Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/840400484674428929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Raiders, Chiefs, and Seahawks are the only 3 teams left who have signed no one.

Seahawks signed Joeckel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840423328045240321

he bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

I looked him up, he's been in the league for 4 years and played on 5 teams somehow. His only start came for you guys though.

I guess he plays special teams? PFR doesn't have him recording a tackle or any other stat other than games played and that one start since 2014.

He has 15 career tackles in 4 seasons

GET HYPE SAN FRAN

e: Not only has he been on five teams, he's had a different number for each one. lmao

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 11, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Is this another Jmarcus Webb thing

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

can't be that bad. webb gave up like 4 sacks in one game before we signed him lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still have no idea what Webb did on the Bears that made any team in existence say "Hey let's sign this guy"

I pretty much never understood anything the Martz Bears did actually. "Let's build a trashheap of an offensive line and then have our QB take seven step drops every time"

Was Martz the one who sat down next to Cutler who immediately got up and left?

e: Nope that was Tice, nevermind

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 11, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Basically Martz got lucky with multiple generational talents on the Rams, and then thought his "seven-step bomb it deep" playbook would work with any team. Turns out that's a lot easier to do when you have Orlando Pace locking down the blind side and Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce running perfect routes, with Marshall Faulk keeping the defense honest on the ground.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Did some research, plays G and T, PFF has him as one of the most improved O-linemen and McKenzie was with GB when they drafted him. Just a depth signing.

https://twitter.com/SilverBlakPride/status/840428402792267776

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Cowboys signed Damontre Moore, Stephen Paea, and Nolan Carroll. They also resigned Terrance Williams for four years, $17 million

These are all good bargain deals filling needs. Williams comes back at the cheap price i expected

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
With all the big WR prospects signed what the hell are the Titans doing? I'm not aware of anyone besides Mike Williams in the draft.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I dearly miss Marshall Newhouse being in the NFC North.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

He has 15 career tackles in 4 seasons

GET HYPE SAN FRAN

e: Not only has he been on five teams, he's had a different number for each one. lmao

Nice.

Pumped for this dude who won't make the 53

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/840400484674428929?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Raiders, Chiefs, and Seahawks are the only 3 teams left who have signed no one.
Chiefs signed some lovely Offensive Lineman that will be cut in August. :shobon:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

With all the big WR prospects signed what the hell are the Titans doing? I'm not aware of anyone besides Mike Williams in the draft.

My understanding is the WR class this year isn't top heavy but it's pretty deep, so I'd imagine you'll draft a guy or two.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They are going to draft Mike Williams

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Metapod posted:

They are going to draft Mike Williams

CB at 5 and I doubt Mike survives till their next pick which is after the Ravens. It just seems odd to be that far in on a WR that isn't top 5.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm still pissed that the Ravens poo poo themselves to a top ten pick the one year there aren't any WRs or pass rushers worth the pick. Still beats being the 2013 Chiefs.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Ches Neckbeard posted:

CB at 5 and I doubt Mike survives till their next pick which is after the Ravens. It just seems odd to be that far in on a WR that isn't top 5.

With the way Buffalo is hemorrhaging WRs they likely would take him at 10

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

assuming that cutler inevitably is a jet, i can't decide if it is funnier if he sucks and is pilloried by the tabloids with cut puns or if he is just much, much better than glennon; it seems likely that both of these scenarios happen simultaneously

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

I still have no idea what Webb did on the Bears that made any team in existence say "Hey let's sign this guy"

I pretty much never understood anything the Martz Bears did actually. "Let's build a trashheap of an offensive line and then have our QB take seven step drops every time"

Was Martz the one who sat down next to Cutler who immediately got up and left?

e: Nope that was Tice, nevermind

Martz in chicago owned because they shipped one of the best players in the nfl to carolina for a 3rd round pick.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's incredible to me that Cutler was so despised in Chicago that fans still hated him even after he lived out every single one of their dreams by telling Martz to go gently caress himself on live television

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
I like all the raven's pickups so far, even Woodhead.

Flacco can't keep drives alive without a good dump-off back, for when the defense is tight downfield. We've sucked in that regard since we ditched Ray Rice.

Woodhead is no Rice, but he had more receiving yards in the last full year he played than BOTH Dixon and West did last year. Rice, Jr?

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 11, 2017

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

R.D. Mangles posted:

assuming that cutler inevitably is a jet, i can't decide if it is funnier if he sucks and is pilloried by the tabloids with cut puns or if he is just much, much better than glennon; it seems likely that both of these scenarios happen simultaneously

I'd go so far as to suggest both scenarios are likely. I think he will be pretty good but the Jets team will be such utter poo poo that it won't matter and the press will lump all of them together.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i suppose that marshall newhouse's game has improved if you grade on the scale of "better than ereck flowers"

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
If the Poe rumors are true, I look forward to the possibility of having Poe, Jackson, and Campbell all in the DL rotation. That will leave Fowler and Ngakoue to go hog wild and give Ramsey/Bouye a chance to go get some balls.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

TSBX posted:

If the Poe rumors are true, I look forward to the possibility of having Poe, Jackson, and Campbell all in the DL rotation. That will leave Fowler and Ngakoue to go hog wild and give Ramsey/Bouye a chance to go get some balls.

Poe is visiting Indy as the first stop on his FA tour, and given what a huge need NT is for the Colts, if Ballard (who knows Poe's situation as well as anyone) declines to sign him that should probably be seen as a red flag.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Did some research, plays G and T, PFF has him as one of the most improved O-linemen and McKenzie was with GB when they drafted him. Just a depth signing.

https://twitter.com/SilverBlakPride/status/840428402792267776

PFF is trash.

Much like Marshall Newhouse!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

a new study bible! posted:

Now all Lane needs to do is stop taking steroids.

That's gonna be my avatar text by the end of next season...I can feel it

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

a new study bible! posted:

Now all Lane needs to do is stop taking steroids.

He has Alshon for support this season.

Steroids Anonymous.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

So, the Eagles are loaded up on offensive linemen and apparently they are set to retain all of them. Even Kelce. This is what we currently look like without the practice squad guys:

Jason Kelce (C)
Isaac Seumalo (C, G)
Steven Wisniewski (C, G)
Chance Warmack (G)
Brandon Brooks (G)
Matt Tobin (G)
Allen Barbre (G, T)
Jason Peters (T)
Lane Johnson (T)
Halapoulivaati Vaitai (T)

The best part? They are all usually starters.

Considering we started 5 different right tackles due to injury last season, I am cool with this development. Eagles are all innnnnn on Wentzzzz

They aren't keeping them all.

It's just a negotiating stance to keep their value up a bit.

IMHO.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

euphronius posted:

They aren't keeping them all.

It's just a negotiating stance to keep their value up a bit.

IMHO.

That's the good part though. It means we can realistically allow any of them to walk without too much repercussion (maybe minus peters and lane "STOP DOING loving ROIDS" johnson"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nate Allen is apparently a Dolphin for 1yr/$3.4m. Seems reasonable I guess, but I hope we get someone better in the draft.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

About Mike Glennon's contract:

https://twitter.com/adamjahns/status/840205815852199937

Maybe this won't be too bad

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Nate Allen is apparently a Dolphin for 1yr/$3.4m. Seems reasonable I guess, but I hope we get someone better in the draft.

As long as we don't draft Peppers in the first I am happy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/840556716232196096

ok sure

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

As long as we don't draft Peppers in the first I am happy

What've you got against peppers? Versatile super athlete seems to be the in thing at the moment

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

tarbrush posted:

What've you got against peppers? Versatile super athlete seems to be the in thing at the moment

Sorry we only stock up on gritty, hardnosed, students of the game up here in NE

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

He doesn't know how to play the sport of American football

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sorry we only stock up on gritty, hardnosed, students of the game up here in NE

Plus Gronk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

tarbrush posted:

Plus Gronk

Yeah but he's got a lunch pail, grind it out, work ethic and plays the game the right way

• Locked thread