:

Hi guys,
Long time lurker