Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Zeris posted:

Wait do you own them

I've found it easier to rent Koreans in the long run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

nullscan posted:

I read this in a Ray Gillette voice.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nullscan posted:

You don't rent 'em you lease that surly bastard.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Here's a neato thing that makes a playlist linking two different artists:

http://static.echonest.com/BoilTheFrog/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

Here's a neato thing that makes a playlist linking two different artists:

http://static.echonest.com/BoilTheFrog/

http://static.echonest.com/BoilTheFrog/?src=Bing%20Crosby&dest=Lady%20Gaga

I have no idea how these 10 songs are related.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

It's a progression of auto-tune levels

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

http://static.echonest.com/BoilTheFrog/?src=Nancy%20SInatra&dest=Wu%20Tang%20Clan

It kinda works, its pretty much just changing genre and tempo at slow rate

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Toothpick trip report:

poo poo was infected when I woke up this morning, went to the campus health clinic, where a chill doctor decided to overstep his legal competencies to help me out, but the fucker was wedged so deep under the ball of my foot, he couldn't do poo poo.

Had me referred to surgery, so I ubered there 20 mins later, had the foot localized and was under the knife another 30 mins later, an hour of digging and cutting (which the chick tried to avoid to not gently caress over my plans for the next 3 weeks) later, the toothpick's out.

Five stitches, unfortunately, and I'm on crutches for the next 4 weeks. RIP all my loving plans.

And I still have to figure out how to move out of my current apt, and into the new one...on crutches. Good loving times.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hire some dudes. gently caress moving.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tastefully arranged labia posted:

the smartest move to make

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress some dudes. Hire moving.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You can get a crew of professional movers for a few hours for a couple hundred bucks. I've done it through u-haul's website, they loaded my poo poo onto a rental truck at one end and another crew unloaded it on the other. I'll never destroy my back moving my own furniture again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I hire guys because it's bougie as gently caress. Bring cash for tips and some coffee and donuts and your poo poo will get taken care of.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, moving house is one of my most hated things to do so I'm pretty sure it's not high up on these guys list of great and awesome things so don't be a cheap dick.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't have enough to really justify shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a bunch of hirelings, nor the wish to shell out a couple hundred bucks, to be honest. My amount of poo poo really calls for two or three folks and a driver, so I'm trying to call in some favors with faculty and other folks I know up here.

It still annoys the gently caress out of me because I really prefer to be independent and not asking for help, so being on crutches in a place like Flagstaff without a car is annoying as all gently caress to me.

Thought about popping one of the painkillers before going to bed because the anesthesia is starting to wear off, but it's something-codone, and from all I've heard of those, some stories of which from in here, no less, they terrify me.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Can't you slave labor your Koreans into it? I mean that seems like the obvious choice here.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't have enough to really justify shelling out a couple hundred bucks for a bunch of hirelings, nor the wish to shell out a couple hundred bucks, to be honest. My amount of poo poo really calls for two or three folks and a driver, so I'm trying to call in some favors with faculty and other folks I know up here.

It still annoys the gently caress out of me because I really prefer to be independent and not asking for help, so being on crutches in a place like Flagstaff without a car is annoying as all gently caress to me.

Thought about popping one of the painkillers before going to bed because the anesthesia is starting to wear off, but it's something-codone, and from all I've heard of those, some stories of which from in here, no less, they terrify me.

If you're not an addictive personality, they're a pain pill and that's it. We typically ended up throwing out bottles of those- I know, right? because we didn't like the sluggy feels

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Rat posted:

Can't you slave labor your Koreans into it? I mean that seems like the obvious choice here.

Seems like a good idea, call it indentured labor for the co-pay I already had to pay out.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Give them a jumbo pack of toilet paper or something and a big rear end bucket of KFC or a pizza with corn on it and they'll help

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/862114246271696896

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Do you see what happens, Comey? Do you see what happens when you touch the poop?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Welp, im in the ER with what looks terrifyingly like a really really bad infection.

Toes ballooned up and red, feel like they're on fire, and the swelling and temperature hike has been spreading from my toes to the ankle in under 2 hours

RIP me, I had a good 34 years

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srpQHsncCo

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Welp, im in the ER with what looks terrifyingly like a really really bad infection.

Toes ballooned up and red, feel like they're on fire, and the swelling and temperature hike has been spreading from my toes to the ankle in under 2 hours

Your Koreans are taking their revenge for the slavery

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You don't need two feet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dude youre gonna get a peg leg

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I had to deal with something like that a couple weeks after I got nailed in the foot by a stingray. It's not as bad as it seems and antibiotics will clear it up in a few days.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

Dude youre gonna get a peg leg

He didn't say he was at the VA.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Skillcraft of medicine.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

They're now debating in front of me whether it's "bad enough" (!) To put me on IV antibiotics, or whether they should send me home...

how in the gently caress
:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're now debating in front of me whether it's "bad enough" (!) To put me on IV antibiotics, or whether they should send me home...

how in the gently caress

Dude, people's mouths are loving disgusting and riddled with bacteria on a level only bested by beasts like the komodo dragon. A human bite is one of the worst animal bites you can get regarding infection.

You had a toothpick break off in your foot. Some piece of wood that has soaked in some of the nastiest bacteria got to just chill deep inside an open wound for a bit. You're lucky you caught it before it got worse. You could have lost your foot or more.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

how in the gently caress

You sure you're not at the VA?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sever.

Your leg, that is.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude, people's mouths are loving disgusting and riddled with bacteria on a level only bested by beasts like the komodo dragon. A human bite is one of the worst animal bites you can get regarding infection.

You had a toothpick break off in your foot. Some piece of wood that has soaked in some of the nastiest bacteria got to just chill deep inside an open wound for a bit. You're lucky you caught it before it got worse. You could have lost your foot or more.

You do know that I'm dumbfounded at the fact that sending a patient home is somehow on the table when putting them on iv antibiotics is also being considered, not the fact that infections from foreign objects can be bad, right?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Also:

They sent me home because the infection isn't " bad enough" and told me to pick up two stronger antibiotics at Walgreens

What in the world

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also:

They sent me home because the infection isn't " bad enough" and told me to pick up two stronger antibiotics at Walgreens

What in the world

go to a different doctor/clinic/hospital/whatever and get looked after

gip doesn't need another fallen hero

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You really don't need to be inpatient at a hospital unless your really goddamn sick. Or in my case: Batshit Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You really don't need to be inpatient at a hospital unless your really goddamn sick. Or in my case: Batshit Insane.

True, but I would argue an infection clearly spreading up your leg is pretty loving serious.
I nearly died of septicemia when I was a kid, funnily enough caused by a stick jamming in between two of my toes and leaving an open wound, and since I walked around in bare feet all the time nature happened.

Don't gently caress around with this.

• Locked thread