Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

at least the rest of her post history is fun

I really want to gently caress my boss.
good news lady, your bf is so spineless he probably wouldn't confront you if you hosed your boss in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

at least the rest of her post history is fun

I really want to gently caress my boss.

Drunkenly messaged my new boss last night - what should I do?

What is 'normal' when it comes to sex with a long term partner?
[removed]

lol, i looked her up, her current partner is a cold fish who has also reminded her that she's not the best he's ever had, he's also immature, spineless, won't stand up to his friends and/or may be setting her up to get assaulted

No wonder she wants to gently caress her boss, it's gotta be tiresome to be in a long term relationship with a toddler.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mirthless posted:

lol, i looked her up, her current partner is a cold fish who has also reminded her that she's not the best he's ever had, he's also immature, spineless, won't stand up to his friends and/or may be setting her up to get assaulted

No wonder she wants to gently caress her boss, it's gotta be tiresome to be in a long term relationship with a toddler.

It's two different bosses I think, which means she has a fetish.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I wonder if her boyfriend's spinelessness and inability to command the respect of his friends and peers gave her some kind of weird authority fetish?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i wonder if dave ever showed her his penis

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

more like an incredibly predictable authority fetish

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cthulu Carl posted:

When Dave whips it out, she should just act like she's seeing a puppy.

"D'awwww, who's a good wittle dinkie? You are! You're a good wittle dinkie!"

With the way Dave keeps waving around knives, that might be a bad idea.

She needs to leave Dave and go get that promotion.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My husband [29 M] of 8 years, believes that he shouldn't have to settle for a job that he doesn't love, I [29F] am struggling to be sympathetic.

quote:

For as long as I've known my husband he has always complained about his job. He spent several months working at a call center and absolutely hated it. I hated working there too, and while I didn't complain I still understood why he was unhappy.

Next he spent a few years working in fast food. For the first few months he loved it, but then he began complaining nonstop and frequently spent the nights drinking.

Then he worked in retail, and the same scenario happened again. We discussed what kind of career he really wanted, said he wanted to be an author. I fully supported him, handled all of the cooking, cleaning and general housework so that he had plenty of free time outside of work so that he could write. He finished his book, failed to get it published. He gave up on it after just a handful of publishers refused it.

At this point he decided he wanted to be an electrician, he went to school for the certifications and got a very good paying job with a very good company. He loved it... for the first few months. Then he started drinking more again and complaining. I sat down and asked him why he isn't happy.

"I like my job, I even like all the people I work with, but I don't love it. I dread going to work because I'd rather stay at home and be a blacksmith."

Now, I'm having a hard time sympathizing with him here. I hate seeing him unhappy, and I want to help him, but I feel like he's living in a fantasy world. He has no experience in blacksmithing at all, not to mention it isn't exactly high in demand. In today's times it's a hobby, not a career unless you're very skilled. He also isn't willing to make parts, he wants to make a living off of making swords.

I've tried everything I can think of to make him happier overall. I do all of the homeschooling for our two children, all of the cooking, all of the cleaning, all of the yardwork, all of the paperwork, ect. He gets to come home from work and do whatever he wants, he has loads of free time for hobbies and yet all he does is complain about how he feels that he isn't 'doing what he's meant to do'.

How do I help him with this? Part of me is getting exasperated with the whole cycle and just wants to tell him to grow the gently caress up, but that doesn't exactly seem helpful.

for the record, I want to be a caveman when I grow up

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I'm going to break from the "spineless" opinion and go ahead and say that her bf just doesn't give a poo poo about how she feels. Also I bet she is way more into him than he is into her.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

My husband [29 M] of 8 years, believes that he shouldn't have to settle for a job that he doesn't love, I [29F] am struggling to be sympathetic.

I want to read a novel written by the grown-rear end man who thinks he can and should make a living making swords

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

quote:

We discussed what kind of career he really wanted, said he wanted to be an author.
you should've broken up with him on the spot, lady.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I make my living creating the strongest Hanzo steel katanas for my feudal lord and his army.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I want to be a CEO of a Fortune 50 company. I'm going to stay home and play video games until it happens. Why should I settle?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I say let the man buy one sword and play with it until he's bored of it and realises he probably doesn't actually care about swords that much.
Or he accidentally cuts his head off.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

:shittydog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE :shittydog:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
you should've broken up with him on the spot, lady.
[/quote]

He finished his book, so he's already ahead of the pack when it comes to that. I'm sure it's terrible, though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

new phone who dis posted:

He finished his book, so he's already ahead of the pack when it comes to that. I'm sure it's terrible, though.

ulillillia has written two novels. it's not hard to write a novel, you just sit down and write it until it's done

it's hard as gently caress to write a good novel though. i think directionless husband is just a good example of why you don't marry young

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

This sounds exactly like a family member of mine, lol

He changed careers a dozen times through his 30s and 40s before becoming "disabled" about six months after Burning Crusade came out.

She should run. If a dude hasn't figured out what he wants to do by 30 he's never going to figure it out. This guy's a loser who can't accept that work isn't supposed to be fun.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Antivehicular posted:

I want to read a novel written by the grown-rear end man who thinks he can and should make a living making swords

I had a college roommate actually manage to do that. And he was still a whiny butthole about it, when it was literally his dream job.
He was also a pedophile with drummer sweat

E: the making swords part

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Gloryhold It! posted:

I had a college roommate actually manage to do that. And he was still a whiny butthole about it, when it was literally his dream job.
He was also a pedophile with drummer sweat

E: the making swords part

it's like people who get into graphic design because they want to make money doing what they're passionate about, only to discover too late that their entire job is designing limited edition cereal box logos

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

yeah he's unusually dedicated and accomplished for this kind of schlub, it's a surprise he even got his engineering cert, but still jesus imagine raising a family with the lovely mild-steel backyard-forged Damocles sword over your head that every day might be the day you come home to find your husband's quit his job as primary breadwinner of the family to try and become an astronaut

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

yeah he's unusually dedicated and accomplished for this kind of schlub, it's a surprise he even got his engineering cert, but still jesus imagine raising a family with the lovely mild-steel backyard-forged Damocles sword over your head that every day might be the day you come home to find your husband's quit his job as primary breadwinner of the family to try and become an astronaut

NaNoWriMo should be proof that you don't have to be particularly dedicated or accomplished to write a novel

If he didn't get published it might as well be 50k-100k words randomly strung together.

You just know if he gave up after a handful of publishers, editing and revision was just too much work for him

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it probably is but having known several of those dudes that's still an exceptional amount of time with a videogame controller out of his hands

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

it probably is but having known several of those dudes that's still an exceptional amount of time with a videogame controller out of his hands

:drat:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I knew a guy who was apprenticd to a blacksmith but ultimately became a jeweler as that makes more reliable money and that was the family business. Still made some beautiful and insanely expensive wrought iron gate pieces and other detailed blacksmithing on commission so its not like he gave it up fully.

This guy sounds less ready to put in a decade of work practicing his craft.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 4, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I don't have any sympathy for blacksmith guy, but they are also homeschooling the kids which I bet is her idea so I think they are both trash and probably about right for each other. Homeschoolers are the worst kind of hippy.

Life is not about findingg a perfect magic combination that makes you happy. It is about realizing that life and work always suck to some degree and finding a way to be happy anyway.

By all means make a carreer change if it will be a better fit but after a couple tries either actually sit down and figure out what will be good for you or get a loving hobby instead of changing jobs every year.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To be fair call center -> food service -> retail have to be the worst jobs to have in the USA and I don't blame him for not sticking those out.

I got to the part where he wants to be a blacksmith though and my sympathy kind of diminished.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mirthless posted:

NaNoWriMo should be proof that you don't have to be particularly dedicated or accomplished to write a novel

If he didn't get published it might as well be 50k-100k words randomly strung together.

You just know if he gave up after a handful of publishers, editing and revision was just too much work for him

He got his electrician certificate and appears to be successful in the area, and managed to write a whole book. He seems to be really focused on achieving things, but once they're achieved he loses interest and starts to dream of something else. Him not getting published doesn't really say much about the quality of the book, a lot of really successful authors and books were rejected plenty of times, just goes back into his pattern of "wants things, gets things, becomes unsatisfied and wants something else".

Wife is still a saint for putting up with this.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Yeah this is what I'm getting at.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I knew a Dave once. He and his friend John were burnouts in my hometown's one band growing up, they ended up wacked out on thsi weird drug they called "Soy Sauce" and blew up like half the town trying to fight an extradimensional pig-computer.

They ended up making an awesome movie about it, they called it Girl, Interrupted.

lol

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My [21F] girlfriend just broke up with me [23M] and kicked me out of our apartment, because her parents paid the rent.

quote:

So, after dating for about a year, my girlfriend and I decided to move in together in DC. She's going to Georgetown Law, and I just finished up a year in AmeriCorps. Because service jobs pay so poorly, she said her parents could pay for the first two months of rent, as long as I could pay for September. We both signed the lease.
I can, but after breaking up with me via FB as I as moving my stuff in, she now told me the night before that I am violating her consent by living there, and I have no right to be there. She previously said I could stay until I find a job, but there it is.
What do I do? Is moving in with an ex a violation of consent? I put all my eggs in this basket, these promises, and now I'm really hosed.
tl;dr: GF won't let me stay in our shared apartment. Says it violates her consent.

Some good comments

quote:

You're on the lease. You have just as much right to live there as she does.
This "violation of consent" is bs. Talk to a lawyer.
IF you can get removed from the lease without penalty - go for it. You're better off without this one. Talk to her parents. You are on the lease.

quote:

She's going to Georgetown Law
"she now told me the night before that I am violating her consent by living there"
Yeah, she's pretend lawyering you man. Real lawyer time

quote:

I'm a lawyer. You're on the lease. You definitely have a right to be there. And there is no such thing as "violating her consent." And furthermore, YOU HAVE TO BE THERE BECAUSE YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT TO PAY RENT. It doesn't matter who paid the rent, what matters is your personal liability for the apartment. If she trashes the apartment, you would be liable for half of it. So yeah, you have an interest in that apartment. BTW, this isn't legal advice.
Some options:
1) Call your landlord, explain the situation, and see if he will void the lease. He might be cool and do so. Landlords don't want to deal with that bullshit. He might evict her too.
2) Get a lawyer (expensive, but might be worth it).
3) Call the sheriff and explain to them the situation and let them know that your roommate is harassing you. Remember, you have a legal right to that apartment.
4) Rent out your part of the apartment to somebody from craigslist. I'm sure that will "violate her consent' too, but tough poo poo, you're on the lease.
5) Ask her if she will buy out your portion of the lease. Ask for extra money for moving and expenses. You deserve it.
Sorry your GF sounds like such a horrible person.

Some other threads by OP not related to this topic
(23m) looking for intelligent (F), erudite sexting.
24 [M4R] I'm a staff writer at an erotic magazine...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

My (30f) fiancée (32m) ~four years. I left because of his coworker. Was I too impulsive?

Well he might be cheating and i'll know in 15 minutes so I'm just gonna leave now and destroy 4 years of a relationship

Lol this one is great, I think it gets overlooked because it seems incredibly mild until the twist ending.

"My fiance is friendly toward a pretty girl at work. He's working long hours and I'm getting suspicious. So I took all of our possessions and moved out while he was at work and I'm literally never speaking to him again."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tender Bender posted:

Lol this one is great, I think it gets overlooked because it seems incredibly mild until the twist ending.

"My fiance is friendly toward a pretty girl at work. He's working long hours and I'm getting suspicious. So I took all of our possessions and moved out while he was at work and I'm literally never speaking to him again."

It's like if you miss an episode of a soap opera.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Honestly I think the worst part is that she didn't wait 15 minutes to see if the boss came home. But as someone who has an ex who cheated on me with his coworker... there honestly probably were tons of signs that she picked up on. Maybe it really was stress or maybe he really was cheating. If she can't trust him then she may as well start over I guess.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

gentle pete posted:

I [18F] read a conversation between my boyfriend [18M] and uncle [50+M] that I wasn't supposed to see that made me extremely uncomfortable

from a few pages back, but this boyfriend is a heck of a catch

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

PleasingFungus posted:

Hmm yes this dude who is never there for me emotionally, discusses our private intimate life with his creepy uncle, and is terrible in bed, is worth dating at age 18 when I should be out there experiencing life with others who maybe care about me.

Oh, to be 18 and hilariously naive again. :allears:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Apr 4, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

I looked up her other posts and apparently she and her boyfriend are each other's "first" in a lot of things. Not just sex, but even things like kissing. Here's the one she listed on there about panic attacks:

quote:

I have panic disorder. I've had it for around 10 years now, nothing new, nothing that I can't particularly handle by myself. But that doesn't change the fact that sometimes, it's nice to have comfort from others, especially my boyfriend of 3 years. We are long distance (not very long and he is moving back home next year),and comforting me over text has never really been his strength, but at least it distracts me a little bit.
Anyway, last night, I had a pretty bad panic attack that lasted for around 20 minutes. I knew my boyfriend was awake as he had been sporadically texting me, so I let him know. He asked me a few questions and then said "Hopefully one of these days you'll get over it because it's just a silly thing to be scared of."

This in itself made me extremely angry, and I kind of snapped at him. Once I did he told me to "chill" and that he meant it positively/that I shouldn't twist it but nothing bothers me more than ignorance toward mental disorders (would you tell someone with the flu to just get over it? No, mental illnesses should be treated the same).

He then told me he was going to bed because he was tired. He didn't say I love you, so honestly I got even angrier and snapped a little bit more. He read it and didn't reply. He snap chatted me a black screen for our streak this morning so I texted him- read and ignored. Texted him that I was pretty angry- read and ignored. Called him an hour later- declined almost immediately. I know I shouldn't have reached out to him that much but I'm honestly fuming.
Of all people, I'm kind of offended that my boyfriend of three years would treat me like this when I could use his support? I could be wrong but doesn't seem like his actions are super supportive. If he ever had a panic attack and needed comfort, I would call and stay up with him all night if I had to, not tell him to get over it and go to sleep.

I think I'm angry because I'm hurt that one of the people I love most did that. It's making me realize that a lot of the time I'm here for him way more than he is for me and I'm not sure what to do.

I'm sorry if I'm overreacting.

Any advice?

TL;DR: Had a panic attack last night, boyfriend told me to get over it and go to sleep, now I'm very angry and he's ignoring me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

chitoryu12 posted:

I looked up her other posts and apparently she and her boyfriend are each other's "first" in a lot of things. Not just sex, but even things like kissing. Here's the one she listed on there about panic attacks:

So if she's filled with murderous rage, she's not having a panic attack! Sounds like a real helpful guy!!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Like goddamn, dude. She's at a point where the only thing she needs is support and you're offended at the idea.:redflag:

Edit:

quote:

I could be wrong but doesn't seem like his actions are super supportive.

"I could be wrong! Maybe him ignoring me and refusing to talk to me is actually support!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

He's 18, I'm not surprised he's not a supportive and useful human being at that age.