Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh thank God they didn't have Kaito lose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Uhhhh yeah, I thought that was a bit about him having a tough match or getting beaten up backstage or something, not an actual literal death notice :stare:

Translation through Google:

quote:

[Obituary News] Notice of the passing of Yutaka Yoshie Yutaka Yoshie, who was participating in the Takasaki tournament held today, passed away on March 10, 2024. After Yutaka Yoshie returned to the waiting room after the match, his condition suddenly deteriorated and he was rushed to a hospital in Takasaki City, but he never returned home. We would like to remember Yutaka Yoshie's achievements during his lifetime and pray for his soul to rest in peace. All Japan Pro Wrestling

loving hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah goddamn that is a stacked card for DDT, nice!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I usually try to watch NOAH shows if they air live and aren't up against a New Japan show, but I missed this one:

forkboy84 posted:

Pro Wrestling NOAH Great Voyage in Nagoya
Nagoya International Congress Centre, Nagoya
Jake Lee vs Kazuyuki Fujita

Just listening to The Big Audio Nightmare and :lol: apparently Fujita took Lee to a 30 minute draw in front of a dead crowd and made sure to hit a big powerbomb and be going for the pin as the time ran out. Jake Lee is the current #1 contender for the GHC Title :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's kind of weird that Judgement won't have English comms, given it's one of their big annual shows (right?)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh well, at least NOAH has Kenoh as world champion to help steer the ship through these problems!

:negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Oishi wins and the angry little GM loses his loving mind. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus you weren't kidding, there's one DDT show and it's not even live :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo :stwoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What's that weird expression on Kenoh's face in the last photo? If I didn't know better I'd say he was... happy? :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Princess of Princess Title: Miyu Yamashita(c) vs Miu Watanabe
Live on Wrestle Universe

:bisonyes::hf::sickos:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

It's Nakajima. Seeing as he's not even booked for the Carnival I'd not be shocked if he was done with All Japan now so he felt he had "protect himself" or whatever. Wrestlers remain the biggest marks.

I had assumed he was in AJPW for long enough to eventually FINALLY lose to Miyahara but... nope, 15 years and Miyahara has still never once beaten Nakajima in a singles match!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kenoh is so loving incredible :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It is very, very appreciated, thanks forkboy :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Will Kenoh make Kiyomiya the most humiliated(er) man alive? I hope to find out soon!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commentary currently explaining their desire to have bear Daga's children :confused:

Edit: Holy poo poo what a crazy loving submission tower :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 11, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol: HAYATA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

lmao already humiliation

The worst humiliation of his life... so far!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Guys, I'm worried that Kenoh might be in a bad mood now!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The absolute best value for money deal you can get for Japanese wrestling is Wrestle Universe which includes a number of promotions for 1298 YEN a month (incredible value) but primarily:

NOAH - The "serious" promotion, #2 behind New Japan in Japan, has its issues particularly around some baffling booking decisions at times but overall delivers very good quality and hard-hitting wrestling.
DDT - The "goofy" promotion that does a ton of comedy, but usually has far more serious matches at the top of the card with some truly excellent wrestlers. This is where you will have seen stuff like wrestling a blow-up doll.
TJPW - DDT's sister promotion, the second biggest women's wrestling promotion in Japan behind Stardom (which itself is arguably the 2nd biggest wrestling promotion in all of Japan) - does a mixture of comedy and serious, has some great characters, excellent wrestlers, and some of the best loving theme songs going.

NOAH's big shows regularly have English commentary. DDT will also often do English commentary, though their teams mix up and range from great (anytime Chris Brookes and Baliyan Akki get together is a treat) to serviceable to not very good. TJPW sometimes but not often does English commentary. Both DDT and TJPW will often get live English translations going on Twitter, though I don't recall the specific addresses sorry - the guy who used to do TJPW regularly, Mr. Haku, moved on to other things though he does do live commentary on some of Chris Brookes' "Baka-Gaijin" Shows that also air on Wrestle Kingdom.

Others can tell you more about the other promotions on the service, like Sendai Girls and Ganbare Pro, but the point is that WU is astonishingly good value for money.

There's also All Japan, which was THE promotion in the 1990s and still exists today albeit with entirely different owners and is far, far smaller than its heyday. However it gets regularly talked up for the quality of its matches, and you can get a membership account there for their streaming service for (I think) 900 yen a month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy's write-up just reminded me of a couple years back when DDT did one of their empty Tokyo Dome matches, and it was teams from NOAH, DDT and TJPW wrestling throughout the building for a cash prize. When it finally got down to the last two teams and they were going at it, a representative from Tokyo Dome came over to congratulate the GM on a wonderful show and then gave him the bill for hiring the venue. The GM didn't have the money to pay it so he gave the guy the cash prize and then ran away as the show went off the air while the wrestlers were still fighting for it :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's a great write-up, thanks fez_machine.

Crush Gals vs. Jumping Bomb Angels is an absolutely insane watch, the atmosphere is off the charts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqWC0idWTu8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rossy Ogawa is such a clown, he's only doing untold damage to the women's wrestling scene by splitting Stardom, and it's all probably part of a backdoor operation for WWE to get into Japan anyway. Bah! Fie on you, Rossy Ogawa!
Rossy Ogawa's new promotion will be part of Wrestle Universe.
The man's a genius! A visionary! Plaudits for Rossy Ogawa! Medals!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is it still going? I just turned it on and they immediately turned off the lights, perhaps because they don't want me to know they're there?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Red dude is getting his rear end beat!

Edit: Haha as I posted that he did a sick suplex that landed blue guy on his neck.. and blue guy IMMEDIATELY turned it into an armbar.

HE JUST DID IT AGAIN! :pusheen:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

And then red guy just won it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, there was a fighter called Junji.com!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Amazing, God bless the real combat sport that is pro-wrestling and the fake fighting that is MMA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big boys doing thangs :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DDT... please... my family... :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spoiler from the latest New Japan Road to Dontaku Show, seems like a pretty big deal maybe! Jake Lee just came striding down to the ring and beat the poo poo out of Tetsuya Naito during his match against Drilla Moloney, wearing his Good Looking Guys t-shirt while Charlton noted he is a NOAH guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't figure out how to buy this or even how much it costs so... I guess I'll catch up on it on replay somewhere down the line :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why Gabe isn't officially the new leader of Bullet Club I simply cannot figure out, he's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

we got Jerusalem's hated "Uploaded later to WU" for a DDT show,