Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

The only way Trump "does well" enough in the debate to swing the election is if Hillary Clinton has a fatal heart attack in the middle of it.

If he does super well in the debate he might change the media narrative but the polls aren't going to shift that dramatically that quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dork457 posted:

I'm dumbfounded by the Melenia lawsuit threat. Would it potentially even benefit People Magazine to go along with her request and then highlight how ridiculous it is to make a non-salacious article the center of a lawsuit?

No, because as soon as they concede that part of the article then it undermines every other part of their reporting.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Capt. Sticl posted:

My question is, if another bomb drops between now and the debate, causing more Republicans to flee from Trump... is Fox even an advantage any more? If there is a civil war between conservatives and deplorables, how much might that impact how Fox treats him at the debate?

Fox will always be an advantage.

Even if Trump is a 100% sure loss their interest is in damaging Hillary Clinton as much as possible before she takes the POTUS role to make it easier for the inevitable onslaught of obstructionism and attempts to impeach.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I don't think Fox can actually help him enough, mind. Also, Donald is still a massive idiot when he's unscripted and he's going to be crazier than ever going into it.

Also, what kind of audience will Debate 3 have? Same as 1? Told not to react? If so, he's massively hosed no matter what.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

That is some grade A political bullshit in Pence's answer.

"What would you say to a girl whose self-esteem is damaged by Trump's remarks?"
"Hillary Clinton caused the world to literally spin apart."

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Wow, he just straight up failed to understand the thrust of the question.
or intentionally misdirected, I don't know which, either could be true.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

If I were in charge of a media organization, it'd be very tempting to pull my staff out of Trump rallies going forward. It's only a matter of time before one of those crowds gets whipped up into enough of a frenzy to turn on the reporters.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

bewilderment posted:

Pence never answers the question he's asked.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Hitting on a 14 year old :staredog:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/300928-trump-told-14-year-old-girl-hell-be-dating-her-soon

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Nailed it!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I don't think Fox can actually help him enough, mind. Also, Donald is still a massive idiot when he's unscripted and he's going to be crazier than ever going into it.

Unscripted? Hmm. Has Trump personally accused Hillary of knowing the questions in advance?

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

What a weak and feckless response

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
Just got back from work. Anything else insane happen in the last 9 hours?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Clearly you missed him hitting on a 10 year old earlier today

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
I imagine more than a few of these hundreds of proud deplorables on Twitter are creating a searchable public record that will make them unemployables in the future.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SweetAsselin posted:

Ugh some people.... Am I awful for wishing she gets raped?

Yeah, you're pretty loving bad, bro

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Also, what kind of audience will Debate 3 have? Same as 1? Told not to react? If so, he's massively hosed no matter what.

Well the Debate 2 audience had the same warning and yet they cheered when Donald did his jail line.

I'm not sure if presidential debates should even have live audiences.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

vyelkin posted:

That is some grade A political bullshit in Pence's answer.

"What would you say to a girl whose self-esteem is damaged by Trump's remarks?"
"Hillary Clinton caused the world to literally spin apart."
Not quite as bad as that elementary school class that went to the state capital to propose a state bird of prey. One rep bitched about the kids wasting his time, another started talking about falcons tearing things apart with their talons and then about how that's what Planned Parenthood does.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

OddObserver posted:

Unscripted? Hmm. Has Trump personally accused Hillary of knowing the questions in advance?

Multiple times, I believe. He'll still lose the debate.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Donkwich posted:

Well the Debate 2 audience had the same warning and yet they cheered when Donald did his jail line.

I'm not sure if presidential debates should even have live audiences.

They should have live audiences who are all wearing shock collars that zap them if they make any noise.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I don't think trump can win at this point, but I do think the 3rd debate is going to be a slaughter for Hillary. Just seeing who the moderator is, what the questions are going to be about, its going to be an hour and a half of slamming clinton from all sides. Emails emails emails, benghazi, globalism, 'hemisphere of open trade', SCOTUS fear mongering to the wavering base, and bill clinton sex all throughout.

Its going to be awful, I don't know if I'll be able to sit through that one.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm thinking Pence's mouth just wen't into autopilot mode, meanwhile in his head is a scream so deep and sorrowful only the great old one, Nager Dlanor, can hear it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Agrajag posted:

what does this even mean? jesus gently caress can he be any more incoherent?
If you assume that Donald Trump is very stupid and ignorant -- I know, it's a heavy lift, but stay with me -- you can then guess that perhaps he thinks China's seat of government is in Tiananmen Square, because it's the only part of China he's heard of. The transcript then makes sense; he's saying that on a state visit the Chinese would snub hypothetical President Clinton by making her wait in the lobby, because she would be weak and disrespected, as opposed to Trump himself, who as we all know is very strong and will make America great again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bewilderment posted:

Whatever his reasons, he's not going to hear the end of it for the rest of his career. Why on earth do him and the others feel that it's worth it?

Or do they seriously for real not know which direction the future is going here?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

What if Trump gets Killary to confess to her globalist banker connections and accepting money from Saudi Arabia? And arming ISIS? And destroying her emails that showed Killary crafted US foreign policy on bombing Cambodia, assassinating John Lennon, the Iraq-Contra scandal, desert storm, and 9/11? And that she was responsible for the cancellation of Firefly, Community, and Arrested Development?

Hillary's going to lose the debate.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

I don't think trump can win at this point, but I do think the 3rd debate is going to be a slaughter for Hillary. Just seeing who the moderator is, what the questions are going to be about, its going to be an hour and a half of slamming clinton from all sides. Emails emails emails, benghazi, globalism, 'hemisphere of open trade', SCOTUS fear mongering to the wavering base, and bill clinton sex all throughout.

Its going to be awful, I don't know if I'll be able to sit through that one.
That's why the worst oppo should get dropped a day or two before so he pulls out and hides for a few days.

Bass Concert Hall
May 9, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Follow up question Governor, do you have a soul?

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

That's one hardcore 11 year old Pence is imagining.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I loving love this, really love it, but I kinda wish Obama would get caught up on exactly where trumps rhetoric is at. We are no longer at 'openly violating women's rights including sexual assault' and are at 'genocide apologist who wants to dismantle free speech among other things'.

I mean it's all horrible. But the scale is just...different.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Whatever his reasons, he's not going to hear the end of it for the rest of his career. Why on earth do him and the others feel that it's worth it?

Or do they seriously for real not know which direction the future is going here?

"We can control him we can control him we can control him it'll be okay it's worth it if we somehow win we can control him." is basically the insane mantra of every GOP politician right now.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm having no luck finding an article that was posted in one of the earlier USPol threads, about a Trump supporter. Guy in a wheelchair that brings his rifle everywhere, despite having the cops called on him multiple times. It was a rather sympathetic article. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

That's why the worst oppo should get dropped a day or two before so he pulls out and hides for a few days.

I don't think the Clinton team has any 'worse oppo.' The rumored super-oppo-drop has been coming for ages but I'm honestly starting to doubt it exists. Even the Assaultgate tape didn't come from them.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because if they lose this election they lose the Supreme Court, possibly even for the rest of their lifetimes.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

Goatman Sacks posted:

"Hey guys 2000 posts what did I miss?"

"Someone's rape wish got quoted and condemned 2000 times"

Yep I'm a true star now.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Casimir Radon posted:

I dunno. He's being openly mocked and condemned by every news outlet that isn't Fox or Infowars, he's doing three rallies a day, and he's sounding increasingly rattled. He's only going to get worse from now til November, especially at the rate oppo bombs are dropping.

Also Jesus Christ, Mike Pence

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think if Fox is as brazenly biased as people are assuming - and I don't think they're necessarily wrong, either - it might, possibly, stanch Trump's bleeding among the Republican base who are not Full Deplorables, BUT I don't think it will accomplish anything else. At a certain point people would perceive that it's ridiculously biased.

I'm sure Hillary will handle herself well. Consider the Benghazi hearings. This is like an eighth of that.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

cult member at airport posted:

I'm having no luck finding an article that was posted in one of the earlier USPol threads, about a Trump supporter. Guy in a wheelchair that brings his rifle everywhere, despite having the cops called on him multiple times. It was a rather sympathetic article. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

second result on google news for "man takes rifle to wal-mart" (i say this not because you should have guessed those search terms, but just because I thought it was funny):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/guns-and-sodas/2016/09/17/805e0db4-79e9-11e6-bd86-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

actually I'm not sure this is right, I don't think this guy is in a wheelchair

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

SweetAsselin posted:

Ugh some people.... Am I awful for wishing she gets raped?

***Edit: whoa!! Apparently struck a nerve with that smart assed, offensive comment. I appreciate the hateful replies from all tho. Especially the PC police calling me scum :allears:

ahahahahahah

t('.')t

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

I think if Fox is as brazenly biased as people are assuming - and I don't think they're necessarily wrong, either - it might, possibly, stanch Trump's bleeding among the Republican base who are not Full Deplorables, BUT I don't think it will accomplish anything else. At a certain point people would perceive that it's ridiculously biased.

I'm sure Hillary will handle herself well. Consider the Benghazi hearings. This is like an eighth of that.

Also remember how people responded to Matt Luarer treating Trump with Kid gloves..

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nessus posted:

If I'm Hillary I have the worst oppo drop primed to drop right after that third debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nessus posted:

It isn't like Hilldawg's a stranger to hostile terrain, true.

• Locked thread