Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

There are attack-based trap builds, frenzy charges do more than just give more damage (in fact they didnt give more damage at all until fairly recently) and the unique chest does more than give frenzy charges. I think they feel fairly well thought out, and you can be sure GGG were well prepared for the entitled shitfest that is reddit.

I'm sure there are attack based trap builds (not that I can think of any) but you gotta admit that they are mostly used with spells, like all the stand alone traps. That more damage change wasn't fairly recently that was years ago and before that they were underused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm sure there are attack based trap builds (not that I can think of any) but you gotta admit that they are mostly used with spells, like all the stand alone traps. That more damage change wasn't fairly recently that was years ago and before that they were underused.

2.0 is fairly recently in my mind.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

gonadic io posted:

I've just realised how well the new Chance To Bleed works with Doomfletch Prism with its huge added phys. Forget the rest of the gem, this is the first one with flat added phys damage to attacks right?

Yes, it's an absolute shitload of damage with no downside other than taking up a gem spot. I'm gonna run a doomfletch build either first or second this coming league.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
GGG already has a response to the backlash in the development manifesto section of their website. Phone posting so I can't link it easily.

Chris basically says "guys we DO play poe please stop saying we don't" along with why they made the changes.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1927828

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Power charges being good for non-crit spellcaster builds is a really good point that I didn't consider. I might actually do that now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm sure there are attack based trap builds (not that I can think of any)

Puncture, Tornadoshot and Blast Rain (BR trapper with Chin Sol is a very good league starter build)

Kinetic Blast (even though mines work better, it should work with traps too)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

drat, ggg own

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Vasudus posted:

Yes, it's an absolute shitload of damage with no downside other than taking up a gem spot. I'm gonna run a doomfletch build either first or second this coming league.

Now, what gimmick should I go for? Inquisitor ice shot totem? Ignite fire conversion?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

The second post about shock and chill makes me super hopeful about the future of shock and chill.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I love how mad people get that a build they've played to death gets nerfed, especially when they've already been complaining that they were forced to play that build.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

will chance to bleed be good on a facebreaker warchief totem dude as well? looks like it could be insane. Might do that as a berzerker

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

queeb posted:

will chance to bleed be good on a facebreaker warchief totem dude as well? looks like it could be insane. Might do that as a berzerker

It's worded so that you don't get the bonus with facebreaker. The plague of "with weapons" found a new home.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

oh balls. oh well still thinking of doing that since it's an easy starter

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/achi.php?c=18

Challenges.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Shock/freeze stuff seems fine, I'm fairly indifferent towards it overall. The charges seem restrictive and half-finished. If they go through as they are now, I would want powersiphon to be renamed frenzysiphon

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

quote:

Ice Bite now adds flat cold damage and cold damage per frenzy charge
Innervate now grants a buff called 'Innervation' that adds lightning damage for 4 seconds upon killing a shocked enemy, gem adds flat lightning damage in addition
Maybe I won't do Doomfletch. Some amalgam of my Legacy and Breach characters perhaps.

The Tempest with added cold / added lightning as raider with Horror essenced rings and quiver.

The ramp up time is going to suck though. I would have to restrict myself to Split Arrow for clearing I suppose - and no room for Hypothermia. Probably will have to pick either lightning or cold.

This is actually an interesting problem (for me), I was going to have a full week out still - but I basically have to jump in the beta again.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ffs loving essence chasing again

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jusupov posted:

ffs loving essence chasing again

Encounters might be obnoxious.

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I played a ST build with kaom's roots in the two week race and I was not really hurting for the lost sockets. That gave me a pretty weird idea for 3.0.
What I'm trying to make work in PoB is a pretty standard non-crit dreamfeather ST build scaling fire damage.

The twist is that I kinda want to try using molten strike in hysteria gloves as single target. The problem then is making a tree which can use two wildfire jewels and pick up the other things a pathfinder ele attack build wants.
My first try looks something like this, which is pretty meh

This is also assuming I get my hands on a perfect form, and I don't know how expensive that will be.
Anyone have any feedback? (other than "don't")

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
No Lava Lash?

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Hamburger Test posted:

I would have to restrict myself to Split Arrow for clearing I suppose

I feel like I would use Lightning Arrow.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

anyone want an xbone beta key? I have an extra.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If this was Blizzard you'd get a comment weeks later telling us to go gently caress ourselves. I like GGG.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 28, 2017

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Katasi posted:

I feel like I would use Lightning Arrow.

In the hypothetical that I was running Added Cold, Added Lightning, Innervate, Ice Bite I don't think giving up WED makes much sense - which I would have to in order to get GMP.

That's why I basically concluded that I have to commit to either cold or lightning, but it might work with Split Arrow. I was just getting excited about the potential for fixing the hipster build I have been trying and failing to make for the last couple of leagues.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

More obvious trolls from dnc.

jk

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Having played with Immolate (another added elemental), it's probably weaker than the new innervate and ice bite. It's more reliable to give yourself the buff rather than having to apply the effect on the mob before the buff can be applied.

Though it would be really nice to have actual hard numbers though.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It seems the chill/shock changes are there to make it so players can take advantage of things that affect enemies that are chilled/shocked, so you can apply weak chills/shocks to things but still be able to get stuff like The Pandemonius to be more consistent. That's my reading of it after a little thought, anyway.

also funman what should I start this league with

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

what ascendancy would be good for storm burst? So many choices. Crit SB with an Inquisitor? EO Berserker? Elementalist? I wish the skills were in beta to play around with.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

queeb posted:

what ascendancy would be good for storm burst? So many choices. Crit SB with an Inquisitor? EO Berserker? Elementalist? I wish the skills were in beta to play around with.

I'm thinking of SB / CwC / Fireball (or Firestorm) with an Elementalist. If I go spellcaster for my first that's one my three choices I'm planning.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

SB seems meh for cwc since the damage is supposed to be backloaded on the release, similar to blade flurry.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

So I messed around in the most recent race in SSF with an elemental archer as the Raider. I got a Doomfletch to drop pretty early and I had a lot of fun with the character despite not pushing to maps. I hear a lot of people talk about Doomfletch Inquisitor, but how much better is it (or is it better?) than a Raider picking up all the frenzy charge stuff? For skills I used Ice Shot and Lightning Arrow (I had never used LA so even though its a pretty common build it was new to me and I liked it), so I would want to focus on one of those two skills. I was thinking either Ice Shot with the threshold jewel and HoI for pack clear, but I don't know if Ice Shot has enough single target damage for map bosses. I'm not sure what single target skill I would use if I went with LA.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Having played with the numbers and the skill tree a bit, I do believe committing to either cold or lightning is best. Though I don't think Innervate is actually worth it. Unfortunately I can't get The Tempest to outperform a decent Windripper, mainly because of the low crit chance. The good news is that it should be workable even at endgame but Windripper and Doomfletch's Prism remain the two best unique bows in the game though of course we haven't seen any from the new patch yet (for the record there are no rare elemental bows for sale in Legacy that can even compete).

^^ Ice Shot is a cool skill, but the threshold doesn't do much for it and LA is pretty unanimously considered better. For single target Barrage is the top pick, some people like Blast Rain though.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

How does ED feel to play as a starter? Curious about ED trickster with the changes now. Made a quick mockup of a MoM ED trickster in path of building that has 62k dot damage on a 6L while completely naked, with no other skills or curses.

I was really hoping the most recent changes would have included some sort of buff for blasphemy's radius.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ED is a decent starter. Blasphemy got buffed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

I was really hoping the most recent changes would have included some sort of buff for blasphemy's radius.

Curses gain 1 radius every 2 levels.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Filthy Monkey posted:

How does ED feel to play as a starter? Curious about ED trickster with the changes now. Made a quick mockup of a MoM ED trickster in path of building that has 62k dot damage on a 6L while completely naked, with no other skills or curses.

IMO ED feels horrible until maps, but really picks up fast and quickly is awesome. I hate leveling with it though.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I knew about blasphemy gaining area with gem levels. Even at 19 though, it didn't feel great, playing in beta wave 3.

I didn't have +area nodes though. Things like blast radius effect blasphemy? Or are we talking things like hex master?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

I knew about blasphemy gaining area with gem levels. Even at 19 though, it didn't feel great, playing in beta wave 3.

I didn't have +area nodes though. Things like blast radius effect blasphemy? Or are we talking things like hex master?

They added +1 radius per 3 levels on curse gems last night. Aura gems get +1 radius per 1 level.

E: I got it slightly wrong, it's +1 radius per 3 levels, +7 radius at lvl20. 7 radius is quite significant still.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Stolen from https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6q0qjj/curse_aura_area_buffs_visualized/:
Doesn't seem like huge change, if that is correct.

Didn't notice that sneak edit above.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 28, 2017

• Locked thread