Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Friend of Taichi unfaithful to spouse, news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

coconono posted:

HUSTLE was the weirdest poo poo and about 20 years ahead of its time.

Kawada/Taichi forever

https://twitter.com/golazodan/status/864581776341180416?lang=en

https://streamable.com/itob9

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Happy that Uemura came the highest of the JP dojo boys, but no way Suzuki-Gun should be ranked the 8th best unit.

gently caress out of here with that. Suzuki-Gun Ichiban

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Suplex Liberace posted:

YAMATO rules hes my DG fav (other than the man Don Fuji)

Mocchy for life, heathen

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Schneider Heim posted:

That said, is there a shortlist of great matches to watch on DDT Universe? I've subbed but the amount of content is overwhelming. Or should I just walk my way through the MOTYC lists?

A notable exception to the cagematch list posted above is KUDO vs Shuji Ishikawa from Peter Pan 2011, which is one of my favourite David vs Goliath matches ever

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

As I sit watching a random Excite Series show in front of 300 people I want to say that watching all the All Japan house shows on AJPW TV is a poor use of your time and probably wouldn't recommend except Yuma Aoyagi just went to jump off the top rope and had to climb down to the 2nd turn buckle as the roof is too low. Now he was vertical suplexed by JR Kratos and his feet almost touched the ceiling.

It's not really a good use of time but when the alternative is watching Law and Order repairs over breakfast it suddenly becomes easier to justify

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

just rust posted:

While we are on the subject of Rojo ProWres everyone should watch the elephant park one. It's here.

They are wrestling in some kind of elephant sanctuary amusent park thing because wouldn't it be cool if elephants were nearby during a wrestling match? This is all the justification that is needed.

The first ten minutes of entrances were already magic, but then it goes to a whole other level when AN ACTUAL ELEPHANT enters frame

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well that DDT Dojo show was a very easy watch, aside from the ending to the Dino match which was...something else :stare:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watched the last two matches from Judgement, and wow that main event was amazing. Takeshita is always great, and Tanaka more than held up his end. It defies belief that he looks just as good as he did 20 years ago, albeit with more horrifying forehead scars.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was rewatching Fujita/Go and I got a chuckle at the GHC Parade of Champions going off the rails almost immediately. Misawa, Akiyama...Ogawa?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's gonna rule, love me some kick boys

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jeez, 14 matches on the card will be exhausting, but definitely looking forward to Endo Vs Akito

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Has Sakuraba been decent in NOAH? My only memories of him are his banger vs Nakamura at WK7 and the poo poo with the Gracies in 2014. Is he getting even close to approaching Sugiura's level or is he still kind of awkward in the ring?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is why Tekkers are the purest friends

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

If, like me, you've been eagerly waiting for someone to upload the NOAH show from the 30th all day then good news

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1301919698083340288?s=20

Much appreciated forkboy, hopefully i'll have time to check this out tomorrow after the New Japan show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thanks for motivating me to dig out my Destiny 05 DVD, it's been years since I watched that show. Outside of the big 3 matches, there's a real fun Jr Title match between Kenta and Yoshinobu Kanemaru. It's weird seeing Uncle Nobu so young, i'm too used to him being a drunk curmudgeon nowadays.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm finally catching up with the August 30th NOAH show, and I feel really bad for YO-HEY and Harada. Tadasuke is such a prick and he seems to be loving every second of it. Looking forward to the main event, especially after seeing Nakajima's new look from the September 6th show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

I've always had a soft spot for Tadasuke because he just drips sleaze but yeah, he's a very entertaining midcard heel.

He's certainly great. It was so weird seeing him as a junior when I was getting back into NOAH, he's slimmed down a ton since he was representing Osaka Pro in Chikara back in 2010-12.

And Masa Funaki is still great, another of that over 50 crowd that can turn it on when they need to.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Holy crap, starting the N1 with Kenoh vs Nakajima. Spicy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Schneider Heim posted:

https://puroprogramtranslations.blogspot.com/2020/09/noah-post-match-interviews-n-1-victory.html

I love everything about this

Please recommend me Mochi matches, I've become a fan

If you've got a DDT Universe membership here is a match vs Kenoh from last years N-1, otherwise

vs Shingo from 2015
vs Kzy from 2018
Unfortunately his best match vs BxB Hulk is only on rutube and I don't have an account, so here's a fun little match between the two from a few years ago

And here's a 1995 match vs perpetual old man Shinjiro Ohtani who, despite looking 20 years older, is actually 2 years Mocchy's junior

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Assume you mean the Kobe World match 2011? BiliBili, comes through

My man :ocelot:

e: I didn't even think about the OP himself. Ditch has a bunch of Mochizuki matches on his site, I just watched Mocchy vs 64 year old Yoshiaki Fujiwara in a UWF Rules match that was short and fun

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 19, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenoh and Katsu taking turns kicking Go is some good times

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This has been a show of odd finishes. I quite enjoyed it, though the lack of commentary was distracting at points

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

The NOAH Juniors are usually second fiddle and especially during this tournament but there was some pretty fascinating action after the undercard 6 man tag between Stinger and Harada, YO-HEY and Okada.

YO-HEY attacked Harada to complete the collapse of RATEL'S and then walked off. Stinger start beating on Harada, the Kongo Jrs get involved, then Sugiura-gun and it's a whole mess and Atsushi Kotoge comes out to save Harada, they shake hands then Kotoge's Full Throttle team mates get pissed at that and attack Kotoge and Harada and YO-HEY joins them and it's an overbooked mess but in such a way it was fun to watch and at least they've done something with YO-HEY and Harada.

Just not going to think too hard about the fact Full Throttle has only existed for a handful of months.

Also MOTYC man Fujita will be back in NOAH for the N1 final show

Oh poo poo, I just skipped this match because I was on my third event of the day, going back to watch it now. Tentatively excited about a Momo no Seishun reunion, they were great whenever they made the trip over to Chikara back in the Osaka Pro days

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pretty sneaky forkboy84, I was feverishly looking for the NOAH show that starts in 10 minutes and I see you edited your schedule to a Tuesday release :hmmno:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Shamefully I only noticed this morning. Could've sworn I checked on the NOAH site & it was live but apparently I made that up :(

I very much appreciate the work you put in to keep up the weekly schedule, whenever I feel like I'm missing wrestling I can always just check the thread to see what's happening.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH's 26.09 show appears to have been uploaded on Universe as separate matches, not a fan

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Currently working my way through the card after catching up with the G1. First two block matches were real fun, and it was cool to see Kotoge and Harada teaming again until the ending and post match brawl. Taniguchi has really been impressing me this tournament, so hopefully Marufuji doesn't bring that weird energy from the Sugiura match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wasn't expecting that ending for Kenoh/Sugi, Katsu seems a lock now

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 4, 2020

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

...is Hajime Ohara's haircut/facial hair combo reminiscent of a particularly nasty Austrian bloke or is my brain broken & I'm seeing Hitlers everywhere?

Whatever, his new haircut looks bad

People kept confusing him with Kotoge, which is more of an issue now that they're in different stables

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cutting to Sugiura watching on is a nice touch

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I went to abema to start catching up with the show, and the very top video is the winners interview with his face right there in the thumbnail. Cheers for the spoiler, dickheads

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I feel a desperate need to Taichi to go back to NOAH and have kickbattles with Kenoh, Katsu, and Mocchy

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watched the GLEAT 15.10 show and it was a real fun way to spend two hours.
- The opener was the worst match on the card, but was inoffensive and short. I've never liked NOAWA's look, going all the way backto when I saw him in TNA back in 2004
- The two UWF Rules matches were the definite highlights, with Syuri/Yuu being my MOTN
- Masa Funaki and Minoru Tanaka are awesome as double-hard old bastards
- I have no idea who Kenoh's opponent was, apparently a Wrestle-1 guy but he looked real good for only being two years in the business
- The main event was such an odd mashup of people but it worked well and didn't wear out it's welcome. I enjoyed Daisuke Sekimoto lifting fools twice his size, and it was cool seeing Akiyama and Taniguchi teaming together. The last time I remember them sharing a ring was at Kobashi's retirement show when Taniguchi still wore the mask.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I kind of hoped Eruption and Nautilus would leave the ring following the 6-man and make another entrance for the main event, but not complaining. That was phenominal.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up the two Noah shows I missed, and i'm finding it odd that Marufuji is tagging with Ohara. Is there some history between the two i'm unaware of, or some sort of partnership between Full Throttle and M's? Or am I reading too deep and Ohara just needed something to do while the other two FT members challenged for the tag titles?

Also lol at the ever continuing Jr drama, it's been annoying me since I got back into Noah that Suzuki wears red while not a member of Kongoh so happy he got some comeuppance

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It shouldn't at this point, but i'm still continually surprised at how old Otani looks no matter what year it is

JOHN CENA posted:

i wish more goons knew about genki horiguchi

Jimmyz for life

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I posted a match recently, I think it was in this thread, of Otani vs Mochizuki from 1995. Ohtani looked 20 years older than Mocchy, it was really distracting

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was catching up with Hi5ame's twitter, and

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1322746162995220480

Just look at these babyfaced young men. It's a shame Gulak is trapped in the WWE, I'd love to see this match run back a decade later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's weird reading Gulak's Wikipedia entry, because there's no mention of him working for Chikara outside of the list of titles he won. At least OC's says right at the top that he used to be Fire Ant

RealFoxy posted:

CHIKARA used to be good

Yeah, High Noon was so great and then Ashes happened :smith: