Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
NXT 2.0 Preview

quote:

Rivals become allies as Tommaso Ciampa & Bron Breakker take on GYV
A lot can happen between now and Halloween Havoc, and Bron Breakker wants to make sure Tommaso Ciampa is at his best when the two meet for the NXT Championship. So, when The Grizzled Young Veterans tried to intimidate The Blackheart, Breakker stepped in to back up the champ.

They may be on opposite sides of the ring come Oct. 26, but for now, Ciampa and Breakker will unite in an effort to take down GYV. Can the tentative allies work together long enough to earn a victory, or will Ciampa and Breakker head into Halloween Havoc less than 100 percent thanks to GYV?

quote:

Triple Threat Match to determine who spins the wheel
There has been no love lost between tag teams Io Shirai & Zoey Stark, Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta and Toxic Attraction’s Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne, as witnessed in last week’s melee. With a Triple Threat Match for the Women’s Tag Team Titles looming at Halloween Havoc, the stakes have just risen as one member of each duo will battle for the right to Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal.

But only one Superstar can test their fortune, so who will earn that right?

quote:

Odyssey Jones and Andre Chase set for Breakout Tournament Rematch
The rivalry between Odyssey Jones and Andre Chase runs deep ever since Jones got the better of Chase in the 2021 NXT Breakout Tournament.

Since that match, the founder of Chase University has been a perpetual thorn in Jones’ side, notably interfering in Jones’ recent match against LA Knight.

This Tuesday, Jones will finally get his hands on Chase, but will he end up being the next lesson at Chase University?

quote:

The tradition continues with Tony D’Angelo back in action
Tradition is everything to Tony D’Angelo, and the NXT newcomer is back to uphold the tradition following his impressive debut victory over Malik Blade.

Tune in to see the new made man of NXT 2.0 get the streets talking once again, as he steps into the ring for singles action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Oh boy ANOTHER "Can they Coexist"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those promo images are aggressively vivid

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

backing up a few pages, it doesn't surprise me in the least that obnoxious empty suit "what does this mean for BRANDS" Darren Rovell is a WWE shill.

the old deadspin called him post-human and that sounds about right

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the NXT graphics not bothering with names is cool, any one of these clowns might be repackaged before the show airs anyway

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Has Karrion Kross been on TV in like the past month? Scarlett posted a cryptic message on IG about "always having an escape plan" so the writing might be on the wall.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
CAN they coexist though?

How do people get paid so much to write the same story so many times

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

also contains one of those classic Trek plot holes – if the Enterprise and Fraiser's ship keep time-looping after they crash into each other, what was Fraiser's ship crashing into for decades in the loop before the Enterprise showed up?

I CAN BOOK IT BETTER

That's not a plot hole. They always crashed into the Enterprise because they exited the wormhole at the precise time the Enterprise showed up.

No booking for you. Gimme the book

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Has Karrion Kross been on TV in like the past month? Scarlett posted a cryptic message on IG about "always having an escape plan" so the writing might be on the wall.

which show did he get drafted to

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

9/27 was his last match and cut a promo from backstage I believe?

And I don't think we have seen him since. He did get drafted to Raw at the least

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1450117498964164610

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Weird that they have no plans for Scarlett when she fits exactly the type of female performer they're looking for these days

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
So you want a down to earth show that's filled with magic robots

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not wishing for anyone to get fired but I'm very entertained by the thought of Nick Khan seeing the head2head demographic ratings, checking how much Roman and (especially) Lesnar are paid, and a smash cut to Vince doing his gulp.gif

I can see this happening, but with some of the higher paid women.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Last thing I saw Kross do was this extremely Malakai Black lite ripoff with a backstage segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrdwUtQ02UA

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I know I say this all the time but those NXT2.0 graphics are the dirt-worst.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I know I say this all the time but those NXT2.0 graphics are the dirt-worst.

If that color had a crayola crayon it'd be called "Fat Person's Yoga Pants"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i was barely aware of the Grizzled Young Veterans before but now every time i see them all i can think is "Poundland Beaver Boys" and it makes me laugh

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

Mods please sticky this post.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

But where do I go if I want to see a dude fuckin an alligator?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

i was barely aware of the Grizzled Young Veterans before but now every time i see them all i can think is "Poundland Beaver Boys" and it makes me laugh

The absolute best thing about James Drake is crowds singing “he’s got his own face on his arse” to the tune of the whole world in his hands, or “choo choo choo, James Drake is a wanker” to the tune of do the conga.

Without that, he’s nothing.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Alaois posted:

tbh that makes sense, when I first saw Zack Gibson (in a half-baked main event where he built up heat by insinuating that Andy Wild is a disappointment to his son) I really should have shouted out 'you're a Poundland Johnny Hungee'

granted, I didn't even know that John Silver existed at that time, but still,

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Renaissance Spam posted:

Oh boy ANOTHER "Can they Coexist"

No no, this is "Can the tentative allies work together" - totally different!

Blaise330 posted:

Last thing I saw Kross do was this extremely Malakai Black lite ripoff with a backstage segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrdwUtQ02UA

Ah, also stealing from Sean O'Haire down to a poorly fitted suit.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1450555064905519113

heh

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Weird that they have no plans for Scarlett when she fits exactly the type of female performer they're looking for these days

https://twitter.com/captdeadpool316/status/1450118381408034821?s=21

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The MLB game on FS1 did 0.79

So, you know.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Pylons posted:

So, you know.

*in the patrick bateman voice*

nobody has that channel anymore

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:sickos:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
is the current incarnation of "spin the wheel, make the deal" like the mario party chance time thing where being the one to spin it would give you a significant advantage or does tonight's NXT feature a match where the stakes are just "you get to be near this randomized outcome"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Pylons posted:

So, you know.

and it was 9-0 after 3

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1450560400303562752

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1450558084221321217?s=21

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Grayson Waller vs. LA Knight – Winner Hosts Halloween Havoc
When it comes to next week’s Halloween Havoc, a war of words over who should host the terrifying NXT 2.0 special has oozed its way to the forefront of social media this week between Grayson Waller and LA Knight.

Who will oversee the special event? Find out when Waller goes head-to-head with Knight to determine the host of Halloween Havoc

So I guess it's co-host with Chucky?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Truly an honour worth fighting for!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

humiliation for loser haunter

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn't LA Knight a world champion at TNA/Impact Wrestling? I wonder if he regrets signing with the WWE.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I don't think "He had to feud with Randy Orton, Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins" is a fair defense of Edge's return. Those are WWEs top guys! If he wasn't feuding with them it would be The Fiend and Baron Corbin! These are the guys he came back to work with!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

Wasn't LA Knight a world champion at TNA/Impact Wrestling? I wonder if he regrets signing with the WWE.

I doubt it because he spent time in the NWA in between so he probably likes making money now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
bold to think he was making money in TNA.