Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WWE going with lucha rudo/ruda refs is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Are we going to see the Nick Patrick storyline play out again

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AJ Styles relegated to the jobber battle royal, yikes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

drat

are there really people who care about this

The audience sure didn't. That was a dead crowd

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

fez_machine posted:

The audience sure didn't. That was a dead crowd

WWE fans will pay good money just to sit on hard cam bored and on their phones.

The real Saudi elite experience!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Maxwell Lord posted:

Are we going to see the Nick Patrick storyline play out again

I think it's over. Sonya told her "I don't associate with crooked refs :smug: "

Fish Of Doom posted:

The only way I'm interested in this is if the winner is the only one who isn't released the next day.

They wouldn't release that many tag teams, then there wouldnt be a tag division. Speaking of, who's going after :checks roster champs: Nikki and Rhea next?

For that battle royale I predict the people who arent a tag team and who aren't on main event/24-7 division have the best shot of winning. So that means.............................................. T-Bar?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 20, 2021

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What the gently caress is Rock25?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
25th anniversary of the Rock's debut. I'm sure this will mean he is appearing at Survivor Series to celebr... oh, no I'm hearing he won't be there

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ahahahaha, hey guys, did you know the Rock used to work here?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How do you eliminate Omos? He's so big.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
live wrestling as always fun as hell. Show was terrible though. the pacing and production issues really show through live. crowd was dead as hell through most of it, ricochet got better reaction than anyone else. Dark match at the end was advertised as Roman and Usos vs drew and Viking raiders but we got drew and new day instead which ruled everyone was having fun during it and Paul hey man did some good mic work. austistic dude in a wheelchair having a freak out in front of the elevators, was there screaming curse words for at least an hour and a half, security and medical personnel just stood around him and yelled “HES AUTISTIC” at everyone walking by but didn’t help him or put him in the elevator. 10/10

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

John Romero posted:

security and medical personnel just stood around him and yelled “HES AUTISTIC”
At last, a way I can be allowed back into the Golden Corral!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i just noticed the TV implanted in her head

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i just noticed the TV implanted in her head

They are always finding stranger and stranger ways to watch the backstage TVs

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

How do you eliminate Omos? He's so big.

They should notify the other wrestlers and the audience of this by adding ”Big” to his name, I think.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Destroy My Sweater posted:

remember constable corbin

and how his feud with seth was so bad the mcmahon family came out and acknowledged it and promised to make RAW good so they debuted a bunch of nxt talent to a dead crowd and nothing changed

ha, the "YOU are the authority" thing came half a year after the Constable Corbin stuff! They buried Corbin and said you'd never see him all over the show again, and then Seth's first feud after beating Brock at Mania was.....Corbin!

Renaissance Spam posted:

If Main Event had any value, even as a C show, it could be a neat little "I'm a big fish in a small pond" gimmick.

The best thing Ryback ever did was the "pre-show stealer" gimmick he had for a few months before getting the heave-ho

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Mons Hubris posted:

They are always finding stranger and stranger ways to watch the backstage TVs

lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/bpritchard152/status/1462093551555301377

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shoulda known something was up when they were told they'd be action figures and videogame dlc

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

The only way I'm interested in this is if the winner is the only one who isn't released the next day.

I think it's bold to even put out this picture, who knows who from it will be released before tomorrow night.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I know we're all pumped for Survivor Series this weekend! Go Team Smackdown!!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Raw. Team raw is epic domination

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

It's a combination of skill and concentration

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

D.N. Nation posted:

ha, the "YOU are the authority" thing came half a year after the Constable Corbin stuff! They buried Corbin and said you'd never see him all over the show again, and then Seth's first feud after beating Brock at Mania was.....Corbin!

The best thing Ryback ever did was the "pre-show stealer" gimmick he had for a few months before getting the heave-ho

I think I remember that being based on him having a preshow match with Kalisto that I think Meltzer said was the best match on the entire ppv? Which sounds hilarious in hindsight.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the battle for brand supremacy is happening 5 blocks from my apartment, maybe i should go see which brand is dominant

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Is Ali injured or is he getting released

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Is Ali injured or is he getting released

It's 50/50 at this point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is how the brands r going to win

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sneak attack from team nxtahahahahahahahaha

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

This is loving insane. They're either cutting people at random and at the drop of a hat, or just loving people they know they're going to cut for the hell of it. Either one is completely plausible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Akileese posted:

This is loving insane. They're either cutting people at random and at the drop of a hat, or just loving people they know they're going to cut for the hell of it. Either one is completely plausible.

It happening to Bray made it clear to me it's mostly the former, imo

A lot of the rest of this makes me feel they're just also having fun loving with 2K. Didn't even wait a whole day after the trailer (for the game that was already delayed due to a prior mass release of talent)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Akileese posted:

this is just how every big company operates. its a sign you've made it. aew will never know this level of success

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Man WWE is going to get 3-4 billion on their next tv deal and “Dear Lord WHY?” Will be heard from space.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Smackdown is going to be in my city in January. I haven't missed a WWE show in Kansas City in 14 years, I'm not going to this one. gently caress the WWE.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

When Reigns was on Fallon, Fallon teased Roman vs. The Rock so that dogshit match is probably happening. The Rock I have never liked at all and it will be hilarious for WWE to just have Roman go over cleanly making it official that he has beaten every single person in undisputed fashion they could ever possibly build to with their roster of zero stars.

Roman’s not losing that belt at least for another 3 years and I have no idea how they’re going to reconcile that reality with the fact that they need to fill arenas and get viewers. WWE will be making record profits with an untelevised show that doesn’t have live viewers like Tesla makes billions while producing nothing.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Akileese posted:

The brief time I interacted with Twitter weirdos and asked them to explain or justify this sort of thing their answer was "It's just business, WWE obviously knows what they're doing, etc."

Hyping up the likes of Bearcat Lee, Kross or Black's return just to release them without giving them a chance is not only a waste of precious airtime, but also takes away potential airtime to get other talent over. It's a lose-lose for the talent and fans alike..

Kross is a doofus but everything about his main roster call-up is baffling and unjustifiable. And even if you were brain poisoned enough to "let it play out" or had interest in his vignettes or hope that Scarlett to show up? gently caress you he's gone lol you absolute fool what were you thinking getting invested in a talent

Edit: also lmao I forgot Kross was NXT champion so yeah you watch NXT? gently caress you!!!!

Destroy My Sweater fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 20, 2021

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Smackdown taping a by this time next year are going to be like:

8:00-8:25: backstage footage of the big dog arriving at the arena
8:25:830: Bron Breaker vs Dolph Ziggler
8:30-835: recap of opening segment
8:35-8:45: backstage segment involving divas (that term will be back)
8:45-9:00: backstage segment with Roman and the Usos
9:00-9:15: Dominic Promo
9:15-9:25: Bra and panties match
9:25-9:40: Kofi vs Eli Drake
9:40-10:00: in-ring Roman promo

2.1 million people will watch this and WWE will be paid $5 million by fox for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Akileese posted:

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. It's idiotic.