Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

EponymousMrYar posted:

Need to try unsyncing that one day to see if it's really a % of max hp like I think it is. It's not a static number but it is consistently hurty.

It's definitely not % of max HP because it will completely obliterate a healer or DPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Choyi posted:

As I mostly queue as tank for anything not pre-made I view Protect being cast a sign from the healer; "We're good to start the run bud!" to me, without requiring any typing, else I'll just stand around awkwardly and waste a good 40sec of everyone's time as I take it that they healer either is not ready, maybe still loading in fully, waiting on CDs, IRL aggro, DCing or other.

I'm the same way. It's like saying "hello" or going /wave. The healer signals they're good to go by casting Protect-- the healer signals they're good to go by going. Nothing is lost or gained by saying hi or giving a nice little emote to your party but, like, why not do it? When I heal I just treat casting Protect as a minor, unobtrusive etiquette thing.

Also the chat log posted was someone asking for protect, Fister Roboto saying no, and then everyone getting upset. When people get mad-- or, let's say, if they just ask why not-- do you often explain to them why you aren't going to cast it, or do you just sit there? I can't imagine that saves a lot of time and surely the joke gets old after awhile.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, it's not like goons ever do things just to annoy other players for no other reason than they can. :jerkbag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7H9HZ_gD8

These are shenanigans, not being assholes. Also I'm in the first video making it a cool and good thing to do.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the only ethical griefing is my griefing

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MechaX posted:

Give EXDR bosses tank busters.

All of them.

They all have em, well most of them do. It's just they are really easy to mitigate.

Reiterpallasch posted:

the only ethical griefing is my griefing

Thank you for seeing things my way.

The funny thing is that you'll find that for the most part when goons are engaging in "Shenanigans" they tend to stay polite. Call me weird but I've never had this wild urge to even TALK to the pubbies I'm running with. Much less spit venom at them. If a run is bad I'll just split.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 19, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Good to know that a simple {No thank you.} counts as "spitting venom".

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
200 new posts about the spell Protect

this thread is more useless than the spell

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
It's almost like it's patch day or something.

Patch day come early.

Bless Saint Nymia every day. Merry Parsel-throwing-bearmas!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's like all me patch days have come at once!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

These are shenanigans, not being assholes. Also I'm in the first video making it a cool and good thing to do.

Yeah, I guess it's more like when star trek online goons queue for that one borg mission and purposely fire repulsors at the probes into the gate to fail the optional objective.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Is Cure 3 bad? I heard in passing a couple of times before I got my WHM up that it was bad, but now that I'm up there, I think it's useful to heal up Tank + DPS? I don't know what's "wrong" with it. Was it worse in HW?

Also dear god WHM at 60 is like a whole new world. I didn't get it as a SCH player and hated WHM, but stuck with it. Once you get holy and medica 2 it feels better but holy is expensive and you have to time it and plan it right in big pulls or your tank will gib. Constantly spamming lucid dreaming on CD to keep things rolling too.

Once you get assize though, oh god. I really like it now, but gently caress syncing below that.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Cure 3 is super loving good when you need a lot of aoe healing in a tight area.

What's wrong is the aoe range is really tiny.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 19, 2017

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I know if the whm in my party is good if they use cure 3 correctly at least once. Cure 3 is so amazing

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Cure 3 is super loving good when you need a lot of aoe healing in a tight area.

Emphasis on the only problem with Cure 3. Most of the time you're better served by Medica because it'll actually hit everyone where if you cast Cure 3 in that situation you'd only hit like, one or two people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The AOE radius isn't that bad, it's the exact same as your Asylum. So yeah, good for tank and melee, but if you've got that one loving bard who just loves to sit as far from everyone as possible, he's not getting healed.

And just wait until you get Thin Air.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

Emphasis on the only problem with Cure 3. Most of the time you're better served by Medica because it'll actually hit everyone where if you cast Cure 3 in that situation you'd only hit like, one or two people.

That's the point of cure 3, it's a tight heal when people are grouped up.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

oh my god the 58 drk quest is the best thing in the game :allears:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

UHD posted:

Um sorry no, that award goes to Protect

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

UHD posted:

The 60+ line is probably among the best job quests in the game.

DRK just keeps hitting home runs.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

sleepyfish posted:

man i miss kelly edits

It's late, so it's a bit of a rush job, but here you go.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

itskage posted:

Is Cure 3 bad? I heard in passing a couple of times before I got my WHM up that it was bad, but now that I'm up there, I think it's useful to heal up Tank + DPS? I don't know what's "wrong" with it. Was it worse in HW?

Also dear god WHM at 60 is like a whole new world. I didn't get it as a SCH player and hated WHM, but stuck with it. Once you get holy and medica 2 it feels better but holy is expensive and you have to time it and plan it right in big pulls or your tank will gib. Constantly spamming lucid dreaming on CD to keep things rolling too.

Once you get assize though, oh god. I really like it now, but gently caress syncing below that.

Cure 3 is what allowed WHMs solo-heal through Nidex Akh Morns.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I honestly thought cure 3 was terrible and awful and never to be used until I did the best boss in the game (sephirot EX) and ever since it's been my favourite spell in the game

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ArtIsResistance posted:

I honestly thought cure 3 was terrible and awful and never to be used until I did the best boss in the game (sephirot EX) and ever since it's been my favourite spell in the game

Yeah phase 1 of Sephirot EX was absolute hell on healers on launch. Dude loves his raidwides.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I started a friend stampede back into the game and they want to start an FC but I dunno if it is worthwhile with 10ish people and all the housing plots bought up. Seems like a lot of stuff is locked behind owning a house? Can you at least do the FC buffs without a house? Net info is spread from various patches so it isn't clear.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Leofish posted:

I like it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Leofish posted:

Perfect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So I've now unlocked Beast Tribe quests, and I'm disappointed I can't go on adventures with the Ixal yet.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

They all have em, well most of them do. It's just they are really easy to mitigate.

The scorpion in Sohm Al (hard) was great because his tankbuster was actually terrifying.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I enjoy bosses that have proper tankbusters with cast times/really obvious tells (KILL!) because then I get to feel like I'm actually doing something with my cooldown usage.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

FuzzySlippers posted:

I started a friend stampede back into the game and they want to start an FC but I dunno if it is worthwhile with 10ish people and all the housing plots bought up. Seems like a lot of stuff is locked behind owning a house? Can you at least do the FC buffs without a house? Net info is spread from various patches so it isn't clear.

You should be able to do small scale FC buffs without a house. Those are just tied to your FC level/rank, which you earn by doing just about anything. You won't be able to make high level rank 3 buffs, but those are mostly for raiders who need a little bit more of an edge for an encounter. You can also set up your own FC emblem and chest without a house.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leofish posted:

the only problem is that it's called lvlroo, outside of that

:discourse:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm pretty sure I've seen people who started playing after 3.0 call it LLDR, it's never going to die. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

in the great roo naming wars, stand for the right side

down with drs, long live roo.

person with low dps: "anyone for the adr? :)" [pops into a 40 minute dun scaith]
me, a person who only has holy and assize on their hotbar: "allyroo, lets go" [pops into a 15 minute syrcus]

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Dec 19, 2017

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I think that in the entire time I've played FFXIV since 2.0, I've used Cure 3....3 or 4 times.

I mean, I have Medica and Medica 2. What's the point?

I'm Baph, the greastest WHM

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cure 3 is extremely excellent on anything which is a stack up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There is only one God and his name is roo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Uhhhh. I've never heard anyone call anything lvlroo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Come to Omega and we'll get you fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I think that in the entire time I've played FFXIV since 2.0, I've used Cure 3....3 or 4 times.

I mean, I have Medica and Medica 2. What's the point?

I'm Baph, the greastest WHM

Anything where you want to be stacked like mentioned. In example O1S and O2S have lots of prime Cure 3 opportunities.