Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Are you including SD Gundam shows and Twilight Axis?

I'm kind of conflicted on Twilight Axis. It's bad, but the unique ways it's bad, combined with its limited runtime, makes me unsure if it's one of the all time worst.

If we're counting SD, though, then yeah. There is some real garbage there. I'd place World Heroes below Divers, and that is not something I say lightly. (And that one, I slogged all the way through on sheer stubborn.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

wdarkk posted:

Are you including SD Gundam shows and Twilight Axis?

Including SD stuff feels like cheating so I don't include them despite them deserving it - Twilight Axis absolutely goes into the dungeon though, what a baffling misfire

Gundam: it's real good except those times when it wasn't

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I just really want to get to Digimon now, that's how bored I am with SEED

ahaha :hfive:

this ep 31-32 mark hit enough stupid soap notes for me to enjoy rolling around in, though you do have to mourn the idea of a series where Kira actually died. GGP will be carried by support shows for that whole year and i wish them luck. doubling up on kid shows already gives me pause but i'll at least take it as an excuse to finally watch Tamers.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
We all know Twilight Axis is bad, but is it a show?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wdarkk posted:

We all know Twilight Axis is bad, but is it a show?

Science places it somewhere between a mop and a puppet.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Destiny was genuinely one of the most disappointing things I've watched and I'm including all of Game of Thrones and Dexter in this equation. I like Seed more than some others here since the dumb melodrama and teenage soap operaness of it really appeals to me and I thought there were some interesting ideas and characters buried in the worst parts of Seed and then Destiny just sort of shits on it. Season 2 for 00 doesn't even come close to Destiny on any level of disappointment for me, even if it's not as good as season 1.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Cleretic posted:

The only thing I know about Build Divers is that one episode where they give the Devil Gundam the sort of fight that G Gundam's action was never able to provide (not that G's action was bad, but a kung-fu show can't quite showcase a fight against something like that). That part was neat.

Getting the feeling I shouldn't check out the rest or confirm my feelings.

given its length, the proportion of worthwhile stuff is too low to really recommend watching imo. but yeah it does have some amazing fights, a decent comedy ep or two, and i quite liked the back half of the Break Decal arc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

dogsicle posted:

given its length, the proportion of worthwhile stuff is too low to really recommend watching imo. but yeah it does have some amazing fights, a decent comedy ep or two, and i quite liked the back half of the Break Decal arc.

oh yeah, I forgot it includes the most correct villain in Gundam history

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Raus in it?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gripweed posted:

oh yeah, I forgot it includes the most correct villain in Gundam history

that and it basically backs up his position by having that real plamo fight be one of the action high points of the series.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I do hope if they ever revisit the Build Divers setting he apologizes to Hiroto for being, y'know, directly responsible for Eve's death.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Have you considered that when adjusted for popularity 0083 is the worst

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wait no that's be unicorn sorry

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Wait no that's be unicorn sorry

I'll allow it

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Have you considered that when adjusted for popularity 0083 is the worst

Gundam SEED is much more popular than either 0083 or Unicorn according to polls, forcing me to acknowledge it as being, by these metrics, the worst Gundam.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

first look at our new MC and gundam

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1508670338405572608?t=XW-wUm1fhpSzBTJyzmU-NA&s=19

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

All hail Gundam Lfrith!

The first Welsh Gundam?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hideous color scheme

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So I'm pretty sure this is the first female protagonist of a 'leading' Gundam show (so not a spinoff of an existing universe), but how many female protagonists has the series had overall? It's gotta be low by my reckoning.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Doesn't really pop

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cleretic posted:

So I'm pretty sure this is the first female protagonist of a 'leading' Gundam show (so not a spinoff of an existing universe), but how many female protagonists has the series had overall? It's gotta be low by my reckoning.

For anime?

Selene from Stargazer and Arlette from Twilight Axis. That's it.

Edit: Got the preview video!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Witch from Mercury looks cool. MS designs feel kinda between SEED, G-Reco and IBO?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can feel the gyobu but I'm getting vibes from another series I can't place.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Val rave

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Airs Oct 2022 apparently.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

waiting for them to say who's directing and writing it before getting excited

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
neither the pilot nor the gundam have a giant witch hat so i'm already disappointed

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

neither the pilot nor the gundam have a giant witch hat so i'm already disappointed

Midseason upgrade.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Gaius Marius posted:

Hideous color scheme

The protagonist Gundam, the Gundam Aerial has the traditional White/Blue/Red/Yellow

(the official site shows it if you switch language from English to Japanese)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

chiasaur11 posted:

Midseason upgrade.

Give them funnels that look like black cats.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The main suit looks a little legalis to me

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

BisbyWorl posted:

Give them funnels that look like black cats.

On broomsticks!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Napoleon Nelson posted:

All hail Gundam Lfrith!

The first Welsh Gundam?

Gundam Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

whats the english translation

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

whats the english translation

Basically, it's names, that there's going to be a preview short in a few months, and that they're making kits for the main Gundam and the designs that'll star in the preview.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

overlordbunny posted:

The Reborns is fun, I love that it exists because Ribbons looked at the designs of the CB-001 1 Gundam and the CBY-077 GN Cannon, said "Relying on others, EWW." Then mashed them together.

On the other hand, I hate that the Reborns Gundam is a bastardization of two cool individual units that smashes them together into a horrible mess. The 1 and 1.5 Gundam look great, as does the GN Cannon; but bolting both to each other's backs just makes the two of them look bad. I just imagine how cool it'd have been for Ribbons to be using a 1.5 Gundam with multiple bit GN Cannons or something, the way Tieria was remotely controlling the Raphael Gundam and Seravee Gundam II (or Seravee Gundam and 2 SEM units that was apparently considered at one point going by a manga or something) and smile wistfully when I see them or the Reborns Gundam. Which would be even cooler if Ribbons was controlling Bit GN Cannons with bits of their own or something.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
since the YouTube upload is region locked at the moment, Twitter upload for the first bit of animation we have for Witch From Mercury;

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1508678632595931142

https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/status/1508680964716720133

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Here’s a page for the kits, more looks at the suit design

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/g-witch/

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's interesting that the 3 units first shown all have rather different looking thruster setups. I think this might be the first main unit since Turn A to use that kind of vertical thrusters filled with vanes, rather than round or squared off units with a single hole that thrust comes out of too. I wonder if the Beguir-Beu will be a grunt unit too; it's pretty different for the "Zaku II" of a setting/show if it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Since the Beguir-Beu is specifically from the Prologue, I'd assume it's some sort of ace suit, maybe a variant of something we'll see in the show.