Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Federation Force isn't a bad game at all. It's not great or anything but it doesn't deserve to be grouped with Other M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Lemming posted:

It was very good

What the gently caress.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Arms rules. The 1v1 is so fun. I love being able to effectively read and counter the opponent after like ten minutes of play. Volleyball suck though, and the modes with extra dudes are fun in a wacky Power Stone kinda way. I wish they'd increase the drop rate of items in those modes though.

Also love how different the characters/arms combos feel.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I didn't buy Puyo Puyo Tetris when it came out because I'm not big on that kind of puzzle game. However, I wanted something else to have on my Switch while on vacation so I caved and got it. I finally get the appeal of Tetris. It's just so satisfying to build up a combo of tetris clears or barely survive after making big mistakes. I'm terrible at both games right now but I'm having fun.

Also a pretty Picross game on Switch someday would be just perfect.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I like ARMS a lot but I don't think I enjoy the movement controls for waggle. The walking speed is like maybe a third slower than what I'd want it to be. I really enjoy the punching and curving the blows, and the different loadouts. Never really got a character's unique thing to work for me much outside of Master Mummy's super armor. 1v1v1 is the worst, 2v2 is okay, volleyball is kinda cool.

They've said there's gonna be consistent support, so I can see there being a chance stuff will change over the lifetime of the game. I'd buy Splatoon 2 over this but it's good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope the basketball mode is better than volleyball. It looks like it'll be fun literally dunking your opponents.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's kind of funny how you can get so used to control schemes so quickly. When Splatoon came out I thought that the motion control aiming was the dumbest thing ever and that I would never use it. Fast forward to now and it's so vital to my proper aim that I can't play Zelda with the joycons split because it messes with it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's kind of funny how you can get so used to control schemes so quickly. When Splatoon came out I thought that the motion control aiming was the dumbest thing ever and that I would never use it. Fast forward to now and it's so vital to my proper aim that I can't play Zelda with the joycons split because it messes with it.

:yeah:

I even hated them for a while in Splatoon till I went through the campaign with them on and now I can't enjoy any other shooter that just has cruddy auto aim duel stick controls.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

It's really weird though, because I don't think I've ever seen motion controls work like this. I get the idea though, it's basically twin joysticks. I wonder if they'll end up making a hori twin joystick controller someday for arms so you don't have to keep your hands in the air. For awhile I Was just keeping the joycon on my lap and doing that basically.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Echophonic posted:

I really hope we see more Octopath Traveler at E3. It looked so pretty. :allears:

The brief tease looked like a 2.5D SaGa game and I'd be absolutely down for a new SaGa game. Especially if the working title would mean going the SaGa Frontier route, only this time they'd actually get to finish developing the game before releasing it.

Though if it is a new SaGa game I could see them not releasing it outside Japan, too. Like how we're probably not getting the Mana collection unless it gets announced at E3.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You'll get the Snes classic pack of 30 games for $40 ($30 digital) and you'll probably want to preorder the SFC/SNES themed pro controller which also has a masturbation HD rumble mode

I unironically want Nintendo to announce something like this during E3.

"Hey guys, we know everyone wanted a NES classic and we couldn't make enough of them. However we're going to have the NES Classic Bundle available on the Switch. Additionally, we'd like to announce the SNES Classic Bundle for the Switch."

They could then do a special deal with 8bitdo that gets you a pair of NES30 or SNES30 controllers and the related NES/SNES Classic game bundle code to help maximize your nostalgia experience. :getin:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Lol what a :effort: limited edition

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

30 dollars for 30 SNES games or NES games sounds like a deal I can get behind, actually.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i dont think i want 30 snes games

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

What the gently caress.

The single player was uninspired but serviceable and the multi was really good. The controls were great with the thumb nub.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I've always felt like people have for a long time assumed Metroid is a more successful franchise than it actually is. It never really took sold well in Japan even with its best installments, and even in the US it was a more middle of the road franchise in terms of sales outside of Metroid Prime 1. Yeah, something like Kirby sells about the same here, but it's actually decently popular in both America and in Japan, so it makes sense Nintendo would consider supporting something like that instead.

Don't get me wrong. I like Metroid, I wanna see a new installment. But it's gotten by on prestige and the gaming community's esteem for it than actual success. They tried to push more titles for it in the 00's and it didn't really justify itself in the end, even with the Prime series, which dropped off with each new installment. That likely has as much to do with its current hiatus as Other-M not being very good.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 27, 2017

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zelder posted:

All these "I lost in this brand new fighting game, I don't like this game" posts kinda bum me out

Edit: obviously no one should feel obligated to play if they're not having fun, it's just a sad reminder why fighting games aren't as big as I'd like

fighting games are pretty big, but arms isnt a fighting game

Papes posted:

I don't see how that affects arms more than any other game unless you think people who buy nintendos are literal babies?

lol

XyrlocShammypants posted:

You can bring it with you and play with your friends at the coffee shop.

no one does this

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Stux posted:

fighting games are pretty big, but arms isnt a fighting game

oh boy, heeeeeeere we go.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
So i was at the local Media Markt to shop for some Blu-rays on sale when i saw that they got a whole of bunch (like 10-15 of them) NES Classic Mini controllers in, so I got one of those, and the RDS Industries Tavel Case in the Zelda flavour.

Later a friend of mine was here with his Switch and we tried out ARMS, but after the hour was gone I bought Neo Turf Masters on my Switch and we played that for a couple of hours. Good loving game, man!

That's my Nintendo success story for today, thank you for listening. :wave:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Barry Convex posted:

FWIW. This is *probably* hinting at an announcement fairly soon given his past reporting and industry connections, but we'll see.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/868466467062206464

v. excited for pokemon rumble switch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

At this point I'm happier with Nintendo making games that are fun and smooth, if cartoony, because that is what they are good at. Leave the games that render every hair follicle to the other consoles, because nine times out of ten those hyper-detailed games suffer from garbage gameplay.

lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

I even hated them for a while in Splatoon till I went through the campaign with them on and now I can't enjoy any other shooter that just has cruddy auto aim duel stick controls.

"auto aim"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

UntunedGuitar47 posted:

So i was at the local Media Markt to shop for some Blu-rays on sale when i saw that they got a whole of bunch (like 10-15 of them) NES Classic Mini controllers in, so I got one of those, and the RDS Industries Tavel Case in the Zelda flavour.

Later a friend of mine was here with his Switch and we tried out ARMS, but after the hour was gone I bought Neo Turf Masters on my Switch and we played that for a couple of hours. Good loving game, man!

That's my Nintendo success story for today, thank you for listening. :wave:

everything in this post from buying blu-rays in 2017 to playing a lovely golf game on a switch is indicative of a lack of vitamin c and refusal to eat green vegetables

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Welcome back, Stux!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Welcome back, Stux!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Stux posted:

no one does this

I just did it the other day over a nice Ethiopian brew

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Huff my farts, Stux!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I just did it the other day over a nice Ethiopian brew

yeah and ur a nobody thats my point

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

*everyone else in the coffee shop subconciously moves away from the two fedoras*

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Stux posted:

*everyone else in the coffee shop subconciously moves away from the two fedoras*

Pity reply

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Stux posted:

it's not the hats my man it's how u smell

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I am rubber, you are glue

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Today I visited a second hand store and bought a pink noise analyzer and some rotary switches

that's my Switch story for today thanx for letting me share

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Every time a new game comes out this thread gets really bad.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Writing prompt: describe your ideal rooftop party

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Every time a new game comes out this thread gets really bad.

Good thing games don't come out for the switch!!!

*mugs for the camera while laugh track plays*

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nothing wrong with it just overpriced. The DigitalFoundry review said it wasn't a zero effort port or anything, they rebalanced, made it closer to the real SFII Turbo, have some good additions and whatnot, fixed some things from the old version, it just should be $15.

Not using GGPO or any form of rollback net code is a pretty big problem, honestly. Especially since HDR already used it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wheany posted:

That is really lame. What if I want my games to have better graphics than what the Switch is capable of. Is it still "strictly better?"

This is such a boring and dumb argument that it's draining me. And I mean both your and my counter argument.

I dunno dude, don't ask why a game series known for seamlessly combining local and online multiplayer is better on a device that is both portable and an Internet-connected home console if you don't want to hear the answer, I guess.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HyperPuma posted:

i dont think i want 30 snes games

10 would be enough really:

Secret of Mana
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Mario Kart
Final Fantasy 6
Super Double Dragon
Mega Man X(3?)
Kirby's Adventure or w/e
Star Fox
Street Fighter II Mortal Kombat :v:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Hot take, the entire "strictly better" part of this dumb argument is a straw man. There is no strictly better overall but there is an argument to make that many consumers prefer elements of one console over another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
so did no one buy rime? kinda expected to see more reactions in here

• Locked thread