Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Welp, now I'm going to have to go home and try to find my tape with the Honma-Yamakawa matches from '99-'00 on them. And probably find a source for these matches as well. Thanks Ditch :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Son of Spam posted:

I just watched the Ito v. Abby Jr. 4 corners of pain match on youtube. And while the video quality is lovely it really doesn't take anything away from the complete insanity of the finish.

I love deathmatch finishes. They're just so...crazy.

Whatever happened to the simpler days of dumping someone into a tank of pirahna?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ditch posted:

Naoshi Sano is much in the line of Survival Tobita in terms of being the straight man against odd opponents. He once took a 619 from an 8 year old girl and sold it.

:love: Naoshi Sano :love:

Ah, Saitama Pro, you were the darling of the Internet for about twenty minutes in 1999. :911:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

That was nothing like what I expected, yet it was everything I needed.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RheinholdMessner posted:

Ventura, Monsoon and Heenan (I think) all used to use "pearl harbour". I would also approve if they referred to cowardly acts and people as "yellow"

That's more referring to a "yellow stripe down their back", as in a chicken.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Artemis Entreri posted:

Toshiaki Kawada & Shinjiro Ohtani destroyed RG & HG in 12 minutes, 46 seconds when Kawada viciously machine-gun chopped RG into oblivion.

Christ on a loving pony

I just don't even know what to say. It's :gonk: personified, right down to the facial expression.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Ditch posted:

Okay if nobody can dig this match then I give up

Kaientai Deluxe vs Delfin, Hamada, Tiger Mask 4, Naniwa & Yakushiji, Michinoku Pro October 10th 1996

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NIB0JCEB

One of the definitive puro matches. Lots of fun, lots of action, ridiculously good execution on everything, non-stop pace, it's one of the few matches everyone agrees on.

If people don't like this match, they can loving die.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

was that the same parking lot BJW decided to have Zandig wrestle in a burning ring? If you haven't seen the match, its an impressive feat of stupidity.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7h-eoEAhA

Because man, there's a lot of stupid in that video.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
21 minutes of that WX-Necro match!?! thanks but pass

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

be sure to follow the Four Pillars twitter account:

https://twitter.com/TheFourPillars1/status/1260309657496817668

man, I've long said all I need in life is someone to post all the slow-mo replays from the end of the Triple Crown/big matches. That Kobashi swing is just the best.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for Golden Lovers matches, either DDT or NJPW? I've seen some small clips but I've never seen an actual full match.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, it seems to be the only Japanese-related thread, not finding anything for DDT or NJPW.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909429&pagenumber=201&perpage=40

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
KONGOH is going to go on an excursion to save America and Kenoh is going to order one of everything from a Taco Bell to do it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

forkboy84 posted:

Well, that's not a match I expected to happen.

Also is Jack Cartwheel good? I saw him on the PWG comeback show last year & thought he was really mediocre but he also seems very much like the kind of gaijin CIMA would have brought into Dragongate 10 years ago & who'd rapidly get way better (see PAC & Ricochet for the most obvious examples but honestly that applies to the Young Bucks too)

I think Ricochet is a good comp - I think Ricochet had a better handle on Pro Wrestling than Cartwheel does at this point, but Ricochet was as close to a generational talent in high flying as they come.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
KENOH-Cassidy captures my imagination more than even Suzuki-Cassidy, drat. Joey, Spring Break this poo poo.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Wait, is that the restaurant that Naito always stiffs the reporter at?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That bottom photo is Relationship Goals. look how happy the lads are.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

Kaito in TJPW, eking out a win against Kaya Toribami then getting demolished by Big Match Pom.

Is there a canon reason her mask looks like Delfin's or is it just because it looks sick

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

NOAH turned into HUSTLE so gradually, I didn't even notice.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

That's 3 very good matches and then somebody invoked a superstition at the edge of the universe and let House of Torture in :smith:

We gotta find someone new to humiliate Kaito with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Don't threaten us with a good time, KENOH!