Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm not wishing for anyone to get fired but I'm very entertained by the thought of Nick Khan seeing the head2head demographic ratings, checking how much Roman and (especially) Lesnar are paid, and a smash cut to Vince doing his gulp.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

big as a bear, cool as a cat

My wrestling name is Mammoth Cucumber

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
The thing I remember most about Edge's return is "THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER," which to this day is still messing up search engines.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

CobiWann posted:

The thing I remember most about Edge's return is "THE GREATEST WRESTLING MATCH EVER," which to this day is still messing up search engines.

So it was a success

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dromal phrenia posted:

I'm not wishing for anyone to get fired but I'm very entertained by the thought of Nick Khan seeing the head2head demographic ratings, checking how much Roman and (especially) Lesnar are paid, and a smash cut to Vince doing his gulp.gif

Not in the same league but I am expecting this to happen with Sheamus, Balor or Nakamura.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
someone got me tickets to smack down next month for my birthday. I haven’t watched anything wwe since probably wrestlemania. who is even on smack down. is anything there good?

the indie shows haven’t really come back to ct yet like they were before Covid and no chance aew can get in an arena here

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

John Romero posted:

someone got me tickets to smack down next month for my birthday. I haven’t watched anything wwe since probably wrestlemania. who is even on smack down. is anything there good?

the indie shows haven’t really come back to ct yet like they were before Covid and no chance aew can get in an arena here

I don't know who actually is on Smackdown due to not watching + they just did a draft. WWE has a stacked roster so I'm sure some of them are good. I think Nakamura and Cesaro are Smackdown?

The plus side is that being there live means you won't deal with the nauseating camera work or miserable commentary, so I hope you have fun :) Happy Birthday!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s still probably some fun to be had at a live show. It blows its WWE but if you ain’t paying for it go have fun.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Live wrestling is always super fun even when it's bad.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I wonder how things would've actually turned out if Edge had decided to sign with AEW.

Sexton Hardcastle would be living his best life and supporting his sons the Varsity Blondes.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

John Romero posted:

Not really. The Bloodline (Roman, Heyman and the Usos) is still chugging along. With Brock, it's hit it's most interesting beat it has left (whose side is Heyman on?!), but unless there's a double turn the storyline is gonna drag on until Roman vs The Rock. The only strong babyface left is Drew McIntyre but he's been flanderized to death, cutting terrible promos about stereotypical scottish things and carrying around a sword which is pretty much his only personality trait now, so that feud will die a horrible death.

uh... there's nakamura and rick BOOGS, i guess. that's about it, the rest of the SD roster is going nowhere fast

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

well, here's the draft results for Smackdown:

but it looks like your show is the go-home show for Survivor Series, so assuming Drew beats Big E on Thursday and goes to Raw as a result, you're looking at a staredown between Roman and Drew McIntyre in preparation for a non-title match which Roman will win decisively, and a whole lot of inter-brand invasion shenanigans

probably not much wrestling tho, unless Vince is really scared by Rampage that night

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

The two genders, Men and SmackDown

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dude if edge went to AEW there is no doubt Jon and his filmmaker buddy would have looped edge into making a goofy straight to streaming two hander

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

dromal phrenia posted:

the infinitely more likely scenario is that they see becky vs. sasha got walloped and decide that the women's wrestling experiment has failed

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think Xavier has the king of the ring in the bag. How can Balor be the ring's king when the ring betrayed him during his last title match?

Side note wow, I didn't know Shayna lost her queen of the ring match, guess her 3 week unstoppable streak is over. Least we get a face vs heel finals.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 19, 2021

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dunno. does saudi arabia like black people. feel like they wouldnt.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

The two genders, Men and SmackDown

A Saudi view of things

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Blaise330 posted:

I think Xavier has the king of the ring in the bag. How can Balor be the ring's king when the ring betrayed him during his last title match?

Did they actually address the ring thing with Balor, or was it one of those dumb WWE things?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Blaise330 posted:

I dunno. It could be a setup for changing him from Prince to King

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
KotR final is gonna turn into a triple threat with Shane going over.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Majinfoose posted:

Did they actually address the ring thing with Balor, or was it one of those dumb WWE things?

Nope, it just happened and he was drafted off the show the next week.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Venomous posted:

well, here's the draft results for Smackdown:

but it looks like your show is the go-home show for Survivor Series, so assuming Drew beats Big E on Thursday and goes to Raw as a result, you're looking at a staredown between Roman and Drew McIntyre in preparation for a non-title match which Roman will win decisively, and a whole lot of inter-brand invasion shenanigans

probably not much wrestling tho, unless Vince is really scared by Rampage that night

There is not a single person in this list that I could see WWE putting over Roman for the title. Drew is a maybe at best. This draft basically ensures another full year of Roman

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Pylons posted:

I wonder how things would've actually turned out if Edge had decided to sign with AEW.

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

thats a blast from the past

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I remember Halloween havoc being decent last year, think I’ll watch it tbh

SPIN THE WHEEL, MAKE A DEAL

it was good, tbh

Digital Jedi posted:

I really only listen on mute but I still don't think WWE has even mentioned this fact about his new nickname

they have not

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

Not in the same league but I am expecting this to happen with Sheamus, Balor or Nakamura.

I feel like Dave has made some quick comments here and there that suggest Sheamus is on borrowed time.

DLC Inc posted:

I get what you're saying---I would never put Edge in 2020 in remotely the same circle as any of these guys. "Ended up injured after all of them" tells everything----the guy isn't Bryan, he isn't Christian, he looks haggard af and just isn't as solid a hand in the ring anymore. He was a big draw when he was younger but he doesn't really have the same quality of opponents to dance with.

Bryan and Christian have scrambled brains but my guess is that it's easier to maintain their bodies than it is for Edge to do it with a scrambled vertebrae. I would disagree about him being solid though, his matches are still good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, all craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

backing up a few pages, it doesn't surprise me in the least that obnoxious empty suit "what does this mean for BRANDS" Darren Rovell is a WWE shill.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Christian got me to start watching TNA but Edge did not get me to return to WWE.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's called AEW. Some of the best loving wrestlers on the planet are in that company, craving action. You want to watch wrestling? AEW's got you covered. You want to see a dude wrestling a dinosaur? AEW.

a 30 man match to determine the challenger for the world heavyweight championship at wrestlemania. better known as, the rumble.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Hedgehog Pie posted:

If Darius Emmanuel Grouch III won King of the Ring, would he be the Royal Rumble?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh, sorry gavok, just a hair too late. take it down.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

No way. My post involves the character's amazing full name. That's worth keeping.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

mods?!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Gavok posted:

If Darius Emmanuel Grouch III won King of the Ring, would he be the Royal Rumble?

Depends if they could shoot Kelsey Grammer out in two days

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

when the pandemic started i decided to "catch up" on some classic shows i'd never given a chance which ended up primarily being the tv shows star trek and frasier. my roommate would watch them back to back, hours into days, endless content, and then there was a star trek episode about time anomalies and at the end they solve it and who should greet them but captain frasier grouch himself kelsey grammar, fellas, it frankly broke my god damned feeble little brain.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
That's one of the very best episodes.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

also contains one of those classic Trek plot holes – if the Enterprise and Fraiser's ship keep time-looping after they crash into each other, what was Fraiser's ship crashing into for decades in the loop before the Enterprise showed up?

I CAN BOOK IT BETTER

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

El Generico posted:

Live wrestling is always super fun even when it's bad.

I don't know, Over the Limit 2010 put me off ever attending a WWE event again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't know, Over the Limit 2010 put me off ever attending a WWE event again.

man, Swagger retains the WHC in a DQ over Big Show in a 5-minute match. That's definitely a company who cares about its booking!